Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,265 members, 7,815,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? (29475 Views)

Watch & Download Video Abubakar Shekau, Vows To Attack Emir Sanusi Of Kano / Shekau Vows To Attack Emir Sanusi Of Kano Over Self-Defense Advice / NEWS: Gun Men Attack Emir Of Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jan 19, 2013
Geewan:

Who is this person writing nonsense up and down?
I have one question for you: are you married?

God has buttered my bread
Do you want to come and marry me : kiss kiss
I am here waiting for you
I said it
This is my year

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by miiraaj: 10:20pm On Jan 19, 2013
babyosisi:

It is bright afternoon where I am sir
I never baff sef
Afternoon,u never baf nd u de nairaland. C wetin Seun cause.
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by zaragoza(m): 10:27pm On Jan 19, 2013
are people still living in kano?
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by nokia3310: 10:36pm On Jan 19, 2013
Some Christians are indeed Hippocrates, so just because the Emir survived the attack, you are now saying it was staged. What about the other ten people that died in the attack (majority of whom might likely be Muslims) are they less human than the christain worshipers of say Madala bomb blast. Why do some of you guys want the emir dead when we were all here last month condemning those celebrating Yakowa's death. Religion is a madness indeed, and you Christians are not very different from your Muslim Cousins for you're all birds of a feather. When something like this happen i expected people to remove sentiments from their minds for we are humans before being religious.

5 Likes

Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by miiraaj: 10:36pm On Jan 19, 2013
zaragoza: are people still living in kano?

No! Kano don become atlantic ocean. Akuya

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by olutunde12(m): 10:36pm On Jan 19, 2013
CAN? do u ppl knw shame at all? U stll get mouth to talk? We all knw who terrorists are all over d world. Boko Haram, Hesbola, Alqueda and Talliban etc etc. U cant name a Xtian based blood grp or name it here. We knw who Ibn Mustapha is d one u call Mohammed. How he came abt d religion called Mohammedanism or Islam. How d religion was spread in Asia, Middle East and northern africa. Read Gen. 16.12 The angel of God said Ishmael the son of slave Haggai the mother of Islam will a wild beast of man

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by sajawagu: 10:45pm On Jan 19, 2013
Sanusi wants to be emir at all cost
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by neksummi(m): 10:48pm On Jan 19, 2013
God save Nigeria.
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jan 19, 2013
gbosaa:

Im dissappointed.That car should,ve been scrapped more than 30 years ago.

He should be cruising in the latest bomb proof Bentley like that south west oba.

Shame on him,shame on sanusi whose photo im seeing hanging on the wall.

That' was exactly my thot when I saw it on the front page... even ordinary people go in convoy not to talk of Dignitary like Emir .. na wa o lipsrsealed I hope he recovers from the shock.
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by Geewan(m): 10:57pm On Jan 19, 2013
babyosisi:

God has buttered my bread
Do you want to come and marry me : kiss kiss
I am here waiting for you
I said it
This is my year

In that case, where is the nearest registry? But seriously you need to mind the kind of things you say. You're a lady for goodness sake!
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by kadree(m): 11:11pm On Jan 19, 2013
7842I:

There is a great difference between doubting a story and wishing that someone gets killed, stop insinuating.
N when has it gotten to dis point where u nid a magician to disclose d true meaning of words to u?dis is truly pathetic
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by ikaboy: 11:17pm On Jan 19, 2013
7842I: Nobody has explained how 10 members of a convoy can be killed and the target not killed? do we know if there are any survivors? are the emirs guards armed?

TRADO JUJU IN ACTION.
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by mrsough(m): 11:20pm On Jan 19, 2013
kopite: the emir has odeshi. verily verily i say unto you, he disappeared!!!!!!
Na so ma broda
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by dapachez: 11:45pm On Jan 19, 2013
7842I: Now wait a minute, has anybody noticed the enlarged picture of Sanusi of the CBN on the wall of the emir's house? no bi Jonathan suppose dey the wall?
Do you even know the emir? Look aty tyhe man in tyhe turban and you will know that is sanusi himself noty the emir.
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by Ikwerefistson: 12:31am On Jan 20, 2013
13volts: BREAKING NEWS: Reports of unknown gunmen have just attacked the Emir Of Kano's convoy at Masallacin Murtala Area of kano. Many of the Emir Palace Security Guards ( Dogarai ) are feared death. Emir is Safe!

