Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,101 members, 7,825,484 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

Adult Children Of Gay Parents - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Adult Children Of Gay Parents (1892 Views)

Why Are Nigerians Terrified Of Gay Marriages In America? / Photo: Fire Roasts 4 Children Of Same Parents To Death On Xmas Day In Anambra / Should Parents Be Held Accountable For Their Adult Children's Behavior? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adult Children Of Gay Parents by intrepid: 12:15pm On Jan 19, 2013
Sir Elton John and his partner had another child via a surrogate last week.These two children and others "born" by Other gay and lesbian parents will soon grow up and mix with the larger society,starting from schools.What will be the answer if they asked about their MOTHER or if someone insulted them with their unusual parentage?Will such child be satisfied with telling him/her that another man is the Mom?
Re: Adult Children Of Gay Parents by Gambrosia: 1:37pm On Jan 19, 2013
A nice topic at last! Amen!

I trust Sir and Mrszzzz Elton John have schooled their wonderful additions to their families on the BIGOTTED-cruelness of 'Occultic Satanic Christian' virtues? kiss

I would teach my children to 'take no hostages'. . . if ever confronted with such.

The main question should be is HOW ARE OTHER CHILDREN BETTER THAN THOSE RAISED BY OTHER SAME-SE-X COUPLES?

Did heterose-xual couples not produce ELTON JOHN? grin

Bottom line?

Such children should be ready to shut such people up at the drop of a hat.

A simple 'NONE OF YOUR GADDEM BUSINESS' should suffice! kiss
Re: Adult Children Of Gay Parents by Gambrosia: 1:54pm On Jan 19, 2013
Education time! cool

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/wayoflife/06/28/gayby/

[size=20pt]'Gayby boom': Children of gay couples speak out[/size]

[b]"You can imagine what my parents thought when I was 13 and listening to Rush Limbaugh everyday," Levey says.

[size=20pt] "But my family had strong family values. I was raised in a loving, caring household that let me be a free thinker."[/size]

Shame has now turned to pride for some gayby boomers. Many are now adults. They're writing memoirs, searching one another out online and have even formed their own support and advocacy group.

Their numbers are increasing as well, according to COLAGE (Children of Lesbians and Gays Everywhere). At least 10 million people have one or more lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender parent.

"As Harvey Milk [the first openly gay man elected to a major public office] said, the more people know us, the less they'll vote against us," says Silber, coordinator of COLAGE's New York chapter.

[size=20pt]DeGroot does periodically share one struggle with other same-sex children -- what to call his parents.

Since he's raised by two lesbians, who does he call mom? Other same-sex children address the same linguistic challenge by either calling their parents by their first names, or by using expressions like, "my other dad," or "kind-of-my mom," same-sex children researchers say.

"If I'm on one side of the house and I want to talk to my biological mom, I'll yell, 'Mother,' '' DeGroot says, chuckling. "If Meg [one of his mothers] says, 'Yes?' I'll say, 'No, other mother.' "

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

[/size]

[size=20pt]Science has already weighed in on the question of whether same-sex couples tend to raise gay children -- and if there's something wrong if they do.

According to the American Psychological Association, numerous research shows that most kids of same-sex households describe themselves as heterosexual in roughly the same proportion as conventional families. The association also says that homosexuality is not deviant behavior but a normal expression of human sexuality.

The APA also concludes that gay parents are just as capable as straight parents, and that laws barring same-sex couples from adopting have no scientific basis.
[/size]

[size=20pt]"The more our voices are heard, the less other people will be bigoted."

"When you grow up with Lesbian mothers, you can't get your ears pierced to rebel," he says. "I became a Republican."
cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

[/size][/b]

HALLLLLELUJAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!! Thank our LUCKY STARS FOR SCIENCE!, NOT RELIGION!!! cool
Do ya thaaaaaaaaaaang peeps!
YOU MAKE ME PROUD!!!! cool
You are winning the 'ethno-religious' bigots, FROM THE MOST DYSFUNCTIONAL, SE-XUALLY EXPLOITED HETEROSEX-UAL FAMILIES all around the world!
Please, COME OUT IN LARGE NUMBERS AND FIGHT FOR YOUR IDENTITIES AND RIGHTS!
You have my FUUUUUUUUUUUUUULL SUPPORT! kiss
Re: Adult Children Of Gay Parents by intrepid: 2:41pm On Jan 19, 2013
Gambrosia: A nice topic at last! Amen!

I trust Sir and Mrszzzz Elton John have schooled their wonderful additions to their families on the BIGOTTED-cruelness of 'Occultic Satanic Christian' virtues? kiss

I would teach my children to 'take no hostages'. . . if ever confronted with such.

