Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,245 members, 7,836,168 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

If You Were God, What Would You Like To Change On Earth?. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If You Were God, What Would You Like To Change On Earth?. (3056 Views)

If I Were God. / Famous People Who Mocked God & What Happened To Them! A Must Read / What If Men Were God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Were God, What Would You Like To Change On Earth?. by smartg(m): 4:32pm On Jan 19, 2013
Some times i wonder why God allow some things to happen and why he choose to do certain things. That is what brought this thought into my mind. ''If i were God, what are those things i will not like to do?''. Though i can't challenge or blame God.
As for me, i will stop visiting the sins of the parents upon the children. That means everybody will live and face the consequence of whatever they do on earth, and not their children.
Re: If You Were God, What Would You Like To Change On Earth?. by Chuksxp: 11:03pm On Jan 19, 2013
smartg :
Some times i wonder why God allow some things to happen and why he choose to do certain things. That is what brought this thought into my mind. ''If i were God, what are those things i will not like to do?''. Though i can't challenge or blame God.
As for me, i will stop visiting the sins of the parents upon the children. That means everybody will live and face the consequence of whatever they do on earth, and not their children.

I understand how you feel, but believe me, the earth is just perfect as it is right now. If anything moved an inch to the left or right, total chaos would be the result. Remember God works ALL things for the good of those who love Him and are called according to purpose.
Re: If You Were God, What Would You Like To Change On Earth?. by okeyxyz(m): 9:31am On Jan 20, 2013
Chuksxp:
I understand how you feel, but believe me, the earth is just perfect as it is right now. If anything moved an inch to the left or right, total chaos would be the result. Remember God works ALL things for the good of those who love Him and are called according to purpose.

While I understand the sentiments you are expressing, I must say to you that it is misleading. The earth is not perfect the way it is. It has been imperfect since the fall of man,
Then to Adam He said, "Because you have listened to the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree about which I commanded you, saying, 'You shall not eat from it'; Cursed is the ground because of you; In toil you will eat of it All the days of your life(Genesis 3:17).

(Of course I assume you are christian) That's why we have sicknesses, famines, disasters, wars and death. It will become perfect again when all power is restored back to god.

2 Likes

Re: If You Were God, What Would You Like To Change On Earth?. by okeyxyz(m): 9:34am On Jan 20, 2013
@OP,

Unless you have the mindset of god, then you have absolutely no way to contemplate his principles and judgments. "Visiting the sins of the father upon the sons" simply means that you will suffer the consequences and failings of the law(the law of sin and death) you follow. Spiritually, your father is that principle you follow.
Re: If You Were God, What Would You Like To Change On Earth?. by justaqad(m): 9:56am On Jan 20, 2013
okeyxyz:
It will become perfect again when all power is restored back to god.

Very funny...who de drag power with God na?hehehehehehehehehe
Re: If You Were God, What Would You Like To Change On Earth?. by Chuksxp: 9:41am On Jan 21, 2013
okeyxyz:

While I understand the sentiments you are expressing, I must say to you that it is misleading. The earth is not perfect the way it is. It has been imperfect since the fall of man,
Then to Adam He said, "Because you have listened to the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree about which I commanded you, saying, 'You shall not eat from it'; Cursed is the ground because of you; In toil you will eat of it All the days of your life(Genesis 3:17).

(Of course I assume you are christian) That's why we have sicknesses, famines, disasters, wars and death. It will become perfect again when all power is restored back to god.

I think I could have done better in the way I presented my thoughts. Yes, the earth is not perfect. But my point is, God is still in control. His perfect plan of restoring the earth is in progress. It's a process, not something that happens in an instant. Thus, everything is in order. God is still sovereign. Many times, with our finite knowledge, we think God should do this or that. But c'mon, what do you know that an infinite God doesn't know?
Re: If You Were God, What Would You Like To Change On Earth?. by UyiIredia(m): 7:16pm On Jan 21, 2013
I would erase suffering and death.

1 Like

Re: If You Were God, What Would You Like To Change On Earth?. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:34pm On Jan 21, 2013
Chuksxp:

The Earth is not Perfect, in FACT it is far from Perfect, the Earth is in a state of Chaos.. Natural disasters occur every other day, because sometimes it occurs where humans inhabit, we call it a disaster.. what about deserted areas where this naturally occurring events take place? Now what you must understand is that a Perfect Creation is in itself Imperfect. it simply does not exist in absolutes. If God's very nature is presented in our human state, it is evidence that we are still Work-in-Progress, reasons for the constant failure of Human Nature to stay the right path grin
Re: If You Were God, What Would You Like To Change On Earth?. by Nobody: 8:00am On Jan 22, 2013
I'll change nothing! God knows best.
Re: If You Were God, What Would You Like To Change On Earth?. by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jan 22, 2013
i would change man's ability to sin.

1 Like

Re: If You Were God, What Would You Like To Change On Earth?. by Chuksxp: 2:00pm On Jan 22, 2013
Ghettoguru: I'll change nothing! God knows best.

LOL. Exactly! I belive that's what I've been trying to say but couldn't find the right word.
Re: If You Were God, What Would You Like To Change On Earth?. by smartg(m): 2:33pm On Apr 15, 2013
Ghettoguru: I'll change nothing! God knows best.
yes, God knows the best. But has it not occurred to you before, that something happened to you and you wish you could just turn the hands of the clock around?.
Re: If You Were God, What Would You Like To Change On Earth?. by ninja4life(m): 6:46pm On Apr 15, 2013
I will change people's attitude to politics and will erase religion also removing ability of man to sin and i will also remove suffering and social status
Re: If You Were God, What Would You Like To Change On Earth?. by wlex8(m): 11:17pm On Apr 15, 2013
smartg :

1st, I will always show up myself to mankind collectively every 10 years and remove all doubts about my existence

I will clearly communicate my wills to them and remove all ambiguities

I will disclose to them directly the reason why I created them and their purpose in this universe

My laws will be clearly understood by all men without the need for any interpreter, priest or imam

I will tell them in clear terms which religion I approve

Since I love mankind so much that I sent my only begotten son to them 2,000 years ago. I should be able to do any of the above so that many will not perish but inherit everlasting life
Re: If You Were God, What Would You Like To Change On Earth?. by Nobody: 10:21pm On Apr 16, 2013
If I was God,what I would change about the earth is birth defects.
I would make sure all the little ones are born with no defects that could hinder their development and acceptance in this world.
I know God has a reason 4 everything and He will perfect what he created.

(1) (Reply)

SEE What This Pastor Is Doing to Pregnant Women Inside Church / God Is Trinity, Man Is Trinity (We Were Created In That Image) / Testimony Of Heaven, The New Jerusalem, The Throne Of God, Audible Voice Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.