Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,302 members, 7,815,548 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Boko-Haram Attack In Damboa , 12 Dead - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko-Haram Attack In Damboa , 12 Dead (25096 Views)

Troops’ Rout Boko Haram RPG Factory, Slay Terrorists In Damboa [PHOTOS] / Over 110 Boko Haram Terrorists killed in Damboa, Borno State / Nigerian Troops Recapture Damboa : Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko-Haram Attack In Damboa , 12 Dead by cyril83(m): 8:04am On Jan 23, 2013
naptu2:

Read your post again, read my post again and then tell me what the difference is between both posts.

(By the way, do you know that some people believe that Boko Haram simply wants to break up Nigeria and rule the north and that these people are happy because they believe that boko haram will lead to the quick break up of Nigeria?)
okay you mean to say MUSLIM HATE NIGERIA coz most of these people are muslim
Re: Boko-Haram Attack In Damboa , 12 Dead by naptu2: 8:04am On Jan 23, 2013
43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[i] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Attack In Damboa , 12 Dead by naptu2: 8:07am On Jan 23, 2013
cyril83: okay you mean to say MUSLIM HATE NIGERIA coz most of these people are muslim

I knew it, comprehension is a problem smiley

1) You are the one who wants to say "MUSLIM HATE NIGERIA", not me.

2) Who told you that "most of these people are muslims"? I see people like that from all over Nigeria and from different faiths.
Re: Boko-Haram Attack In Damboa , 12 Dead by cyril83(m): 8:11am On Jan 23, 2013
naptu2:

It obviously has nothing to do with the kind of hatred, enmity and bigotry that you propagate. True worship is based on love.
Do you now expect me to show love to a religion that believe in killings and shedding innocents blood..coz i see no reasons to all these bombings.
Re: Boko-Haram Attack In Damboa , 12 Dead by ParisLove1: 8:13am On Jan 23, 2013
uplawal: Why polute the land by selling the prohibitted meat for muslims,this is outright disobedient to Allah and it falls under corruption.
Terrorist sympathizer, she already confessed her 'utmost hatred' for fake muslims and christians. Ulawal you had to agree this muslims had done a wonderful for allah murdering those infidels hmm!? Maybe you'll be another suicide bomber mother [img]http://yourdailymuslim.files./2012/12/reem-riyashi.jpg?w=580[/img]
Re: Boko-Haram Attack In Damboa , 12 Dead by cyril83(m): 8:14am On Jan 23, 2013
naptu2:

I knew it, comprehension is a problem smiley

1) You are the one who wants to say "MUSLIM HATE NIGERIA", not me.

2) Who told you that "most of these people are muslims"? I see people like that from all over Nigeria and from different faiths.
see dribbling ...you have little or no understanding about your religion or whom you are serving..no offense pls, AM OUT
Re: Boko-Haram Attack In Damboa , 12 Dead by naptu2: 8:17am On Jan 23, 2013
cyril83: Do you now expect me to show love to a religion that believe in killings and shedding innocents blood..coz i see no reasons to all these bombings.

The words of Jesus

naptu2: 43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[i] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

By the way:

1) Is it every muslim that believes in that? (Over-generalisation and only seeing the worst in others)

2) If some people are engaged in wrong practices/beliefs, why don't you try correcting them with love?
Re: Boko-Haram Attack In Damboa , 12 Dead by naptu2: 8:19am On Jan 23, 2013
Please don't go. Please stay smiley
Re: Boko-Haram Attack In Damboa , 12 Dead by Eneze1(f): 8:23am On Jan 23, 2013
salt 1:

Thanks for the compliment but you don't need to be a prophet to understand their line of reasoning. If Christian America killed one million Iraqis, so what's the fuss about fellow Nigerians killing 18 ordinary hunters? There is killing in every religion, right? Does it make it right? Must the Muslims compare their actions with Christians? Is there no inherent sense of rightness or wrongness of an action?