source: http://premiumtimesng.com/news/115974-breaking-news-emir-of-kano-saved-in-attack-driver-orderly-killed.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=breaking-news-emir-of-kano-saved-in-attack-driver-orderly-killed
hausas una neva see anytn.d odar tyme na emir of gombe jump fence enta bush wen boko boys paid hm sm islamic visit.nxt na sheun of bornu hm disapear enta toilet,nw na bayero d nxt go be sultan nd buhari dat dy bluetoth go fail dm
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by Hadone(m): 1:02am On Jan 20, 2013
nokia3310: Some Christians are indeed Hippocrates, so just because the Emir survived the attack, you are now saying it was staged. What about the other ten people that died in the attack (majority of whom might likely be Muslims) are they less human than the christain worshipers of say Madala bomb blast. Why do some of you guys want the emir dead when we were all here last month condemning those celebrating Yakowa's death. Religion is a madness indeed, and you Christians are not very different from your Muslim Cousins for you're all birds of a feather. When something like this happen i expected people to remove sentiments from their minds for we are humans before being religious.

WITH ALL YOUR MODESTY MR NOKIA3310; BLACK&WHITE SCREEN, NO MEMORY CARD, NO CAMERA, NO BLUETOOTH, BUT YET YOU'RE DISPLAYING WHAT IPAD AND GALAXY OF NOWADAYS COULD NOT DO IN ANYWAY...

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by Shalome(m): 1:42am On Jan 20, 2013
The world coulda been a better place without islam...the term islamist is now synonymous with bloodshed,terror,fear and hostage taking
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by bashydemy(m): 2:46am On Jan 20, 2013
Shalomé: The world coulda been a better place without islam...the term islamist is now synonymous with bloodshed,terror,fear and hostage taking
Are you alright at all?

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by kabba7(m): 3:56am On Jan 20, 2013
one thing i have come to understand is whenever the SS S make those thier responsible claims BH will immediately respond in form of retaliation just yesterday they the sss where celebrating a bogus arrest of jaji bombers in less than 24hours 2 devastating attacks in Kano and Okene!
When will Nigerians learn ?
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by naptu2: 4:27am On Jan 20, 2013
[size=14pt]Gunmen attack Emir of Kano, kill driver, three guards.[/size]
January 20, 2013 by AKINWALE ABOLUWADE with agency reports ⁠4 Comments

Unknown gunmen on Saturday threw an Improvised Explosive Device at the convoy of the Emir of Kano, Ado Bayero, and then shot at his official vehicle, killing his driver and three of his guards on Saturday morning.

The attack took place near the Hockey Field on Zoo Road by Total Gasoline station when the Emir was returning from the inauguration of an Islamic school at Mussalaci Murtala.

The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the Emir was unhurt in the attack and was moved to an undisclosed location.

Some residents in the area said men of the Joint Task Force later got to the scene of the attack and shot sporadically.

JTF spokesperson in Kano, Captain Ikedichi Iweha, said he was still trying to get the full details of the attack for him to release an official incident report.

However, Kano State Governor, Rabiu Kwankwaso, confirmed that four people died during the attack.

Meanwhile, the Deputy Chairman, National Union of Road Transport Workers in Oyo State, Mr. Kamorudeen Beyioku, died on Saturday while receiving treatment at the University College Hospital, Ibadan.

Beyioku was shot earlier in the week by unknown gunmen.

http://www.punchng.com/news/gunmen-attack-emir-of-kano-kill-driver-three-guards/
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by naptu2: 4:30am On Jan 20, 2013
[size=14pt]Nigeria: Gunmen attack Kano emir's convoy.[/size]

19 January 2013 Last updated at 16:51

The emir is revered in Nigeria - he met President Goodluck Jonathan after bombs in Kano a year ago.

Nigeria gunmen have attacked the convoy of the prominent religious leader, the Emir of Kano.

The emir survived, but his driver and two guards were killed.

No-one has admitted the attack, but suspicion is bound to fall on the militant group Boko Haram, which has previously killed Muslim clerics.

The emir is highly revered by Muslims and the attacks have caused shock in northern Nigeria, says the BBC's Lagos correspondent, Will Ross.

