Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,714 members, 7,862,264 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 12:35 PM

Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ (9810 Views)

Tompolo: Withdraw Troops From Niger Delta – Ann-kio Briggs Warns Buhari / APC, Buhari Have Disappointed Nigerians But Don’t Blame Me – Oyegun / PDP Has Disappointed South-east –okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by tomakint: 9:27am On Jan 25, 2013
nkem Kalu: YOU ARE JUST ONE OF THE BIGGEST FOOLS NIGERIA HAS EVER PRODUCED OR U MUST BE A PAID ADVOCATE OF JONATHAN. SIMPLE OR U HAVE EYES BUT U CANNOT SEE.
Thanks 4 d compliments the 'seer' can we now hear from u what ur many 'past leaders' have done that can measure up to what Jonathan has done within his 2yrs in power especially in d area of women and youth empowerment, power supply, foreign direct investments, educational funding, poverty alleviation initiatives, etc undecided
Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by Truckpusher(m): 9:31am On Jan 25, 2013
NL paper tigers are going to have a field day.
Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by Nobody: 9:37am On Jan 25, 2013
Briggs said since 2011 when Jonathan was elected, “a lot of promises were made, a lot is still expected, we can neither run away from the reality that Nigerians have waited for two and half years since 2011 to get what they voted for- change.”

How is May 29th 2011 to date two and half years? It seems she was high on something when she made those statements.

The truth is that people support GEJ for different reasons. Some out of patriotism and some just to enlarge their pockets. Those who support GEJ out of selfish interest and feel left out in the scheme of things may turn around to criticise the govt.

The govt is in dilemma. It wants and has to perform. But at the same time it has to carry some loyalists along. However, not all the loyalists can be carried along, otherwise the govt will be BOGGED DOWN and unable to perform.

There are sectors which must be filled with technocrats if the govt must deliver in those sectors. Prof Nebo was recently appointed for ministerial position. But who knows if he supported or opposed GEJ during the 2011 elections? Same with the performing minister of Agric and many others in his cabinet today. But GEJ has to swallow the bitter pill and appoint them into critical sectors so as to deliver services to the Nigerian people.

On the other hand, loyalists who fall by the way side, out of disappointment and frustration, may turn 360 degrees to become critics of the govt. This is the dilemma and the president has to manage a delicate balance in the situation.

2 Likes

Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by BetaThings: 9:38am On Jan 25, 2013
Truckpusher: If i were GEJ i'll simply not contest come 2015 and of course the thieving elites are waiting like hawks to grab power back and it becomes business as usual and all these NL paper tigers will shut their trap.

Before GEJ came into power we all know that Nigerian political elites are corrupt but we never get to know how much they stole from us or who stole what, but right now even a 5 year old child knows some of them by name and how much each one of them stole from the national treasury, yet we criticize him for not prosecuting them then my question is...what has his job got to do with prosecuting people that are found wanting in a democratic govt?
finally we should always support our leaders and criticize them constructively and not resorting to verbal abuse and name calling.
So what lessons is GEJ telling the 5 yr old when thieves (known to 5 yr olds) are not being punished
Please don't give us that excuse about judiciary
Bode George was put away with determined prosecution (the job of the executive) with the same judiciary
And please don't tell me that a budget of N325b for fuel subsidy was overspent to the tune of N10b, N100b, N1tr, N2tr without GEJ's knowledge
Nobody can overspend N5b without the president's say so, let alone N2tr
Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by tomakint: 9:45am On Jan 25, 2013
@ Truckpusher, may you LIVE long to see the NIGERIA of your dreams, I can assure you that as hopeless as some goons cases are here on NL, if they are unemployed, no wives, can't travel out, eat three square meals, their wives not pregnant, couldn't get admissions into higher institutions, their wives or husbands divorcing them the reason must definitely be JONATHAN! So much for hapless citizens of this country who cannot connect the dots of times cool
Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by Ozonna(m): 9:53am On Jan 25, 2013
Jerie: ^^ Well, we now pay more for electricity, we pay more for fuel and eith due respect, he has been an abject failure with regards to agriculture.How many NEW roads has he maintained? What of the Pension scam as well as the SURE-P wayo? How many SURE-P beneficiaries have been paid? On security, more people die from terrorism here than in Somalia.

Point of correction Sir, In Agriculture GEJ has performed more than any other President we've had in recent time (From IBB - Yaradua) in this sector in this 2yrs he's on seat.

