Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,073 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

PDP Has Disappointed South-east –okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Has Disappointed South-east –okorocha (9535 Views)

Ministerial List: Those who Were Hopeful, But Have Been Disappointed! / GEJ Has Disappointed Us, I'm Now APC / Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Has Disappointed South-east –okorocha by nollywood200: 7:41am On Mar 01, 2013
Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State on Thursday said his decision to pitch tent with All Progressive Congress was because the Peoples Democratic Party, of which he was a founding member, had disappointed the people of the South-East geo-political zone and Nigerians.

The governor, who spoke to journalists at the Government House in Owerri on state and national issues, said he had nothing against President Goodluck Jonathan but his party, the PDP.

“There is the need for a better change, Nigerians are tired of Peoples Democratic Party, which is no longer what it used to be after failing to address the needs of Nigerians,” he said.

While declaring his interest and support for the merger and APC, Okorocha described the political party as a child of necessity capable of providing the much-needed change in the South-East region.

He promised to win the South-East zone for APC, saying the party would be good for democracy as well as for the Nigerian people.

He said APC would promote internal democracy since it did not support imposition of candidates.

According to him, if the country must have all-round development at the state and local government levels, people of the rural community must be allowed to partake in decisions on the affairs that concern them.

To this end, he proposed Community Government Council as the way forward.

Okorocha said, “Although the introduction of CGC in the state has received criticisms and lots of challenges, yet it has not deterred the rescue mission administration from carrying out plans already set out for success of the new government.”

According to him, the CGC is the pivot upon which the wheels of rescue mission rotate.

Okorocha said the government is on course to deliver democracy dividends to the people of the state as promised during election.

He cited the achievements of his government, which include 305 school projects ongoing in the electoral wards; 27 general hospital projects; 1000 kilometreskm of roads and dualisation of Anara-Okigwe and Airport roads in Owerri and Owerri- Orlu roads, as evidence of democratic performance.

But Plateau State Governor, Jonah David Jang, has dismissed all efforts aimed at forming any coalition against the PDP.

He described the APC as a body “full of people whose ideas are at crossroads with one another.”

The governor said PDP remained the party to beat and “the only and right Party” to take Nigeria to greater heights.

He stated this in Abuja on Thursday after he was readmitted into the party’s Board of Trustees, alongside 18 other members as permanent members..

Jang sad, “It is only PDP that will take the country to a true, reliable and virile democracy, where service delivery would be its fulcrum.”

Similarly, human rights activist and Chairman, Egalitarian Mission of Africa, Mr. Kayode Ajulo, also described the formation of the APC as a “marriage of strange bedfellows”, which would definitely fail.

Ajulo, in an interview with journalists in Akure, alleged that the interest of the promoters of the merger was not broad-based.

He said, “They were in the merger only to wrestle power from the incumbent President, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, and return it to the North.

“No merger has succeeded in the history of Nigerian politics because the past exercises were not based on ideology; they were meant to pursue a specific agenda at a particular time but fizzled away whenever it was not realisable.”

He said the fact that the current effort was not targeted at achieving a common goal made it more complicated. He, therefore, predicted that it would not last.

He recalled the proposed effort made during preparation for the last presidential election that produced Jonathan.

Ajulo said attempts made by the Congress for Political Change and the Action Congress of Nigeria failed because of individual interests.

http://www.punchng.com/news/pdp-has-disappointed-south-east-okorocha/

1 Like

Re: PDP Has Disappointed South-east –okorocha by nollywood200: 7:44am On Mar 01, 2013
This silly gov of imo state has been moving from one party to another like un-mourned coups.

From ADC,AD,AA,UNDP,PDP,LP,APGA and Now APC..in just 13 years of our democracy. What is the next party when the Yoruba led ACN and Boko led CPC get him burnt in the couple of months to come. I don't think he will survive it this time around.

5 Likes

Re: PDP Has Disappointed South-east –okorocha by Demdem(m): 7:49am On Mar 01, 2013
Wonderful. SO upon the over 120% massive votes from the region to Ebele Jonathan, this is the result eh?
Re: PDP Has Disappointed South-east –okorocha by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 7:54am On Mar 01, 2013
Rochas will have a hard time selling Southeast out.

Southeast don't follow leaders, particularly one individual.

Keep doing urself a disservice Rochas.

