Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers (160157 Views)

Strict Information For All Car Users And Technicians / Loading.kwi File Needed For Toyota / Engine Oil For Toyota Camry Big-Daddy (2003 XLE) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Wadosky(m): 7:20pm On Jan 28, 2013
dioman: MODEL: Toyota Corrolla
YEAR: 2000

The Car was in a good condition till last week, afta using d AC on Tuesday for a whole day, d car couldnt spark on Wednesday morning. D fault was trace
to the battery of which we replaced with a new 75A battery. After driving a whole day again with AC, d battery was down. I've replaced my alternator cos my electrician complained that it wsnt charging full bt all to no avail. am tired....any help.
Most roadside mechanics or electricians rely so much on trial n error approach.I still suspect ur alternator or u take ur car for a full diagnosis,it may cost u more bt its worth it so u can enjoy ur car.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by phecs: 7:26pm On Jan 28, 2013
Dude we re on d same page ve fallin in love wiv cars even though I dnt have one yet and
Zakkyoz: I don't really have a car for now. In fact, i'm a fresh graduate hunting for job but always happy with toyota users for their choice. I so much love toyota camry especially the latest versions. I believe someday, i'll buy one.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by tuoyoojo(m): 7:31pm On Jan 28, 2013
I just got a 2007 corolla from a friend.the one dat is locally referred to as bank type.d interior design is not impressive I must confess but wat it lost in design it made up for it when it comes to performance and fuel economy.wen I was travellin I filled d tank very well and I did 200km before the fuel indicator moved...I was tinkin maybe der was a problem as it didn't move initially.I drove from zaria to ekiti with jus roffly a half tank that was roffly an 8 hours trip.if I wud advise anyone who is yet to get a car and u wanna buy a toyota...and u desire fuel economy..den mak it a toyota...biko!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Jeboy(m): 7:40pm On Jan 28, 2013
I use a Toyota Echo 2001 model. The features I enjoy most is d fuel efficiency. I use less than 7 litres fuel to and fro work with ac on.Its also rugged and so reliable.I was not as much confident using my rover 620 with honda engine but dis my toyota car I bump into it anytime and it never dissapoints.Thinking of upgrading soonest by selling to buy corrolla 2004, Lagos users dey intimidate me badly.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jan 28, 2013
timbros: Which engine oil do you use for your Toyota?

A-Z oil 4litres is okay.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jan 28, 2013
gbolahan1: Someone should please give me tips on Toyota corolla 2004/5 model. I'm hoping to buy it soon. is it fuel efficient? what about the cost of maintenance?

Very cheap to maintain, very fuel efficient and very rugged ride.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jan 28, 2013
gboss4sure: Am a die hard fan of Toyota Avalon. It defines your personality. Honda lost me to Toyota, talk of Problem Free cars you talk of Toyota.

Me went thesame way too. No hassles.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jan 28, 2013
Jarus: A Toyota user here. Used 2 Honda products (Civic 2004 and Accord 2004 EOD) in the past before switching to Toyota SUV - 4runner 2005 early last year. Enjoying it so far.

I think Toyota do far better SUVs than Honda. But almost at par for salon cars.

Toyota 4runner is the best SUV with respect to road handling. Only that car dusts my Toyota camry whenever am travelling.

I lose hope whenever i meet it on the expressway. Btw, that will be my next personal car. Aside my new L300 for transport tinz.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by nattymallam: 8:13pm On Jan 28, 2013
segzi cres:

How much did u get it? I wanna get d same soon

Guy just enter Ikoku market u will certainly get a CD that will fit in
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jan 28, 2013
dioman: MODEL: Toyota Corrolla
YEAR: 2000

The Car was in a good condition till last week, afta using d AC on Tuesday for a whole day, d car couldnt spark on Wednesday morning. D fault was trace
to the battery of which we replaced with a new 75A battery. After driving a whole day again with AC, d battery was down. I've replaced my alternator cos my electrician complained that it wsnt charging full bt all to no avail. am tired....any help.

Talking of using A.C., do you spend your whole day inside your car?

Maybe you should just stop using your A.C. I dont use mine anymore. Cause it was spoiling every one month after fixing it.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by amokemi(m): 8:23pm On Jan 28, 2013
Toyota..Good Thinking, good product.

I use a 1998 Corolla. I've been using it for 2 years now, the car is superb. I will recommend Toyota to anybody buying car for the first time.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jan 28, 2013
Dream1: I find Toyota cars very bland and lacking character. Even the new camry falls short when you talk about design and class. I like a car that makes a statement and has a presence.

Agreed. Which one do you drive? You can be more convincing by stating your experiences with the brand you drive yet you never mentioned your preference.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jan 28, 2013
gboss4sure:

The car the make me go madt. Anytime i look at the pix online i just let desire for it consume me.

God, I need this car this 2013 Avalon this year cause is my right to ask and receive.

I love the 2012 Avalon interior above the 2013 but the 2013 exterior is cool.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by nattymallam: 8:31pm On Jan 28, 2013
segzi cres:

How much did u get it? I wanna get d same soon

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jan 28, 2013
mykalls: I bought this toyota 2001 camry model through nairaland autos. Its being great for the past 2 years. Last month i decided to change the shocks and the break pad. After i did this my car no longer runs smoothly. The car behaves as if the front tyres have a problem. If i climb a bump i will hear a loud thud, as if the shock is hitting the car. It is really frustrating. Please i will want someone to help me out in this forum.

