Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,654 members, 7,816,682 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

The Nation Newspaper Site Messed Up - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / The Nation Newspaper Site Messed Up (1003 Views)

Leadership Newspaper Website Hacked / The Nation Newspaper Goes RWD / Nairaland! Is Messed Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nation Newspaper Site Messed Up by yawatide(f): 11:11am On Jan 22, 2013
To whom it may concern:
http://thenationonlineng.net/

You are missing some files and this is throwing a couple of errors at the top of each page. If I weren't a fan of the paper's and probably wouldn't have scrolled down to see the rest of the site and would have left. I am not other people though, and you don't know how many, especially those with smaller screen resolutions, would have seen the errors, assumed the site had been hacked, and would have left.

Please act soonest.

yawa
Re: The Nation Newspaper Site Messed Up by soloqy: 11:31am On Jan 22, 2013
*The server can not find the requested page:

www.jquerye.com/jquery-1.6.3.min.js*

Yeah, the highlighted part jquerye .com instead of jquery. com should be the place for them to start the debugging.
Re: The Nation Newspaper Site Messed Up by william5: 12:17pm On Jan 22, 2013
The site should have been properly tested before going live undecided
Re: The Nation Newspaper Site Messed Up by soloqy: 2:58pm On Jan 22, 2013
will.i.am:
The site should have been properly tested before going live undecided

Its been live online for a while now. Maybe they just recently added some stuff
Re: The Nation Newspaper Site Messed Up by DualCore1: 3:44pm On Jan 22, 2013
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Our website is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance.
Please try back in 3 hours
Thank you for your understanding.

Scheduled indeed. Liars will always be punished with bugs.
Re: The Nation Newspaper Site Messed Up by william5: 4:56pm On Jan 22, 2013
soloqy:

Its been live online for a while now. Maybe they just recently added some stuff

Still when implementing any new feature, it should be tested properly before making it public.
Re: The Nation Newspaper Site Messed Up by Slyr0x: 5:03pm On Jan 22, 2013
The site is now in Maintenance mode. .

I'm sure the web dever/someone that knows the web dever saw this thread cheesy

Re: The Nation Newspaper Site Messed Up by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jan 22, 2013
yawa-ti-de:
To whom it may concern:
http://thenationonlineng.net/

You are missing some files and this is throwing a couple of errors at the top of each page. If I weren't a fan of the paper's and probably wouldn't have scrolled down to see the rest of the site and would have left. I am not other people though, and you don't know how many, especially those with smaller screen resolutions, would have seen the errors, assumed the site had been hacked, and would have left.

Please act soonest.

yawa
They suppose pay you for this free service o! That's assuming they saw this post.
Re: The Nation Newspaper Site Messed Up by yawatide(f): 7:54pm On Jan 22, 2013
@slyrox:
Na im do make I post am here now. I know someone from Punch is on here. I tried my luck with Nation and it seems they are on here too tongue

@Brand_new:
Why you think say I no dey too do reviews anymore? I don reach levels wey boiz supposed dey pay me for detailed reports smiley

@will.i.am:
I agree. There is no reason why a high traffic website like this should be in maintenance mode. They should have a development server where they do their stuff. They then test it there and if it passes, move the changes to the main site.
Re: The Nation Newspaper Site Messed Up by william5: 8:06pm On Jan 22, 2013
You tell them to pay better money for website maintenance and they say no way
Someone inexperienced will then go and scatter your carefully crafted code, smh
Re: The Nation Newspaper Site Messed Up by soloqy: 8:22pm On Jan 22, 2013
Maintenance mode over.. They are back grin
Re: The Nation Newspaper Site Messed Up by generalx: 8:41pm On Jan 22, 2013
Why is it so difficult for us to work with pictures on websites.
We find it difficult cropping the pictures.
Re: The Nation Newspaper Site Messed Up by yawatide(f): 2:56pm On Jan 23, 2013
^^^ I think this has to do with the web developers not educating the folks who actually populate the content that even with a CMS, you can, like MS word, resize images that you copy and paste.
Re: The Nation Newspaper Site Messed Up by yawatide(f): 9:42pm On Jan 23, 2013
I guess we now know why the site wasn't looking good the other day - they were implementing a redesign. I don't particularly like it, compared to their last 2 versions though, but I guess I'm stuck with it as I like their news. It will take time to get used to it, that's for sure.

(1) (Reply)

Are You A Website Designer Based In Ibadan? I Have A Job For You / [HELP] Please What Is Wrong With My Website? Lalasticlala / Wapka Comment Box Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.