Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,545 members, 7,823,390 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. (9443 Views)

Help! Friends, Family & Former School Mates From Nig Are Killing Me With Demands / My Wahala With WAKANOW.COM And Ethiopian Airwways / Please, How Reliable Is Wakanow.com? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. by Godson201333(m): 7:46am On Aug 15, 2013
Wakanow has fallen,BAD customer care service,Rude people,if you call them to help you search for flights,They dont even know some airport codes like CDG!All they know is pay on line....Waka run ooo!!
Re: Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. by justwise(m): 7:47am On Aug 15, 2013
flynbird: JUST WISE PLEASE HELP!!! Is wakanow.com scam? I paid for a flight on monday and called them. They said they were going to contact me but till today I have had no call from them. Does it take them this long to respond or are they scam?

^^^^^^^^^^
nellspice: Dear Justwise, Fitty and all,

Thank you for bringing these issues to our notice. With the autoticketing feature, most of these issues have now been resolved. However, we are working very hard to ensure that we constantly deliver the same seamless, above-board service you have come to know and trust us for.

Why not use this opportunity to answer the poster (flynbird) above?
Re: Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. by Godson201333(m): 7:47am On Aug 15, 2013
flynbird:
That's what I'll do. I'm in Ibadan but I'll travel to lagos soon. I just want to know from anyone who has ever used their service before if it takes them this long to respond.

Please locate their office sharp sharp before its too late,You are suppose to receive your ticket instantly,The more you delay you might hear another story ooo solve this between today and tommorow!
Re: Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. by flynbird(f): 8:05am On Aug 15, 2013
I wish I never used their service. I've wasted my credit calling them. I've re-sent emails countless times but they have not replied me. One of their agent said she will call me back but up till now she hasn't. Another agent dropped my call after I had spent 20minutes and wasted my airtime. I just wished I never used them sad
Re: Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. by SirP1: 10:18am On Aug 15, 2013
flynbird: I wish I never used their service. I've wasted my credit calling them. I've re-sent emails countless times but they have not replied me. One of their agent said she will call me back but up till now she hasn't. Another agent dropped my call after I had spent 20minutes and wasted my airtime. I just wished I never used them sad

Go to their office and complain . I suspect a change in fare might have occurred and they'll demand you pay extra for the new fare , they're fond of doing that . I've never trusted them cos they eventually give the tickets to those that pay , but they're shady
Re: Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. by flynbird(f): 1:38pm On Aug 15, 2013
Sir P!:

Go to their office and complain . I suspect a change in fare might have occurred and they'll demand you pay extra for the new fare , they're fond of doing that . I've never trusted them cos they eventually give the tickets to those that pay , but they're shady
YOU ARE RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. by flynbird(f): 1:47pm On Aug 15, 2013
WAKANOW.COM IS NOTHING BUT SCAM!!!!. i just had to buy credit on my phone now and gave them a lengthy call, and guess what? they told me my booking has been cancelled and i should pay an extra 39,000 to get another date. They said my booking was unattended to and that its either i pay the 39,000 or i'm left with other airline options of 400,000 upwards.
Now what excuse does Wakanow have for a customer who made a flight booking on Monday and made the payments on Monday and immediately i left the bank i called them and the agent confirmed the payment all on the same day. Now i heard nothing from them after 3days and then they tell me my booking was cancelled for no reason and i am to pay an extra 39,000........
WAKANOW.COM IS NOTHING BUT A SCAM SITE/COMPANY!!!.... Whoever has dealt with them before is lucky he/she got what he/she wanted but pls and pls dont use them again.. i repeat DONT use them again!!!!
Re: Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. by nellspice(f): 1:54pm On Aug 15, 2013
flynbird: JUST WISE PLEASE HELP!!! Is wakanow.com scam? I paid for a flight on monday and called them. They said they were going to contact me but till today I have had no call from them. Does it take them this long to respond or are they scam?