I think you have a twisted sense of reasoning, Americans that kill, did they do that in the name of religion, please get your facts right before saying things that doesn't even correlate to the matter at hand
Re: Boko-Haram Attack In Damboa , 12 Dead by cyril83(m): 8:26am On Jan 23, 2013
naptu2: Please don't go. Please stay smiley
why wouldn't i leave you to your ignorance when you turned yoursef to a dribbler....you were the one who said some people are behind the bombings of BH in other to break Nigeria then who are these pple if not buhari, babangida,gunmi,ado bayero and some other emirs and muslim senators which means Muslim Hate Nigeria and if there is any christians among them kindly mention their names here
Re: Boko-Haram Attack In Damboa , 12 Dead by Merrymaker: 8:32am On Jan 23, 2013
politicians hv achiev dia aim by causin division amongst us. God help us
Re: Boko-Haram Attack In Damboa , 12 Dead by cyril83(m): 8:34am On Jan 23, 2013
naptu2:

The words of Jesus

By the way:

1) Is it every muslim that believes in that? (Over-generalisation and only seeing the worst in others)

2) If some people are engaged in wrong practices/beliefs, why don't you try correcting them with love?
everyone on earth knows the word of jesus including yourself...Am not Jesus neither am I God, the rules on ground now is that, you bring out knife and I bring out gun since your allah is stubborn.

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Attack In Damboa , 12 Dead by naptu2: 8:37am On Jan 23, 2013
cyril83: why wouldn't i leave you to your ignorance when you turned yoursef to a dribbler....you were the one who said some people are behind the bombings of BH in other to break Nigeria then who are these pple if not buhari, babangida,gunmi,ado bayero and some other emirs and muslim senators which means Muslim Hate Nigeria and if there is any christians among them kindly mention their names here

Nope, you are projecting your views on me and believing that they are my views.

1) I did not say "some people are behind the bombings of boko haram", although there will definitely be people behind it. I said some people mistakenly believe that boko haram's aim is to break up Nigeria and since they also want Nigeria to break up, they are happy with boko haram's activities.

2) I have repeatedly stated on this forum (for more than a year now) that boko haram will happily kill Babangida, Buhari, Goodluck Jonathan, Oritsejafor, Atiku, imams, pastors and anybody who disagrees with their own brand of islam. Events have consistently proved me right.

So the views above are your views, they are definitely not mine.
Re: Boko-Haram Attack In Damboa , 12 Dead by naptu2: 8:38am On Jan 23, 2013
Merrymaker: politicians hv achiev dia aim by causin division amongst us. God help us

That's just it. Divide and conquer. That's the tactics.
Re: Boko-Haram Attack In Damboa , 12 Dead by naptu2: 8:40am On Jan 23, 2013
cyril83: everyone on earth knows the word of jesus including yourself...Am not Jesus neither am I God, the rules on ground now is that, you bring out knife and I bring out gun since your allah is stubborn.

Ok, that means that you do not believe what you were preaching on the other thread. I now understand.
Re: Boko-Haram Attack In Damboa , 12 Dead by cyril83(m): 8:45am On Jan 23, 2013
naptu2:

1) I did not say "some people are behind the bombings of boko haram", although there will definitely be people behind it. I said some people mistakenly believe that boko haram's aim is to break up Nigeria and since they also want Nigeria to break up, they are happy with boko haram's activities.

2) I have repeatedly stated on this forum (for more than a year now) that boko haram will happily kill Babangida, Buhari, Goodluck Jonathan, Oritsejafor, Atiku, imams, pastors and anybody who disagrees with their own brand of islam. Events have consistently proved me right.

baseless point...what has oritsejafor and pastors has to do with boko haram, ok what you were trying to say is that,they would get killed for saying negative things about boko haram or what coz I do not understand their involvement in boko stuffs
Re: Boko-Haram Attack In Damboa , 12 Dead by cyril83(m): 8:52am On Jan 23, 2013
naptu2:

besides what is the meaning of their own brand of islam? Islam is islam and allah is allah no doubt abt dat,one more thing why is allah feeling thirsty for the blood of GEj,oritsejafor and pastors
Re: Boko-Haram Attack In Damboa , 12 Dead by cyril83(m): 8:55am On Jan 23, 2013
Merrymaker: politicians hv achiev dia aim by causin division amongst us. God help us
why do they have to achieve their aims through islam? Or is there no other means to achieve their aims?...I have answer to this but would be glad if you can tell me yours
Re: Boko-Haram Attack In Damboa , 12 Dead by frevangel(m): 8:56am On Jan 23, 2013
naptu2:

I get your point clearly from your posts. My question is, how is it that there is the likes of Boko Haram all over the world fighting for Islam? Look at every Nation/region that has large population of muslims. I watched a debate by "moderate" muslims and radicals in UK and I was stunned when the radicals continually proved from the Quran that the fighters(terrorists) all over the world were fighting a just cause. The "moderate" muslims couldn't dispute their stand! It seems to me from that day, they seem to be the TRUE MUSLIMS!!! They even called the "moderate" muslims weak brothers!
This happened IN UK, not even in the middle east! I mean Britons!

In addition, you seem to forget they are all fighting to gain control and ESTABLISH AN ISLAMIC REPUBLIC WHERE QURAN IS THEIR CONSTITUTION. How can you say they are not fighting for Islam, Jihad?

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Attack In Damboa , 12 Dead by Cruxxy(m): 8:56am On Jan 23, 2013
[quote author=Paris_Love]Terrorist sympathizer, she already confessed her 'utmost hatred' for fake muslims and christians. Ulawal you had to agree this muslims had done a wonderful for allah murdering those infidels hmm!? Maybe you'll be another suicide bomber mother [img]http://yourdailymuslim.files./2012/12/reem-riyashi.jpg?w=580[/img]

religion of pisssssss!!
Re: Boko-Haram Attack In Damboa , 12 Dead by cyril83(m): 9:02am On Jan 23, 2013
@Naptu...I can see you @ the viewing center,pls i need answers to those questions or is google not opening again?
Re: Boko-Haram Attack In Damboa , 12 Dead by AREWA2266: 9:03am On Jan 23, 2013
O LORD PLS TAKE CONTROL!
Re: Boko-Haram Attack In Damboa , 12 Dead by cyril83(m): 9:05am On Jan 23, 2013
fr_evangel:

I get your point clearly from your posts. My question is, how is it that there is the likes of Boko Haram all over the world fighting for Islam? Look at every Nation/region that has large population of muslims. I watched a debate by "moderate" muslims and radicals in UK and I was stunned when the radicals continually proved from the Quran that the fighters(terrorists) all over the world were fighting a just cause. The "moderate" muslims couldn't dispute their stand! It seems to me from that day, they seem to be the TRUE MUSLIMS!!! They even called the "moderate" muslims weak brothers!
This happened IN UK, not even in the middle east! I mean Britons!

In addition, you seem to forget they are all fighting to gain control and ESTABLISH AN ISLAMIC REPUBLIC WHERE QURAN IS THEIR CONSTITUTION. How can you say they are not fighting for Islam, Jihad?
Most of them have little or No knowledge of their religion...Brainwashed people
Re: Boko-Haram Attack In Damboa , 12 Dead by Ozegbe(m): 9:08am On Jan 23, 2013
people have killed more in the name of God, than the holocaust, bomb, tsunami, hurricane or nuclear war...

man has always wanted a God that is fierce, wicked and give them the freewill to do evil.
Re: Boko-Haram Attack In Damboa , 12 Dead by umar2: 9:10am On Jan 23, 2013
hunkyjohn:
BBC Breaking News: Boko Haram Attack Leaves Over 12 Dead In Damboa, Nigeria

Suspected Islamist have opened fire in the north-eastern Nigerian town of Damboa, killing at least 12 people, residents and local officials say.

They say the attack occurred late on Monday, and that the gunmen apparently targeted hunters selling bush meat.

