Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,218 members, 7,815,257 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? (29474 Views)

Watch & Download Video Abubakar Shekau, Vows To Attack Emir Sanusi Of Kano / Shekau Vows To Attack Emir Sanusi Of Kano Over Self-Defense Advice / NEWS: Gun Men Attack Emir Of Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by Nobody: 6:53am On Jan 20, 2013
7842I: Now wait a minute, has anybody noticed the enlarged picture of Sanusi of the CBN on the wall of the emir's house? no bi Jonathan suppose dey the wall?

That is the CBN Governor's office and that man in the pix is SLS and not the Emir
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by naptu2: 6:55am On Jan 20, 2013
Yazmin:

Does anyone notice that the individual in the picture isn't the emir and the room in question isn't part of his palace.....Mark you!; that Is not the emir and that isn't his palace either.

That's Sanusi Lamido Sanusi (the CBN Governor) when he was turbanned as the Dan-Majen Kano. He was receiving guests.

The mischievous poster was insinuating that Sanusi, whose grandfather was Emir of Kano (Muhammad Sanusi. Ruled 1954-1963), was behind the attack on Ado Bayero, so that he can become emir.
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by naptu2: 6:57am On Jan 20, 2013
Ishilove:
Err...it is 'hypocrite', not HIPPOCRATES. Hippocrates was the father of modern medicine (I think).

Yes he was.
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by naptu2: 6:58am On Jan 20, 2013
Yazmin:

Ewu gambia! Nostradamus would wake up from his grave and tell you how. Tufiakwa!!!, some people's brains needs serious upgrading! Senseless bigot!!to be continued jare.....

+100
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by fxskye: 7:02am On Jan 20, 2013
[quote
author=Shalomé]The world coulda been a better place without islam...the
term islamist is now synonymous with bloodshed,terror,fear and hostage
taking[/quote]
But it is not possible 4 u to make it happen. Do giv it a trial.
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by Ishilove: 7:21am On Jan 20, 2013
Wow, so the emir survived unscathed?? The man has some gaangster odieshi, I'll give him that. You can't be a ruler in these perilious times without 'cooking' yourself.
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by Ishilove: 7:24am On Jan 20, 2013
Aggrippa: babe please mail me that your former profile picture that has to do with not sleeping in church. i love it cheesy
lol. Okay PM me your mail addy
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by klas(m): 7:29am On Jan 20, 2013
[size=18pt]Why emir of kano was target of terrorists[/size]

Yesterday’s convoy attack would not go down in history as the first time attempts would be made on the life of the Emir of Kano, Alhaji Ado Bayero. But for providence, the Emir would have been killed as far back as the 9th day of July, 2010.

On that fateful Friday, the traditional ruler narrowly escaped being killed by a lone gunman who attempted to shoot him during the Muslim Juma’at prayer in Kano at the palace mosque.

The suspect, 19 year-old Usman Abubakar, who lived in the Doraji Quarters in Kano Metropolis, was stopped by the police before he could carry out the dastardly act. One Alhaji Abubakar Batakayen who Abubakar said sent him on the errand to kill the Emir, was also arrested.

Although Batakaye denied ordering Abubakar to murder the Emir, the duo was charged with attempted murder, and they were still standing trial when Abubakar, the lone gunman, died in detention after suffering from an undisclosed ailment.

The Emir was once again targeted for violent attack shortly after President Goodluck Jonathan was declared the winner of the 2011 presidential elections ahead of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC’s), General Muhammadu Buhari.

A band of rampaging youths, under the guise of protesting the result of the election, set ablaze vehicles parked at the Emir’s palace and also attempted to forcefully gain entry into the Emir’s palace.

It took the swift intervention of the Police to curb the attack. The Emir, who was reported to be within the premises at the time, was whisked to safety while hundreds of policemen stood guard at the palace for days after the incident.

The respected traditional ruler was again to be threatened with attack on the 28th of July, 2011 when the dreaded Islamic Sect, Boko Haram, wrote to inform him of their intention to attack the palace and the city of Kano.

