Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,647 members, 7,816,660 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Married Men, I Need Urgent Advise !!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married Men, I Need Urgent Advise !!! (3054 Views)

Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? / For Married and soon to be married Men / Please Men I Need Your Help? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Married Men, I Need Urgent Advise !!! by pyramid777(m): 10:34am On Jan 21, 2013
I recently got married to my wife and we are getting to know each other well... But my major challenge with her is her inability to be time conscious doing "women stuff", i used to be a very organized and prompt person at occassions & church services but ever since i got married i find myself arriving late at occassions due to my wife's delays.

I tried some techniques like making sure she takes her bath on time & before me, reducing our expected time of arrival eg telling her 8am when the events actually starts by 9am...but havent made much progress.

I humbly requests for advice / tips from the married men in the house on how i can ensure i carry my wife along and attend functions/church services at the correct time without a quarrel.
Re: Married Men, I Need Urgent Advise !!! by sexybash(f): 10:36am On Jan 21, 2013
leave her beind after some time she will adjust

4 Likes

Re: Married Men, I Need Urgent Advise !!! by xynerise: 10:39am On Jan 21, 2013
Your initial solution is ok. Let her bath 2hours before you bath.
Re: Married Men, I Need Urgent Advise !!! by Nobody: 10:44am On Jan 21, 2013
If the meeting starts at 8am,wake her up by 12 am to start preparing.
www.nairaland.com/1169741/check-out-word-game#1169741.1
Re: Married Men, I Need Urgent Advise !!! by redcliff: 10:54am On Jan 21, 2013
sexybash: leave her beind after some time she will adjust

Pyramid, This is the best advice you have been given and would ever be given on this thread. Ignore every other one. This is the answer!!!

1 Like

Re: Married Men, I Need Urgent Advise !!! by Lexusgs430: 11:31am On Jan 21, 2013
Is the babe in question the same one you requested proposal tips for ?
During courtship, did you not realise her African Timing Schedules? And if you did, you accepted her and it, for what it is/was ?
Re: Married Men, I Need Urgent Advise !!! by Nobody: 11:39am On Jan 21, 2013
Lexusgs430: Is the babe in question the same one you requested proposal tips for ?
During courtship, did you not realise her African Timing Schedules? And if you did, you accepted her and it, for what it is/was ?

Acceptance does not mean she cant make improvements.
Re: Married Men, I Need Urgent Advise !!! by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jan 21, 2013

Best Advice so far. Leave her behind and let her start coming afterwards. Na so 98% of women dey do.
Re: Married Men, I Need Urgent Advise !!! by ihedioramma: 3:24pm On Jan 21, 2013
SOME PEOPLE THINK IF THEY MARRY EVERY THING IS OVER NO, THAT IS WERE YOU START LIFE LIKE A DAY CHILD . SO MY BROTHER KEEP DOING WHAT U ARE DOING SO THAT UR WIFE WILL CHANGE DONT LIVE HER. PRAY OVER IT AND U WILL GET WHAT U WANT.
Re: Married Men, I Need Urgent Advise !!! by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jan 21, 2013
Oga, Calm down oh. My Parents are still having this fight till today. My poor Father after over 40 years of marriage still laments about being late.
My case is different, Mr. DB is when we go out he wants you to outline all the places you intend to go, Me kuma as the Spirit leads, so when he makes his plans and times it, me I scatter them, We don quarel taya, he don warn me taya.
I don't do it out of spite or to annoy him but I plan every minute of my life at work let me have freedom when am with Oga, why do I have to do per minute planning again?

But I am always on time for events, he on the other hand is the late one.
What to do poster? I no know oh, this is part of the wahala that comess with merging your life with another person

2 Likes

Re: Married Men, I Need Urgent Advise !!! by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jan 21, 2013
debrief08:
What to do poster? I no know oh, this is part of the wahala that comess with merging your life with another person

Exactly cheesy

andromida:

Acceptance does not mean she cant make improvements.

Very True grin

OP my opinion ; leave her behind.... we go to church in different rides cos I can't afford to miss the praise worship .... He's still looking for his purple cuff links and my kids are already packed in the vehicle.... off we go cheesy
Re: Married Men, I Need Urgent Advise !!! by baby124: 5:43pm On Jan 21, 2013
Hmmmm -__-. This topic is like a slap in the face. shocked cool grin. I think changing the time works. And if you are picking her up, when you are 15mins away, tell her you are outside. Leaving her once also will show seriousness and that you are not finding it funny. It is not easy to try to look good. These things take hours. cheesy
Re: Married Men, I Need Urgent Advise !!! by seyigiggle: 5:52pm On Jan 21, 2013
redcliff:

Pyramid, This is the best advice you have been given and would ever be given on this thread. Ignore every other one. This is the answer!!!

seconded

i tried it on my wife and it worked, having been gentle about and it was a very important event she could not afford to miss. well, she came on taxi with her own money and that was the end to the problem.

mind you, don't do this for unimportant event for her.