The main question should be is HOW ARE OTHER CHILDREN BETTER THAN THOSE RAISED BY OTHER SAME-SE-X COUPLES?

Did heterose-xual couples not produce ELTON JOHN? grin

Bottom line?

Such children should be ready to shut such people up at the drop of a hat.

A simple 'NONE OF YOUR GADDEM BUSINESS' should suffice! kiss
My guy and you thinks its gonna just be easy like that...Do you think there isnt any psychological involvement of the persons here?I'm waiting to see and hear as they grow.Its not a question of been raised by man or single parents.Its about a situation where there's NO FEMALE MOM.
Re: Adult Children Of Gay Parents by AspySuspy: 3:17pm On Jan 19, 2013
intrepid: My guy and you thinks its gonna just be easy like that...Do you think there isnt any psychological involvement of the persons here?I'm waiting to see and hear as they grow.Its not a question of been raised by man or single parents.Its about a situation where there's NO FEMALE MOM.

Callotti aka Blazay aka Lasinoh aka Gambrosia aka Aspy-Suspy says:

See the ELTON JOHN you are discussing. DID HE NOT HAVE A MOM IN THE HOUSE. . .He became GAY right under her nose! cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3UTptlg4Lc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qogNZlXAz40

Every human has a psychological cross to carry.
Ask those who lost their 'female moms' at a very young age.
Did they not have other 'females' around them?
Do same-se-x couples not have hetero-se-xual males and females in their families? undecided

Why is it such a wonder or bother to you? undecided

They are doing just fine. . .BETTER THAN MOST! POLYGAMY IS WORSE!!! ASK THOSE WHO GREW UP WITH SUCH LOW SELF-ESTEEM FROM SUCH BACKGROUNDS! No love, no committment, no direction, confusion with MULTIPLE MOMS AND DADS. . . . NOT TO MENTION SE-XUAL MOLESTATION FROM STEP BROTHERS AND SISTERS. . . UNCLES AND AUNTS! UNKNOWN PATERNITIES AND MATERNITIES TOO!cheesy

Talking of 'psychological involvment'! There is enough of that to go round. . . you don't NEED to be born in a 'gay-family' to inherit dysfunctionality from PEOPLE in general!

GIMME A FUNCTIONAL GAY HOME TO A DYSFUNCTIONAL STRAIGHT HOME ANY DAY, ANY TIME!
It is one thing to have a JUST A MOM. . .BUT ANOTHER THING TO HAVE A FUNCTIONAL MOM! Big difference! kiss

Thank you! cool
Re: Adult Children Of Gay Parents by AspySuspy: 3:41pm On Jan 19, 2013
Re: Adult Children Of Gay Parents by AspySuspy: 3:43pm On Jan 19, 2013
Please get with the times. . . you are VERY BEHIND. . .dear OP! wink
Some education for YOU and 'OTHERS'!!! grin
Pele o! cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nahifhpm9-8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp16BVPtyvk
Re: Adult Children Of Gay Parents by AspySuspy: 3:51pm On Jan 19, 2013
One more dear!

Only miserable peeps will be LIMITED BY WHAT OTHERS THINK AND FEEL ABOUT THEM! cheesy

YOU DON'T NEED A WOMAN TO BE HAPPY. . . YOU JUST HAVE TO BE HAPPY JUST THE WAY YOU ARE! grin

IF YOU DID LOVE YOUR OWN LIFE. . . YOU WOULD NOT CARE ABOUT OTHERS. . . YOUR GOD GAVE THEM A PURPOSE IN LIFE. . . YOU ENJOY YOURS! kiss JUST BE HAPPY FOR OTHERS. . . YOU ARE NOT A GOD! AMEN TO THAT! cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By-SXcaNGzY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=860Zvceh4BI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5k5CmkWCM0
Re: Adult Children Of Gay Parents by AspySuspy: 3:53pm On Jan 19, 2013
You need more proof? grin
HOW MANY SO-CALLED 'MR AND MRS' HOMES FOR HETEROSE-XUALS CAN BOAST OF 'SIMPLE' PEACE AND HAPPINESS LIKE THIS WITH THEIR FAKE LIVES? undecided ESPECIALLY RELIGIOUS BIGOTS? cheesy

You are older and you WILL SEE HOW BLESSED THESE CHILDREN WILL BE. . . AMEN! grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgfqgNizDMU

Please, feel free to use GOOGLE! I don't mean NL google o! cheesy
Ta da!

Off to the gym and some library time! cool

(1) (Reply)

Why Does This Make Her Forgive Me? / ‘my Husband Divorced Me While On Sickbed Treating Burnt Face’ / What Do Working Parents Do With Thier Kids During Summer Hols

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.