Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,516 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Warning To Mothers!!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Warning To Mothers!!! (1487 Views)

A Message To Mothers. "MUST READ" / From Mummy To Mum To Mothers / A Tribute To Mothers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Warning To Mothers!!! by Ijeleigbo(m): 7:21am On Jan 24, 2013
1. Warn your girl child never to sit on anyone’s laps no matter the situation including uncles.

2. Avoid getting dressed in front of your child once he/she is 2years old. Learn to excuse yourself.

3. If you have to hire a house-help please kindly take them for HIV screening to determine their HIV status, properly interview them and make up your mind to treat them well.

4. Never allow any adult refer to your new born as ‘my wife’ or ‘my husband’

5. Never tempt your husband with your younger sister.

6. Avoid unnecessary familiarity and make sure you take care of your husband by yourself lest you lead her into temptation.

7. Whenever your child goes out to play with friends make sure you look for a way to find out what kind of play they played together because young people now sexually abuse themselves.

8. Never force your child to visit any adult he or she is not comfortable with and also be observant if your child becomes too fond of a particular adult.

9. Once a very lively child suddenly becomes withdrawn you might need to patiently ask a lot of questions from your child.

10. Dont allow your girl child to get in bath tubs with his father or older brothers.
11. If you don’t teach your children about sex the society will teach them the wrong values (you can go for parent sexuality education kit)

12. It is always advisable you go through any new material like cartoons you just bought for them before they start seeing it themselves

13. Teach your 3year olds how to wash their private parts properly and warn them never to allow anyone touch those areas and that includes you.

14. Blacklist some materials you think could threaten the sanity of your child (that includes music, movies and musicians) and let them understand the value of standing out of the crowd.

15. Once your child complains about a particular person, don’t keep quiet about it. Take up the case and show them you can defend Them!

8 Likes

Re: Warning To Mothers!!! by Nobody: 7:25am On Jan 24, 2013
Very useful information bruv. Considering the current rate of child-rape and pedophilia these days.
Re: Warning To Mothers!!! by Ijeleigbo(m): 7:44am On Jan 24, 2013
pDude: Very useful information bruv. Considering the current rate of child-rape and pedophilia these days.

Seriously! Our modern day mothers need enlightenment on this! Child abuse is on the increase.....
Re: Warning To Mothers!!! by Exponental(m): 7:56am On Jan 24, 2013
Nice one!
In addition..........be friendly with ur child so as 2 make him/her open up issues 2 u.
Re: Warning To Mothers!!! by Ijeleigbo(m): 7:59am On Jan 24, 2013
Exponental: Nice one!
In addition..........be friendly with ur child so as 2 make him/her open up issues 2 u.

Yeah! Effective communication is very necessary
Re: Warning To Mothers!!! by MyneWhite1(f): 8:28am On Jan 24, 2013
These are very key tips but I suggest it can be used for both parents smiley
Re: Warning To Mothers!!! by Nobody: 11:24am On Jan 24, 2013
smiley. May we never grow weary of such messages!!

2 Likes

Re: Warning To Mothers!!! by 190theclown: 1:57pm On Jan 24, 2013
Flytefalls: smiley. May we never grow weary of such messages!!

Re: Warning To Mothers!!! by 2sexy(m): 2:17pm On Jan 24, 2013
Another thing, don't allow anyone call her 'ashawo' i dont know if you have experienced such, but I have heard it before where a newborn, a girl , is referred to as ashawo. Some fools will say 'na ashawo i born' or 'u don born ashawo' or 'na ashawo he born'. I grew up among d Binis and I dont know of other place.

But I made it known years ago that anyone who call my daughter, a new born for that matter, an ashawo, na cutlass I go use on dat person and I dont care if its my own brother or sister...

1 Like

Re: Warning To Mothers!!! by yuzedo: 2:53pm On Jan 24, 2013
Wow! I thought you were going to troll as usual... I can't even make any snarky remark, cos this message is as relevant as it is timely! Agree on most all points.

Na God go still protect people children shaa.. But some sensible precautionary measures as these won't hurt! smiley
Re: Warning To Mothers!!! by yuzedo: 2:57pm On Jan 24, 2013
Flytefalls: smiley. May we never grow weary of such messages!!
Amen!

2sexy: Another thing, don't allow anyone call her 'ashawo' i dont know if you have experienced such, but I have heard it before where a newborn, a girl , is referred to as ashawo. Some fools will say 'na ashawo i born' or 'u don born ashawo' or 'na ashawo he born'. I grew up among d Binis and I dont know of other place.

But I made it known years ago that anyone who call my daughter, a new born for that matter, an ashawo, na cutlass I go use on dat person and I dont care if its my own brother or sister...
Solid point man! Smh..
Re: Warning To Mothers!!! by greatgod2012(f): 2:58pm On Jan 24, 2013
Really nice!
This is more useful in family section......pls, mod........help.......
Re: Warning To Mothers!!! by SisiKill1: 3:07pm On Jan 24, 2013
Nice write up!

. . . .I guess fathers don't have a role to play in their children's lives, yes? Yep! A man making derogatory comments about women will no way affect how his daughter perceives herself or how his son will treat women, No siree bob!

