Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,293 members, 7,818,991 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Algerian Journalist Blasts Ref Benouza …he Was Harsh On Eagles- Ambrose - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Algerian Journalist Blasts Ref Benouza …he Was Harsh On Eagles- Ambrose (683 Views)

Nosa Igiebor Injured After Attack On Eagles In Ethiopia. Eagles Set New Record. / Algerian Referee, Djamal Haimoudu For AFCON Final / Algerian Referee To Officiate Nigeria & Ivory Coast Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Algerian Journalist Blasts Ref Benouza …he Was Harsh On Eagles- Ambrose by Emmysteve(m): 5:27pm On Jan 22, 2013
Top Algerian journalist with Al Jazeera TV,
Laraba Mourad, has blasted his compatriot
and referee for the game between Nigeria
and Burkina Faso, Benouza Mohammed for
being less than fair in the handling of the
game, alleging that the referee has a history
of poor officiating and corruption in Algeria.
“When I saw him at the start of the game I
knew that Nigeria was in for trouble and said
what the hell is he doing here. A man who
has been accused in Algeria of match-fixing
and taking bribes to fix games is here to
officiate in Africa’s show-piece tournament?.
It was really sad and he did not disappoint
me at the end of the day. He called on CAF to
ensure that they carry out proper scrutiny of
referees across the continent before
appointing them for major tournaments.
Mourad, who is South Africa to cover the
Nations Cup for the top TV station also
predicted that with what he saw of the Super
Eagles, they can go all the way and win the
trophy. “Normally, first matches are always
very tough for big teams because they don’t
know the opposition, there is also pressure
and in the case of Nigeria there was bad
refereeing. Once the team settles down, they
will go places because they have a good side
and Keshi is also a very good coach because I
know him in his days as Mali national team
handler.
Meanwhile, Efe Ambrose who was red carded
in the encounter said he was shocked by the
decision of the referee on the evening.
Ambrose said even the yellow card he was
issued was a first tackle and he did not
deserve to be given. “Then, the red card was
totally shocking because the contact was
very minimal and it was as if he was waiting
for two players to make contact to issue
Nigeria a red card, but we leave God to judge
him and his officiating”.
Re: Algerian Journalist Blasts Ref Benouza …he Was Harsh On Eagles- Ambrose by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jan 22, 2013
CAN YOU PEOPLE SEE WHAT I WAS SAYING THROUGHOUT YESTERDAY?

I WAS A VIRTUAL ONE MAN BAND YESTERDAY, RAGING ABOUT THE CLEAR CASE OF BIAS AND CHEATING BY THIS REFEREE AGAINST NIGERIA.

THE REST OF THE FORUM, APART FROM A FEW OTHER GUYS, WERE TOO DUMB AND/OR TIMID TO SEE WHAT I WAS SEEING.

NOW AN ALGERIAN JOURNALIST HAS CONFIRMED THAT ROSSIKE WAS INDEED, SANE, AND NOT ''MAD'' LIKE SOME PEABRAIN HAD LABELLED HIM. YESTERDAY.

THIS MUHAMMED BENOUZA - MOST LIKELY A TERRORIST SYMPATHISER - OR WORSE, A BRIBE TAKING MATCH FIXER. IN SHORT A CERTIFIED CRIMINAL, WAS THE PERSON OFFICIATING THE NIGERIA GAME.

THANKS POSTER, FOR CLEARING THE AIR.

MEANWHILE, OUR RESIDENT TIMID MUGUS HERE, WHO ONLY FIND THEIR MOUTHS WHEN IT'S TIME TO INSULT NIGERIA, WERE SUPPORTING THIS CRIMINAL AND HIS BIASED OFFICIATING, YESTERDAY. BLAMING THE EAGLES FOR EVERYTHING THAT BEFELL THEM, AND COMPLETELY EXONERATING THE REF.

CAN YOU FOOLS WHO DID THAT BE MAN ENOUGH TO POST HERE NOW, IN LIGHT OF THE NEW REVELATIONS?

TIMID HUMAN BEINGS.
Re: Algerian Journalist Blasts Ref Benouza …he Was Harsh On Eagles- Ambrose by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jan 22, 2013
MODS... FRONT PAGE PLS.

THE TRUTH MUST OUT!!!!!
Re: Algerian Journalist Blasts Ref Benouza …he Was Harsh On Eagles- Ambrose by dominique(f): 11:41am On Jan 25, 2013
Shouldn't CAF have properly scrutinised the referee selection process? If they did, then this fellow has no business in the tournament in the first place. That said, I don't think there will be any match-fixing probe except fifa intervene.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Eyes Foreign Coach / Burkina Faso V Nigeria For AFCON 2013 Finals On Sunday by 7pm / Pictures: Thursday Super Eagles Training Session In Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.