Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

"How Much Power Does Satan Possess?" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "How Much Power Does Satan Possess?" (1593 Views)

Where does Satan currently live? / Does Satan Really Exist? / Does Satan Really Eat With His Left Hand? And Other Quranic Discrepancies! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"How Much Power Does Satan Possess?" by rodeo0070(m): 10:47am On Jan 20, 2013
Good day to all. Please can someone shed more light on:

Satan’s power in the heavenly realm / spirit world.
Satan’s power on the earth.
Thank you.
Re: "How Much Power Does Satan Possess?" by advocate666: 1:20pm On Jan 20, 2013
Satan has ALL powers.
Re: "How Much Power Does Satan Possess?" by rodeo0070(m): 6:47pm On Jan 20, 2013
advocate666: Satan has ALL powers.
Ok. You make it sound as if God is one step away from him...
Re: "How Much Power Does Satan Possess?" by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jan 20, 2013
Good evening Rodeo,

I am quite curious to know why you are interested in knowing the extent of Satans powers. I am of the opinion that Christians should focus more on God and less on the evil one.

Anyways, it might interest you to know that God bestowed great powers on the Angel of light (now Satan) when God's grace was still with him. He disobeyed God and was banished but God never took away these powers.

So to answer your question, yes Satan has powers but these powers are subject to the divine will of God, as such it is impractical for the devil to exercise these powers without God allowing it.

Thank you!
Re: "How Much Power Does Satan Possess?" by truthislight: 9:31pm On Jan 20, 2013
striktlymi: Good evening Rodeo,

I am quite curious to know why you are interested in knowing the extent of Satans powers. I am of the opinion that Christians should focus more on God and less on the evil one.

Anyways, it might interest you to know that God bestowed great powers on the Angel of light (now Satan) when God's grace was still with him. He disobeyed God and was banished but God never took away these powers.

So to answer your question, yes Satan has powers but these powers are subject to the divine will of God, as such it is impractical for the devil to exercise these powers without God allowing it.

Thank you!

^^^

so, the Devil is not a freewill Agent?
Re: "How Much Power Does Satan Possess?" by rodeo0070(m): 9:51pm On Jan 20, 2013
striktlymi: Good evening Rodeo,

Thank you!
I'm not that curious but some bible passages do suggest he possesses some powers and even authority over some forces (Death, Pestilences, Misfortune etc), though subject to God's authority. I quite understand that he's the ruler of our world but pls I need more clarification...
Re: "How Much Power Does Satan Possess?" by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jan 20, 2013
truthislight:

^^^

so, the Devil is not a freewill Agent?

Good evening sir,

Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think I mentioned anything about the devil not having free will.
Re: "How Much Power Does Satan Possess?" by truthislight: 7:10am On Jan 21, 2013
striktlymi:

Good evening sir,

Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think I mentioned anything about the devil not having free will.

if satan's powers are subject to do the will of God then what happens to the will of satan?

Meaning that what satan does is the will of God.

striktlymi:
yes Satan has powers but these powers are subject to the divine will of God, as such it is impractical for the devil to exercise these powers without God allowing it.

if i was to express my own view, i will have said that God has higher power than satan.

(I think that satan is a freewill Agent.)

though, "God allowing it" means a different thing though.
Re: "How Much Power Does Satan Possess?" by Nobody: 10:13am On Jan 21, 2013
truthislight:

if satan's powers are subject to do the will of God then what happens to the will of satan?

Meaning that what satan does is the will of God.

if i was to express my own view, i will have said that God has higher power than satan.

(I think that satan is a freewill Agent.)

though, "God allowing it" means a different thing though.

Good morning sir,

Well said! I guess I used the wrong word to express my thoughts. Anyways, I meant exactly what you posted. Whatever is done by the devil is "allowed" by God.

Thanks for the correction.
Re: "How Much Power Does Satan Possess?" by truthislight: 10:36am On Jan 21, 2013
striktlymi:

Good morning sir,

Well said! I guess I used the wrong word to express my thoughts. Anyways, I meant exactly what you posted. Whatever is done by the devil is "allowed" by God.

thank you also.
Peace.
Re: "How Much Power Does Satan Possess?" by advocate666: 10:37am On Jan 21, 2013
striktlymi:

Good morning sir,

Hahahah.
So funny. So you mean Satan is doing god's will? He is his angel?
Re: "How Much Power Does Satan Possess?" by Nobody: 10:47am On Jan 21, 2013
advocate666:

Hahahah.

Morning Advocate,

Hahaha to you too!

I guess u did not read the post of truthislight on the matter. I agree with his post which makes mine 'obsolete'.
Re: "How Much Power Does Satan Possess?" by truthislight: 10:47am On Jan 21, 2013
advocate666:

Hahahah.

Guy, not so.

He said he may have used the wrong choice of word to express his thought.

Good he had already done the clarification befor your coming
Re: "How Much Power Does Satan Possess?" by advocate666: 11:20am On Jan 21, 2013
Ah, I understand you now: your god allows my Satan to have freewill. Eh?

Please let me laugh in Chinese. It's like saying Obasanjo allowed George Bush to attack Iraq. Anything to massage your ego.

What part of Satan being in charge of the world do you people not understand? god has absolutely no power over Satan. Satan does as he please and couldn't care less what your god wants.
Re: "How Much Power Does Satan Possess?" by Nobody: 11:35am On Jan 21, 2013
advocate666: Ah, I understand you now: your god allows my Satan to have freewill. Eh?