Men on motorbikes and in a car opened fire on the emir's convoy as he was returning from a ceremony at a mosque.

"There was an unfortunate incident today. The emir's convoy was attacked by unknown gunmen as he was returning from Koranic graduation ceremony in Kano city, Kano state governor Musa Rabiu Kwankwaso told AFP news agency.

"Three people in his convoy were killed but the Emir is unhurt," he said.

Boko Haram gunmen have killed Muslim clerics before, including those who have spoken out against the group's campaign of violence, says our correspondent.

Emir al-Haji Ado Bayero - who is in his 80s - has been on the throne for almost 50 years and has been careful not to openly denounce the activities of the Islamist militants, he says.

Over the past two years, violence in northern Nigeria has escalated.

Boko Haram is fighting to overthrow the government and create an Islamic state.

The group has admitted being behind a number of attacks against churches and other establishments since 2009.

More than 600 people were killed last year in attacks blamed on it.

Human rights groups say that more than 3,000 people have been killed by Boko Haram since 2010.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-21103322
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by obi2012: 4:36am On Jan 20, 2013
the guy don use talisman disappear sharp sharp... How did everyone in the car get shot and the main target escaped unharmed? Once he heard the first bullet, he said guys good luck.. see you at home.. grin
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by naptu2: 4:46am On Jan 20, 2013
Well, some said the same thing about Marion "Suge" Knight, although nobody accused him of using "juju".
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by waja(m): 5:32am On Jan 20, 2013
Business begins as condolence begins. GEJ first before Sanusi.
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by lumeneng22: 6:03am On Jan 20, 2013
chuks49: Boko Haram must have very strong presence in Kano for them to be carrying out these kind of operation without hindrance.
.Is it only kano? What of kaduna, maiduguri, jos, yobe, minna etc. They now operate in the air land and sea.
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by Ishilove: 6:18am On Jan 20, 2013
nokia3310: Some Christians are indeed Hippocrates,
Err...it is 'hypocrite', not HIPPOCRATES. Hippocrates was the father of modern medicine (I think).
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by Yazmin: 6:19am On Jan 20, 2013
7842I: Now wait a minute, has anybody noticed the enlarged picture of Sanusi of the CBN on the wall of the emir's house? no bi Jonathan suppose dey the wall?

Does anyone notice that the individual in the picture isn't the emir and the room in question isn't part of his palace.....Mark you!; that Is not the emir and that isn't his palace either.
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by Yazmin: 6:26am On Jan 20, 2013
babyosisi:

[size=18pt]Please can somebody tell me how gunmen would kill 10 in a convoy including Emir's driver and orderly and the emir escapes unhurt?
It almost looks like there is a deliberate attempt by some quarters to launder the image of Boko Haram from a group targeting Christians to a group targeting all Nigerians[/size]
I am not deceived
Or perhaps the emir is no longer co operating and this was his warning

May the family of the dead be consoled,this was not an ordinary attack,people should shine their eyes and read between the lines
Boko haram never bombs mosques just people around a mosque,2 or 3 but they bomb a church 150 die

Ewu gambia! Nostradamus would wake up from his grave and tell you how. Tufiakwa!!!, some people's brains needs serious upgrading! Senseless bigot!!to be continued jare.....

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by Nobody: 6:29am On Jan 20, 2013
Ishilove:
Err...it is 'hypocrite', not HIPPOCRATES. Hippocrates was the father of modern medicine (I think).
babe please mail me that your former profile picture that has to do with not sleeping in church. i love it cheesy
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by Yazmin: 6:36am On Jan 20, 2013
naptu2: Typical emir's bodyguards (dogari).

These are the dogari of the Emir of Zazzau (Zaria).

Knights of st. Zarialot; from left to right ; sir bako, sir barde and sir gambo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by Nobody: 6:36am On Jan 20, 2013
Shalomé: The world coulda been a better place without islam...the term islamist is now synonymous with bloodshed,terror,fear and hostage taking

The world would be a better place without religion and not just Islam.
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by naptu2: 6:50am On Jan 20, 2013
Yazmin:

Knights of st. Zarialot; from left to right ; sir bako, sir barde and sir gambo

grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Akpo Bomba Yeeh Decamps To PDP, Dumps APC / Jegede’s Supporters Await Results In Akure / Lagos Residents Recount Experiences On President’s Visit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.