Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,860 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:42 AM

The Village Headmaster Returns To TV - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Village Headmaster Returns To TV (10198 Views)

Village Headmaster, Madam Kofo And All That / Cock Crows At Dawn - The Adio´s Family - Village Headmaster Etc - Your Favourite / The Village Headmaster TV Show (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Village Headmaster Returns To TV by ijebabe: 12:34pm On Jan 19, 2013
After all the speculation and drama surrounding the remake of the TV drama, The Village Headmaster, Nigeria Entertainment just confirmed the show is coming back to TV and recording has already begun with the Palace of the Ojora of Lagos in Ijora being used as the main location set.

The Village Headmaster, which was produced by NTA but created by late Ambassador Olusegun Olusola featured top actors like Justus Esiri, Adejumo Lewis, Lari Williams, Melvin Obringo, Albert Kosemani Olayemi, Wole Amele, Aremu Balogun and others.

I just watched this episode on YouTube and I'm hit with this strong wave of Nostalgia cry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvpzx1L4s88&feature=share&list=SP0A76DB082CA2CB85

1 Like

Re: The Village Headmaster Returns To TV by semid4lyfe(m): 1:23pm On Jan 19, 2013
Bad idea. . .what is it returning for? undecided

TV programming has evolved beyond Dramas like The Village Headmaster. As much as I enjoyed and liked it then, I won't be watching this re-boot/re-run even with the new episodes.

Also, times have changed, people have grown and matured, are more exposed and their world-views are different so I doubt they'll enjoy it much. Also take into cognisance the influx of Satellite TV, the Mexican Telenovellas, Reality TV/Game shows and foreign TV series.

Some programmes e.g The New Masquerade, Bassey & Company, Things Fall Apart, Cock Crow at Dawn, Jaguar Nana etc are better left in the past so we can cherish the good memories we have of them.

I enjoyed all these programmes on TV back in the 90's but me watch them now?. . .MBA o
!

Meanwhile Suits Season 2 is back. . .anyone watching? wink

8 Likes

Re: The Village Headmaster Returns To TV by Smartjeezy(m): 1:31pm On Jan 19, 2013
For me it's a Good idea...

1 Like

Re: The Village Headmaster Returns To TV by greenoak: 1:34pm On Jan 19, 2013
I disagree with. Those of u sayn it shld b a thing of d past.haba those plays abi na dramas potray our cuclture well nd moreso. D new generation we have now will also benefit nd enjoy the diff themes. Of d Said plays

1 Like

Re: The Village Headmaster Returns To TV by etalker: 1:35pm On Jan 19, 2013
If i was in 1995, I'd be happy. but in 2013? WTF!

#ThoughtheProgrammedidEntertainmebackthen.
Re: The Village Headmaster Returns To TV by adamsjoiy(m): 1:35pm On Jan 19, 2013
nawah oh.
Re: The Village Headmaster Returns To TV by sasview: 1:43pm On Jan 19, 2013
I think it will return with modern touch.
Re: The Village Headmaster Returns To TV by DOD1: 1:43pm On Jan 19, 2013
I remember eleyinmi
Re: The Village Headmaster Returns To TV by sasview: 1:47pm On Jan 19, 2013
e-talker:
If i was in 1995, I'd be happy. but in 2013? WTF!

#ThoughtheProgrammedidEntertainmebackthen.
I think it will return with modern touch.
Re: The Village Headmaster Returns To TV by Princeokwytex: 1:49pm On Jan 19, 2013
I cant wait to which it
Re: The Village Headmaster Returns To TV by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:01pm On Jan 19, 2013
semid4lyfe: Bad idea. . .what is it returning for? undecided

TV programming have evolved beyond Dramas like The Village Headmaster. As much as I enjoyed and liked it then, I won't be watching this re-boot/re-run even with the new episodes.

Also, times have changed, people have grown and matured, are more exposed and their world-views are different so I doubt they'll enjoy it much. Also take into cognisance the influx of Satellite TV, the Mexican Telenovellas, Reality TV/Game shows and foreign TV series.

Some programmes e.g The New Masquerade, Bassey & Company, Things Fall Apart, Cock Crow at Dawn, Jaguar Nana etc are better left in the past so we can cherish the good memories we have of them.