1 Like

Re: Married Men, I Need Urgent Advise !!! by coogar: 6:00pm On Jan 21, 2013
pyramid777: I recently got married to my wife and we are getting to know each other well... But my major challenge with her is her inability to be time conscious doing "women stuff", i used to be a very organized and prompt person at occassions & church services but ever since i got married i find myself arriving late at occassions due to my wife's delays.

I tried some techniques like making sure she takes her bath on time & before me, reducing our expected time of arrival eg telling her 8am when the events actually starts by 9am...but havent made much progress.

I humbly requests for advice / tips from the married men in the house on how i can ensure i carry my wife along and attend functions/church services at the correct time without a quarrel.

unfortunately, you cannot do anything about this.
i am certain there's a certain strand in a woman's DNA that prevents her from being time conscious. women would always take the piss with time. your wife is perfectly normal - ask your colleagues what they are going through as well, you would be pleasantly surprised is the same everywhere. the only way to it is getting prepared far earlier than schedule. if you want to get to a social function by 4pm, start preparing by 10am.
Re: Married Men, I Need Urgent Advise !!! by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jan 21, 2013

Gbam
It works
My father did it to my mom quite a few times when we were kids and she shortened her dressing time by force
Sometimes he turned around to come pick her and sometimes he didn't
It made me sad though when we returned to see my mom sad for being left behind
Re: Married Men, I Need Urgent Advise !!! by mazaje(m): 8:22am On Jan 22, 2013
Leave her behind, it works like magic. . .My step dad used to warn my mum sternly about her lateness(she was always late). . .There was a time he left her behind for a very important occasion because she wasted a lot of time, she never believe he was ever going to leave her behind but he did. . .After that he made it clear, get dressed on time or I will leave without you. . .Since then till today my mum tries her very best never to be late when ever they are going out. . .There was a time not long ago she was late and he left without her. . .My ex also had a habit of being late, she will try 3 different dresses on before finally choosing the one to wear sometimes. . .I tolerated her for a while, when I could bear it no longer I started leaving her behind and it stopped immediately. . I Left her behind 3 times and the lateness ended. . .
Re: Married Men, I Need Urgent Advise !!! by obicentlis: 9:05am On Jan 22, 2013
There are some women that You will leave behind and you will get the worst side of her at home.
@op, You alone knowS your wife's temperament. Check it what will happen if you leave her behind, if she will be remorseful abt her lateness then do it but if it will add salt to injury, then plan ya events ahead of time.
Re: Married Men, I Need Urgent Advise !!! by Nobody: 10:45am On Jan 22, 2013
You've said it all, @op dis will work magic, just try it
Re: Married Men, I Need Urgent Advise !!! by pyramid777(m): 3:23pm On Jan 22, 2013
Thanks guyz / ladies....

Any other Opinions / tips ?
Re: Married Men, I Need Urgent Advise !!! by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jan 22, 2013
1. Give her at least 2 hrs advance time. E.g if the meeting is for 2, tell her it's 12.
2. Get ready yourself, go outside and start the Car . . . keep it running. It'll give her the impression that you are about to leave her and make her hurry up.
3. Help he with things. E.g . . pick out her clothes, help her get the baby ready (if you have one), help her do some chores while she dresses. Some men just wake up and get dressed while wifey runs around the house trying to get everything and herself ready on time.
4. Try telling her calmly how her attitude annoys you.

I honestly don't know why people make it a habit f being late. I'm a woman myself and (not to boast) I always get ready on time. Most times I get ready before my hubby cos I wake up earlier knowing I have the baby to get ready as well!

I think it all boils down to discipline . . . undecided
Re: Married Men, I Need Urgent Advise !!! by EfemenaXY: 4:00pm On Jan 22, 2013
It's all about organization.

@poster, get your wife...no, you do this for her...set her watch 1 hour early.

Might work smiley
Re: Married Men, I Need Urgent Advise !!! by coogar: 4:01pm On Jan 22, 2013
Ujujoan: 1. Give her at least 2 hrs advance time. E.g if the meeting is for 2, tell her it's 12.
2. Get ready yourself, go outside and start the Car . . . keep it running. It'll give her the impression that you are about to leave her and make her hurry up.
3. Help he with things. E.g . . pick out her clothes, help her get the baby ready (if you have one), help her do some chores while she dresses. Some men just wake up and get dressed while wifey runs around the house trying to get everything and herself ready on time.

