Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? (10993 Views)

My Wife Misbehaves Because I Cheated On Her. / When Was The Last Time You Told Your Spouse You Love Him/her? / If Your Husband Asks You To Dress More Sexily At Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? by mysticgal(f): 10:03am On Jan 21, 2013
i dont cheat
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? by Nobody: 10:05am On Jan 21, 2013
The last time I tolded my man,he blowded my face and I started seeing big big starz!I no go fit tolded any man again o. grin grin
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? by nollywood20: 10:08am On Jan 21, 2013
[size=18pt]The Lord does not have to ask you before you should do so.
Your conscience is enough to prick you to confess it before it is too late.

Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

~ James 5:16, Holy Bible (New International Version).

WHY MUST YOU CONFESS YOUR SINS TO ONE EACH OTHER?
BECAUSE...

Whoever conceals their sins does not prosper,
but the one who confesses and renounces them finds mercy
~ Proverbs 28:13, Holy Bible (New International Version)

I have seen many cases of unrepentant spouses suffering grave consequences of their infidelity, because if you don't confess you are in danger of being punished in different ways and you don't even know when, how or where, but it will certainly come.

1. A married neighbour who was cheating on his wife hit an innocent boy in an accident and his illicit escapades were discovered.

2. A married man and his mistress died as their car crashed and then his wife now knew of his infidelity.

3. A married man at the Nigeria LNG Bonny is now in trouble as his young mistress suddenly collapsed and died whilst they were making love.

4. A married man in the civil service is having series of misfortunes since he slept with a young female member of Nairaland who was cheating on her boyfriend.

5. A married socialite was killed for sleeping with the estranged wife of another man in south western Nigeria.

The list is endless.

"As long as the earth endures, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night will never cease."

~ ◄ Genesis 8:22 ►, Holy Bible.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? by OmerianConsult: 10:10am On Jan 21, 2013
D stuff between women's legs have led to d destruction of many destinies- d biblical Samson, Tiger Woods, Paul Wolfowitz (former World Bank boss), Dominique Strauss-khan (former IMF head) as well as hundreds of millions of obscure ppu some of whom are reading this thread.
There are terrible consequences for disobeying God in any way. On God's instruction Pastor Adeboye once confessed to his wife that he had an affair with one of her friends (before he got born again). He is now d greatest Nigerian ever.
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? by Gabrielsylar(m): 10:18am On Jan 21, 2013
Its d spirit of obatala or okija that is giving u dat yeye advice the Holy spirit does not tell u to talk about the past when it is unnecessary.......

1 Like

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? by nollywood20: 10:25am On Jan 21, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: Its d spirit of obatala or okija that is giving u dat yeye advice the Holy spirit does not tell u to talk about the past when it is unnecessary.......

THE HOLY SPIRIT REMINDS US OF CONFESSING ALL THE SINS WE HAVE NOT CONFESSED AND DEMANDS WE REPENT TO BE REDEEMED.
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? by Nobody: 10:34am On Jan 21, 2013
You don't need the spirit of God to tell you, before you confess, thats if you are truly sorry.

The bible says confess your faults one to another, so therefore you should confess by yourself and let the guilt go.

But you must be ready for the consequences, don't go telling your partner and expect them to forgive you just because you told them first.

When you decide to come out with such a confession, be willing to accept the other persons reaction, and just give them time to forgive you.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? by wazobiaforu(m): 10:41am On Jan 21, 2013
Firstly, how do you differenciate CONSCIENCE from LORD speaking to you? How do the lord speak to you?
Conscience is a powerful thing that can control human happiness, if you are guilty of adultry in a relationship and your conscience is disturbing you, my best advice is to call on God,ask for forgiveness and repent SILENTLY, it takes a strong person to continue happily in a marriage after finding a partner guilty of adultry most expecially if it is the woman that cheat.
Well if you see it as lord talking to you to tell your partner, i doubt if its not devil trying to bring your marriage to an end.
If you are man, call your wife and explain it, try to make it outside your house, maybe you take her for outing, tell her and promise not to cheat on her again, also let her know how much you love her so much.
If its woman .... Am speachless only if your man is original and real pastor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? by elpatch(m): 10:42am On Jan 21, 2013
I would.it's easier than chains of lies.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? by frankgreat(m): 10:50am On Jan 21, 2013
abeg o, how will i know its the spirit talking or my mind talking to me? so i wont use my hand to chase my wife away undecided
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? by linusnneji238(m): 10:53am On Jan 21, 2013
i will since it is the spirit of the LORD, and i believe that the same spirit will give my partner the heart to bear it and to forgive as well...
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? by cyril10(m): 11:05am On Jan 21, 2013
Some blind posters here, you talk about the holy Spirit of God as if you are talking about the spirit of the devil that rules the earth.

