Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,711 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers - Car Talk (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers (160188 Views)

Strict Information For All Car Users And Technicians / Loading.kwi File Needed For Toyota / Engine Oil For Toyota Camry Big-Daddy (2003 XLE) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 14, 2016
I prefer the styling of the current Honda Accord, over that of the equivalent Toyota Camry.

But, I'm looking at the practical side of things. I'm in the market for a 2010 Toyota Avalon, or a Toyota Camry of a similar year. The Camry must be a V6 model.

I'm not really interested in anything older than a 2010 car, unless it's a personal import, that hasn't been used, or registered in Nigeria. In this case, I may consider 2009 cars.

Thank you, all. smiley
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by kingreign(m): 11:04am On Jul 14, 2016
Siena:
Audi's look much nicer. wink

Na Toyota thread be this wink
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Nobody: 11:18am On Jul 14, 2016
kingreign:

Na Toyota thread be this wink

Abeg, free me, jor. Na small spice I dey add na. wink

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by kingreign(m): 11:30am On Jul 14, 2016
Siena:

Abeg, free me, jor. Na small spice I dey add na. wink
cheesy
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Stancity(m): 11:59am On Jul 14, 2016
MaryPrentiss:
I prefer the styling of the current Honda Accord, over that of the equivalent Toyota Camry.

But, I'm looking at the practical side of things. I'm in the market for a 2010 Toyota Avalon, or a Toyota Camry of a similar year. The Camry must be a V6 model.

I'm not really interested in anything older than a 2010 car, unless it's a personal import, that hasn't been used, or registered in Nigeria. In this case, I may consider 2009 cars.

Thank you, all. smiley
Avalon will certainly satisfy your urge... wink wink
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by davou4eva(m): 4:05pm On Jul 15, 2016
I'm using 2008 Toyota Corolla and i need to change the shocks. I intend to change the 2 at the front or probably the 4 and that will depend on the pricing. So, i need someone to give a quotation for the 2 at the front and the price for 4 shocks, also the price for tokunbo and new one. More so, i need advise on which one to go for, i mean, the new shocks or the tokunbo. Regards
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by davou4eva(m): 4:20pm On Jul 15, 2016
davou4eva:
I'm using 2008 Toyota Corolla and i need to change the shocks. I intend to change the 2 at the front or probably the 4 and that will depend on the pricing. So, i need someone to give a quotation for the 2 at the front and the price for 4 shocks, also the price for tokunbo and new one. More so, i need advise on which one to go for, i mean, the new shocks or the tokunbo. Regards

You can likewise forward your quotation (for tokunbo and new shocks) to my mail : davydove@yahoo.com. Its urgent
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by fullman(m): 10:04pm On Jul 15, 2016
Hi guys am about picking up my ToksToyota Camry 05.please expert what should I know about the car
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by mejai(m): 7:26pm On Aug 08, 2016
pls house, where can i get/buy.....toyota genuine maual transmission oil level api gl-4 sae 75w?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Autopartz: 9:39pm On Aug 08, 2016
For information on the price of the component for the Toyota Model and Year, you can contact suppliers directly by visiting the website:

www.autopartz.com (main site) and take the following steps:

Select Toyota(Make); (Model) and then (Year)

Subsequently, visit the 'browse categories' column and click on any component

All the suppliers of component for Toyota Model and Year you selected and registered with us would be displayed, either New/tokunbo

You can then click on the contact information of the suppliers of your choice to get the average price.

Please share your experience with us.

Thanks
Autopartz.com (Nigeria's premier online auto parts marketplace)

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Aidenehi: 1:22am On Aug 09, 2016
Do you have issues figuring out where to purchase high quality auto parts? Worry no more as #PARTBOYZ AUTO PARTS is here to solve your problems. Purchase high quality Oil filters, Air filters, Brake pads, Shock absorbers, all kinds of motor lubricants etc @ affordable prices.
We are located at Gbagada mechanic village, Lagos, Nigeria or call 08171449656.
Visit us today and you'd be glad you did.
Pls rebroadcast. Thanks.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by 3RNEST(m): 12:37am On Aug 10, 2016
I belong here bcuz I love toyota
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by montero4(m): 7:26am On Aug 10, 2016
I also use the 1996 model of Toyota camry, 2.2L (Orobo) for about 4years now without any major mechanical repair aside aside fan belt change and power steering oil leakage. However, i change my engine oil with 20w50 Total engine oil at every 3,000m drive. I love just everything about the car, though its beginning to gulp fuel like never after i suspected the cocaine chamber in my exhaust pot was tampered with.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by honmusa(m): 7:30am On Aug 10, 2016
fullman:
Hi guys am about picking up my ToksToyota Camry 05.please expert what should I know about the car
You better get a professional (not Kazeem ) to inspect all the systems in the car system before committing your hard earn money to avoid the story that touches the heart.
If you need the service of a professional car inspection geek in lagos Contact autologic @08061166316.
Autologic will help also help you to get the best bargain with the seller as the current true value of the car will be presented to the seller.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by BushDoctor123: 1:25pm On Sep 11, 2016
Happy Sunday the gurus in the house. Please my Toyota sienna makes a screeching (very audible) sound when I applied the brake pedal. I started hearing the sound three days ago after I travelled to the village. I changed the brake pads two months ago and this is my first brake pad change since I bought the ride almost a year ago. Is it that the brake pad has worn out or what? I am presently in the village for the holidays. am scared of these under the mango mechanics. pls what do u advise I do? tnx.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by interoute: 4:00pm On Sep 11, 2016
The clock (Time) of a corolla 2005 has not been functional since it was bought as tokunbo. Please what is the likely cause? Thanks for your responses in advance
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by kingreign(m): 7:36pm On Sep 11, 2016
interoute:
The clock (Time) of a corolla 2005 has not been functional since it was bought as tokunbo. Please what is the likely cause? Thanks for your responses in advance