I honestly don't know why people make it a habit f being late. I'm a woman myself and (not to boast) I always get ready on time. Most times I get ready before my hubby cos I wake up earlier knowing I have the baby to get ready as well!

i put it to you that you are lying......
the average nigerian woman spends 45 mins in the bathroom, 30 mins to get dressed and another 40 mins to make-up. my pet peeve is that horrible pencil they use to line the eyes. you people have turned to plastic surgeons in your bid to look good. men don't really pay attention to all these nonsense. they are only interested in the "other features". women, stop wasting "our" time!!! grin
Re: Married Men, I Need Urgent Advise !!! by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jan 22, 2013
coogar:

the average nigerian woman spends 45 mins in the bathroom, 30 mins to get dressed and another 40 mins to make-up. my pet peeve is that horrible pencil they use to line the eyes. you people have turned to surgeons in your bid to look good. men don't really pay attention to all these nonsense. they are only interested in the "other features". women, stop wasting "our" time!!! grin

Well, you can believe what you want.
I'm definitely not a make up person. My husband likes it when I make up so most of my make up is done on the go, in the car. It consists of light brown powder, lipstick/gloss and sometimes eye shadow. No drawing of looong eye pencil of anything funny!
I don't tie gele to church, I don't tie wrapper or wear really difficult attires.
I can get ready in 20 mins or less once I have my closet picked out (which I always do waaaay ahead of time).
Even if I'm going for a 'special' occasion, one that requires all the props, I always start getting dressed waaaaaay ahead of time.
Like I said, it's all about discipline. I grew up in a house where going late was a taboo. If you don't get ready for school run, you'll be trekking to school that day. My dad was an early bird so I was ALWAYS the first to get to school. If anyone manages to come before me, my whole day will be ruined. cheesy cheesy
I'm sorry to break your heart honey, but not all women are late birds! cool cool

1 Like

Re: Married Men, I Need Urgent Advise !!! by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jan 22, 2013
I can't believe people are sugeesting leaving her behind!
She's his wife, not some 10-year old! angry angry
Re: Married Men, I Need Urgent Advise !!! by nobniger: 4:30pm On Jan 22, 2013
"You've seen how your mom and I leave over the years, use the differences you may have to your advantage and always show love". That was my dad's advice when he visited us 7yrs ago before our honeymoon. My advice to you will be, show her lots of love and respect in whatever way you strategise this, it works like margic. Anger does not work, it just greats tension. I know its a cultural thing but, helping a little around the house is not a sign of weakness,in that way, she'll get lots of rest and I wish you well.
Re: Married Men, I Need Urgent Advise !!! by BABE3: 5:14pm On Jan 22, 2013
coogar:

the average nigerian woman spends 45 mins in the bathroom, 30 mins to get dressed and another 40 mins to make-up. my pet peeve is that horrible pencil they use to line the eyes. you people have turned to plastic surgeons in your bid to look good. men don't really pay attention to all these nonsense. they are only interested in the "other features". women, stop wasting "our" time!!! grin

You don't like eye pencil ?? Your pet peeve ?
Re: Married Men, I Need Urgent Advise !!! by dayokanu(m): 5:43pm On Jan 22, 2013
Go for events separately
Re: Married Men, I Need Urgent Advise !!! by coogar: 5:43pm On Jan 22, 2013
BABE!:

You don't like eye pencil ?? Your pet peeve ?

i hate it more than i hate satan!
Re: Married Men, I Need Urgent Advise !!! by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jan 22, 2013
Leave her behind jare.
Re: Married Men, I Need Urgent Advise !!! by BABE3: 5:48pm On Jan 22, 2013
coogar:

i hate it more than i hate satan!

You lie!! You can't even say that with a straight face. You love it more than sèx!
Re: Married Men, I Need Urgent Advise !!! by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jan 22, 2013
Ujujoan: 1. Give her at least 2 hrs advance time. E.g if the meeting is for 2, tell her it's 12.

Please don't take any advice from this post.

Women are usually very horrible at giving advice concerning other women. The behaviour persists because it is rewarded.

Leave her at home a few times and she'll 'get with the program'. Women are just like little babies and need a little 'iron hand' from time to time.

3 Likes

Re: Married Men, I Need Urgent Advise !!! by dayokanu(m): 6:09pm On Jan 22, 2013
Richfella:

Please don't take any advice from this post.

Women are usually very horrible at giving advice concerning other women. The behaviour persists because it is rewarded.

Leave her at home a few times and she'll 'get with the program'. Women are just like little babies and need a little 'iron hand' from time to time.

Exactly one of my favourite quote is "Never reward bad behaviour".

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos: The Father/Daughter Kiss That's Got People Talking / A Child’s First Birthday – For The Kids Or The Adults ? / Serious Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.