Give due respect to God and his Holy Spirit or else the danger is much nearer than you think.

If the Spirit of God says you should confess your adultery to your wife, he said it because he loves you and doesn't want you to end up in hell,
obey the word of the Lord immediately dont bring it to a forum like this where people that have disregard for God post what will destroy their souls eventually if they fail to repent from their sins.

1 Like

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? by Nobody: 11:07am On Jan 21, 2013
safarigirl: Why should you wait for the Lord to spoon feed you? Why do you think he gave you a conscience? What kind of silly question is this?

That being said, it may not always be good, but some things are better left unsaid. Especially with women, they would rather not know. Sure, they may suspect and expect you to come out with it, but trust me, the damage done will exceed the intent behind telling.

Please keep God out of YOUR human faults.
i like your analysis, infact ehn you get plenty brains, would you mind if i borrow some of em?
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? by freecocoa(f): 11:09am On Jan 21, 2013
I'd tell the holy spirit that its not that I want to disobey him but he should help me tell my hubby by himself cos my hubby will understand better if it came directly from the holy spirit.cheesy

On a more serious note, I don't think the holy spirit would like the drama that will definitely follow the confession if my husband happens to be my present man, so make we just leave matter undecided
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? by Nobody: 11:16am On Jan 21, 2013
I will. Even before the holy spirit says so, my face and countenance will confess. I usually can't keep secrets from my loved ones. I've always been as easy as a book to read.

1 Like

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? by Suljosh: 11:36am On Jan 21, 2013
hrmkz: What if the same lord ask me to cheat in the first place. shocked
Indeed, u've shown hw sycopatic u're.

1 Like

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? by Emdee590(m): 11:47am On Jan 21, 2013
engineerd:
You must told him oh!
error in... U pipo would nt kil me here oo

1 Like

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? by Nobody: 11:47am On Jan 21, 2013
If it is the spirit then you have to. But I don't think you have to if the spirit did not ask you to. If you have really repented from it, it is a past. Unless she puts a direct question of it to you. Else you have to be telling her of all the girls backside that you have been admiring, chest/ bre ast you desired, evil thoughts in your mind etc.
Just repent and love her more.
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? by Emdee590(m): 11:47am On Jan 21, 2013
chiover: as u told him he must be tokded too
lwkmd
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? by PENMIGHT(m): 11:53am On Jan 21, 2013
The concept of Confession of sin and Forgiveness have been greatly misunderstood here. Is confession a necessity for Forgiveness? No. The sin of cheating on ur spouse or Aduletry is more of tresspassing against the will of The Most High God than seeing it as ursurping d right of ur spouse. So u repent to HIM ALONE,He who does not need confession because He knows it all. In Islam, when u ve too evils, u go for d lesser of d two. The Evil of a needless confession breaks home,severe relationship,brew hatred and these evil far outway listening to the inspiration of guidance from within u and REPENTING and never to return to d sinful way. That action of dt man is detested, he who Allaah has concealed his fault in d dark and goes out to the open to broadcast that which His Lord has concealed! By d way- " Does d spirit of God talk such things?- just asking?
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? by Nobody: 11:56am On Jan 21, 2013
How the fucck is God gonna ask you to confess of cheating? Wake up people
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? by Nobody: 11:57am On Jan 21, 2013
Okija_juju: I would.

I dont even need to wait for the lord. I would just tell her to clear my conscience. The reason being that we have a very honest relationship and living with such a lie would be tough for me.

How 'honest' can your r/ship possibly be if you are going about f****g other women undecided

1 Like

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? by coogar: 11:57am On Jan 21, 2013
freecocoa: I'd tell the holy spirit that its not that I want to disobey him but he should help me tell my hubby by himself cos my hubby will understand better if it came directly from the holy spirit.cheesy

On a more serious note, I don't think the holy spirit would like the drama that will definitely follow the confession if my husband happens to be my present man, so make we just leave matter undecided

the number of people the Holy Spirit speaks to in nigeria is not up to 12. why do some people deceive themselves about spirit this and that. human's conscience has 2 parts - the good side and the evil side......it depends on which one the brain decides to follow. Holy Spirit and nigerians shouldn't be in the same sentence.