buy another clock LCD.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by kingreign(m): 7:37pm On Sep 11, 2016
interoute:

buy another clock LCD.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by interoute: 9:53pm On Sep 11, 2016
kingreign:

buy another clock LCD.
Thanks. Do u have an idea of the price
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by boldx(m): 4:05am On Sep 12, 2016
BushDoctor123:
Happy Sunday the gurus in the house. Please my Toyota sienna makes a screeching (very audible) sound when I applied the brake pedal. I started hearing the sound three days ago after I travelled to the village. I changed the brake pads two months ago and this is my first brake pad change since I bought the ride almost a year ago. Is it that the brake pad has worn out or what? I am presently in the village for the holidays. am scared of these under the mango mechanics. pls what do u advise I do? tnx.
Change your brake pads.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Nobody: 6:17pm On Sep 12, 2016
By God's grace I'm joining you guys next month end, I'm planning to buy a Toyota camry 1999 pencil. I'm following the advise of all my senior car owners on here cos this is going to be my first ride.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by smsglory(m): 10:01pm On Sep 12, 2016
honmusa:

You better get a professional (not Kazeem ) to inspect all the systems in the car system before committing your hard earn money to avoid the story that touches the heart.
If you need the service of a professional car inspection geek in lagos Contact autologic @08061166316.
Autologic will help also help you to get the best bargain with the seller as the current true value of the car will be presented to the seller.

Yes, honmusa.....I must say this, Autologic service is pretty nice.
He takes his time to get to the root cause of a problem after careful check of all the components of the car.
Thumbs up honmusa
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by interoute: 10:56am On Sep 13, 2016
interoute:

Thanks to a nairalander, Abbeyme, for showing me how to fix the clock.

This video is about How to fix the clock on your 2003-2008 Toyota Corolla. What happens is that the solder goes bad on both sides of all five resistors on clock's computer board. This video describes how to easily take apart different dash panels, open up the clock housing, and reheat and/or resolder the solder points on the resistors to allow to clock to function again.

FYI: If the reheating of the solder joints do not work, you MUST apply new solder to the ends of all 5 resistors as shown in this video.

Please be careful when using a soldering iron to do this fix.

How to fix the clock on your 2003-2008 Toyota Cor…:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfGE4AeTQCE&itct
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Smartademu(m): 12:59pm On Sep 14, 2016
Please help me: btw a corolla (2004) and a Picnic which do u advice I choose. Consider fuel economy and ruggedness pls.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Durbaubal682: 10:31pm On Sep 14, 2016
Hello every one, how are you? smiley
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by tutuwater(m): 6:39am On Sep 20, 2016
Are Autoboss brake pads good?. My Kazeem could not get other pads an decided to use Autoboss brake pads.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Crixie(m): 3:05pm On Sep 20, 2016
Auto boss is good if you can still find the genuine ones,the auto parts markets of naija has been flooded with cheap Chinese imitation of the said auto boss for years ...Just be careful in your search
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by paix(m): 4:27pm On Sep 20, 2016
I drive a 2011 Toyota Avensis, I changed the left hand side front bearing as a result of humming noise. To my surprise, the noise still persists. What else should I suspect?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by BushDoctor123: 11:05pm On Oct 21, 2016
Good evening house, please my Toyota sienna 2000 model seat belt light located by the side of the clock blinks intermittent when the van is on motion, sometimes it doesn't. pls what is the cause and solution ? Thanks.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by eduxerxes: 11:18am On Oct 22, 2016
Smartademu:
Please help me: btw a corolla (2004) and a Picnic which do u advice I choose. Consider fuel economy and ruggedness pls.
Toyota picnic does it. Cheap maintenance plus fuel economy. But make sure u buy 4-plugs and it must be Direct belgium car else...u're OYO
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by kingreign(m): 11:08pm On Oct 22, 2016
BushDoctor123:
Good evening house, please my Toyota sienna 2000 model seat belt light located by the side of the clock blinks intermittent when the van is on motion, sometimes it doesn't. pls what is the cause and solution ? Thanks.

Passenger seat occupancy classification system is having an issue. Did you recently removed the seats for washing or do you have loads on the seat?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by BushDoctor123: 11:55pm On Oct 22, 2016
kingreign:

Passenger seat occupancy classification system is having an issue. Did you recently removed the seats for washing or do you have loads on the seat?
Yes I sometimes remove the two seats at the rear when I need to move some large objects that the trunk can not contain, but sometimes the flashing stops. pls what simple method can I use to rectify this issue tnx in advance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (44) (Reply)

Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) / Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley / Automatic Gearbox Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.