As for the other points you raised, i believe Taharqa, Sincere Nigerian & co have dealt with every single one of them (except Terrorism)in this forum.

1 Like

Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by Nobody: 9:54am On Jan 25, 2013
saint22: She's nt married but enriching frm amaechi.dis is a campaign 4 amaechi's ambition as vp to jigawa gov.they'll fail cos d govs'll b devided

Can we cross check this "fact" by you with any available evidence ?
Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by MahatmaGhandi: 10:00am On Jan 25, 2013
ba7man: To be honest....Let's be a little fair on GEJ. At least he's revived the NRC, workin on NEPA, Agriculture and as per corruption, Ibori that used to be one of the most powerful men in Nigeria during Yaradua's tenure got prosecuted under his watch. He's probably punching above his weight by being president but he's making efforts.....He's not as firm as Nigerians require him to be on corruption and terrorism, that's why I'm not keen on him returning 2015.

now, this is how to criticise a man
Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by MahatmaGhandi: 10:08am On Jan 25, 2013
Boss13: I think Nigerians just want the government to be more transparent and accountable. People should also include their state governors and local government chairmen because they get allocations monthly. Honestly, Jonathan is still one of the best president so far. However, the rate of progress is slow and corruption is still on the high side. If only monthly publications of government spending ca be published and this can be confirmed by all and sundry, then we know we have an all inclusive government.

nice way to go
Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by karlmax2: 10:14am On Jan 25, 2013
nkem Kalu: YOU ARE JUST ONE OF THE BIGGEST FOOLS NIGERIA HAS EVER PRODUCED OR U MUST BE A PAID ADVOCATE OF JONATHAN. SIMPLE OR U HAVE EYES BUT U CANNOT SEE.
oga stop the abuse and take him on on what he said.simply take him on and compare note of the achievement of past government under 2year stop being a bitter hater! 2 pages now and no one I mean no one has taken up his challenge instead na abuse like he said name a past president and state his achievement under 2 year and compare note with him as he stated.if u can't and don't then your the bigest fool period
Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by femionasan(m): 10:17am On Jan 25, 2013
ocelot2006:

And this is the best argument you can come up with? Riiight.....

I do not argue with people that resort to name calling when they cant accept an opposing view. The fact still remains that performance speaks for itself, not the whole propaganda ish you people are doing. Anyway you are getting paid for an honest days work, so i dont blame you.
Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by MahatmaGhandi: 10:20am On Jan 25, 2013
karl max: oga stop the abuse and take him on on what he said.simply take him on and compare note of the achievement of past government under 2year stop being a bitter hater! 2 pages now and no one I mean no one has taken up his challenge instead na abuse like he said name a past president and state his achievement under 2 year and compare note with him as he stated.if u can't and don't then your the bigest fool period

karl max i tire for dem ooo, all they want to do is insult the man and anyone that wants to be objective.we should be throwing solid points and arguements not insults.
Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by karlmax2: 10:33am On Jan 25, 2013
Mahatma Ghandi:

karl max i tire for dem ooo, all they want to do is insult the man and anyone that wants to be objective.we should be throwing solid points and arguements not insults.
my brother that's nairaland for u.the thread is going to the 3rd page nobody has taken up his challenge I've leant not to join issues with some retards who no nothing.
Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by rchilee: 10:36am On Jan 25, 2013
undecided see pple's comments o....well we all av our different perspective about d administration just dat most comments on nl are been 'paid' for by govt officials to speak in favour of them! How on earth would some1 praise this administration where corruption is a canker worm.....well.....heaven help those who help themselves...naija better do...b4 it's gonna be too late....
Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by miiraaj: 10:52am On Jan 25, 2013
BetaThings:

What you call the Nothingness

All the refineries in Nigeria
All the bridges in Lagos including 3rd mainland bridge
At least 90% of federal universities, polytechnics, etc
At least 75% of federal airports
A vibrant national carrier - Nigeria Airways
A vibrant national shipping line - NNSL
PHCN infrastructure - transmission network
Most decent trunk A roads in the country
The oil pipelines all around the country
The gas pipelines reducing the power pressure on PHCN
Relocation to Abuja
Power suppy was relatively stable until the latter part of the 90s
Investment in most national assets being sold and "perhaps being pocketed" in the name of privatisation
Exportation of refined products by Nigeria
Most of the sports glory - 2 AFCON, Olympic soccer gold

