Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,403 members, 7,850,437 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:14 PM

Nigerian Troops Ill-equipped For War In Mali! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Troops Ill-equipped For War In Mali! (19634 Views)

PDP Raises Rallying Cry - Says PMB Not Equipped To Lead In A Democracy / Nigerian Soldiers: We Are Under-Equipped And Out-Numbered - CNN (Photo) / Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Troops Ill-equipped For War In Mali! by Symphony007: 12:10pm On Jan 21, 2013
The guardian never stops disgusting me with their shambolic articles. So Malian soildeirs who some tie pieces of cloths on their head are on the frontline but fully kitted, gun weilding soildeirs from the second powerfull nation on the african continet are fit to be on the frontline? Shambolic rubbish!!!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Troops Ill-equipped For War In Mali! by Kairoseki77: 12:10pm On Jan 21, 2013
Ile-Ife:

[size=18pt]This Biatch, Afua Hirsch[/size]

Send her to me and I'll straighten her out. wink grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Troops Ill-equipped For War In Mali! by prettyboi1(m): 12:16pm On Jan 21, 2013
Blyss: I'll admit that they made a lot of improvement, but they still got some way to go. Look at this ignorant foolishness, would you call this being professional?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AQISQdlRT0

I call it being childish and very unprofessional. They look like a bunch of fools.
Without being rude,you're really pathetic. How is that video "unprofessional" & "childish?" You obviously don't know shit about the military. Simple things like that are moral boosters. If it were American forces (that people like you worship) that shot a video like that,you won't say shyt. Check around the internet & you'd see even u.s. forces in videos like that boosting "moral."
About 2 years ago in Afghanistan, a couple of American soldiers were caught on video urinating on the bodies of some killed militants & I think there was also at least one alive....so much for "DISCIPLINE." People like you suffer from gross inferiority complex & must always talk down Nigeria or anything black or African. RUBBISH.
Re: Nigerian Troops Ill-equipped For War In Mali! by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jan 21, 2013
caesaraba:

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! This is what we keep saying! Don't just dispute ooooooo.

The SBS is a special force modelled after and trained by the Brisitsh Special Boat Service (SBS). More like the U.S Navy SEALS (pls don't tell us they don't operate on land)!

My friend I'm not disputing the training of ur nn sf and there competence, but as a soldier myself I would strongly disagree with this post because the little I knw abt ur army is that in any SF in majority of militaries even the overrated US army would rather use Delta opperatives for such missions, because they have the specified training. For inland recon and target aquasition in such an enviroment the NA's SF do have spesialized units for such tasks and I don't think that it would include maritime units in Mali's north.

So please its sometimes good to first analize a post or news report before u comment

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Troops Ill-equipped For War In Mali! by Twoboys: 12:27pm On Jan 21, 2013
I rather will align my views with the internationally acknowledged brilliant and impressive performance of Nigerian armed forces in peace keeping missions world wide. Awards and recocognitions abound to this fact from the UN. So loud are these acknowledgement that even Nigerians have often wondered what is responsible for the excellent perfomance of our armed forces on foreign missions when we dont seem to see same from them back home. I really dont think history or current performance of Nigerian troops in foreign duties in sudan support this article. I believe in our troops capability for mission like this and they have my prayers in doing to others what we want them to do unto us. God bless the nigerian armed forces for the sacrifices they keep making under extreme conditions to keep us safe.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Troops Ill-equipped For War In Mali! by ajetunde: 12:28pm On Jan 21, 2013
Henry120: See this silly ghanaian woman, AFUA hirsch or what ever her name is. Her hate for nigeria would continue to give her nightmares. Her country ghana sent 120 electricians and plumbers to mali, while a tiny state like benin republic pledged 300 combat soldiers. Togo another tiny state, pledged 500 combat soldiers.

