Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,989 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Governor Fashola, Pls Help Lift This Ban!!! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Governor Fashola, Pls Help Lift This Ban!!! (839 Views)

Ban Air France From Nigeria Now! / Fashola Commissions Tejuosho Market / Fashola, Dangote, Obi Others At Access Bank's Christmas Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Fashola, Pls Help Lift This Ban!!! by bolorunfem(f): 4:15pm On Jan 21, 2013
Sequel to the ban on okadas in Lagos State, I felt the urge to alleviate the suffering of my people in my own little way and at the same time do some cool business, I recently bought a keke Marwa for a hire-purchase arrangement. Keke is on ground and a driver is readily available with agreement drawn and everything set. Alas, I could not get the keke registered/numbered as a result of the state government's ban on okada. It was made known that okadas and kekes use the same number plates and therefore the ban is affecting Marwa also. Who in the house knows when the ban will be lifted for Keke Marwa please? I spent close to N400,000 on the purchase and the keke is parked at my house, idle! What manner of "..........government for the people is this"? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked cry cry
Re: Governor Fashola, Pls Help Lift This Ban!!! by fm7070: 3:12pm On Jan 22, 2013
something must be wrong somewhere. motorcycle is different from tri-cycle.
make wider consultation, you will find a solution.
Re: Governor Fashola, Pls Help Lift This Ban!!! by bolorunfem(f): 2:21pm On Jan 23, 2013
Thank you fm7070, the only seemingly positive response I've got is that the ban (on keke)might be lifted this month end. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. undecided
Re: Governor Fashola, Pls Help Lift This Ban!!! by delgroveng(m): 5:26am On Jan 24, 2013
Interesting ...all along i having been pushing for sales in Lagos of tricycles i export to Nigeria. Not knowing it's under ban. Then how have people been coping since the advent ban of Okada in Lagos state?
If u are in other parts of Nigeria, we offer finance and technical support to Micro-finance bank in tricycle procurement for leasing purposes
Re: Governor Fashola, Pls Help Lift This Ban!!! by bolorunfem(f): 9:04am On Jan 29, 2013
delgroveng: Interesting ...all along i having been pushing for sales in Lagos of tricycles i export to Nigeria. Not knowing it's under ban. Then how have people been coping since the advent ban of Okada in Lagos state?
If u are in other parts of Nigeria, we offer finance and technical support to Micro-finance bank in tricycle procurement for leasing purposes

For now, the ban is temporary. One does not even know what to believe again, some people say same fate that befell okada will soon be the portion of keke while some others say Fashola intends to introduce his own kekes massively to replace okada (that might be true considering the limitations he's placing on existing kekes - he's already placed restrictions on their routes).

(1) (Reply)

Oil And Gas:how To Start A Filling Station / . / Cheapest Bulk Sms Portal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.