Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,779 members, 7,831,509 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers - Car Talk (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers (160570 Views)

Strict Information For All Car Users And Technicians / Loading.kwi File Needed For Toyota / Engine Oil For Toyota Camry Big-Daddy (2003 XLE) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Nobody: 2:50pm On Aug 18, 2017
kingreign:

That's about the the price in Abuja. If it's KYB it's 50-75k depending on source
Thanks a lot.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by derbylicious: 7:58am On Aug 23, 2017
dudu200:
My people please I need your assistance on this! I am about to commit to buy a toyotal Avalon 2002 nsija used for 1.1m . this is my first car. I will be asking s mechanic to inspect it for me tommorow and make payment if certify okay. Please I need ur suggestion and advice on it. The money is a loan to be paid with interest. Thank u.

I own a 2000 Avalon xls, it's a very good car and I commute approximately 2hrs 3x/4x a week . I just love how quiet it is, it is underrated tbh! I fill up my tank every other week. Was worried that it's 17years old but it is very much strong! Make sure the mechanic is experienced specifically with Toyota cars, you'd be fine...go for a test drive and decide

I test drove a Camry,corolla and Avalon and wholeheartedly knew the Avalon was for me despite the other two cars were later models
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by joecheezeman(m): 10:50am On Aug 23, 2017
Good morning guys.
I'm happy to be on a forum as this.
Pls I just got an 09 Toyota Camry and the check engine light have been on.
Furthermore, the tachometer works of and on as well as the AC. I checked YouTube and saw that the culprit is the ABS module.
A friend and his mechanic told me not to touch it as it can spoil lots of things in the car.
This is my first car please is this problem fixable? Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by stinville(m): 3:45pm On Aug 23, 2017
Hello guys. I own a toyota camry 1998 (AKA pencil/thin light). It has served me very well for 8yrs now but sadly the engine knocked just recently. (the mechanic says the oil filter used was probably a fake one)
Now to get it fixed my mechanic says all I need to change is the crank shaft (standard). But the people have been advising i just buy another engine altogether, arguing that changing only the crank shaft alone will not help.
Please what are your opinions? Considering this APC era, every kobo is important.
Thanks
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by kingreign(m): 5:22pm On Aug 23, 2017
joecheezeman:
Good morning guys.
Furthermore, the tachometer works of and on as well as the AC. I checked YouTube and saw that the culprit is the ABS module.
A friend and his mechanic told me not to touch it as it can spoil lots of things in the car.

It can be fixed once you get a working ABS module that matches your own car. Are you the person who called in from Abuja a while ago?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:00pm On Aug 23, 2017
joecheezeman:
Good morning guys.

tachometer gets feeds from engine ecu, engine ecu gets engine rotation speed from crank/camshaft sensors. abs does not control tachometer.

Air conditioning for an 09 camry requires input from the crank/cam sensors to operate properly.

the speedometer gets speed inputs from the ABS module, the abs module gets the feeds from the wheel speed sensors.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by joecheezeman(m): 6:42pm On Aug 23, 2017
It can be fixed once you get a working ABS module that matches your own car. Are you the person who called in from Abuja a while ago?

Nope I'm not the one that called. But how can I get the right ABS module? Thanks for your response.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by joecheezeman(m): 6:47pm On Aug 23, 2017
[quote author=kingreign post=59758189]

It can be fixed once you get a working ABS module that matches your own car. Are you the person who called in from Abuja a while ago?[/

Ok.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by citizenjuwon(m): 6:50pm On Aug 23, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

tachometer gets feeds from engine ecu, engine ecu gets engine rotation speed from crank/camshaft sensors. abs does not control tachometer.

Air conditioning for an 09 camry requires input from the crank/cam sensors to operate properly.

the speedometer gets speed inputs from the ABS module, the abs module gets the feeds from the wheel speed sensors.

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by citizenjuwon(m): 6:50pm On Aug 23, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Is tachometer synonymous to odometer.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:00pm On Aug 23, 2017
citizenjuwon:

odometer is the mileage counter. wink

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by kingreign(m): 8:40pm On Aug 23, 2017
citizenjuwon:

The first time we spoke about this issue, you told me speedometer and some ABS related issues. But we couldn't meet cos of my schedule.

Let's meet and run a detailed diagnosis so we know what's actually going on with your Camry.

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by OShepherd: 5:38pm On Aug 24, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Oga Gazzuz, av observed an O/D Off on my clusters, what indication is this? Its a 1999 Toyota Camry sir
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:01pm On Aug 24, 2017
OShepherd:
Oga Gazzuz, av observed an O/D Off on my clusters, what indication is this? Its a 1999 Toyota Camry sir

you pressed this button. press it again.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by dpsalmist15: 6:08pm On Aug 24, 2017
Hello peeps pls need your advice about the Lexus RX 300 2002 about to get one .. Want to know if its a easy car to maintain .how reliable is it and its durability thanks in advance for your contributuons
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by compunigeria: 3:58pm On Aug 26, 2017
please help with my car brake issue. The brake becomes low (and will need pumping before it will "catch" ) after driving a long distance above 130km/h or driving on a rough road with frequent use of the brake.
Brake works fine until any of the above occurs and will return to normal after
a period of inactivity.
i ve changed the brake pads.....no effect
bleeding the brake oil.....no effect
change of brake oil....no effect

Changing the "O "ring rubber on the brake master.....seems to improve for about a week then no effect again

my car is camry 2004, V4.
PLEASE HELP
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by kingreign(m): 4:02pm On Aug 26, 2017
compunigeria:
please help with my car brake issue. The brake becomes low (and will need pumping before it will "catch"winkafter driving a long distance above 130km/h or driving on a rough road with frequent use of the brake.
a period of inactivity.

