Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

She Insists On Court Wedding! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / She Insists On Court Wedding! (1929 Views)

Wife Insists That Husband Must Use Condom Before They Have Sex / My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him / Man Insists On Seeing Suitor's Office Before Blessing The Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Insists On Court Wedding! by hrmkz: 9:34pm On Jan 22, 2013
We all thought it was a mere joke, wedding preparation now in top gear-date fixed for second week in march this year.
Aso Ebi for both traditional and islamic nikkai already sold out, just last week the wife to be insist they must add court wedding to their plans!!!
Everybody who heard initially laughed it off, but she is bent on having it or nothing.
Please why will a wife to be insist on court wedding?
Will you ever accept to court wedding? Why and why not?
Re: She Insists On Court Wedding! by baby124: 9:40pm On Jan 22, 2013
hrmkz: We all thought it was a mere joke, wedding preparation now in top gear-date fixed for second week in march this year.
Aso Ebi for both traditional and islamic nikkai already sold out, just last week the wife to be insist they must add court wedding to their plans!!!
Everybody who heard initially laughed it off, but she is bent on having it or nothing.
Please why will a wife to be insist on court wedding?
Will you ever accept to court wedding? Why and why not?

She wants to bi iyawo oloruka, then any others will be iyawo yam and dodo. Do you blame her? she is marrying a muslim. She has realized that he can marry more wives without the court wedding and it will be perfectly legal. Shes a smart girl. Hook them and then switch it up how you want it. cheesy
Re: She Insists On Court Wedding! by Gambrosia: 9:41pm On Jan 22, 2013
I don't blame her.
The only proof of marriage!
Smart woman! kiss
Tell your village chiefs and SHARIA RABBIS to start manufacturing SAFITIKATES! kiss
This is the 21st century, nothing is written in STONE, but PAPER!!! kiss
Re: She Insists On Court Wedding! by koolJ1(f): 10:03pm On Jan 22, 2013
Lol. Sharpness is a virtue
Re: She Insists On Court Wedding! by DANILSA(m): 10:06pm On Jan 22, 2013
Without a court wedding how can she challenge the mallam when he enjoys her milk and decides to throw her out and get a new baby for himself, with court wedding the man will be careful about divorce especially if his rich.Islam wedding no follow joo. THE WORLD ONLY RECOGNIZE COURT WEDDING.
Re: She Insists On Court Wedding! by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jan 22, 2013
If he loves his bride,why will that be a problemor is the Mallam secretly wArming up for a fresher "inyarinya"?

My hubby insisted on both court and white wedding.yes,I did it without hesitation.
Re: She Insists On Court Wedding! by aadetoyin(f): 10:21pm On Jan 22, 2013
Very sharp babe. Yes o. If u wanna put a ring on it then take her to the registry because its that one that is legally recognised.
Re: She Insists On Court Wedding! by Lolaabokoku(f): 10:58pm On Jan 22, 2013
yes oo.. Na court wedding ooo
Re: She Insists On Court Wedding! by Trottle: 11:37pm On Jan 22, 2013
Would you follow d white mans law over that of your creator? Is that how Allah ordainrd it even if u are doing islamic marriage never ever ever attempt registry marriage ooooo.............
Re: She Insists On Court Wedding! by greatgod2012(f): 1:06am On Jan 23, 2013
Shes did d right thing.

@ trottle, thats yuor own opinion,and you are entitled to it.
Re: She Insists On Court Wedding! by gunuvi(m): 3:58am On Jan 23, 2013
;DIts not a big deal. Accept her decision but come and do the court wedding in Lasgidi. Bigamy is legal here so if you want more wives in future the law will still support it (na wahala be many wives sha o)
U go pay me for this priceless way out advise. ;DIts not a big deal. Accept her decision but come and do the court wedding in Lasgidi. Bigamy is legal here so if you want more wives in future the law will still support it (na wahala be many wives sha o)
U go pay me for this priceless way out advise.
Re: She Insists On Court Wedding! by DANILSA(m): 11:31am On Jan 23, 2013
Trottle: Would you follow d white mans law over that of your creator? Is that how Allah ordainrd it even if u are doing islamic marriage never ever ever attempt registry marriage ooooo.............
How many wife Allah give Adamu? angry sad undecided
Re: She Insists On Court Wedding! by mutaalim(m): 2:47pm On Jan 23, 2013
Don't abide with the court wedding with them, as simple as that No one know what will spring up in the nearest future

Regards
Re: She Insists On Court Wedding! by PrettyCindy(f): 6:49pm On Jan 23, 2013
Read this true life story so you will understand her reasons more.

There was a woman happily married with 3 kids, all girls. She was always worried that she hasnt been able to have a male child. Her husband comforted her at such instances and assured her that he wasnt worried one bit and that she should be greatful and thankful she has 3 females, that some people are gong about looking for one.

One day, the man returned from work, accompanied by a heavily pregnant woman and a little boy of about 2years. The man fixed them up in their guest room, didnt say anything to the suprised and confused wife. When he finally spoke, he said the boy is his son and the pregnant woman his wife and mother of the kid.

The very next day, together with his mum, the man and the pregnant woman went to the court and got married!

Unfortunatly for the first wife, they only did native law and custom. She had no case to hold against the man in court as she wasnt his legal wife. The other woman was and the man kicked the woman and her three daughters out!

****this is not fiction. True life story. Auntieagatha..com****

@op, do you get it now?
Re: She Insists On Court Wedding! by PrettyCindy(f): 6:50pm On Jan 23, 2013
Re: She Insists On Court Wedding! by dayokanu(m): 6:58pm On Jan 23, 2013
The woman is being smart there.