Hello Flynbird, that's very odd. Can you write what your pnr is so we can trace your booking. Also please state your full names, email and number. Thank you.
Re: Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. by SirP1: 2:01pm On Aug 15, 2013
flynbird: WAKANOW.COM IS NOTHING BUT SCAM!!!!. i just had to buy credit on my phone now and gave them a lengthy call, and guess what? they told me my booking has been cancelled and i should pay an extra 39,000 to get another date. They said my booking was unattended to and that its either i pay the 39,000 or i'm left with other airline options of 400,000 upwards.
Now what excuse does Wakanow have for a customer who made a flight booking on Monday and made the payments on Monday and immediately i left the bank i called them and the agent confirmed the payment all on the same day. Now i heard nothing from them after 3days and then they tell me my booking was cancelled for no reason and i am to pay an extra 39,000........
WAKANOW.COM IS NOTHING BUT A SCAM SITE/COMPANY!!!.... Whoever has dealt with them before is lucky he/she got what he/she wanted but pls and pls dont use them again.. i repeat DONT use them again!!!!

Just as I suspected, sorry ms . Are you gonna go ahead and pay the 39k ?
Re: Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. by flynbird(f): 2:04pm On Aug 15, 2013
nellspice:

Hello Flynbird, that's very odd. Can you write what your pnr is so we can trace your booking. Also please state your full names, email and number. Thank you.
SHUT UP!!!! angry angry angryYOU ARE NOTHING BUT SCAM!!! Justwise please ban whoever this is user ID....
Re: Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. by SirP1: 2:10pm On Aug 15, 2013
Flynbird , seems they've boxed you in a corner , silly people . In the airline industry such things happen , even dealing with the airline directly sometimes has issues . But the bad thing is them not communicating , does it mean if you didn't call they'll keep mute , poor service . A decent travel agent / airline should call / send an email right away
Re: Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. by Upeace: 11:07pm On Aug 15, 2013
C'mon guys. I'm not agreeing with how Wakanow handle issues, BUT, we know how we as Nigerians are still atempting customer service. Instead of rubbishing them all the time, how about demanding rectification, giving suggestions instead of screaming 419, Scam etc. all the time. Enough people use the service and are satisfied, Wakanow is clearly not 419. Use the forum/social media to air your grieveance, but don't make a hard operating environment even harder for those that are trying to make things easier for the masses. For the most part, Wakanow are making an industry that is plagued with excess charges and bad service more transparent to we the consumers. Let's try and help them make Nigeria a better place. Let's be honest, they are not fraudsters, but seem to be struggling in the customer service area. Let's help them by alerting them of every problem instead of screaming 419 all the time.
Re: Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. by Godson201333(m): 8:21am On Aug 16, 2013
flynbird: WAKANOW.COM IS NOTHING BUT SCAM!!!!. i just had to buy credit on my phone now and gave them a lengthy call, and guess what? they told me my booking has been cancelled and i should pay an extra 39,000 to get another date. They said my booking was unattended to and that its either i pay the 39,000 or i'm left with other airline options of 400,000 upwards.

