Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? (8086 Views)

Nigerian Ambassador To South Africa Hosts Super Eagles Team At His House. Pics / This Is How The Next Super Eagles Team Should Be / Man Dies Watching Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by kayLion(m): 9:13am On Jan 22, 2013
Hi all, sequel to this thread www.nairaland.com/1170471/not-being-able-watch-nigerias .

I was reading comments and laughing because as for me i have stopped watching Nigerian matches for a while now...Growing up, i had no choice than to accept Super Eagles cos popsy holds them high, also from a family dominated by boys, its football or nothing, i remember celebrating wildly JJ Okocha's equalizing freekick against Cameroun at 2004 Nations Cup, but fast forward 4years, Eguaveon led the Super Eagles to the nations cup, we lost at Quarter final (or was it Semi final) to Ivory coast, a debatable goal by Didier Drogba.

Eagles got home and what happened to Eguaveon?, he was promptly sacked..I for one find it ridiculous and since then, i have decided to ignore eagles and laugh at their failure...would love to know your views pls

1 Like

Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jan 22, 2013
WHO CARES TO WATCH THE DISORGANIZED FOOTBALL THEY PLAY NOWADAYS..... SERIOUSLY, I STOPPED WATCHING THEM AFTER DENMARK THRASHED US 4-1 COURTESY OF THEIR STRIKER SAND AND HAVING PETER RUFAI IN THE POST grin grin grin... THAT WAS LIKE 1998 0R SO.

IN OTHER NEWS, FIRST TO COMMENT..... MOD, I TAKE GOD BEG YOU, THIS IS MY FIRST TIME AND I WONT DO IT AGAIN cheesy cheesy cheesy
This is a new year gift for me! I am very grateful for this, mods.
I also thank my parents who have been in support of my Nairaland endeavors, through thick and thin; God bless.
To My friends who have always encouraged to keep commenting- both meaningful and the less meaningful ones with the hope of being "first to comment one day after trying for five years with seven different IDs" I say a hearty thank you.... Come over to my office in the evening for an after work mini party grin grin grin
Finally, I apologise to my baby girl for all my time Nairaland took instead of giving her attention undecided undecided undecided... As am first to comment today, I promise to spend less time here as I found that "elusive" opportunity of five years today cool cool cool

27 Likes

Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by vision2050: 2:28pm On Jan 22, 2013
since 1999
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by blackmale(m): 2:28pm On Jan 22, 2013
with passion i stopped 8 years ago,, but nowadays i watch it like playstation 2..

1 Like

Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by Eneze1(f): 2:28pm On Jan 22, 2013
since they have turn to disappointment, but actually I for one don't laugh at their failure, it still pricks my heart though to see them fail.

1 Like

Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by FKO1(m): 2:28pm On Jan 22, 2013
yesterday...for obvious reasons

1 Like

Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by vincent09(m): 2:30pm On Jan 22, 2013
Biaaa! Adiiminnnnnii! Why is this in the fronty pageeeey?
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by DrKlever(m): 2:31pm On Jan 22, 2013
nonsense. pours my ijebu into my old cup nd starts soaking. mtchewwwww
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by freecocoa(f): 2:31pm On Jan 22, 2013
E don tey so can't remember when exactly and I stopped cos they have nothing to offer.

I'd rather use that time to watch Barney and friends.

1 Like

Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by egat: 2:32pm On Jan 22, 2013
it has taid!..oh oh..sorry..it has taided i mean to say grin
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by momodub: 2:33pm On Jan 22, 2013
yesterday please
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jan 22, 2013
did you actually say you laugh at their failure ? smh.

2 Likes

Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by youngdee168(m): 2:34pm On Jan 22, 2013
If not for yesterday's match since 2010 world cup, i thought there's going to be much difference am going to give them one more chance to earn 3pts and nothing less in dia next match.
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by sage2(m): 2:34pm On Jan 22, 2013
After losing to Cameroon at the finals right here at the National Stadium in Lagos (Nigeria/Ghana 2000). I was there live. I spent the next 3 weeks in pain. I had to quit them before they make me quit this world. I also quit Arsenal last year. I am now free and happy.

