Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,275 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:23 AM

Main Reason Why Church Members Are Not Blessed After Tithe But Pastors Are Rich - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Main Reason Why Church Members Are Not Blessed After Tithe But Pastors Are Rich (1340 Views)

Most Nigerian Pastors Are Fake, Not Called By God – Oritsejafor / “These Top Nigerian Pastors Are Candidates Of Hell Fire” – 7rys Old Girl. / "First-Fruits": Pastors Are Planning A Major Robbery In January (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Main Reason Why Church Members Are Not Blessed After Tithe But Pastors Are Rich by dfav: 11:34am On Jan 21, 2013
I came across a scripture in the Bible that shows me why church members are suffering after paying their tithes; but the pastors are rich buying private jets; exotic cars etcs.

I call it "GIVING A-MISS"

Before last week; i was told by Nigerian pastors that bring 100% of your tithe (which is 10% of your income) to the church (Pastor) according to Malachi 3 vs 10.

No problem; but the question that was always boiling in my mind is; SHOULD THE PASTOR ONLY COLLECT THE 100% of the tithe?

most pastors will tell u that just give it; whatever the church (Pastor) does with it is not your concern.

But I found this in the same Bible: Deuteronomy Chapter 14 vs 22-29; especially vs 28-29 (below)

28 At the end of three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year, and shalt lay it up within thy gates:

29 And the Levite, (because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee,) and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, shall come, and shall eat and be satisfied; that the LORD thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest.

So; from the above passage; we are met (not the pastor to do it for us); to take some percentage of our tithe to the Orphanage homes; the old peoples homes; give to the beggers on the street; then give the other remaining percentage to the church ( Levite who is the pastor).

I think is one of the reasons why church members are not blessed by God after tithing because they are not obeying the Tithe law according to the Bible but are obeying the pastors voice (esp. Nigerian pastor) that will collect the 100% while the poor are suffering around them.

Nairaland christians what do you think
Re: Main Reason Why Church Members Are Not Blessed After Tithe But Pastors Are Rich by buJu234: 11:46am On Jan 21, 2013
nice pt
Re: Main Reason Why Church Members Are Not Blessed After Tithe But Pastors Are Rich by EvilBrain1(m): 12:05pm On Jan 21, 2013
OP should be very careful. He's jeopardizing the future cash-flow of countless churches and pastors with this tirade of his.

Expect the pastor and their sock-puppets to descend on this thread and either attack OP or start explaining why we shouldn't listen to him and instead give them all our money.
Re: Main Reason Why Church Members Are Not Blessed After Tithe But Pastors Are Rich by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jan 21, 2013
dfav: I came across a scripture in the Bible that shows me why church members are suffering after paying their tithes; but the pastors are rich buying private jets; exotic cars etcs.

I call it "GIVING A-MISS"

Before last week; i was told by Nigerian pastors that bring 100% of your tithe (which is 10% of your income) to the church (Pastor) according to Malachi 3 vs 10.

No problem; but the question that was always boiling in my mind is; SHOULD THE PASTOR ONLY COLLECT THE 100% of the tithe?

most pastors will tell u that just give it; whatever the church (Pastor) does with it is not your concern.

But I found this in the same Bible: Deuteronomy Chapter 14 vs 22-29; especially vs 28-29 (below)

28 At the end of three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year, and shalt lay it up within thy gates:

29 And the Levite, (because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee,) and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, shall come, and shall eat and be satisfied; that the LORD thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest.

So; from the above passage; we are met (not the pastor to do it for us); to take some percentage of our tithe to the Orphanage homes; the old peoples homes; give to the beggers on the street; then give the other remaining percentage to the church ( Levite who is the pastor).

I think is one of the reasons why church members are not blessed by God after tithing because they are not obeying the Tithe law according to the Bible but are obeying the pastors voice (esp. Nigerian pastor) that will collect the 100% while the poor are suffering around them.

Nairaland christians what do you think

I agree with you almost totally , but the pastor is not a Levite .

The Levite priesthood is over and now fulfilled in Jesus.

In fact , we are all priests.