I feel for you and i am very sorry,why dont you just tell them to give you your money back,If i were you i wouldn't be fooled twice by paying that extra money.Next time do researches of airline for yourself and do not rely on those stupid agents.
Re: Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. by Surestboyxxx: 11:17am On Aug 16, 2013
WAKANOW.COM ARE UNRELIABLE...THEY JUST CANCELLED MY BOOKING WITHOUT EVEN NOTIFYING ME. I SPENT ABOUT 12 MINS ON PHONE WITH THEM FEW MINS AGO AND STILL NO SOLUTION BUT RATHER I WAS TOLD THAT THEY WILL CALL ME BACK.STILL WAITING FOR THE CALL .MY BIGGEST CHALLENGE IS THAT, I PLANNED TO TRAVEL TOMORROW. WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW NOW
Re: Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. by Upeace: 4:38pm On Aug 16, 2013
Now, I smell a big rat. My post is neither insultive nor antagonistic. If you are a competitor or have personal beef with Wakanow shroudedly airing it here is not such a good idea. But to the person who genuinely does have an issue, persist, go to their office(s), send them email and please post the result. I did have an issue with Wakanow, and they genuinely did everything they could to resolve it. There are other online agencies such as Travelstart, I haven't used them but will to compare service and overall value for money. Good luck! Don't promote hatred for people like me who believe in the advancement of Nigeria and Nigerian companies, let's do our bit.
Re: Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. by justwise(m): 4:48pm On Aug 16, 2013
Upeace: Now, I smell a big rat. My post is neither insultive nor antagonistic. If you are a competitor or have personal beef with Wakanow shroudedly airing it here is not such a good idea. But to the person who genuinely does have an issue, persist, go to their office(s), send them email and please post the result. I did have an issue with Wakanow, and they genuinely did everything they could to resolve it. There are other online agencies such as Travelstart, I haven't used them but will to compare service and overall value for money. Good luck! Don't promote hatred for people like me who believe in the advancement of Nigeria and Nigerian companies, let's do our bit.

That does not make sense, don't render bad services to people and expect them to support you, i will patronize any company that renders me good service Nigerian or not.

1 Like

Re: Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. by flynbird(f): 5:47pm On Aug 16, 2013
Surestboyxxx: WAKANOW.COM ARE UNRELIABLE...THEY JUST CANCELLED MY BOOKING WITHOUT EVEN NOTIFYING ME. I SPENT ABOUT 12 MINS ON PHONE WITH THEM FEW MINS AGO AND STILL NO SOLUTION BUT RATHER I WAS TOLD THAT THEY WILL CALL ME BACK.STILL WAITING FOR THE CALL .MY BIGGEST CHALLENGE IS THAT, I PLANNED TO TRAVEL TOMORROW. WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW NOW

Your're another victim just like me. Now everyone can see what i've been talking about
Re: Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. by texaco1: 4:39pm On Aug 17, 2013
flynbird:

Your're another victim just like me. Now everyone can see what i've been talking about
This wakanow issue is really getting serious
Re: Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. by Tassembly(m): 2:11pm On Aug 18, 2013
Most of you complaining here,i don't get it,i have been using wakanow for the past 3years and have booked more than 40 tickets for my clients through wakanow. I have had no issues,i book for people regularly to US,uk, qatar,dubai, turkey and more,they have very low fees compare to other agents and even airlines,if you book directly from airline,its always expensive coz they've given licence already to booking agents like wakanow and others.to avoid isssues and as an agent,what i always do is this,i don't do the online thing myslf. what you suppose to do when you are booking anytime is always call them and make sure you ask for the name of the person you spoke with,let them book for you,they will send you booking details to your email immediately,also pay immediately,don't wait and don't delay payment,once you pay,tell them in bank to credit their account in your presence before leaving the bank.now call wakanow again and tell them to transfer to that same person to confirm your payment.your ticket will be issued within 30minute maximum if you always follow that step. Don't do the online booking yourself. They may claim they don't see it and that's why they didn't attend to it.they are not scam,they are real.i also book recently for my bro and his wife to US and i even book 2month ahead for cheap ticket and they fly that day without delay or restriction at airport

1 Like

Re: Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. by maxtum(m): 2:24pm On Aug 20, 2013
Tassembly: Most of you complaining here,i don't get it,i have been using wakanow for the past 3years and have booked more than 40 tickets for my clients through wakanow. I have had no issues,i book for people regularly to US,uk, qatar,dubai, turkey and more,they have very low fees compare to other agents and even airlines,if you book directly from airline,its always expensive coz they've given licence already to booking agents like wakanow and others.to avoid isssues and as an agent,what i always do is this,i don't do the online thing myslf. what you suppose to do when you are booking anytime is always call them and make sure you ask for the name of the person you spoke with,let them book for you,they will send you booking details to your email immediately,also pay immediately,don't wait and don't delay payment,once you pay,tell them in bank to credit their account in your presence before leaving the bank.now call wakanow again and tell them to transfer to that same person to confirm your payment.your ticket will be issued within 30minute maximum if you always follow that step. Don't do the online booking yourself. They may claim they don't see it and that's why they didn't attend to it.they are not scam,they are real.i also book recently for my bro and his wife to US and i even book 2month ahead for cheap ticket and they fly that day without delay or restriction at airport