Strict Muslims are forbidden to eat bush meat from animals such as monkeys and pigs,

Militants from the Boko Haram Islamist group have staged frequent attacks in northern Nigeria in recent years.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-21152122

BBC's Statement is alarming, 1, they said suspected islamist, meaning not sure, 2,They didnt give us the accurate location of the scene, 3, Who are the hunter's? 4, How is BBC sure that what they were selling is monkeys and pigs, where on earth have we seen smoked or even dry meat of Pigs and Monkeys? Where do they get the monkeys from?, 5,BBC What do mean by strict muslim? give us the chapter in the qur'an that said we should kill or target people selling so called bush meat of monkeys or pigs. BBC u are more professional than these news that you brought without backing it with evidence. To me the above statement is intentional by BBC. "Who Allah guide non can misguide, and who ever Allah (SWA)misguide non can guide". Holy Quran Chapter 28 sura Qasas verse 56.
Re: Boko-Haram Attack In Damboa , 12 Dead by naptu2: 9:13am On Jan 23, 2013
Sigh! Let me try one more time.

Boko Haram is a group set up in 2003. (They were inspired by some extremist preachers of the late 1990s who called for an overthrow of the Sokoto Caliphate and Nigerian State and an imposition of an extremist Islamic state) They first came to the attention of the SSS in 2003/2004 when they attacked some police stations.

Some members of the sect were arrested in 2005, but they were eventually released on bail.

The sect also suffered division and tensions between those who wanted to act as thugs for politicians and those who wanted the group to be based strictly on spiritual matters and also between those who were more moderate and those who wanted to adopt a more hard line stance.

Some of the members that were previously arrested attacked police stations again in 2009 and President Yar'Adua (himself a muslim) ordered a crackdown on the sect.

Policemen who had seen these same sect members kill their colleagues in 2005 and then make bail decided that it didn't sense to arraign these men in court again, so they decided to execute them. These executions were filmed and the footage was shown around the world on Al-Jazeera.

Osama Bin Ladin and other terrorists, who had been looking for a West African base since 2003 decided to team up with these terrorists in their quest to set up the "Global Islamic Caliphate".

Now the goal of these terrorists is to set up their own global state, based on their own interpretation of islam and they will kill muslims, christians, politicians and anybody that disagrees with them.

One of the reasons why Nigeria is a good haven for them is division. Just look at the narrative in Nigeria with regards to boko haram. Some say that PDP is behind it, others say it is the opposition. Some say it's the north, others say it's the south. Some say it's muslims, others say it's christians. The terrorists cannot take over Nigeria if we unite to fight them, but they can if we are fighting each other. That's what the tribes in Afghanistan and Pakistan discovered.

You keep pointing at traditional rulers, what you don't know is that the extremist say that the institution of emir and sultan is haram and they wish to kill these people because their very institution is an obstacle against the global caliphate which they want to institute.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Attack In Damboa , 12 Dead by tunde1200(m): 9:16am On Jan 23, 2013
I missed ABUZOLA on NL now...
Re: Boko-Haram Attack In Damboa , 12 Dead by frevangel(m): 9:22am On Jan 23, 2013
naptu2: Sigh! Let me try one more time.

Boko Haram is a group set up in 2003. (They were inspired by some extremist preachers of the late 1990s who called for an overthrow of the Sokoto Caliphate and Nigerian State and an imposition of an extremist Islamic state) They first came to the attention of the SSS in 2003/2004 when they attacked some police stations.

Some members of the sect were arrested in 2005, but they were eventually released on bail.

The sect also suffered division and tensions between those who wanted to act as thugs for politicians and those who wanted the group to be based strictly on spiritual matters and also between those who were more moderate and those who wanted to adopt a more hard line stance.

Some of the members that were previously arrested attacked police stations again in 2009 and President Yar'Adua (himself a muslim) ordered a crackdown on the sect.

Policemen who had seen these same sect members kill their colleagues in 2005 and then make bail decided that it didn't sense to arraign these men in court again, so they decided to execute them. These executions were filmed and the footage was shown around the world on Al-Jazeera.

Osama Bin Ladin and other terrorists, who had been looking for a West African base since 2003 decided to team up with these terrorists in their quest to set up the "Global Islamic Caliphate".

Now the goal of these terrorists is to set up their own global state, based on their own interpretation of islam and they will kill muslims, christians, politicians and anybody that disagrees with them.