Cos if you marry another wife she would be the only legally recognized ones and others are just supporters club
Re: She Insists On Court Wedding! by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jan 23, 2013
You shouldn't be afraid,except you have ulterior motive. She wants the right thing ,anything worth doing,should be done well. She must protect her future,as well as her kids now. We men can change anytime.
Re: She Insists On Court Wedding! by mrscolite(f): 8:07pm On Jan 23, 2013
PrettyCindy: Read this true life story so you will understand her reasons more.

There was a woman happily married with 3 kids, all girls. She was always worried that she hasnt been able to have a male child. Her husband comforted her at such instances and assured her that he wasnt worried one bit and that she should be greatful and thankful she has 3 females, that some people are gong about looking for one.

One day, the man returned from work, accompanied by a heavily pregnant woman and a little boy of about 2years. The man fixed them up in their guest room, didnt say anything to the suprised and confused wife. When he finally spoke, he said the boy is his son and the pregnant woman his wife and mother of the kid.

The very next day, together with his mum, the man and the pregnant woman went to the court and got married!

Unfortunatly for the first wife, they only did native law and custom. She had no case to hold against the man in court as she wasnt his legal wife. The other woman was and the man kicked the woman and her three daughters out!

@op, do you get it now?

Ok pls am curious. Can court wedding override church wedding eg if the first woman had done a church wedding,would she still suffer same fate?
Re: She Insists On Court Wedding! by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jan 23, 2013
mrscolite:

Ok pls am curious. Can court wedding override church wedding eg if the first woman had done a church wedding,would she still suffer same fate?

It depends on the church. Anglican (and cathcolic, I think) issue thesame recognised marriage certificate that the court gives. The church gets it from the court, and issues it to the couple on the day of the church wedding. So its same with the one gotten from the court and serves same purpose.

However, other churches, especially most (if not all) pentecostal churches donot have the "clearance" to get these certificates from the court. So in that case, the couple wedding in the said church will need to do a court wedding so as to obtain dis recognised certificate from the court. The church gives its own certificate though, but that isn't recognised worldwide. I hope u understand now.
Re: She Insists On Court Wedding! by mutaalim(m): 3:42pm On Jan 24, 2013
.....do not go to court with her, as simple as that .....do not go to court with her, as simple as that .....do not go to court with her, as simple as that

1 Like

Re: She Insists On Court Wedding! by slimchi2k2(m): 4:16pm On Jan 24, 2013
@hrmkz:bro better be careful
Re: She Insists On Court Wedding! by hrmkz: 5:08pm On Jan 24, 2013
I have read and re-read all write ups, but this are my qsts.
(1) Of what relevance is marriages conducted in churches/mosques?
(2) If you claim to be a true christian/Muslim, why should u prefer a another belief/culture/practise against that of your religion?
Re: She Insists On Court Wedding! by baby124: 5:25pm On Jan 24, 2013
Religious wedding = to fulfill religious rights and have the wedding blessed by God
Traditional = To fulfill traditional rights and pay the required dowry
Court = to fulfill the legal rights, and have the union recognized legally in the eyes of the law around the world

Religious marriage is not legal, neither is traditional. It is just to fulfill righteousness in the eyes of your fellow religious followers. Who wants to be divorced because the husband says "i divorce you" three times? get real and do the right thing. Times have changed, countries have unified laws these days. I dont think it is against your religion to follow the laws of the country you reside in, when it comes to marriage. Does your Quran tell you to go against the laws laid down in your country?

1 Like

Re: She Insists On Court Wedding! by mrscolite(f): 7:51pm On Jan 24, 2013
bettymafy:

It depends on the church. Anglican (and cathcolic, I think) issue thesame recognised marriage certificate that the court gives. The church gets it from the court, and issues it to the couple on the day of the church wedding. So its same with the one gotten from the court and serves same purpose.

However, other churches, especially most (if not all) pentecostal churches donot have the "clearance" to get these certificates from the court. So in that case, the couple wedding in the said church will need to do a court wedding so as to obtain dis recognised certificate from the court. The church gives its own certificate though, but that isn't recognised worldwide. I hope u understand now.

I do now swits. Thanks kiss
Re: She Insists On Court Wedding! by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jan 24, 2013
mrscolite:

I do now swits. Thanks kiss

U're welcome ma'am.
Re: She Insists On Court Wedding! by mutaalim(m): 9:33pm On Jan 24, 2013
@ baby _123 court weddin is nt part of culture/norms in Nigeria@ baby _123 court weddin is nt part of culture/norms in Nigeria@ baby _123 court weddin is nt part of culture/norms in Nigeria
Re: She Insists On Court Wedding! by hrmkz: 7:58am On Jan 25, 2013
If you accept Christianinty, you should accept all its doctrines, Ditto for muslims.
A celestia man should not be castigated for walking bear footed...it is his belief.
A deeper life woman who does not use jewelries is only abiding by the rules, ditto for a Jehovah Witness.
if you accept to be a muslim, then you accept the practise/teaching of the religion.

freedom of religion allows anyone to choose his preferred method of worhip, why pretend to be a christian/muslim when you cannot abide by rules of the religion.
Re: She Insists On Court Wedding! by maclatunji: 9:05am On Jan 25, 2013
Let the parties involved agree or disagree on the matter.
Re: She Insists On Court Wedding! by Nobody: 9:18am On Jan 25, 2013
PrettyCindy: Read this true life story so you will understand her reasons more.

@op, do you get it now?

Court marriage or no court marriage, who will still want to stay married to such a betraying he-goat
I know I wont!

(1) (Reply)

Help Save My Cousin Marriage / Goat Born With ‘Human’ Face: Farming Family In Trouble (Warning:Graphic Images) / One Of The Surest Things We All Did As A Kid.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.