10 Likes

Re: PDP Has Disappointed South-east –okorocha by kingblosky: 7:58am On Mar 01, 2013
Rochas grew up in the north so what do you expect ?. Sell his people out to gain relevance. Every month I travel home; I laff . Rochas is a big noisemaker and Klepto. Which general hospital ? Which road ?.. I pity my people. Owerri has become the dirtiest city in Africa ..NA lie ?

1 Like

Re: PDP Has Disappointed South-east –okorocha by kross01(m): 8:34am On Mar 01, 2013
[b]Similarly, human rights activist and Chairman, Egalitarian Mission
of Africa, Mr. Kayode Ajulo, also described the formation of the
APC as a “marriage of strange bedfellows”, which would definitely
fail.
Ajulo, in an interview with journalists in Akure, alleged that the
interest of the promoters of the merger was not broad-based.
He said, “They were in the merger only to wrestle power from the
incumbent President, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, and return it to
the North.
“No merger has succeeded in the history of Nigerian politics
because the past exercises were not based on ideology; they were
meant to pursue a specific agenda at a particular time but fizzled
away whenever it was not realisable.”
He said the fact that the current effort was not targeted at
achieving a common goal made it more complicated. He,
therefore, predicted that it would not last.
He recalled the proposed effort made during preparation for the
last presidential election that produced Jonathan.
Ajulo said attempts made by the Congress for Political Change and
the Action Congress of Nigeria failed because of individual
interests.
[/b]
Just what i've always maintained. Only a minute few of our politicians have/pursue ideologies, they only run after selfish dreams in their quest for power.hope rochas will remember this statement when he'll be denied the position he's been running after in APC which i believe he will be. Atiku once had regrets for his statements wen he was in ACN
Re: PDP Has Disappointed South-east –okorocha by Ejine(m): 8:40am On Mar 01, 2013
Rochas Okorocha: PDP Has Disappointed The South-East

2 Likes

Re: PDP Has Disappointed South-east –okorocha by Ejine(m): 8:51am On Mar 01, 2013
kingblosky: Rochas grew up in the north so what do you expect ?. Sell his people out to gain relevance. Every month I travel home; I laff . Rochas is a big noisemaker and Klepto. Which general hospital ? Which road ?.. I pity my people. Owerri has become the dirtiest city in Africa ..NA lie ?

Sorry, that's a lie. Don't let your sentiments cloud your common sense.
Dirtiest city in Africa... Can you even hear yourself, abi dis place na Mama Ugochi beer parlor?

I don't support his move to that party, and I am quite wary of his antics.

However, that will not make me sink to the depths of falsehood just to make him look bad, and that will not make me want to falsely attack his well performing administration.

The welfare of the state should not be yours to say if you're not a resident/indigene of Imo. It is the people who live or hail from there that should be the ones complaining; and so far, I ain't heard a word of protest from Berem, Abagworo, Rhymz, Kalunomics and the others; so do not cry more than the bereaved.

Peace bro smiley

4 Likes

Re: PDP Has Disappointed South-east –okorocha by Okijajuju1(m): 9:14am On Mar 01, 2013
Na wah o!!!

You know that the world is coming to an End when Rochas Okorocha (the Political Party LovePeddler) starts criticizing another Party. grin
Re: PDP Has Disappointed South-east –okorocha by Okijajuju1(m): 9:17am On Mar 01, 2013
Ejiné:

Sorry, that's a lie. Don't let your sentiments cloud your common sense.
Dirtiest city in Africa... Can you even hear yourself, abi dis place na Mama Ugochi beer parlor?

I don't support his move to that party, and I am quite wary of his antics.

However, that will not make me sink to the depths of falsehood just to make him look bad, and that will not make me want to falsely attack his well performing administration.

The welfare of the state should not be yours to say if you're not a resident/indigene of Imo. It is the people who live or hail from there that should be the ones complaining; and so far, I ain't heard a word of protest from Berem, Abagworo, Rhymz, Kalunomics and the others; so do not cry more than the bereaved.

