Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,458 members, 7,854,003 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 09:20 AM

2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: - Education (535) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: (623176 Views)

Covenant University Aspirants Thread -2016/2017 Session / University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread / Free Downloadable Post Utme Past Questions And Answers for University Aspirants. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) ... (718) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by papindinho(m): 7:52pm On Oct 10, 2013
It becomes more of a joke reviewing that the LABOUR (liberation) was still young when it had a premature kick from within (coup and civil war).

And you think all these weren't politics (purposed and not coincidence). Maybe, Roosevelt was right in his that "there is not that thing called coincidence in politics; whatever happens is as planned".

The causes of the military rule taught in the four walls are still yet to view things as they happened.

#just my thoughts
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Miracy(f): 7:54pm On Oct 10, 2013
Oluwatola5: Ma'am i believe we have ( or should i say had?) past heroes. I did a bit of History in secondary school and i was wowed learning come of how many struggled, agitated and fought for a good Nigeria, the struggle wasnt easy then, their struggle wasnt sentimenal in nature and i dont believe the did it jsut to gain polirical grounds, it was purely because the felt enough is enough of them being dregs in their own country, but i wouldnt b suprised if we dont av much to tell in future of our present leaders. God help us. Am limited as Pappy in my typing also
mmmm....ma’am u av a good point too buh if we analyse it critically,d struggle for independence was also based on politics.tho,thru deir help we gained our freedom but we had no good governmental structures just as pappy said inorder to enhance a good government,most of dem fought for deir selfish interest n not rilly for d interest of d majority.

just like u i also did history in sec skul n i cud remember vividly bout some topics i was tot wc serves as convincin fact dat d liberation was politicised....for instance d opposition to d motion of self govt dat was moved in 1953 cos d northerners feard of bin dominated,kano crisis,action group crisis,aw d northners fought for d majority seat in d house....

To my lil knowledge i wont classify dem as heroes....
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Miracy(f): 8:05pm On Oct 10, 2013
papindinho: lolz.... Hope I'm not encroaching a great mind.
of cos not...ur doin me a great favour cos m really learnin frm u n am beginin to face reality....
papindinho: It becomes more of a joke reviewing that the LABOUR (liberation) was still young when it had a premature kick from within (coup and civil war).

And you think all these weren't politics (purposed and not coincidence). Maybe, Roosevelt was right in his that "there is not that thing called coincidence in politics; whatever happens is as planned".

The causes of the military rule taught in the four walls are still yet to view things as they happened.

#just my thoughts
yeah,really funny indeed...
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Nairalane: 8:23pm On Oct 10, 2013
It might just be the right future presumption
Oluwatola5: Boss good evning. I wanna correct something, i picked English Language and Education not Law.
sorry bossress, i misconstrued the popular remarks to you as a lawyer to mean that u are in for law. I never knew it was an abstraction. The caveat am forwarding to you is that you ll surely offer some phil courses,subsuming phil 101 and 104(fallacy). Jonah Tola. J. 12 hrs . . . . . . . . . . .
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Nairalane: 8:27pm On Oct 10, 2013
Miracy:
mmmm...well,my course of study is law n ur ideas on phil 101 n phil105 will be of great help to me too...

you dnt av to be bemused by my admiration cos its my personality...i admire n appreciates d intelligensia n i love learning....

All those u mentioned r also my boss,i‘ve learnd alot from dem n dey inspire me alot esp. my biggest boss SAMTOLLY...

will love to meet u in oau n above all,learn frm u....

STAMPED AND NOTED.
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by jakesund(m): 8:42pm On Oct 10, 2013
Miracy:
lwkmd....its really great avin u back to d trend...

...am preparin in ma own lil way buh d strike is willy dulling ma spirit...still hoping dey call it off soon....

WELCOME BACK!!!!!!

thanks dearie... what did I miss
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Miracy(f): 8:49pm On Oct 10, 2013
jakesund:

thanks dearie... what did I miss
alot!!!...do urself a favour by reading d misd pages to get updated... winkwink
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Miracy(f): 8:53pm On Oct 10, 2013
Nairalane: STAMPED AND NOTED.
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by papindinho(m): 9:35pm On Oct 10, 2013
jakesund:

doing fine bro... got tangled in some political affairs at aso rock grin missed y'all like hell sad

hope I'm forgiven for going without notice sad sad

let the feast begin Jake is back shocked the prodigal son returns tongue
oga, u ar welcome o. Hope camizzy too go show up
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by papindinho(m): 9:42pm On Oct 10, 2013
Miracy:
mmmm...great points!
yeah,critically n based on reality the liberation was based on politics...talkin frm d issue of ethnic rivalry n taste for power den.