I remember sometime ago, where i said....RUN WEN YOU SEE WAKANOW ADVERT...NOT TO TALK OF SIGHTING THERE BILLBOARD!!!

Wakanow have turned themselves/office into a scam office!! they are never to be trusted or have any dealing with!

As for TASSEMBLY: you wear army uniform when you go there office? or you know the oga of police? wetin make them fear you?

lol! wakarun oooo!
Re: Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. by maxtum(m): 7:01pm On Aug 20, 2013
SOMETHING NEW FROM WAKANOW!!! shocked grin

'To whom it may concern:

I received the most shocking news yesterday at work around 1pm. Just like any other Monday (19/8/13) I came to work reporting to my department (holiday’s unit) with my colleagues only to hear shocking news which was a result of an undergoing rumor for the past 3weeks. I started working at wakanow on the 20th of May 2013, as a fresh Graduate coming back into Nigeria from UK with my Masters Degree in International Tourism Management hoping to start my career with an online travel agency, unfortunately it has been my worst experience I must confess. I remember my first meeting with the MD; he mentioned something that always cross my mind which was “WHY DO EMPLOYESS ALWAYS COME AND LEAVE WAKANOW” well I believe I have the answer its “KOLA AJAYI” and his new partner you know yourself”.

From the period I started working at wakanow Mr Kola Ajayi has been harassing me with indirect messages, flirting and because I was not responding to all that, he has been threatening me with my job position. Harassment is something we know that can be taken to another level in the court of law but in this situation he spoke up first and I didn’t, I guess that’s the mistake I made. Am not writing this to get my position back I only want to inform my colleagues, the MD, DMD, HR MANAGER, OPERATIONS MANAGER and the future staffs of wakanow to know the corruptions going on in the company. Kola Ajayi asked me to resign out of frustration of not getting what he wanted from me and then sent KENNY (Kehinde T.) to follow up on his instruction with no concrete reason why I should leave my job. That’s exactly why I was dismissed. Its been nice working with you all. Have a nice day.

The harrassment, embarassment and constant fear needs to STOP! Stop intimidating people and threatening them with termination! Stop it!

Signed:

Frustrated Wakanow Staff

Source: http://www.stelladimokokorkus.com/2013/08/ex-wakacom-staff-chioma-mba-sends.html#more

1 Like

Re: Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. by babalo1: 4:13pm On Oct 23, 2013
This company is a huge scam please avoid doing any kind of bussiness with them at all cost
Re: Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. by aydj(m): 2:40am On May 20, 2015
fittty:
@nellspice

And what about customers who make bank deposits? You go mute, I repeat totally mute after payments and you let your customers do the frequent callings after payment. You need to upgrade your customer service. Its very poor!!!
One of the reasons why I am on this thread is to understand why many travelers in Nigeria still make direct bank deposits before they can book a flight; even when the travel agency is offering an online booking platform. I see no reason why after getting a quote from my travel agency, I will have to go ahead and make a direct bank deposit only to find out that the flight price has changed. And then you blame it on the travel agency. Nigerians need to start embracing and optimizing technology for efficient business processes. This is also important for many other travel agencies out there who do not have an online booking system for their customers to make an instant booking. There's a huge potential opportunity in this area of the business. Just my humble opinion!
Re: Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. by tvreporter: 2:24pm On Mar 16, 2016

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please How Can I Get Philippine Visa? / Agip Oil Pipeline Explodes In Obagi, Rivers State / Aviation Union Threatens To Nigeria Air Over Severance Package

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.