The somethingness under your Southern Brother
Importation of petroleum products with attendant subsidy scam topping 2trillion Naira
No national airline. Even Virgin Nigeria/Air Nigeria have disappeared through asset stripping
No national shipping line. The local content policy exists on paper only. Where are the ships?
Abandoned projects, announced projects, politics of propaganda
Power supply has improved but tariff has sky rocketed

These points you raised won't make sense to disillusioned minds who make their comments from beer parlours.
Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by tomakint: 10:55am On Jan 25, 2013
J12:

You go wait tire. Criticising and insulting GEJ is now a hobby
My sister I tire o! No wonder most of our youths are 'educated and incorrigible illiterates' always in the habits of arguing blindly just for the fun of it!
Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by ocelot2006(m): 11:02am On Jan 25, 2013
BetaThings:

What you call the Nothingness

All the refineries in Nigeria
All the bridges in Lagos including 3rd mainland bridge
At least 90% of federal universities, polytechnics, etc
At least 75% of federal airports
A vibrant national carrier - Nigeria Airways
A vibrant national shipping line - NNSL
PHCN infrastructure - transmission network
Most decent trunk A roads in the country
The oil pipelines all around the country
The gas pipelines reducing the power pressure on PHCN
Relocation to Abuja
Power suppy was relatively stable until the latter part of the 90s
Investment in most national assets being sold and "perhaps being pocketed" in the name of privatisation
Exportation of refined products by Nigeria
Most of the sports glory - 2 AFCON, Olympic soccer gold

The somethingness under your Southern Brother
Importation of petroleum products with attendant subsidy scam topping 2trillion Naira
No national airline. Even Virgin Nigeria/Air Nigeria have disappeared through asset stripping
No national shipping line. The local content policy exists on paper only. Where are the ships?
Abandoned projects, announced projects, politics of propaganda
Power supply has improved but tariff has sky rocketed

Mr. Aboki, please shut the hell up

-under whose rule were our 4 refineries sabotaged and neglected?
-under whose rule were our schools abandoned?
-under whose rules were the same bridges and roads u mentioned equally abandoned and left to rot?
-When u folks handed over in 1999, how many aircrafts were still flying or even airworthy?
-who's rule was responsible for the ness in the health sector?
-whose rule was responsible for the decay of our power sector (transmission, distribution, generation)? How much power was being generated under same rule?
-whose rule almost destroyed the professionalism and moral of our military? Who grounded our tanks, our aircrafts, our warships?
-under whose rule did Nigeria become a pariah state?
-under whose rule did Nigerians experience total abuse of their basic rights

Please, feel free to provide the answers. Oh, while you're at it, answer this one question:

-whose administration(s) is trying to clean up 30 years+ of damn mess left behind by Northern leaders?

2 Likes

Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by ocelot2006(m): 11:06am On Jan 25, 2013
femionasan:

I do not argue with people that resort to name calling when they cant accept an opposing view. The fact still remains that performance speaks for itself, not the whole propaganda ish you people are doing. Anyway you are getting paid for an honest days work, so i dont blame you.

So anyone who support the current administration is a paid agent, abi? And what what proof do you have to support your ridiculous claim?

Abeg, just buzz off.
Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by Truckpusher(m): 11:25am On Jan 25, 2013
With the commentaries so far written by supposedly Nigerian youths(hope of tomorrow and future leaders ) fighting against the criminally minded political elites for gullible,tribal bigots, myopic and uneducated Nigerian populace is an absolute waste of time and political suicide of any right minded fellow hence the rot we experience in our society....all i'm saying is: WE ARE OUR OWN WORSE ENEMY.
Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by EzePromoe: 11:53am On Jan 25, 2013
What is the fish seller saying today again?
Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by pazienza(m): 12:40pm On Jan 25, 2013
Symphony007: That sewage processing facility she calls a mouth is now flapping because she has been kicked out of aso rock!! Shut up ma'am!!!
Exactly. The woman is an oxygen-thief,what a waste of useful oxygen. GEJ froze her out of the government,'cause she isn't useful,now she is talking trash, nonsense woman.
Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by tomakint: 1:04pm On Jan 25, 2013
miiraaj:

These points you raised won't make sense to disillusioned minds who make their comments from beer parlours.
...and for your mind now your guy has raised some 'VALID POINTS', I dey laff oooo cheesy
Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by Ozonna(m): 1:43pm On Jan 25, 2013
Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by Ozonna(m): 1:43pm On Jan 25, 2013
ocelot2006:

-under whose rules were the same bridges and roads u mentioned equally abandoned and left to rot?
-When u folks handed over in 1999, how many aircrafts were still flying or even airworthy?
-whose rule was responsible for the decay of our power sector (transmission, distribution, generation)? How much power was being generated under same rule?
-whose rule almost destroyed the professionalism and moral of our military? Who grounded our tanks, our aircrafts, our warships?