Nigeria pledged 1200 soldiers combat. nigerian air force quick response force AKA special forces sent 66 tavor-21 wielding paratroopers. The navy also sent a couple of their battle hardened special forces soldiers, SBS wielding state of the art tavor-21 assault weapon. Nigerian army special forces members were embedded with the troops from mali national army and senegal the first 2days of this war. let me also add that our troops are all kitted with made in nigeria hardware, the desert camo, the bullet proof vest and their ak-47/ AKM/ AK-74 rifles carried by our troops are made in nigeria. Our troops have the requisite training and experience to carry out their mission, have been trained by the best nigerian military trainers.

The airforce, in addition to the 66 special forces troops( paratroopers) already sent to mali, would also deploy MI-35p attack helicopters, MI-24hind and MI-17 terminator attack transport helicopters. 2 Alpha jets( up graded, up gunned and up armoured) have already been deployed, we read about the miracles NAF pilots did with their alpha jets aka "DUDU BIRDS" in SLR and liberia, just wait and see what they are going to do with these upgraded version. The airforce would also deploy G222 medium transport planes, 1 of our C-130 big birds, charlie would also be deployed. Our F-7's would also be deployed, a lot has been said about this bird, unfortunately all negative, however it is left for our pilots to use them in real combat in mali, then we can know for certain whether it is a good bird or not.

At the moment we do not know the the types of vehicles that would be deployed, but we are sure to see our OTOKA COBRA, and french made panhard ( also used by the french in mali) in mali. As for artillery pieces we do not know what would be deployed.

Nigeria has a total number of about 100 thousand troops, deploying 1200 troops to mali which has been a base camp for training terrorists who have killed 2900 nigerians since 2010 is the right thing to do. It is in our own interest to be proactive in mali, the FG has shown willingness to tackle this problem head on, since last year a couple of nigerian secret service (NIA) agents have been embedded in mali. This french intervention provides nigeria a quick, less expensive route in dealing with terrorists operating in nigeria from their base camp in mali. We have to tackle the root of the problem. The army over the last few months have succeeded in landing major blows on terrorist, we just have to carry on with the tempo. Pound them to obliteration, all terrorists must die.

We owe members of our armed forces a great debt of gratitude, it is true that some of them act like animals, but the action of a few cannot, should not cloud our judgement of the bravery of the majority. Thank you to all of them, GODS SPEED.

As for that silly ghanaian self hating m.oron afua hirsch, make she go look bush or watch p.or.n.

Bros Henry, can you please quote your source on this details? I want to republish this article on liveofofo.com
Re: Nigerian Troops Ill-equipped For War In Mali! by Originalsly: 12:31pm On Jan 21, 2013
ola_pluto:
Boko Haram is an enemy within, guerilla in approach, thus handicapping the soldiers trained to flush things out. In Mali, things are different. The only order the gallant soldiers need is to go in and kill. Leave the rest to the trusted AK47.
Is there a difference between guerilla approach in Nigeria by Boko Haram and those in Mali? If you can't identify and confront the enemy in your own country how would you in another? As for the only order they need is to go in and kill.....kill who? ...everybody in sight? I already knew that the NA would not be on the frontline nor their jets ever be used.Face reality...they are not up to date nor familiar with the technologies and equipment that would be used by those commanding operations.That's what the UN usually do....get other countries to sign on to say X number of countries are in the allied forces and use their soldiers for manual labour. After Mali...who's next?...Nigeria?...am sure they would be observing and assessing Naija troops.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Troops Ill-equipped For War In Mali! by Iolo(m): 12:32pm On Jan 21, 2013
pro01:

The only thing true about our country's armed forces is what I stated in my previous post. I can NEVER take an unprofessional, rag-tag army of primitive bullies seriously, let alone "stand up" for them. When they stop the frequent undisciplined and animalistic acts of oppression and brutalisation against unarmed and defenceless Nigerian civilians, only then would I begin to look for reasons to be 'proud' of them. As it is, they are enemies of the Nigerian people. Yes, I said that. Bloody, cowardly brutes. They deserve the cruel fate that awaits them in Mali.

I have had the unwanted privilege of being in the North during a religious crisis that provided me with my first encounter with Nigerian Soldiers in combat mode.