The sect on the same day warned the Kano State Governor, Rabiu Kwankwaso, that it was prepared to launch a series of attacks across the state. The letters were signed by the sect’s assistant spokesperson, Abu Zaid. [The attack was eventually carried out on January 20, 2012 in which over 300 people died]

The sect accused Bayero of conniving with security agents and some district heads to arrest its members. They demanded the immediate release of their arrested men and threatened to make Kano State more ungovernable than Maiduguri the Borno State capital.

As if to make good its threat the sect attacked the Mandawari Police Station located by Ado Bayero’s Palace, weeks after their letter. Several police officers on duty were injured as gunmen fired sporadically at the building for nearly an hour that Monday morning.

Police reinforcement later foiled what many said was an attempt to invade the palace as the gunmen who also used explosives during the attack, were beaten back by the superior firepower of the police. No one was arrested at the scene of the attack.

Following alleged security report that assassins may once again be after his life, Ado Bayero, according to reports, was forced to cancel the 2012 edition of the 700 year old annual Durbar ceremony.

It was the first time the Sallah Durbah would be cancelled in its history. Sources close to the Emirate disclosed that asides the security report, the suspension of the Durbar activities was also because of the prevailing security situation in the state.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news/a-monarchs-many-brushes-with-death/
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by naptu2: 7:33am On Jan 20, 2013
At 11:15pm, a white cadillac pulled up beside the BMW, the occupants rolled down the window and fired several shots at Tupac Shakur. He was hit in the chest, pelvis, and his right hand and thigh. One of the rounds went into Shakur's right lung. Marion "Suge" Knight was only grazed by a bullet.
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by naptu2: 7:41am On Jan 20, 2013
In 1995 President Hosni Mubarak arrived Addis Ababa, Ethiopia for an African Union summit. On his way from the airport to his hotel, his motorcade was attacked by islamists militants. I saw the footage.

Bullets penetrated the bullet proof glass and lodged in the seat of the limousine. However, President Mubarak was unhurt. His bodyguards fired back and the limo made a u-turn and headed back to the airport.
http://articles.latimes.com/1995-06-27/news/mn-17703_1_president-mubarak

Professor Dora Akunyili's motorcade was attacked by gunmen. A bullet knocked the scarf off her head. She did not die, neither was she injured. However, a commercial bus driver, whose vehicle was nearby, was killed.
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by Yazmin: 8:03am On Jan 20, 2013
3kay945: I think the emir is not yet on their kill list. How did he escaped were the gun men overpower by the emir guards or police
Well, the emir might be damnn luck sha

Gbagaun!!!! Your name na 3kay945....buh ur english ehn....na AK47, infact na AK1000!!!!!! Choi choi choi, I laff in mandarin...
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by Yazmin: 8:19am On Jan 20, 2013
olutunde12: CAN? do u ppl knw shame at all? U stll get mouth to talk? We all knw who terrorists are all over d world. Boko Haram, Hesbola, Alqueda and Talliban etc etc. U cant name a Xtian based blood grp or name it here. We knw who Ibn Mustapha is d one u call Mohammed. How he came abt d religion called Mohammedanism or Islam. How d religion was spread in Asia, Middle East and northern africa. Read Gen. 16.12 The angel of God said Ishmael the son of slave Haggai the mother of Islam will a wild beast of man

FARC, LRA, basque....oooops, lest I forget; IRA....christianity was spread peacefully, coming with d holy book taking slaves under dehumanising conditions to the west(pardon my analogy,the slave traders were muslims o, not 'peaceful christians'). visit badagry$some coastal towns in nigeria $ ghana for more information to show how caring our slave 'christian' masters where to their captives(oh sorry d slave masters were sent by the king of saudi arabia on the recommendation of the queen of england,who was a muslim @ dat time....id*ot!). The crusade was also a muslim war I guess, where rose flowers were exchanged for white doves $ cookies for candies(only that the candies were made out of slaughtered human blood, in the guise of spreading the gospel)....the list is endless as to the tactics used by the xtian preachers/missionaries/terrorists/ in spreading the religion....just go through history to see how bloody xtianity was passed over the years....you'd clean the bloodier stain on your doorstep b4 looking @ your neighbours'

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by sdymanagers(m): 8:26am On Jan 20, 2013
Now who is safe in Nigeria?
13volts: BREAKING NEWS: Reports of unknown gunmen have just attacked the Emir Of Kano's convoy at Masallacin Murtala Area of kano. Many of the Emir Palace Security Guards ( Dogarai ) are feared death. Emir is Safe!

