Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,967 members, 7,863,446 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:53 PM

Nigeria-burkina Faso And Osaze's Comments - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria-burkina Faso And Osaze's Comments (865 Views)

Woman Defrauds Osaze Of £70000 / Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans / Zambia, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia - AFCON 2013 Group C (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria-burkina Faso And Osaze's Comments by trojanjeremy: 9:23pm On Jan 21, 2013
The match started well for the ambitious eagles side, so determined to get all three points. The 1st half encounter ended on a brilliant note with those brilliant string of passes nicely put past the Bur goalie by Emenike.
But in the 2nd half a lot of things went wrong and those foolish(as you guys called them) tweets by Osaze came to mind.
-The game was not it for the eagles in the 2nd half and there was no meaningful change by the coach who foolishly left Moses on the bench throughout the whole encounter.
-Players were becoming physical during the game a lot of fouls being committed and cards flashing through the air as appropriate but Keshi just watched on!
-Efe Ambrose was red-carded fifteen minutes to the end of the game(as usual) leaving our glorious eagles with 10men. That was the time my super eagles decided to start charging after all their energy have been expended against the physical burkina side. The captain just didn't take charge when I expected him to but just tried to enjoy the game (or whatever was in his head)
To cut the long story short; Osaze said it all, we've got no captain and no one to give the coach the right advise (as that is disrespect).
I give kudos to J.O Mikel and V. Enyeama who both tried to help out with the captains job!
I hope we learn our lesson!!!
Re: Nigeria-burkina Faso And Osaze's Comments by trojanjeremy: 9:26pm On Jan 21, 2013
Pardon all the grammatical blunders abeg! My smart phone does not have a smart screen *smiles

1 Like

Re: Nigeria-burkina Faso And Osaze's Comments by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jan 21, 2013
The eagles have nothing to complain about or nobody to blame for the disappointing result,yes there were bad passes and a bit of lack of coordination at the defence,misses that should,ve been converted,changes from the bench that should,ve been done,unnecessary tackles but c'mon.this is football.

Osaze would,nt have solved any problem in that team..To hell with him.its only a foolish coach that,ll take him to the nations cup.he is a brilliant player but he,ll simply cause more chaos in the team,he is a bad influence period.let him score goals at west brom,they need him more,if he has got some spare time,let him stay at home and baby sit his new born baby boy.
Re: Nigeria-burkina Faso And Osaze's Comments by mumumugu(m): 9:56pm On Jan 21, 2013
Osaze isnt a better captain
Re: Nigeria-burkina Faso And Osaze's Comments by Goodcare(m): 10:02pm On Jan 21, 2013
trojanjeremy: Pardon all the grammatical blunders abeg! My smart phone does not have a smart screen *smiles
I think is good to send the forum link than to assist ur brother for this grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria-burkina Faso And Osaze's Comments by trojanjeremy: 10:06pm On Jan 21, 2013
gbosaa: The eagles have nothing to complain about or nobody to blame for the disappointing result,yes there were bad passes and a bit of lack of coordination at the defence,misses that should,ve been converted,changes from the bench that should,ve been done,unnecessary tackles but c'mon.this is football.

Osaze would,nt have solved any problem in that team..To hell with him.its only a foolish coach that,ll take him to the nations cup.he is a brilliant player but he,ll simply cause more chaos in the team,he is a bad influence period.let him score goals at west brom,they need him more,if he has got some spare time,let him stay at home and baby sit his new born baby boy.
nah! I didn't mean he should have been taking along with the squad! Nope. My post is more about the comments he made not the player himself!
Re: Nigeria-burkina Faso And Osaze's Comments by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jan 21, 2013
mumumugu: Osaze isnt a better captain

Well said,i wonder when people will get over this osaze issue.His character sucks.He is a bit of Edris Abdulkareem.Out spoken,passionate,talented but full of stupidity.always has something to say but always vent his anger and frustrations at the wrong time and at the wrong people who has done nothing to him.

He should stop whinging like a spoilt baby,let him concentrate on his football and channel his grievances maturely and as a professional.

Yobo and other ex footballers who have been privileged to wear the captains arm band for the eagles do not warrant the childish and silly tirades against them from your pampered baby osaze...to hell with him.
Re: Nigeria-burkina Faso And Osaze's Comments by trojanjeremy: 10:15pm On Jan 21, 2013
gbosaa:

Well said,i wonder when people will get over this osaze issue.His character sucks.He is a bit of Edris Abdulkareem.Out spoken,passionate,talented but full of stupidity.always has something to say but always vent his anger and frustrations at the wrong time and at the wrong people who has done nothing to him.