infact,i fink am bewildered n convinced dat we never had any past HEROE....no budding change has occurred in Nigeria yet...

we had at some point in time.
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by papindinho(m): 9:46pm On Oct 10, 2013
Miracy: of cos not...ur doin me a great favour cos m really learnin frm u n am beginin to face reality....
yeah,really funny indeed...

na u sure pass o.
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Miracy(f): 9:52pm On Oct 10, 2013
papindinho: we had at some point in time.
mmm...buh it all seems we didnt...

our educational sector is freaking bad!am fedup sad sad

still hopin for the best....

it’s gona be WELL....
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Miracy(f): 9:55pm On Oct 10, 2013
papindinho: na u sure pass o.
mmmm...na u be d boss...
*takes a bow*
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Miracy(f): 10:00pm On Oct 10, 2013
where’s fynestboi n co....lets continue yesterday’s game to kip d trend goin....
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Miracy(f): 10:08pm On Oct 10, 2013
Mr felcocom i c u ooo...gud evnin sir....
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Oluwatola5(f): 11:06pm On Oct 10, 2013
papindinho: yea... Well coined in history albeit been mistily cited in ACTIONS they exhibited that they had a national vigour at a point in time.

The strive for LIBERATION was PURPOSED individually, bearing the fact that it was a political setting. One have to note that the LIBERATION was a laudable heroic deed but the INTENT thereafter,wasn't as purposed for national interest as it loomed to be at the point of liberation.
We have discussed that to a point now on 2go, and i fink my points have been made clear as well as yours.
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Oluwatola5(f): 11:13pm On Oct 10, 2013
Miracy:
mmmm....ma’am u av a good point too buh if we analyse it critically,d struggle for independence was also based on politics.tho,thru deir help we gained our freedom but we had no good governmental structures just as pappy said inorder to enhance a good government,most of dem fought for deir selfish interest n not rilly for d interest of d majority.

just like u i also did history in sec skul n i cud remember vividly bout some topics i was tot wc serves as convincin fact dat d liberation was politicised....for instance d opposition to d motion of self govt dat was moved in 1953 cos d northerners feard of bin dominated,kano crisis,action group crisis,aw d northners fought for d majority seat in d house....

To my lil knowledge i wont classify dem as heroes....

where we find the good eggs, we for sure will find the bad eggs, Murtala of blessed memories ever remains my greatest example, he is a national icon, a leader per excellence and a hero if we all will be truthful here, having spent just 200days in office, we all live to tell how his life tho short was well spent. Politics is actually needed by people with hopes of making their country better to be in the spotlight of events, many a time, their nebulous hopes comes with them striking a political position or it will more often than not remain incommunicado, this is to settle the ish of them just being political. As for the conflicts that have taken place so far, it suffices to say that there isnt no human community in this world where conflict isnt bound to happen,it goes without saying that conflict is imminent, i only SMH for those wch got bloody as a result of some over ambitious pretentious leaders who had obscure motives at the bak of dier minds. But in all totality, we cant conclude by saying that their deeds werent heroic, am yet to meet those who will even re-write history so i appreciate the few so far.I will get to you later, av got vigil to attend.
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by tIce(m): 11:52pm On Oct 10, 2013
neyodrums: Gud p.m. Please, is anyone on campus? A report reaching me says the 2nd batch admission list which also includes dat of expredites going for Linguistic has been released. Anyone on campus shd check the Department of Linguistic, Faculty of Arts to confirm this so dat we can know if it's true. Thanks
lyk seriously av gat another coursemate.....
Abegi hola me wit ur social ntwrk Ids.
No qualms bro OLUWA IS INVOLVED
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Oluwatola5(f): 1:46am On Oct 11, 2013
Nairalane: It might just be the right future presumption sorry bossress, i misconstrued the popular remarks to you as a lawyer to mean that u are in for law. I never knew it was an abstraction. The caveat am forwarding to you is that you ll surely offer some phil courses,subsuming phil 101 and 104(fallacy). Jonah Tola. J. 12 hrs . . . . . . . . . . .
Hmm.....i know i will offer phil101 in year one. BTW my sleeping level hasnt metamorphosised to the level of Jonah sir, bur sleep is good for your health....smiley smiley smiley
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Nairalane: 5:31am On Oct 11, 2013
You ve disclosed the key terms in what i wrote semantically. I did not say sleep is not good for the health but it is not what i like most :-/. (¤) citing johah was used as an hieroglyphics - not really so.
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by FelcoCom: 6:37am On Oct 11, 2013
Miracy: Mr felcocom i c u ooo...gud evnin sir....