source: http://premiumtimesng.com/news/115974-breaking-news-emir-of-kano-saved-in-attack-driver-orderly-killed.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=breaking-news-emir-of-kano-saved-in-attack-driver-orderly-killed
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by Jalal(m): 9:29am On Jan 20, 2013
odikwa crious!
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by olutunde12(m): 9:47am On Jan 20, 2013
Yazmin I appr. ur post bco u addressed issues and not persons. I like it. I am a trainned Church historian. I do not need to read it now. Ur list all sum up into Coloninism and not evangelism. The col. masters, the slave traders were not envgelsts. They wanted afrcan money and resources d misnries did not kill ppl or fo . U also mensioned what we call 'Pope's wars of conquest' in d dark ages. They did not prech Christ they only wanted nations dat would pay tax to d Pope. Once again I appr. ur pos
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by naptu2: 9:50am On Jan 20, 2013
olutunde12: Yazmin I appr. ur post bco u addressed issues and not persons. I like it. I am a trainned Church historian. I do not need to read it now. Ur list all sum up into Coloninism and not evangelism. The col. masters, the slave traders were not envgelsts. They wanted afrcan money and resources d misnries did not kill ppl or fo . U also mensioned what we call 'Pope's wars of conquest' in d dark ages. They did not prech Christ they only wanted nations dat would pay tax to d Pope. Once again I appr. ur pos

6 of one and half a dozen of the other.

The rallying cry behind the crusades was that the Holy Lands should not be in the hands of muslims (read Pope Urban's speech). They wanted to "win back the Holy Lands for Christ".

Now some would say that was a christian war, while others would say it wasn't (you can't kill for Christ).

In Ireland, some say they are fighting catholics, so that Northern Ireland would be a protestant country, while others say they are doing the opposite. Again, some would say that's a christian war, while others would say it isn't.

In Uganda, the Lord's Resistance Movement was formed to ensure that Uganda was governed by the Ten Commandments, same as the Holy Spirit Movement. Again, some would say it's a christian war, while others would say it isn't.

Similarly, the islamists militants say they are fighting to establish sharia law and the global islamic caliphate. Some would say it's an islamic movement, while others would say it's political (fascism).

Similarly, some see Rev King and Jim Jones as christian leaders, while others would say that they are not. Some may see Osama Bin Ladin and Abubakar Shekau as muslim leaders, while others would say they aren't.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by aryzgreat: 9:55am On Jan 20, 2013
haxan919:

CHURCH AND MOSQUE did they sound the same for your ear...ar you a learner...ALLAH WILL ALWAYS GUIDE HIS PEOPLE....sign of true religion

unfortunately allah did not save d emir guards who are also muslims but juju saved d emir!mudafuker! keep delluding urself! d baby dat say his mother will not sleep will not also sleep!
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by juman(m): 9:57am On Jan 20, 2013
Hiss
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by naptu2: 10:02am On Jan 20, 2013
olutunde12: Yazmin I appr. ur post bco u addressed issues and not persons. I like it. I am a trainned Church historian. I do not need to read it now. Ur list all sum up into Coloninism and not evangelism. The col. masters, the slave traders were not envgelsts. They wanted afrcan money and resources d misnries did not kill ppl or fo . U also mensioned what we call 'Pope's wars of conquest' in d dark ages. They did not prech Christ they only wanted nations dat would pay tax to d Pope. Once again I appr. ur pos

The rallying cry behind the crusades was that the Holy Lands should not be in the hands of muslims (read Pope Urban's speech). They wanted to "win back the Holy Lands for Christ".

Now some would say that was a christian war, while others would say it wasn't (you can't kill for Christ).

In Ireland, some say they are fighting catholics, so that Northern Ireland would be a protestant country, while others say they are doing the opposite. Again, some would say that's a christian war, while others would say it isn't.

In Uganda, the Lord's Resistance Movement was formed to ensure that Uganda was governed by the Ten Commandments, same as the Holy Spirit Movement. Again, some would say it's a christian war, while others would say it isn't.

Similarly, the islamists militants say they are fighting to establish sharia law and the global islamic caliphate. Some would say it's an islamic movement, while others would say it's political (fascism).