Truth is they are utterly professional and have been the ones to dampen each and every religous crisis that has uprisen over the years.

If all your experience of Nigerian soldiers in combat is from Youtube, and Newspapers then you are wrong.

The Nigerian Army is hugely professional. They will do whatever they have to to attain their objectives.
Re: Nigerian Troops Ill-equipped For War In Mali! by caesaraba(m): 12:34pm On Jan 21, 2013
snydergp:

My friend I'm not disputing the training of ur nn sf and there competence, but as a soldier myself I would strongly disagree with this post because the little I knw abt ur army is that in any SF in majority of militaries even the overrated US army would rather use Delta opperatives for such missions, because they have the specified training. For inland recon and target aquasition in such an enviroment the NA's SF do have spesialized units for such tasks and I don't think that it would include maritime units in Mali's north.

So please its sometimes good to first analize a post or news report before u comment

LMAO! This is Nigeria and not the U.S effing A! We make do with what we've got at the moment while improving. I guess you'd suggest waiting for our own 'Delta Force' to be formed while we these terrorists keep blasting away. Dem no get S.F, una complain. Dem don get, una still dy complain.

By the way, the Nigerian Intelligence sector has assets on the ground in Mali as stated by the CDS a forthnight ago. So you see, they seem have an idea on what they are doing afterall.
Re: Nigerian Troops Ill-equipped For War In Mali! by Iolo(m): 12:34pm On Jan 21, 2013
Originalsly: Is there a difference between guerilla approach in by Boko Haram and those in Mali? If you can't identify and confront the enemy in your own country how would you in another? As for the only order they need is to go in and kill.....kill who? ...everybody in sight? I already knew that the NA would not be on the frontline nor their jets ever be used.Face reality...they are not up to date nor familiar with the technologies and equipment that would be used by those commanding operations.That's what the UN usually do....get other countries to sign on to say X number of countries are in the allied forces and use their soldiers for manual labour. After Mali...who's next?...Nigeria?...am sure they would be observing and assessing Naija troops!

How many Boko Haram bombs have gone off in recent months? How many bombing headlines have you seen this year?

Bombings have reduced my bro. The Army, SSS, NIA and Police are solidly behind that.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Troops Ill-equipped For War In Mali! by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jan 21, 2013
caesaraba:

LMAO! This is Nigeria and not the U.S effing A! We make do with what we've got at the moment while improving. I guess you'd suggest waiting for our own 'Delta Force' to be formed while we these terrorists keep blasting away. Dem no get S.F, una complain. Dem don get, una still dy complain.

By the way, the Nigerian Intelligence sector has assets on the ground in Mali as stated by the CDS a forthnight ago. So you see, they seem have an idea on what they are doing afterall.

What's ur argument actually because like I said the NA does have SF Paratroops that are more then adequatly trained for this not NN sf naval units.

By the way I'm not americantongue
Re: Nigerian Troops Ill-equipped For War In Mali! by caesaraba(m): 12:51pm On Jan 21, 2013
snydergp:

What's ur argument actually because like I said the NA does have SF Paratroops that are more then adequatly trained for this not NN sf naval units.

Never said you were, did I? Lol.

(And you were the one talking about analyzing posts.....hehehehe). Whatever floats your boat my friend.
Re: Nigerian Troops Ill-equipped For War In Mali! by achovirux(m): 12:55pm On Jan 21, 2013
These is just the truth if you like believe it or not...As a person in the system,Nigerian troops lacks training and kits even decipline to fight in a sand dunes landlocked country like mali.
Nigerian troops needs brand new training,kits and new decipline to succeed in Mali.Ka Chineke mezie Okwu
Re: Nigerian Troops Ill-equipped For War In Mali! by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jan 21, 2013
ajetunde:

Bros Henry, can you please quote your source on this details? I want to republish this article on liveofofo.com