Please, feel free to provide the answers. Oh, while you're at it, answer this one question:

-whose administration(s) is trying to clean up 30 years+ of damn mess left behind by Northern leaders?

I dey owe you Jar of Palm wine. +10000000000 likes
Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by kennytidistar(m): 1:44pm On Jan 25, 2013
Pls what is "ann kiofu briggs" is it an ethnic name of a goat, cat or cow? Somebody help?
Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by miiraaj: 3:21pm On Jan 25, 2013
tomakint:
...and for your mind now your guy has raised some 'VALID POINTS', I dey laff oooo cheesy

Beer parlour commentator grin grin grin
Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by size38: 5:29pm On Jan 25, 2013
Be small tin ooooo. GEJ boy don disappoint us. But we still prefer GEJ boy to Atiku, Buhari and Tinubu
Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by tomakint: 6:06pm On Jan 25, 2013
miiraaj:

Beer parlour commentator grin grin grin
The Certified Psychobabbler cool
Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by Wadeoye(m): 9:23pm On Jan 25, 2013
size38: Be small tin ooooo. GEJ boy don disappoint us. But we still prefer GEJ boy to Atiku, Buhari and Tinubu

What do you mean by "we"? Please speak for yourself and probably those that you feed.
Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by Jerie(m): 9:42pm On Jan 25, 2013
Ozonna:

Point of correction Sir, In Agriculture GEJ has performed more than any other President we've had in recent time (From IBB - Yaradua) in this sector in this 2yrs he's on seat.

As for the other points you raised, i believe Taharqa, Sincere Nigerian & co have dealt with every single one of them (except Terrorism)in this forum.

Sir, If you check my postulations, they're based on present realities on ground. If you check theirs, they're a mix of promises, excuses and paper successes.

Insincere-Nigerian once tried defending GEJ in the area of Terrorism. When he was out-witted, he gave the excuse that what was occuring was an insurgency. When I supplied him with the facts that what we have is terrorism and not an insurgency, he ran off. Truckpusher foolishly commented that I would be of interest to the security agencies. These guys are very shallow upstairs. That is why I deliberately ignore their foolishness. I make my contributions, get my Likes and leave.

Good day bruva.
Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by cupid4ig(m): 9:50pm On Jan 25, 2013
tomakint: Is this woman drunk or something? What is wrong with Nigerians for goodness sake, 38 years of nothingness from our Abokis in power left many things in state of disrepair, now Jonathan inherited a functionless Nigeia from Obj and Yar'Adua, he is trying his best to fix things (at least we've seen improvements in power, roads, educational institutions funding, youth empowerment, more women in politics, active-poverty elimination programmes, etc) I wonder how some folks reason as if that place is a very cool place, I challenge anyone here 'cursing at Jonathan' to mention one past leaders (dead or alive) who has done better than Jonathan within his short time (2 yrs) and let's compare and contrast haba as if to fix Nigeria will take just two years, allow this man to serve out his term before you judge! Many of us are sick in this country!
u ve said it all
Re: Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ by Localtrouble: 4:12am On Jan 26, 2013
ocelot2006:

Ask him!! They think its easy to clear the mess that has piled up in this Country over the years. Its crazy how people just expect miracles to happen over night in a country with close to 200million people and very limited resources seeing that the nation is leaning on OIL alone. We all have our collective duties as citizens to better this country. We all sat here an watched turai and her gang almost cripple this nation and no one said a BLEEP, now every1s writing a column on GEJ and how incompetent he is. By the time GEJ starts following and rounding up folks that are bringing this Country down, am VERY sure most of their relations will be involved especially those from the North. Meanwhile,I patiently await his answers. Bless you boku boku

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Journalists Win CNN/MultiChoice Awards / Zaria Massacre: Falana To Malami, "Prosecute Soldiers Who Executed It" / Corruption Thrives In The Executive Too, Secondus Replies Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.