A drunken, uncouth father appears Christlike and utterly devoid of sin in his children's eyes, so while they might be irreparable damaged because their mother allowed them to sit on stranger's laps or from seeing their mother nakid. . .they are completely immune to any of their dad's unfatherlike behavior.

Gosh! I just love it when we are very very clear on things likes like these.

1 Like

Re: Warning To Mothers!!! by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jan 24, 2013
Me wey con dey marry all children 4 my compound kor?
Re: Warning To Mothers!!! by dayokanu(m): 3:30pm On Jan 24, 2013
Ijele-igbo:

Explain this please
Re: Warning To Mothers!!! by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jan 24, 2013
dayokanu:

Explain this please
Yeah #6 too!
Re: Warning To Mothers!!! by SisiKill1: 3:38pm On Jan 24, 2013
Bwahahaha!! I didn't even read that far!!!

Only sister? I say

Never tempt your husband with female co-workers.
Never tempt your husband with female neighbors.
Never tempt your husband with female acquaintances, female passersby. . .in short, destroy all FEMALE BEINGS who might have a chance of crossing paths with your husband so they don't tempt him.

Hehehehehe I can't believe people....women actually read that crap and thought it oh so wonderful (devoid of sarcasm).

Lord have mercy!! cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Warning To Mothers!!! by dayokanu(m): 3:41pm On Jan 24, 2013
^^ Because husbands only get errecctions when they see younger sister but ignore and maintain their sanity when they see other female in town

Ijele-igbo:

6. Avoid unnecessary familiarity and make sure you take care of your husband by yourself lest you lead her into temptation.

Take care you mean what? You should be at McDonalds and serve him when he wants the double whooper, you should e at the gas station to attend to him, you should be his secretary etc

1 Like

Re: Warning To Mothers!!! by slimchi2k2(m): 4:27pm On Jan 24, 2013
well said
Re: Warning To Mothers!!! by Ishilove: 4:39pm On Jan 24, 2013
Ijele-igbo:
1. Warn your girl child never to sit on anyone’s laps no matter the situation including uncles.
Jesus, what is this world turning to?? Growing up, my favourite perch was my uncle's thighs each time he came to visit. He would hug me tight and I would hug him back. We would stay this way until he left the house. Even when leaving, I would beg my mum to let me follow him. He kept on carrying me until I became too big to sit on his legs and not nce did he attempt to molest me or abuse me in any form. WHAT IS THIS WORLD TURNING TO??!??

Ijele-igbo:

2. Avoid getting dressed in front of your child once he/she is 2years old. Learn to excuse yourself.
My parents dressed in front of me till I attained puberty. The world is sick undecided

Ijele-igbo:

3. If you have to hire a house-help please kindly take them for HIV screening to determine their HIV status, properly interview them and make up your mind to treat them well.

Oookay, this is really creepy. All our househelps were females but they didn't last cos they were too bloody stubborn. Even when my mum disciplined them, they never once mistreated me and my sibs.

Ijele-igbo:

4. Never allow any adult refer to your new born as ‘my wife’ or ‘my husband’
The world must be really sick. Such perversion. angry

Ijele-igbo:

grin wink grin

Ijele-igbo:

grin cheesy cheesy

Ijele-igbo:

7. Whenever your child goes out to play with friends make sure you look for a way to find out what kind of play they played together because young people now sexually abuse themselves.
True. 'Em lil kids play 'mama and papa' all the time. No be today e start, but it has gotten worse in contemporary times because of the sexualisation of the media.

Ijele-igbo:

8. Never force your child to visit any adult he or she is not comfortable with and also be observant if your child becomes too fond of a particular adult.
Society has gone stark raving mad. I was very fond of my uncle while growing up and my mum never had any cause to suspect foul play.

Ijele-igbo:

9. Once a very lively child suddenly becomes withdrawn you might need to patiently ask a lot of questions from your child.
I agree 100%. sad

Ijele-igbo:

10. Dont allow your girl child to get in bath tubs with his father or older brothers.
embarassed lipsrsealed
Aye ti baje sha. What was considered harmless in the past is now frowned upon.

Ijele-igbo:

11. If you don’t teach your children about sex the society will teach them the wrong values (you can go for parent sexuality education kit)
100%

Ijele-igbo:

12. It is always advisable you go through any new material like cartoons you just bought for them before they start seeing it themselves
True true.

Ijele-igbo:

13. Teach your 3year olds how to wash their private parts properly and warn them never to allow anyone touch those areas and that includes you.
Absolutely important we teach them this.

Ijele-igbo:

14. Blacklist some materials you think could threaten the sanity of your child (that includes music, movies and musicians) and let them understand the value of standing out of the crowd.
Very important.

Ijele-igbo:

15. Once your child complains about a particular person, don’t keep quiet about it. Take up the case and show them you can defend Them!
The world has gone horribly and perversely mad.
Re: Warning To Mothers!!! by Ijeleigbo(m): 7:48pm On Jan 24, 2013
Good break down ishilove...... Very nice analysis!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Best Of Friends: Baby Monkey, A Lion Cub & Tiger Cubs / Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! / 7 Habits Of Chronically Unhappy People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.