gud am
ma..hw u
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by matson247(m): 7:07am On Oct 11, 2013
Pls oo. Hope O.A.U avent forget abt the Second choice candidate. Pls guys wat abt we second choce candidate o
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by matson247(m): 7:07am On Oct 11, 2013
Pls oo. Hope O.A.U avent forget abt the Second choice candidate. Pls guys wat abt we second choice candidate o
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Ifyx(m): 7:09am On Oct 11, 2013
Oau 2nd lıst neva comot nı?
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Samtolly4JESUS(m): 7:11am On Oct 11, 2013
^^^^^ Learning.............

#Kudos to the Bosses and Bossresess!
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by EINSTEINPG: 8:05am On Oct 11, 2013
please nairalanders. For me to make an informed decision next year, does OAU offer computer science/mathematics as combined honours?
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Osasu99(m): 8:20am On Oct 11, 2013
Good mornig yall future OAU students i am a part one microbiology student of OAU n i must say i hate the fact that i chose the school their academic calender slow die imagine we were still doing first semester exams when the strike caught us if when skuls like unn uniben etc were about to start their 2nd semester exams.i heard unilorin freshers just resumed by january they should be writing thier first semester exams n if this strike continues till december i would now be in the same level with them(instead) of being one year ahead
Having said that OAU is still one of the best skulls in nigeria n i prefer it to my state's UNIBEN but the slow pace of academic activites sucks
Congrats to those already given admission n to those waiting don't lose hope i for one was admitted in january(2013)
i wish yall the best as u journey into Great ife!cool

2 Likes

Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Samtolly4JESUS(m): 8:41am On Oct 11, 2013
Osasu99:
Good mornig yall future OAU students i am a part one microbiology student of OAU n i must say i hate the fact that i chose the school their academic calender slow die imagine we were still doing first semester exams when the strike caught us if when skuls like unn uniben etc were about to start their 2nd semester exams.i heard unilorin freshers just resumed by january they should be writing thier first semester exams n if this strike continues till december i would now be in the same level with them(instead) of being one year ahead
Having said that OAU is still one of the best skulls in nigeria n i prefer it to my state's UNIBEN but the slow pace of academic activites sucks
Congrats to those already given admission n to those waiting don't lose hope i for one was admitted in january(2013)
i wish yall the best as u journey into Great ife!cool

Almost everyone knew this bro. Thanks for the reiteration anyways.
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 11, 2013
Good morning, Christgirl. wink
Good morning, everyone.

1 Like

Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Whills: 10:00am On Oct 11, 2013
Guys you can also get admissions into unife through ijmb, into 200level

Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Jodekss(m): 10:31am On Oct 11, 2013
[b] ENCOURAGE BY SOME GOLD FISH...
http://www.poetfreak.com/text/252077/encouraged-by-some-gold-fish.html

It waking up when after the clock
Kept running
The second it wobbled toward and nudged to life with rings
So surprised
How many rings to be put on a lonely finger
The cab was possessed
The journey led to a competing site
Justin was later embarrased and Gold Fish took the charge
The dance steps was sick but who cares!
As long as it's of owning the mights
Who dare think about a threatening opposing faction?

That mode had been deactivated
Gold Fish at the end ended up jubilating
So it was adduced to nought is ready to fail
Should be surprised?
Do you not need success?
Why working as if you'd never fail all ready?
See whether failure or success
Remaining an epitome of success counts
Mentality counts
That's why you read the profiles and shake your head
This is all being mad
Is seeing freedom in forever to-life bad?
Mad?
If that's your mind then make it your sugar dad...[/b]
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Oluwatola5(f): 11:49am On Oct 11, 2013
Nairalane: You ve disclosed the key terms in what i wrote semantically. I did not say sleep is not good for the health but it is not what i like most :-/. (¤) citing johah was used as an hieroglyphics - not really so.
You do not like sleep, i like sleep, here our individual differences come in, i like sleeping coz when i sleep, i remember all i have learnt, it has rily been my great weapon.

(1) (2) (3) ... (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) ... (718) (Reply)

University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates / 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) / Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.