"But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light." - 1 Peter 2:9
Re: Main Reason Why Church Members Are Not Blessed After Tithe But Pastors Are Rich by dfav: 12:28pm On Jan 21, 2013
thanks brothers & sisters for your replies...

I think its high time we study the bible for our selves and stop letting the Mr Pastor ( Bishop; Rev. etc) explain to us whats suit their thinking and not the Bible.

Even Jesus said to the rich man if u want to follow me; Go and sell ur properties and follow me ; please dont get me wrong ooo am not saying that the pastor should be naked ooo..

But is it only pastor pastor etc collecting the money into his bank accounts... while there are millions of church members who cant even eat etc. and he tells them to live by faith that their rewards is in heaven; they shouldnt mind worldly things...

Helping the poor is the main gospel of Jesus and the apostles...

More comments are welcome
Re: Main Reason Why Church Members Are Not Blessed After Tithe But Pastors Are Rich by Enigma(m): 1:00pm On Jan 21, 2013
dfav: . . . . More comments are welcome

As you said, the Old Testament required that (some) tithes be shared with widows, orphans etc --- in other words with the needy. Similarly, the Old Testament says that he who lends to the needy lends to God.

All of these is mirrored when Jesus taught that helping the needy, the homeless, the prisoner, those in need of clothing etc ---- is giving to God.

We should therefore be wary of manipulative false teachings saying that only giving to pastors will bring a "harvest". Such teaching is oftrn couched in nice sounding but poisonous soundbites like: "the 'anointing' into which you sow determines the size of your harvest".
Re: Main Reason Why Church Members Are Not Blessed After Tithe But Pastors Are Rich by ichuka(m): 2:07pm On Jan 21, 2013
For God so *LOVED* the world that He *GAVE*..Jhn3:16.
Any form of GIVING that's not born out of genuine LOVE is a complete waste of time/resources.
Re: Main Reason Why Church Members Are Not Blessed After Tithe But Pastors Are Rich by buJu234: 3:00pm On Jan 21, 2013
@ I.Chuka

And the Bible said in First John.

HOW CAN A MAN SAY HE LOVES GOD WHOM HE CANT SEE; WHEN HE DOESNT LOVE HIS PHYSICAL BROTHER....

Best way to prove that you love your brother is to give to them...

In Matthew; Jesus said;
AND THEY WILL TELL ME LORD LORD; WHEN WAS YOU IN THE HOSPITAL, SICK THAT WE DIDNT COME TO VISIT; & JESUS ANSWERED THEN SINCE YOU REFUSED TO DO IT TO
THY BROTHER WHOM IS SICK; BEGGING THAT HAVE NOT DONE IT TO ME....

If the church esp. the Nigerian church said they really love; what have they done to the Motherless babes home? to the flood victims etc...

A pastor has 2-3 private jets for evangelism while there are millions who are hungry... which is a better way for evangelism.... Feed the poor or fly the Jet
Re: Main Reason Why Church Members Are Not Blessed After Tithe But Pastors Are Rich by Nobody: 3:54am On Jan 22, 2013
buJu-234:
@ I.Chuka

And the Bible said in First John.

HOW CAN A MAN SAY HE LOVES GOD WHOM HE CANT SEE; WHEN HE DOESNT LOVE HIS PHYSICAL BROTHER....

Best way to prove that you love your brother is to give to them...

In Matthew; Jesus said;
AND THEY WILL TELL ME LORD LORD; WHEN WAS YOU IN THE HOSPITAL, SICK THAT WE DIDNT COME TO VISIT; & JESUS ANSWERED THEN SINCE YOU REFUSED TO DO IT TO
THY BROTHER WHOM IS SICK; BEGGING THAT HAVE NOT DONE IT TO ME....

If the church esp. the Nigerian church said they really love; what have they done to the Motherless babes home? to the flood victims etc...

A pastor has 2-3 private jets for evangelism while there are millions who are hungry... which is a better way for evangelism.... Feed the poor or fly the Jet

true talk

(1) (Reply)

Who Really Rules The World? / Manfrommars Chronicles 1 / Jehovah's Witnesses And War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.