1 Like

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jan 21, 2013
PEN_MIGHT: The concept of Confession of sin and Forgiveness have been greatly misunderstood here. Is confession a necessity for Forgiveness? No. The sin of cheating on ur spouse or Aduletry is more of tresspassing against the will of The Most High God than seeing it as ursurping d right of ur spouse. So u repent to HIM ALONE,He who does not need confession because He knows it all. In Islam, when u ve too evils, u go for d lesser of d two. The Evil of a needless confession breaks home,severe relationship,brew hatred and these evil far outway listening to the inspiration of guidance from within u and REPENTING and never to return to d sinful way. That action of dt man is detested, he who Allaah has concealed his fault in d dark and goes out to the open to broadcast that which His Lord has concealed! By d way- " Does d spirit of God talk such things?- just asking?

Actually, confession is a step toward making restitution for a sin committed.
Sometimes, repentance of a particular sin is NOT enough, you have to make restitution as well to show complete repentance!
I guess sin the case of adultery, confession to spouse is the best restitution one can make!
I wonder what penance they give adulterers . . . undecided
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? by salt1: 12:11pm On Jan 21, 2013
Pen might, christainity and human nature teach us differently. In xtianity, confession is a pre-requisite for forgiveness. And yes, God requires the past. A man with a secret on his mind is an unhappy man. It is absolutely necessary to come out in the open.
Adultery is a sin against God and against your spouse whom you owe fidelity. Confessing means you're repentant and ready to be held accountable, not living a pretentious life.
A real xtian knows that he must live transparently and when he falters, he must ask forgiveness from God and the offended party (even when the offended isn't aware) because the truth will still come out. Adultery, like all falsehoods, has a limited life span.
How I will react? Feel hurt for sometime but later respect my spouse's integrity for opening up even when I didn't know what happened.
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? by slimyem: 12:13pm On Jan 21, 2013
I don't need the spirit of the Lord to tell me when or how to make amends after my wrongs.
My conscience will do that for me.wink
Infact,I have made free-willed confessions without the holy spirit more than once..cheesy
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? by warrikid(m): 12:15pm On Jan 21, 2013
Tusky44: The spirit of the lord no know the implications? So if my spouse pour me hot water and my skin burns, will the spirit of the lord treat my skin? Abeg jor....

If e too much make the spirit tell am by himself because i no fit take that kind of risk.
Lmao,mental sickness is baaaad ooo.lmao,buh honestly,dis dude jst made my day.lolz
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? by blackbeau1(f): 12:19pm On Jan 21, 2013
You don't even need the lord to tell you to disclose your Unholy alliances to your spouse.if you love the person and you are sure you have no intention of repeating it,then tell your spouse.let he or she not hear about it from someone else. On my reaction,I would be unhappy for a while but the fact that he told me without me asking around would help me pipe down

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? by Elise1: 12:35pm On Jan 21, 2013
Why should i do that. Its best to keep silent.
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? by drnoel: 12:48pm On Jan 21, 2013
debo4luv: If the spirit of the Lord demands that you tell your spouse all about your unholy affairs (adultery) within the confines of marriage, what would you do as a man or woman? Would you be able to tell your wife as a husband? Would you be able to tell your husband as a wife? How would you take it as a man or woman? Sincere answers please cos it's happening in many homes.
First and foremost, the spirit of the lord would do no such thing. Second and second most, scriptures says "sins against the father and the Son can be forgiven but that against the spirit would never be forgiven. So pls leave the holy spirit out of ur madness.

1 Like

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? by freecocoa(f): 12:53pm On Jan 21, 2013
coogar:

the number of people the Holy Spirit speaks to in nigeria is not up to 12. why do some people deceive themselves about spirit this and that. human's conscience has 2 parts - the good side and the evil side......it depends on which one the brain decides to follow. Holy Spirit and nigerians shouldn't be in the same sentence.
grin grin grin

We take the good side of the conscience to be the holy spirit na so all join.
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? by PENMIGHT(m): 1:08pm On Jan 21, 2013
Salt 1, God is not a god of confusion. You talked about human nature but forgot that God created both human and his nature. It is both divine and human to want to relieve ur sinful soul of d burden of iniquities but here are some posers for u -(1) Who do u confess ur sins to-ur friends,co workers,relatives or wife? U only confess to 'God'. God need not be told of ur sins in d open cos he knows d content of ur chest.(2) How many times do u sin and how many hundreds of mortal being do u need to confess to? Forgivess is Remorsefulness and not a outward carricature display of confessing ur sins.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What's The Other Side Of This Coin? / Marrying Without One's Parent Consent - Is It Ideal ? / Let's Talk About Online Flirting...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.