I'm sorry OGA, there is not just a particular source. The sources are aplenty. So I cannot give you any in particular. To name a few though, vanguardngr, nta news, thisdaylive, france24, aljazeera etc etc. All the news of covert operations were carried by nigerian journalist, malian generals quoted by reuters, AFP.......
Re: Nigerian Troops Ill-equipped For War In Mali! by achovirux(m): 12:57pm On Jan 21, 2013
Well what is happening in Sudan n what happened in Liberia is what exactly what is going to happen if what said is neglected.
Re: Nigerian Troops Ill-equipped For War In Mali! by rafou001(m): 12:58pm On Jan 21, 2013
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151230666012971

lol grin so this is the Mali soldiers that will kill the rabels, that lady better step up her journalisme.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Troops Ill-equipped For War In Mali! by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jan 21, 2013
snydergp:

Guy, snydergp, you are here now. What about the rest of your south african crew (bandwagon)??

The army, navy and airforce special forces are all in mali. It is only the full details of the airforce that was given 66 paratroopers(QRF). The navy and army are classified. However you made a goint point of the army SF's having the requisite training to carry out the mission.
Re: Nigerian Troops Ill-equipped For War In Mali! by cold(m): 1:07pm On Jan 21, 2013
Let's do a little bit of comparative study here and see what exactly they're saying about 'kitting'.From the pics of both the French troops and their Nigerian counterparts,there's little or no difference between the two

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Troops Ill-equipped For War In Mali! by cold(m): 1:08pm On Jan 21, 2013
Nigerian Army cool

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Troops Ill-equipped For War In Mali! by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jan 21, 2013
cold: Let's do a little bit of comparative study here and see what exactly they're saying about 'kitting'.From the pics of both the French troops and their Nigerian counterparts,there's little or no difference between the two

Real Madrid walloped Valencia 5-0 yesterday. Both teams were kitted EXACTLY the same. Both had 11 players too, and the same number of substitutes.

Combat is not about dressing fancy, it's more about training, team-work & yes technology. Those French dudes aren't exactly packing AKs, etc.
Re: Nigerian Troops Ill-equipped For War In Mali! by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jan 21, 2013
ola_pluto:
What exactly is childish in this? You are obviously not familiar with the word 'morale'. These soldiers are some of the world's finest. They are brave, gallant and very tactful. You do not need to be white to be good, in fact, I make bold to say that in an open combat in the deserts of Mali, our troops stand a better chance than the French. I read the guardian article last week and could only laugh. It is filled with gross inaccuracies and some outright lies. The Nigerian Army is perhaps the ones going to do the dirty jobs of smoking the rebels in Mali. The French CANNOT do much on ground. They cannot win an open battle with the rebels.
Nigeria may be bad, but we're not as bad as the article painted. Our military has quietly been upgrading and I was impressed that we used our own troop carrier, sending 2 fighter jets also. Many people make silly comparisons with Boko Haram. Boko Haram is an enemy within, guerilla in approach, thus handicapping the soldiers trained to flush things out. In Mali, things are different. The only order the gallant soldiers need is to go in and kill. Leave the rest to the trusted AK47.
no mind some ill fated nigerians who thinks anytin gud cant come out of dis country.unpatriotic mucktards mtcheew
Re: Nigerian Troops Ill-equipped For War In Mali! by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jan 21, 2013
Henry120:

Guy, snydergp, you are here now. What about the rest of your south african crew (bandwagon)??

The army, navy and airforce special forces are all in mali. It is only the full details of the airforce that was given 66 paratroopers(QRF). The navy and army are classified. However you made a goint point of the army SF's having the requisite training to carry out the mission.

Hey mr oxygen thiefgrin u still haven't provided the links to some of ur claims here those socalled reports... Can't seem to get hold of any.

On the issue of marines, there's no marine sf infantry regiment in NN sf bt the NA does have such a contigent eventhough its inadeqaute compared to what the French deployed.

Ecowas will mainly rely on France for Close-Air-Battlefield support simply because they lack that capability currently, even with NAF's F-7's if the French withdraw from active and operational combat support Ecowas will be stretched due inadequate logistical capabilities.