7 Likes

Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by true2god: 2:35pm On Jan 22, 2013
since 2004, i stopped watching. No difference bw present arsenal and the 'super yigus'. Both can giv hearth attack to young pple.
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by Austinobisnr(m): 2:35pm On Jan 22, 2013
d only thing i wish to stop seeing is irrelivant topics on front page
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by blackmann(m): 2:36pm On Jan 22, 2013
The last Inferior Chickens match i watched was in 2008 where Ghana came from behind to beat Nigeria 2-1. I was even bribed to watch that match. It is pretty obvious why i never watched any of the matches since and even before.
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jan 22, 2013
well I stopped watching the super eagles matches(super pigeons) after Yakubu Aiyegbeni missed a goal my grand-Ma could have scored. That was in South Africa 2010 World Cup. Against-I cnt remember,but Yak ws chewing a gum.na deir last match sha
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by nlofficial(m): 2:38pm On Jan 22, 2013
Since they became Super Chickens due to corruption. And now they are Super Failures.
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by specialguest(f): 2:39pm On Jan 22, 2013
I gradually lost interest in watching the super eagles play after Atlanta 96.. The height of it was when they completely transformed to Super Chickens with the help of NFF.
Gosh that team is an embarassment to Nigeria.
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by comechop(m): 2:39pm On Jan 22, 2013
Stopped watching after 1996/1998. Was the peak of our existence. Everything has gone downhill since then. Tragic and pathetic by the NFA or whatever they are called these days.
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by mmmustapha(m): 2:41pm On Jan 22, 2013
I think its 2002, I no even want to hear news about them
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jan 22, 2013
USA 94.
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by kagari: 2:43pm On Jan 22, 2013
Yestaday

1 Like

Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by KAYD007(m): 2:44pm On Jan 22, 2013
My heart doesn't beat these day when I am watching the Super Eagles play. angry But back then with the USA 94 Eagles ooh mehn,
i use to trek miles to go watch them on the screen whenever almighty NEPA power off.

These days, my belle dey always dey yori yori when ever the super eagles dey JONES grin

1 Like

Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by ogoplus: 2:46pm On Jan 22, 2013
After the Italy Vs Nigeria during USA 1994(FIFA World Cup).

I refused to eat that night.

My heart beat also increased immediately after the match.....BP tins

It wasn't funny.
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by chidex15(m): 2:50pm On Jan 22, 2013
I dont watch super pampers matches, cos i love my health.. Imagine some one paying #50 to watch a match dat will give you (HBP) Highest Blood pressure.. 1st page for d third time...
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jan 22, 2013
Last world cup, was it not south Africa? They are giving me the impression that those who go far are super humans and as humans, they are doing their best.

I fall ill when depressed and quickly discard whatever tempers with my peace. The super eagles is on my depression causing list so I avoid them.
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by Odinaka00(m): 2:56pm On Jan 22, 2013
When siasia couldn't qualify em Ť☺ d last afcon, dats when I VOWED Ť☺ stop watching em play

1 Like

Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by Johnnoah1st: 2:56pm On Jan 22, 2013
exxell: WHO CARES TO WATCH THE DISORGANIZED FOOTBALL THEY PLAY NOWADAYS..... SERIOUSLY, I STOPPED WATCHING THEM AFTER DENMARK THRASHED US 4-1 COURTESY OF THEIR STRIKER SAND AND HAVING PETER RUFAI IN THE POST grin grin grin... THAT WAS LIKE 1998 0R SO.

IN OTHER NEWS, FIRST TO COMMENT..... MOD, I TAKE GOD BEG YOU, THIS IS MY FIRST TIME AND I WONT DO IT AGAIN cheesy cheesy cheesy
I also thank my parents who have been in support of my Nairaland endeavors, through thick and thin; God bless.
To My friends who have always encouraged to keep commenting- both meaningful and the less meaningful ones with the hope of being "first to comment one day after trying for five years with seven different IDs" I say a hearty thank you.... Come over to my office in the evening for an after work mini party grin grin grin
Finally, I apologise to my baby girl for all my time Nairaland took instead of giving her attention undecided undecided undecided... As am first to comment today, I promise to spend less time here as I found that "elusive" opportunity of five years today cool cool cool
guy u are realy sick
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by stupor(m): 3:00pm On Jan 22, 2013
exxell: WHO CARES TO WATCH THE DISORGANIZED FOOTBALL THEY PLAY NOWADAYS..... SERIOUSLY, I STOPPED WATCHING THEM AFTER DENMARK THRASHED US 4-1 COURTESY OF THEIR STRIKER SAND AND HAVING PETER RUFAI IN THE POST grin grin grin... THAT WAS LIKE 1998 0R SO.

**** Naughty boy ***** !
Nairaland is filled with Funny comedians sha !O

:Laughing :

So this is your award speech ? Naughty !

Very funny !
Re: When Did You Stop Watching Super-Eagles Matches? by Areaboy2(m): 3:01pm On Jan 22, 2013

HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH i don die!!! grin grin grin grin this guy u no well
I couldn't stop laughing after reading this reply.. I stopped reading the entire thread after this grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

15 Most Famous Brothers In Football / Lionel Messi Becomes A Dad: Rumour? / HYKT DRAW GAMES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.