I enjoyed all these programmes on TV back in the 90's but me watch them now?. . .MBA o
!

felt the same way when I watched Samanja recently. The picture quality & acting skills of its characters are now archaic. Things like this are better left for the past & lets cherish their memories.
Re: The Village Headmaster Returns To TV by ijebabe: 2:01pm On Jan 19, 2013
semid4lyfe: Bad idea. . .what is it returning for? undecided

TV programming have evolved beyond Dramas like The Village Headmaster. As much as I enjoyed and liked it then, I won't be watching this re-boot/re-run even with the new episodes.

!

Yeah it's very risky but I'm curious to see what they come back with. Not every TV show should reflect our current state or lifestlye, other countries still produce TV shows set in different times so why should this be any different? Why are they better left in the past? Shouldn't the later generation watch/enjoy what TV was like in the 80s and 90s and also judge the extent of growth in the entertainment industry?

In fact just remain a robot and stop commenting jor tonguetongue
Re: The Village Headmaster Returns To TV by JideTheBlogger(m): 2:01pm On Jan 19, 2013
Can't wait....
Re: The Village Headmaster Returns To TV by ijebabe: 2:03pm On Jan 19, 2013
I wonder if there will be a remake of Zebrudaya grin
Re: The Village Headmaster Returns To TV by naptu2: 2:04pm On Jan 19, 2013
It just might work, depending on how they adapt it.

I watched the original Village Headmaster (1970s & '80s) and it was a huge hit. When the New Village Headmaster started in the mid-1980s people thought that it would flop. They compared it to the original show.

However, by 1989 the show had been modernised (the introduction of Oloja's son, etc) and it became a huge hit again.

(I can't find episodes of the original Village Headmaster on youtube, just an audio recording, but there are lots of episodes of New Village Headmaster).

naptu2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQVAnZ7OLm4

2 Likes

Re: The Village Headmaster Returns To TV by naptu2: 2:19pm On Jan 19, 2013
Let me see if I can remember the cast (I'll list them together, cos it would be difficult differentiating between the original and the new village headmaster).

Dejumo Lewis (Kabiyesi, The Oloja of Oja), Elsie Olusola (Sisi Clara), Ibidun Allison (Amebo), Jab Adu (Bassey Okon), Roseline Birch (Fathia Okon), Wole Amele (Councillor Balogun), Funso Adeolu (Chief Eleyinmi), (Gorimapa), Jimmy Johnson (Okoro), (Boniface), Toun Oni (Eleyinmi's wife), (Teacher Ogene), (Teacher Garuba), (Laraba), (Doyin), (Councillor Bamishe), (The Prince), etc.

Produced by either Segun Olusola or Dejumo Lewis.

Created by Segun Olusola.

1 Like

Re: The Village Headmaster Returns To TV by CHIMSKY(m): 2:34pm On Jan 19, 2013
[quote author=semid4lyfe]Bad idea. . .what is it returning for? undecided

!

Meanwhile Suits Season 2 is back. . .anyone watching? wink [/quote
I hate it when people like you talk like this.Village headmaster is for the archives abi?Yet if MNet packages reruns of Hawaii 5-0, you will see nothing wrong
Re: The Village Headmaster Returns To TV by CHIMSKY(m): 2:35pm On Jan 19, 2013
[quote author=semid4lyfe]Bad idea. . .what is it returning for? undecided

!

Meanwhile Suits Season 2 is back. . .anyone watching? wink [/quote
I hate it when people like you talk like this.Village headmaster is for the archives abi?Yet if MNet or MM packages reruns of Hawaii 5-0, you will see nothing wrong with it!

1 Like

Re: The Village Headmaster Returns To TV by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jan 19, 2013
Why?
Re: The Village Headmaster Returns To TV by semid4lyfe(m): 3:04pm On Jan 19, 2013
ijebabe:
Yeah it's very risky but I'm curious to see what they come back with. Not every TV show should reflect our current state or lifestlye, other countries still produce TV shows set in different times so why should this be any different? Why are they better left in the past? Shouldn't the later generation watch/enjoy what TV was like in the 80s and 90s and also judge the extent of growth in the entertainment industry?

Which later generation? This sophisticated but fast-paced, impatient, short-attention span generation with their high-tech gadgets, internet, instant-chat, SMS lingo etc that doesn't read and is so easily bored? Biko, talk something else jare. . .

The programme will be like punishment to them grin. The only peeps who'll stand the programme for even 5 minutes are people who watched it growing up/in the past and they'll be doing so for purely sentimental reasons.

ijebabe:
In fact just remain a robot and stop commenting jor tonguetongue

You're sure this is what you really want? I ask cos I could very easily grant your request. . . wink
Re: The Village Headmaster Returns To TV by semid4lyfe(m): 3:33pm On Jan 19, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: felt the same way when I watched Samanja recently. The picture quality & acting skills of its characters are now archaic. Things like this are better left for the past & lets cherish their memories.