Peace bro smiley

Mama Ugochi Beer Palour!!!!!!!

cheesy

#FallsDownInsideIbariOgwa... grin

Meanwhile, Berem is not in Imo State, neither is Abagworo or even Rhymz.
Re: PDP Has Disappointed South-east –okorocha by Igwe9(m): 9:18am On Mar 01, 2013
C'mmon Mr.Rochas, if APGA had been performing why deflecting, why not stick around and build a party worthy of emulation?
Action they say, speaks louder than words.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Has Disappointed South-east –okorocha by Nobody: 9:19am On Mar 01, 2013
Oga governor! I commend you for the zeal and enthusiasm you put in your work to transform your state, however, I'd rather you concentrate on your transformation agenda and stop distracting yourself.
Re: PDP Has Disappointed South-east –okorocha by kingblosky: 9:19am On Mar 01, 2013

1 Like

Re: PDP Has Disappointed South-east –okorocha by Okijajuju1(m): 9:24am On Mar 01, 2013
kingblosky:

Ejine; I stay in Lagos/PH and I come from IMO state. In between my business trips; I spend atleast 1 week every month in Owerri. Rochas is a paper Tiger and U'll see what will happen in 2015. He has performed woefully.If making promises and policies that cant be sustained is what you call performance; then he has done well. They've decieved him and want to ride on his popularity to capture the east. Igbo's are Republican by nature and won't play Tuwo or Amala politics.

Your Testimony has been confirmed by many of my Imo State colleagues in the office.

I also visited the state recently and I am yet to understand what the hype about Rochas is all about.

On a more pleasant note, work has again commenced on Owerri-Port Harcourt road (A federal Road). However, the job is being handled by 'Arab Contractors' and I dont need to tell you that it is substandard compared to the Rivers States axis of the same road being constructed by Setraco.
Re: PDP Has Disappointed South-east –okorocha by Justicemy: 9:24am On Mar 01, 2013
dis man talk 2 much, he need 2 realize dat his mouth running attitude in other hand xposin himself 2 de press wont take him anywer near Aso rock come 2015
Re: PDP Has Disappointed South-east –okorocha by Justicemy: 9:25am On Mar 01, 2013
dis man talk 2 much, he need 2 realize dat his mouth running attitude in other hand xposin himself 2 de press wont take him anywer near Aso rock come 2015
Re: PDP Has Disappointed South-east –okorocha by Soso990240(m): 9:32am On Mar 01, 2013
nollywood200: This silly gov of imo state has been moving from one party to another like un-mourned coups.

From ADC,AD,AA,UNDP,PDP,LP,APGA and Now APC..in just 13 years of our democracy. What is the next party when the Yoruba led ACN and Boko led CPC get him burnt in the couple of months to come. I don't think he will survive it this time around.
guy e be like say u no finish skul.d man u calld silly can buy ur entire family and train dm in skul..hw him mata take concern u? Mind u Rochas was neva in Labour party..try next time.
Re: PDP Has Disappointed South-east –okorocha by Nobody: 9:42am On Mar 01, 2013
Soso990240: guy e be like say u no finish skul.d man u calld silly can buy ur entire family and train dm in skul..hw him mata take concern u? Mind u Rochas was neva in Labour party..try next time.

[size=13pt]Do silliness and wealth correlate?[/size]
Re: PDP Has Disappointed South-east –okorocha by nkemKalu: 9:48am On Mar 01, 2013
BAD BELLE PEOPLE IN PDP.......HAS PDP NOT REALLY DISAPPOINTED THE SOUTH EAST? GO TO ABIA STATE WHERE THE GOVERNOR T. A . ORJI TILL DATE IS PDP AND SEE THINGS FOR URSELF. U MAY LIKELY COMPARE HIS 7YEARS IN OFFICE AND THE TWO YEARS OF OKOROCHA IN IMO STATE. ALSO COMPARE EBONYI, ANAMBRA, AND EVEN ENUGUS 7 YEARS TO THAT OF OKOROCHAS TWO YEARS. MTCHEW......
Re: PDP Has Disappointed South-east –okorocha by slimghost(m): 9:51am On Mar 01, 2013
Soso990240: guy e be like say u no finish skul.d man u calld silly can buy ur entire family and train dm in skul..hw him mata take concern u? Mind u Rochas was neva in Labour party..try next time.

What has his wealth got to do with his erratic and ignorant utterances? Are you that poor? shiit
Re: PDP Has Disappointed South-east –okorocha by Goddex: 9:51am On Mar 01, 2013
The harlot governor is purely on his own.
He cannot decieve anybody.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Has Disappointed South-east –okorocha by slimghost(m): 9:53am On Mar 01, 2013
Goddex: The harlot governor is purely on his own.
He cannot decieve anybody.

