Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,769 members, 7,851,626 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:46 AM

I Don’t Believe In Rotational Presidency- Rochas Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Don’t Believe In Rotational Presidency- Rochas Okorocha (618 Views)

Caption This Photo Of Rochas Okorocha Dancing Shakitibobo As Tekno Sings / 2019 Presidency: Rochas Okorocha To Takeover From Buhari-ifeduba / Governor Rochas Okorocha Dancing Shoki At APC Rally In Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don’t Believe In Rotational Presidency- Rochas Okorocha by Abagworo(m): 11:53pm On Jan 23, 2013
Imo State Governor Rochas Okorocha said this afternoon in Minna Niger State that rotation of leadership positions in the country should be between the rich and the poor. Rochas said rotation of power between or among regions or ethnic groups is an exploitative strategy of the rich to continue to dominate the poor and enrich themselves.

Rochas made the statement while speaking at the 1st graduation and award ceremony of the Abdulsalami Abubakar Institute for Peace and Sustainable Development Minna. Daily Times monitored the programme from Abuja.

The Imo State Governor said that while there is apparent disunity in the country, the nation is actually united, which he said translates to the fact that the reasons for internal crisis in the country are turbulence of the stomach occasioned by poverty. He therefore called on the leaders of the nation at all levels to address what he called crisis of the stomach.

In his remark, former president Ibrahim Babangida commended governors Rotimi Amechi of Rivers State, Gabriel Suswam, Rochas Okorocha and Babangida Aliyu all of whom he described as young and dynamic leaders who are doing their best to transform their states, especially with their investment in quality education. Babangida described Abdulsalami Abubakar as a man with passion for peace.

The Governor of Niger State Babangida Aliyu made a pledge to continue to give quality service to the people of his state and went ahead to commend governors of Akwa Ibom and Rivers State who he said are using the huge amounts they are receiving from the Federation Account to impact positively on the lives of their people.

The occasion was attended by many traditional rulers, Vice Chancellors of universities and other eminent personalities.

Highlight of the ceremony was the presentation of certificate of honorary awards to Babangida, Abdulsalami, Rochas, Suswam, Amechi and Babangida Aliyu.

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/i-don’t-believe-rotational-presidency-rochas-okorocha
Re: I Don’t Believe In Rotational Presidency- Rochas Okorocha by ba7man(m): 12:14am On Jan 24, 2013
I strongly agree. "No!!!" To any form of rotation. Leadership should b by merit.
Re: I Don’t Believe In Rotational Presidency- Rochas Okorocha by Afam4eva(m): 12:22am On Jan 24, 2013
I wonder how a rotational presidency between the rich and the poor will be like. I won't be surprised if the likes of Babangida and Atiku claim to be bankrupt when it's the turn of the poor to rule.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Believe In Rotational Presidency- Rochas Okorocha by Nobody: 12:50am On Jan 24, 2013
Highlight of the ceremony was the presentation of certificate of honorary awards to Babangida, Abdulsalami, Rochas, Suswam, Amechi and Babangida Aliyu.

Now this is the reason why they came not this rich, poor, rotation, bush fallowing shit.

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo Treated Nigerians Like Animals – Former Presidential Adviser / Maku Expressesdisappointment With Contractor On East-west Road / Ribadu On Alam's Pardon: "We Don't Need This Kind Of Negative Signal..."

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.