Very true!

I saw an episode of Some Mothers Do Have 'Em not too long ago and I was so irritated by Frank Spencer's stupidity and I was like WTF!

You wouldn't believe this programme cracked me up so much back then and I absolutely loved it but then I realised what the problem was - 1. comedy has evolved from "acting stupid" to "talking funny". . .u know saying something with a funny punchline and 2. I'm more mature, better exposed and I've gotten more critical over the years.

1 Like

Re: The Village Headmaster Returns To TV by ijebabe: 3:50pm On Jan 19, 2013
semid4lyfe:

Which later generation? This sophisticated but fast-paced, impatient, short-attention span generation with their high-tech gadgets, internet, instant-chat, SMS lingo etc that doesn't read and is so easily bored? Biko, talk something else jare. . .

The programme will be like punishment to them grin. The only peeps who'll stand the programme for even 5 minutes are people who watched it growing up/in the past and they'll be doing so for purely sentimental reasons.

We haven't even seen the trailer yet and you are tossing it to the garbage. I am sure there are younger people that will be interested to watch it and still be themselves. 21st century can accommodate the show or aren't there still villages in Nigeria again?

You're sure this is what you really want? I ask cos I could very easily grant your request. . . wink
You are wicked! You know that's not what I want angry

1 Like

Re: The Village Headmaster Returns To TV by ijebabe: 4:02pm On Jan 19, 2013
semid4lyfe:

Very true!

I saw an episode of Some Mothers Do Have 'Em not too long ago and I was so irritated by Frank Spencer's stupidity and I was like WTF!

You wouldn't believe this programme cracked me up so much back then and I absolutely loved it but then I realised what the problem was - 1. comedy has evolved from "acting stupidly" to "talking funny". . .u know saying something with a funny punchline and 2. I more matured, better exposed and I've gotten more critical over the years.
I felt the same way watching Doctor Who recently but not all remakes are bad. Everyone was negative about the remake of 90210 but after the first season people starting rating it a very good show. I don't have time to follow up shows that much though, I stick with my favourites.

1 Like

Re: The Village Headmaster Returns To TV by OkikiOluwa1(m): 4:49pm On Jan 19, 2013
semid4lyfe:

Very true!

You wouldn't believe this programme cracked me up so much back then and I absolutely loved it but then I realised what the problem was - 1. comedy has evolved from "acting stupidly" to "talking funny". . .u know saying something with a funny punchline and 2. I more matured, better exposed and I've gotten more critical over the years.
another point there. I v grown more matured & more critical. Some errors that I didn't notice then is now noticed & it makes the production really stupid.
Make I go watch AFCON jare.
Re: The Village Headmaster Returns To TV by SELFWORTH: 5:04pm On Jan 19, 2013
I think its a brilliant idea.

I don't know of any producer who is targeting his program to everybody. It may appeal and may not appeal but it will also pick up some new fan base.

One mans meat is another mans poison.
Re: The Village Headmaster Returns To TV by logica(m): 5:09pm On Jan 19, 2013
This can be compared to the remake of "Dr Who" or "Miami Vice". And quite like so many movie remakes we are currently witnessing (e.g "Total Recall", "Exorcist", etc, etc) As you said, times have changed; so I expect the script to change a bit too (more edgy, etc).

1 Like

Re: The Village Headmaster Returns To TV by Anaphylaxis(m): 6:46pm On Jan 19, 2013
@ Chimsky . "Rooster crow at dawn " ? I used to think it was cock crow. Any way I get your point.
Re: The Village Headmaster Returns To TV by Anaphylaxis(m): 6:50pm On Jan 19, 2013
@ Chimsky . Thought it was cockcrow @ dawn.
Re: The Village Headmaster Returns To TV by sdbaba: 7:43pm On Jan 19, 2013
Old memories cool cool cool
Re: The Village Headmaster Returns To TV by naptu2: 7:49pm On Jan 19, 2013
Anaphylaxis: @ Chimsky . "Rooster crow at dawn " ? I used to think it was cock crow. Any way I get your point.

Anaphylaxis: @ Chimsky . Thought it was cockcrow @ dawn.

grin grin grin Nairaland word censor!

(1) (2) (Reply)

who watches India - A Love Story / I Need Help On How To Download Movies Online: / Which Actor or Actress Would You Rather Dine With?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.