Please let me laugh in Chinese. It's like saying Obasanjo allowed George Bush to attack Iraq. Anything to massage your ego.

What part of Satan being in charge of the world do you people not understand? god has absolutely no power over Satan. Satan does as he please and couldn't care less what your god wants.

Sir if you are not careful one would be tempted to think that you believe the devil exists.

**coming close to your ears in whispers**...you are an Atheist!
Re: "How Much Power Does Satan Possess?" by advocate666: 12:06pm On Jan 21, 2013
striktlymi:

Sir if you are not careful one would be tempted to think that you believe the devil exists.

**coming close to your ears in whispers**...you are an Atheist!

Only the mad would believe in the existence of ancient myths. However, to interact with mad people, one has to stoop to their level atimes.
Re: "How Much Power Does Satan Possess?" by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jan 21, 2013
advocate666:

Only the mad would believe in the existence of ancient myths. However, to interact with mad people, one has to stoop to their level atimes.

Lol!

I am tempted to agree with you on this sir but don't you think that when a 'sane man' interacts with a 'mad man', then the sanity of the 'sane man' can be called to question?
Re: "How Much Power Does Satan Possess?" by advocate666: 12:48pm On Jan 21, 2013
striktlymi:

Lol!

I am tempted to agree with you on this sir but don't you think that when a 'sane man' interacts with a 'mad man', then the sanity of the 'sane man' can be called to question?

What a mad man calls into question is irrelevant as the sane man knows that he is sane and is only trying to speak a language that the mentally impaired would understand. Is a doctor sick for trying treat a sick person?
Re: "How Much Power Does Satan Possess?" by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jan 21, 2013
advocate666:

What a mad man calls into question is irrelevant as the sane man knows that he is sane and is only trying to speak a language that the mentally impaired would understand. Is a doctor sick for trying treat a sick person?

You are very funny sir!

This is hardly a matter between a doc and a sick man sir. Sorry to say but the analogy does not follow cause though every mad man is sick but not every sick man is mad. However it is very contradictory to suggest that a mad man would understand whatever the sane man has to say.

What's the thread about again?

Sorry Rodeo for derailing your thread!
Re: "How Much Power Does Satan Possess?" by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jan 21, 2013
See what's happening here. Lololol.
Guys, carry on, I'm observing.
Re: "How Much Power Does Satan Possess?" by truthislight: 5:12pm On Jan 21, 2013
striktlymi:

Lol!

lol.

You are having time for this guy that seems to have an.us for a mouth.
Re: "How Much Power Does Satan Possess?" by advocate666: 5:18pm On Jan 21, 2013
truthislight:

lol.

You are having time for this guy that seems to have an.us for a mouth.

The colourful vocabulary of the godly is truly amazing. You people are really a case study.
Re: "How Much Power Does Satan Possess?" by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jan 21, 2013
*subscribing. . .

who is satan? undecided
Re: "How Much Power Does Satan Possess?" by freebloke: 6:15pm On Jan 21, 2013
....... Maybe like papa like son.
Re: "How Much Power Does Satan Possess?" by advocate666: 6:21pm On Jan 21, 2013
n.oxide:
*subscribing. . .

who is satan? undecided

Satan is the One that holds your breath.
Re: "How Much Power Does Satan Possess?" by truthislight: 6:41pm On Jan 21, 2013
advocate666:

The colourful vocabulary of the godly is truly amazing. You people are really a case study.

it means your month produces what is supposed to be coming from ones a.nus, smelling.

Is it not?
Re: "How Much Power Does Satan Possess?" by advocate666: 6:52pm On Jan 21, 2013
truthislight:

it means your month produces what is supposed to be coming from ones a.nus, smelling.

Is it not?

Well, well, well. It looks like we have a "brave" soldier od Jizz-Us who would not run. A rare phenomenom.
How does Jizz-Us like what you are typing? Guess he is jumping with joy.
Re: "How Much Power Does Satan Possess?" by truthislight: 9:24pm On Jan 21, 2013
advocate666:

Well, well, well. It looks like we have a "brave" soldier od Jizz-Us who would not run. A rare phenomenom.
How does Jizz-Us like what you are typing? Guess he is jumping with joy.

*sigh*

west of time.

Better start making sense guy.
Re: "How Much Power Does Satan Possess?" by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jan 21, 2013
advocate666:

Satan is the One that holds your breath.

#breathes in deeply, holds breath hey i'm holding my breath, does that mean i am satan.
Re: "How Much Power Does Satan Possess?" by advocate666: 11:10pm On Jan 21, 2013
n.oxide:

#breathes in deeply, holds breath hey i'm holding my breath, does that mean i am satan.

if you have to start changing your statements, this discussion might become difficult
Re: "How Much Power Does Satan Possess?" by advocate666: 11:15pm On Jan 21, 2013
truthislight:

*sigh*

west of time.

Better start making sense guy.

My stooping to your level has it's limits. If I start making sense to you, that means I'm doomed.
Hell! How low should I lower my IQ before you start understanding me? Make an effort at intelligence and maybe we will meet at the middle.
Re: "How Much Power Does Satan Possess?" by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jan 21, 2013
advocate666:

if you have to start changing your statements, this discussion might become difficult

no time for discussion bro. anyway i just did a google search on satan and there's no way under this freaking sun i'll be that nigga. damn he's a character

(1) (2) (Reply)

Intelligent Design Is Not The Same As Creationism?: Thoughts / Address Of C&S Churches In Ibadan / Pastor Tunde Bakare Condemns Suspension Of John & Love Kumuyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.