Its also a shame due to deplomatic fallouts in Ivory Coast in 2011 with Ecowas including new protocals on regional security by AU, South Africa and SADC nations are reluctent to send troops into Mali.

I just hope in 20 years African nations can put away there anglo-fon and franco-fon tendencies and create a single African Armed Force to stop this Neo-Colonialist armed incursions on african soil in the name of War against Terror.

But I guess this will never happen aslong as "OUR" leaders makes promises to minority groups and ten years not a single road or infrastructure. Economic inclusiveness and developement will solve Africa's terrorist and religious problems.

This Mali conflict is just a symtome of africa's underlying weak goverments particular its militaries and democratic institutions that should be responsible for conflict resolutions not armed response after innocent lives are lost.
Re: Nigerian Troops Ill-equipped For War In Mali! by olapluto(m): 2:35pm On Jan 21, 2013
snydergp:

Hey mr oxygen thiefgrin u still haven't provided the links to some of ur claims here those socalled reports... Can't seem to get hold of any.

On the issue of marines, there's no marine sf infantry regiment in NN sf bt the NA does have such a contigent eventhough its inadeqaute compared to what the French deployed.

Ecowas will mainly rely on France for Close-Air-Battlefield support simply because they lack that capability currently, even with NAF's F-7's if the French withdraw from active and operational combat support Ecowas will be stretched due inadequate logistical capabilities.

Its also a shame due to deplomatic fallouts in Ivory Coast in 2011 with Ecowas including new protocals on regional security by AU, South Africa and SADC nations are reluctent to send troops into Mali.

I just hope in 20 years African nations can put away there anglo-fon and franco-fon tendencies and create a single African Armed Force to stop this Neo-Colonialist armed incursions on african soil in the name of War against Terror.

But I guess this will never happen aslong as "OUR" leaders makes promises to minority groups and ten years not a single road or infrastructure. Economic inclusiveness and developement will solve Africa's terrorist and religious problems.

This Mali conflict is just a symtome of africa's underlying weak goverments particular its militaries and democratic institutions that should be responsible for conflict resolutions not armed response after innocent lives are lost.
I havent really heard of South African military doing well in any peace keeping ops. Can you please give examples of how SA has stabilised their own region? Perhaps Zimbabwe? Angola? Just for information purposes.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Troops Ill-equipped For War In Mali! by Arosa(m): 2:41pm On Jan 21, 2013
AFUA hirsch is obviously a daft cunnt, why can't she tell the world why over hyped ghana is sending only 150 boys while a small country like Chad with a population of about 10 million sends 2000. mumu woman.
Re: Nigerian Troops Ill-equipped For War In Mali! by cold(m): 2:53pm On Jan 21, 2013
Richfella:

Real Madrid walloped Valencia 5-0 yesterday. Both teams were kitted EXACTLY the same. Both had 11 players too, and the same number of substitutes.

Combat is not about dressing fancy, it's more about training, team-work & yes technology. Those French dudes aren't exactly packing AKs, etc.
Yawn!Your argument is hollow!I emphasized on 'kitting' to stress a point but I guess that flew over your head.Now about training and the requisite skill to carry out the task at hand,with all the evidence that has been provided to buttress the point that the Nigerian Army are very capable and can hold their own.If you're still holding tenaciously to your opinion then I really do not have much to say to you
Re: Nigerian Troops Ill-equipped For War In Mali! by ocelot2006(m): 3:00pm On Jan 21, 2013
Blyss: I'll admit that they made a lot of improvement, but they still got some way to go. Look at this ignorant foolishness, would you call this being professional?

I call it being childish and very unprofessional. They look like a bunch of fools.