Similarly, some see Rev King and Jim Jones as christian leaders, while others would say that they are not. Some may see Osama Bin Ladin and Abubakar Shekau as muslim leaders, while others would say they aren't.
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by bashydemy(m): 10:35am On Jan 20, 2013
This thread is getting more interesting, I think its has been changed to Religious argument @olutunde12,Yazmin and Naptu2 keep em coming
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by miiraaj: 10:36am On Jan 20, 2013
Yazmin:

FARC, LRA, basque....oooops, lest I forget; IRA....christianity was spread peacefully, coming with d holy book taking slaves under dehumanising conditions to the west(pardon my analogy,the slave traders were muslims o, not 'peaceful christians'). visit badagry$some coastal towns in nigeria $ ghana for more information to show how caring our slave 'christian' masters where to their captives(oh sorry d slave masters were sent by the king of saudi arabia on the recommendation of the queen of england,who was a muslim @ dat time....id*ot!). The crusade was also a muslim war I guess, where rose flowers were exchanged for white doves $ cookies for candies(only that the candies were made out of slaughtered human blood, in the guise of spreading the gospel)....the list is endless as to the tactics used by the xtian preachers/missionaries/terrorists/ in spreading the religion....just go through history to see how bloody xtianity was passed over the years....you'd clean the bloodier stain on your doorstep b4 looking @ your neighbours'
Hehehe! The problem is that you are talking yo the Nigerian christian who knows nothing except singing in church and the lies fed to him by his pastor. They know nothing about their religion.
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by bashydemy(m): 11:06am On Jan 20, 2013
miiraaj:
Hehehe! The problem is that you are talking yo the Nigerian christian who knows nothing except singing in church and the lies fed to him by his pastor. They know nothing about their religion.
Noted jare keep em coming, I have been through this with the xtians, They seem not to understand there religion than to sing and listen to the lies that will enable them drop there last penny
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by topmostg: 11:07am On Jan 20, 2013
Ishilove: Wow, so the emir survived unscathed?? The man has some gaangster odieshi, I'll give him that. You can't be a ruler in these perilious times without 'cooking' yourself.
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by topmostg: 11:10am On Jan 20, 2013
Ishilove: Wow, so the emir survived unscathed?? The man has some gaangster odieshi, I'll give him that. You can't be a ruler in these perilious times without 'cooking' yourself.
that's the ish, man. I'd also give him that. Even ordinary individuals like me get jazz talkless of a whole emir. The man is fortified to the core........

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by tintingz(m): 11:23am On Jan 20, 2013
naptu2:

WORD! i love this grin
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by Ishilove: 1:32pm On Jan 20, 2013
topmostg: that's the ish, man. I'd also give him that. Even ordinary individuals like me get jazz talkless of a whole emir. The man is fortified to the core........
You don talk am finish.
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by yasaa(m): 2:12pm On Jan 20, 2013
***EXPOSED***
Following yesterdays attack on the emir of Kano, Alhaji Ado Bayero, intelligence gathering reveal that the attack was carried on by members of an Underground Movement: CHILDREN OF THE DEAD- a group of sons and daughters of the soldiers who had died during the Civil War. This group are strongly believe to be the ones behind the bombings in Nothern Nigeria.
This is not a theory and the brutal killing of General Shuwa the Civil war veteran is no doubt a strong evidence.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by justthinking: 3:45pm On Jan 20, 2013
sumtims wen i read about how nigerians fight themself on nairaland. whether muslim vs christian, north vs south, pdp vs acn, igbo vs yoruba e.t.c. i actaully ask myself does this country really worth living or does it really worth fighting for. and every time my answer is NO. how i wish tins can change
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jan 20, 2013
A child who says his mother shall not sleep,sleep shall elude him too
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by ak47mann(m): 4:33pm On Jan 20, 2013
Harvest must come and the wicked must taste their own blood cool
Re: Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy? by trenchcoat: 4:44pm On Jan 20, 2013
GEJ and his allies trying every means to destroy the north hiding under the umbrella of boko boys, we know all about the conspiracy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ekiti Court Remands Moyinoluwa Olowoyo For EndSARS Protest. Sowore Reacts / Akpo Bomba Yeeh Decamps To PDP, Dumps APC / Jegede’s Supporters Await Results In Akure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.