Changing the "O "ring rubber on the brake master.....seems to improve for about a week then no effect again

PLEASE HELP

Don't rekit brake master. Replace it.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by compunigeria: 4:06pm On Aug 26, 2017
kingreign:

Don't rekit brake master. Replace it.
the mechanics here said the brake master is ok. "they removed it and tried pushing it against resistant and concluded it was ok.

Do u recommend i shld just change it ?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by kingreign(m): 4:48pm On Aug 26, 2017
compunigeria:

the mechanics here said the brake master is ok. "they removed it and tried pushing it against resistant and concluded it was ok.

Do u recommend i shld just change it ?

Wait I, does your car have ABS unit?
Scan the ABS

Also. I don't trust the pushing and resistance nansense. Get another Brake master also. Check if your servo unit is okay.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:04pm On Aug 26, 2017
compunigeria:
please help with my car brake issue. The brake becomes low (and will need pumping before it will "catch" ) after driving a long distance above 130km/h or driving on a rough road with frequent use of the brake.
a period of inactivity.

PLEASE HELP

problem is a buildup of excessive heat in the brake fluid. it is transmitted from brakepad/brakerotor contact - claipper- brake master. what happens is your brake oil get too hot until it thins out.

1. check the vents on the brake rotor if they are covered in mud. ensure they are open and free. (pics attached).
the vents are there to ensure it cools quicker.

2. stop using fake brake pads, I will increase your stopping distance thereby increasing the amount of time there is contact between the pad and the rotor.

3.stop using fake brake oil. I recommend ATE.

4. drive at an even speed on bad roads to reduce excessive braking.

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by compunigeria: 5:29pm On Aug 26, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

problem is a buildup of excessive heat in the brake fluid. it is transmitted from brakepad/brakerotor contact - claipper- brake master. what happens is your brake oil get too hot until it thins out.

1. check the vents on the brake rotor if they are covered in mud. ensure they are open and free. (pics attached).

2. stop using fake brake pads, I will increase your stopping distance thereby increasing the amount of time there is contact between the pad and the rotor.

thanks for your quick reply.
I will check it (brake rotor vent) with a mechanic on monday, will give u feed back.
CHECKED...They are patent(open)

i will look for the ATE DOT4(I pray i ll see in Kaduna)
on the last point...i cant even drive beyond 30km/hr on bad road because the brake wont even work until it cools or i pump many times
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by compunigeria: 6:27pm On Aug 26, 2017
kingreign:

Wait I, does your car have ABS unit?
Scan the ABS

Also. I don't trust the pushing and resistance nansense. Get another Brake master also. Check if your servo unit is okay.
No ABS(no ABS light on starting the car)
pls do u have idea of the cost of the brake master ?(so that i wont be cheated).
thanks
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by sherbol: 6:43pm On Aug 26, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

I ve similar issue with ma camry 2002. Am using Ate. I just bled ma brake on thur n d problems still persist. Ma car has no ABS.
Plz help me out.

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Coldplay007(f): 8:16am On Aug 27, 2017
compunigeria:

No ABS(no ABS light on starting the car)
pls do u have idea of the cost of the brake master ?(so that i wont be cheated).
thanks
2004 car does not have ABS?

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by nurey(m): 8:52am On Aug 27, 2017
Coldplay007:
2004 car does not have ABS?
I think the base model probably LE has ABS as optional grin welcome to toyotaland

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by honmusa(m): 9:03am On Aug 27, 2017
nurey:

I think the base model probably LE has ABS as optional grin welcome to toyotaland
Which why I hate Toyota sometimes .
ABS is a life saving safety gadget and should never be what a serious manufacturing that consider safety over other things made an option .

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by kingreign(m): 9:07am On Aug 27, 2017
E dey ATE na OEM brake parts and fluid for OPEL and Vauxhall
compunigeria:

thanks for your quick reply.
I will check it (brake rotor vent) with a mechanic on monday, will give u feed back.
CHECKED...They are patent(open)

i will look for the ATE DOT4(I pray i ll see in Kaduna)
on the last point...i cant even drive beyond 30km/hr on bad road because the brake wont even work until it cools or i pump many times
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by nurey(m): 9:08am On Aug 27, 2017
honmusa:

Which why I hate Toyota sometimes .
ABS is a life saving safety gadget and should never be what a serious manufacturing that consider safety over other things made an option .

We don't need ABS, it prevent us from doing donut, drifting and splatata our vehicles grin
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by stinville(m): 5:06pm On Aug 27, 2017
stinville:
Hello guys. I own a toyota camry 1998 (AKA pencil/thin light). It has served me very well for 8yrs now but sadly the engine knocked just recently. (the mechanic says the oil filter used was probably a fake one)
Now to get it fixed my mechanic says all I need to change is the crank shaft (standard). But the people have been advising i just buy another engine altogether, arguing that changing only the crank shaft alone will not help.
Please what are your opinions? Considering this APC era, every kobo is important.
Thanks
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by stinville(m): 5:07pm On Aug 27, 2017
�advise needed. Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (44) (Reply)

Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) / Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley / Automatic Gearbox Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.