The Maoris of New Zealand have a war dance, and the New Zealand Defence Force tend to use it quite often. The Zulus also have their own war dance, and South African Defence Force soldiers and even Police officers tend to use it sometimes. The United States Military (Army, Navy, Airforce, Marine Corps) also have a number of cadence songs they sing all the time (I'm sure you've heard "the green beret" and also the USMC's "Fired up". So, will you label these Armed Forces as unprofessional cos of these songs? If not, then why are you on the Nigerian Army's case cos of a little war dance and cadence songs aimed at boosting the morale of the troops that are currently in an ACTIVE WAR ZONE?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Troops Ill-equipped For War In Mali! by Originalsly: 3:07pm On Jan 21, 2013
Iolo:

How many Boko Haram bombs have gone off in recent months? How many bombing headlines have you seen this year?

Bombings have reduced my bro. The Army, SSS, NIA and Police are solidly behind that.
Very well....but you would agree that is because of a more police action rather than military action.Getting information is the key to solving such a crisis.With all the years the US Military combined with the British were fighting the Taliban and still can't defeat them. They are now sitting down with them and negotiating.
Re: Nigerian Troops Ill-equipped For War In Mali! by buJu234: 3:31pm On Jan 21, 2013
why not try them and see for your selves....
Re: Nigerian Troops Ill-equipped For War In Mali! by ocelot2006(m): 3:36pm On Jan 21, 2013
Let me get this straight- we have about 900-1200 well trained and seasoned soldiers deployed/about to be deployed to Mali with lots of experience drawn from battles fought and won (Liberia, Sierre Leone, Bakassi, etc) and multiple counter insurgency (COIN) and counter-terror ops (Niger-Delta, Boko Haram), heavily armed with weapons produced locally (AK-47/OBJ-006 assault, GPMGs, RPG-7s, Mortars) and domestically produced DICON-Dolphine Makone Tactical vests, equipped with Nigerian Army MRAPs (Otokar Kobras) and armoured Pinzgauer 8x8 combat vehicles (tanks, APCs, AFVs and artillery pieces excluded), and supported by NAF's C-130s and G-222s for transport, Alpha jets and Mi-35 Hinds for combat air support (CAS), an additional detachment of heavily armed detachment of NAF regiment and special forces. Oh and don't forget the initial detachment of NIA, DIA, and Special Forces operators (intelligence assets) deployed months earlier. Yet some dimwit Ghanian reporter, who has an axe to grind with Nigeria (cos she may have been dumped by her Nigerian ex-boyfriend) and whose country's military is notorious for its cowardice, releases a garbage article based on the report of Malian official whose military is waay worse than the Ghanians in terms of cowardice, low morale, and unprofessionalism (they just lost half of their friggin country), and buffons/fucktards/douche bags on this forum just swallowed the whole story hook, line and sinker. You idiots need help. Mumu.
Re: Nigerian Troops Ill-equipped For War In Mali! by talktimi(m): 3:42pm On Jan 21, 2013

it seems you derive joy in being sad. Must the soldiers squeeze their faces or hit their heads on a wall for you to pass them as professionals ?
Re: Nigerian Troops Ill-equipped For War In Mali! by talktimi(m): 3:46pm On Jan 21, 2013

it seems you derive joy in being sad. Must the soldiers squeeze their faces or hit their heads on a wall for you to pass them as professionals ? Underestimate them at your own peril or better still whenever you come across a soldier, tell him he's not a professional.
Re: Nigerian Troops Ill-equipped For War In Mali! by ocelot2006(m): 3:54pm On Jan 21, 2013
It's a pity that some fools here do not appreciate their own country and it's armed forces. Go to other foreign defence forums and read the compliments showered on the Nigerian military during their deployment to Mali. Even the French had been pushing for our immediate deployment as they'll rather fight with us on their side than the unreliable Malians who will run at the first sound of gunfire. And need I remind everyone that the ECOWAS military intervention force is not lead by a Ghanian, Malian, etc, but a Nigerian Maj. General, with the air task force commanded by a Nigerian AVM?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

APC Cloning Voter's Cards In Lagos ‘office’ – DSS / Wild Jubilation Erupts In Bauchi As President Buhari Returns. See Photos / DSS Clears Saraki Of N310m Ownership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.