Maybe you didnt use a good mechanic. Plus, did your old shocks fail before you decided changing to a new one? Some mechanics do play tricks on car users especially when you dont purchase the new parts yourself and take away the old ones, they could rework/repack the old ones and fix them on your car. They did it to my shaft when i was a novice.

Did you do wheel alignment after changing your shocks?

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jan 28, 2013
Wadosky: I have a camry2001 model,its alwz giving me a virgin problem in d sense dat mechanics may nt hav heard about it before.
The current problem is dat d engine turns off by itself and it starts without problem only to turn off after a couple of minutes and I will start it again till I get to my destination.
It rily gets me so depressed especially when I hear that the model is free from wahala.

Tell a competent electrician to disconnect any security wired on the car. What the car security does is to cut off the fuel supply to the engine and it goes off.

It was happening to my toyota camry 1995 till it was disconnected.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Yazy(m): 9:45pm On Jan 28, 2013
yuzedo: Avensis
2.0l
Very reliable. Far from problematic.. A lot stronger than most of the newer, plastic models. Accessible and affordable parts. Am i pleased with the car? Hell yeah! Big eye no go carry me go wetin go drain me, amen! cheesy

BUTTTTTTTTT.................... Eyeing a 2011 Avalon or Highlander next, so help me God!
cool
2.0l
Very reliable. Far from problematic.. A lot stronger than most of the newer, plastic models. Accessible and affordable parts. Am i pleased with the car? Hell yeah! Big eye no go carry me go wetin go drain me, amen! cheesy

BUTTTTTTTTT.................... Eyeing a 2011 Avalon or Highlander next, so help me God!
cool
2.0l

cool
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Dejijossy(m): 12:06am On Jan 29, 2013
Model: Hillander
Year: 2003
Engine: 2.3
I acquired this machine in June last year. Recently its displaying VSC. Its not affecting the vehicle's performance but am concerned. If u ever have such fault alarm kindly advise.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by HARDDON: 12:36am On Jan 29, 2013
Wadosky: I have a camry2001 model,its alwz giving me a virgin problem in d sense dat mechanics may nt hav heard about it before.
The current problem is dat d engine turns off by itself and it starts without problem only to turn off after a couple of minutes and I will start it again till I get to my destination.
It rily gets me so depressed especially when I hear that the model is free from wahala.

Do Ʊ by choice have any form of security on it? If Ʊ do, go read up its manual again
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by timbros(m): 9:04am On Jan 29, 2013
okpara ugo:

A-Z oil 4litres is okay.

Thanks man. A friend is suggesting Mobil for me. He is using the "big daddy" model and he says thats what he has been using for 2 years now...
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by timbros(m): 9:05am On Jan 29, 2013
nattymallam:

I've been to Ikoku twice but couldnt get a fitting one.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Esanyonmi(m): 11:04am On Jan 29, 2013
Model:toyota camry
Year:1999
A K A :pencil light

The first issue I have with this car is the licking of the steering oil, its licking and don't no where the licking is from but I normally top the oil every week..

Also my shock absorber is bad and was told by some one to buy automatic...
Where can I buy this and how can I fix the steering oil issue?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by ismail09: 11:15am On Jan 29, 2013
which type of engine oil is d best for toyota engine especially corola? Help pls
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by timbros(m): 11:38am On Jan 29, 2013
Esanyonmi: Model:toyota camry
Year:1999
A K A :pencil light

The first issue I have with this car is the licking of the steering oil, its licking and don't no where the licking is from but I normally top the oil every week..

Also my shock absorber is bad and was told by some one to buy automatic...
Where can I buy this and how can I fix the steering oil issue?

It depends on your location. If its Lagos, I believe Ladipo is the best place to buy it. In PH you can get it in Ikokwu.
I havent experienced leakage in my steering oil. But just visit any competent Toyota mechanic. He/she can trace the leakage and fix it.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by timbros(m): 11:40am On Jan 29, 2013
ismail09: which type of engine oil is d best for toyota engine especially corola? Help pls

Someone here suggested A-Z oil. My friend uses Mobil. I havent changed mine yet but i'll go for one of those two when its time.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by eminemkayc: 1:04pm On Jan 29, 2013
I use a Toyota corolla 2007 model
I think (in my opinion) that its the MOST RELIABLE toyota brand.
as a proof, sit out and count the vehicles plying lagos roads, ul find out that at least ONE in every TEN cars is a corolla, irrespective of the model... Corolla rocks
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by olajay5: 1:24pm On Jan 29, 2013
ismail09: which type of engine oil is d best for toyota engine especially corola? Help pls

Issues regarding cars engine oil has been discussed severally on this platform. The best engine oil to use for any car is stated in the user manual of the car. Just check your user manual and u will get the best for your engine. However, if you do not have the manual, then you can google it on the net or look for somebody who has the manual.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by chidyke77(m): 1:49pm On Jan 29, 2013
Hw good is a fairly used toyota rav4 1998 model in terms of maintenance, affordability of spare parts etc?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by chikeorji123(m): 4:49am On Jan 30, 2013
Guys my first car was:Toyota 4runner 1995; l thank baba God for this wife!,Strong?ha na tyson o!
Ac: that one na hammatan.
4wheel drive: na m be the name.
Fuel economy?: haba no shaking! even wit aircon.
maintainance?: very cheap.
durability:mechanic go dey pray make the thing brake naa..
flooding period?: infact road car users go dey envy u as u de cruize.
High way?: very aggresive chalenging his superious..
planing to upgrade which one? Toyota offcourse.. hahaha!.
post pic coming soon..

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (44) (Reply)

Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) / Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley / Automatic Gearbox Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.