He should stop whinging like a spoilt baby,let him concentrate on his football and channel his grievances maturely and as a professional.

Yobo and other ex footballers who have been privileged to wear the captains arm band for the eagles do not warrant the childish and silly tirades against them from your pampered baby osaze...to hell with him.
right! I'm just saying we should listen to him and draw the sense from his senselessness! He wasn't drunk when he tweeted all those things, was he? Even if he was we should consider his utterances at least. Or don't you think so?
Re: Nigeria-burkina Faso And Osaze's Comments by kudiice(m): 10:23pm On Jan 21, 2013
Osaze is kinda ryt though! Moses shuld hav been introduced cos he is mre physical than Kalu. Also,left bak was leakin, I wonder wat da defender was goin central for.Yobo shuld hav also tried to urge his players to get mre physical. Gud game though! But we wuld av done beta. Hop da defence will be mre clinical nxt tym!
Re: Nigeria-burkina Faso And Osaze's Comments by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jan 21, 2013
trojanjeremy: nah! I didn't mean he should have been taking along with the squad! Nope. My post is more about the comments he made not the player himself!

How about osaze making attempt to call some of his colleagues especially people like yobo and try to address some of the issues bothering him about the national team.He is not a good leader and doesnt possess any leadership qualities so shouldnt be criticising others.
Re: Nigeria-burkina Faso And Osaze's Comments by kudiice(m): 10:32pm On Jan 21, 2013
gbosaa:

How about osaze making attempt to call some of his colleagues especially people like yobo and try to address some of the issues bothering him about the national team.He is not a good leader and doesnt possess any leadership qualities so shouldnt be criticising others.
U must not be a leader to knw da qualities of one! Osaze is just speakin his thoughts! Freedom of expressoin last I remember. Let him hav his say oh! Left for da Eagles to accept or not!
Re: Nigeria-burkina Faso And Osaze's Comments by trojanjeremy: 10:37pm On Jan 21, 2013
gbosaa:

you gotta point there. But a leader should also listen to criticism no matter where they come from or how they come. Yobo's press statement about Osaze's comment left much to be desired too.
Re: Nigeria-burkina Faso And Osaze's Comments by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jan 21, 2013
trojanjeremy: right! I'm just saying we should listen to him and draw the sense from his senselessness! He wasn't drunk when he tweeted all those things, was he? Even if he was we should consider his utterances at least. Or don't you think so?

His twitterings were childish and silly.I was more disappointed by that than by any of his outbursts.Osaze is a very good player but need to learn how to address certain issues,He wouldnt do that in his present team west brom.Rooney or Ferdinand for whatever reasons wouldnt go to tweets about the three lions.There just wouldnt do that.

Osaze disappointed big time,he was even ranting against a fake victor ikpeba exchanging banters with the impostor.how low can someone of his pedigree descend,NFF has got a lot to do,national team handlers have got a huge task in their hands,Osaze should express himself but not like a tout.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria-burkina Faso And Osaze's Comments by Nobody: 10:08am On Jan 22, 2013
Nonsense!!

Osaze was in the 2010 world cup in south africa.

Where did 'advising the coach' get us?

First round exit! grin
Re: Nigeria-burkina Faso And Osaze's Comments by MrTAnonymous(m): 10:15am On Jan 22, 2013
trojanjeremy: The match started well for the ambitious eagles side, so determined to get all three points. The 1st half encounter ended on a brilliant note with those brilliant string of passes nicely put past the Bur goalie by Emenike.
But in the 2nd half a lot of things went wrong and those foolish(as you guys called them) tweets by Osaze came to mind.
-The game was not it for the eagles in the 2nd half and there was no meaningful change by the coach who foolishly left Moses on the bench throughout the whole encounter.
-Players were becoming physical during the game a lot of fouls being committed and cards flashing through the air as appropriate but Keshi just watched on!
-Efe Ambrose was red-carded fifteen minutes to the end of the game(as usual) leaving our glorious eagles with 10men. That was the time my super eagles decided to start charging after all their energy have been expended against the physical burkina side. The captain just didn't take charge when I expected him to but just tried to enjoy the game (or whatever was in his head)
To cut the long story short; Osaze said it all, we've got no captain and no one to give the coach the right advise (as that is disrespect).
I give kudos to J.O Mikel and V. Enyeama who both tried to help out with the captains job!
I hope we learn our lesson!!!
we couldn't play counter attack yterday all bcoz of our attackers were 2 sluggish if Osaze played or even Anichebe,d game would have been different,quote me!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Team Nigeria Wins 1st African Youth Athletic Championships "Warri 2013" / Chelsea FC - Abramovich Rejects Emenalo's Resignation / Congratulations To Theo Walcott Who Got Married Last Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.