One of the reasons why Nigeria is a good haven for them is division. Just look at the narrative in Nigeria with regards to boko haram. Some say that PDP is behind it, others say it is the opposition. Some say it's the north, others say it's the south. Some say it's muslims, others say it's christians. The terrorists cannot take over Nigeria if we unite to fight them, but they can if we are fighting each other. That's what the tribes in Afghanistan and Pakistan discovered.

You keep pointing at traditional rulers, what you don't know is that the extremist say that the institution of emir and sultan is haram and they wish to kill these people because their very institution is an obstacle against the global caliphate which they want to institute.

Good point! But it is very difficult when the masses muslim support their cause. I lived in the North so save the MB to try explain they don't!

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Attack In Damboa , 12 Dead by naptu2: 9:23am On Jan 23, 2013
cyril83: besides what is the meaning of their own brand of islam? Islam is islam and allah is allah no doubt abt dat,one more thing why is allah feeling thirsty for the blood of GEj,oritsejafor and pastors

Christianity is christianity, but some christians believe that Mary is the mother of God, while others do not, some christians believe in polygamy while others do not, some christians believe in killing child "witches", while others do not, some christians believe in forgiveness and love your enemy, while others (like you) do not.

Some muslims believe in peaceful relations, while others do not, some muslims believe in forgiveness, while others do not, some muslims believe in killing "unbelievers", while some do not, etc.

Each one would say that they are the "true believers" while others are fake.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Attack In Damboa , 12 Dead by naptu2: 9:28am On Jan 23, 2013
fr_evangel:

Good point! But it is very difficult when the masses muslim support their cause. I lived in the North so save the MB to try explain they don't!

Since you say I should save my MB, I will, but you can look up two things

1) How Kano citizens lynch boko haram extremists

2) Read (on nairaland) they guy who was involved in the Gideon Akaluka killing and understand why "the masses muslim support their cause".

In fact, I'll search for that second one, it makes interesting reading.
Re: Boko-Haram Attack In Damboa , 12 Dead by naptu2: 9:33am On Jan 23, 2013
Re: Boko-Haram Attack In Damboa , 12 Dead by umar2: 9:38am On Jan 23, 2013
umar2:

BBC's Statement is alarming, 1, they said suspected islamist, meaning not sure, 2,They didnt give us the accurate location of the scene, 3, Who are the hunter's? 4, How is BBC sure that what they were selling is monkeys and pigs, where on earth have we seen smoked or even dry meat of Pigs and Monkeys? Where do they get the monkeys from?, 5,BBC What do mean by strict muslim? give us the chapter in the qur'an that said we should kill or target people selling so called bush meat of monkeys or pigs. BBC u are more professional than these news that you brought without backing it with evidence. To me the above statement is intentional by BBC. "Who Allah guide non can misguide, and who ever Allah (SWA)misguide non can guide". Holy Quran Chapter 28 sura Qasas verse 56.
Qur'an Surah 2 verse 256, "There is no compulsion in religion" This is the hand work of some evil doers, they would stop at noting to so to achieve their goals. Please our fellow Muslim and Christian Sisters and brothers, continues insults and challenge would take us no where. I am not here to say that we don’t have bad eggs in Islam and even the Christianity, but definately not all. I would advice we all get a copy of both holy books and further understand what both religions says about violence. As a Muslim my Holy Quran has said it all Surah Baqara verse 256 "There is no compulsion in religion" Even our dearest Prophet Mohd" PBUH had a family member that died as a non Muslim. I am tried of this continues raining of insult from both faith. Let’s all change our attitude and be very submissive to our lord in prayers God help us all and this great nation called Nigeria. No where like home, what God Almighty has joined, let no one put asunder. This Country would not break apart insha Allah. By his Grace. Amin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Documents Expose Lawmakers’ Budget Fraud - Premium Times / PDP Warns Buhari To Beware Of Fashola's Deceptive Skills / Reno Omokri Picks Holes In Governor Wike’s Media Chat, Lists 10 Fallacies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.