We know the clown too well to bother. grin grin. Let me see how he will sell OPC to SE

1 Like

Re: PDP Has Disappointed South-east –okorocha by DanIlon(m): 9:54am On Mar 01, 2013
kingblosky: Rochas grew up in the north so what do you expect ?. Sell his people out to gain relevance. Every month I travel home; I laff . Rochas is a big noisemaker and Klepto. Which general hospital ? Which road ?.. I pity my people. Owerri has become the dirtiest city in Africa ..NA lie ?
kingblosky u are too distance to dream and don't enter well and fool jare!
Re: PDP Has Disappointed South-east –okorocha by dridowu: 10:00am On Mar 01, 2013
Not only southeast but all Nigeria at large
Re: PDP Has Disappointed South-east –okorocha by tiwasiaife(m): 10:00am On Mar 01, 2013
K'anyi jebe enugu k'anyi jebe nwanne k'anyi jebe enugu ee ibata enugu obodo oyibo ee enugu state obodo oyibo ee. Sullivan chime Ebeano Ebeano Pdp. Party does not make a bad man turn to a saint. Some of u are myopic to the extent u forget that a good man can be in pdp and still deliver. Shame to all these alqaeda-pakistani congress (apc)

1 Like

Re: PDP Has Disappointed South-east –okorocha by Soso990240(m): 10:01am On Mar 01, 2013
ogugua88:

Respect is d watch word..call ur mates silly,no be persn wey pass u 4 evrywher..no offence
Re: PDP Has Disappointed South-east –okorocha by slimghost(m): 10:14am On Mar 01, 2013
ogugua88:

My dear i wonder oooo. people and their reasoning! its baffling, too much poverty in the land.
Re: PDP Has Disappointed South-east –okorocha by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:17am On Mar 01, 2013
Well let's watch and see if APC 'appoints' the south east.
Re: PDP Has Disappointed South-east –okorocha by DukeNija(m): 10:17am On Mar 01, 2013

Are You Mad??
As in seriously! Travel home! which home?

Do you really know where Imo state is? Bloody imposter.

"Owerri has become the dirtiest City in Africa" see your IQ. SMH
Re: PDP Has Disappointed South-east –okorocha by Ikonz(m): 10:19am On Mar 01, 2013
nollywood200: This silly gov of imo state has been moving from one party to another like un-mourned coups.

Come'on...lets not comment like brain-deads. How can one human being be in all those parties u mentioned within 13years? Ur comment shows the extent people can go wen they are so desperate & stup!d to discredit someone.

I live in Imo state, actually Rochas had some setbacks in his works last year ending, due to glitches with contractors & contracting pattern. He also committed some administrative blunders, caused mainly by some of his political advisers cum-sycophants.

However, early this year, most of the problems have bn resolved & work is currently going on in earnest along Orlu-Owerri Rd, Owerri, Orlu & Okigwe Mayoral Districts. For realistical indulgence, We need to be aware of Imo's total revenue (federal & internal) & their civil service strenght, if we wish to analyse Imo state's rate of infrastructural installations.

Btw, Rochas can convince South-East the need to vote for APC, if he can, through sincere project & people-oriented programmes, prove to us that PDP is the worst thing that ever befell Nigeria.

* Duruebube Ebenezer Ikenna
Re: PDP Has Disappointed South-east –okorocha by asha80(m): 10:25am On Mar 01, 2013
Okija_juju:

Your Testimony has been confirmed by many of my Imo State colleagues in the office.

I also visited the state recently and I am yet to understand what the hype about Rochas is all about.

On a more pleasant note, work has again commenced on Owerri-Port Harcourt road (A federal Road). However, the job is being handled by 'Arab Contractors' and I dont need to tell you that it is substandard compared to the Rivers States axis of the same road being constructed by Setraco.
that means enugu urban roads are susbstandard since they were mainly handled by arab contractors.i also think it is nddc that is doing that road not fg.
Re: PDP Has Disappointed South-east –okorocha by kingblosky: 10:25am On Mar 01, 2013
DanIlon: kingblosky u are too distance to dream and don't enter well and fool jare!
DanIlon, you talk like you've licked some A SSES this morning. Go FU CK yourself . Idiat . You wan yab make dem clap 4 you .Gay like you .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The People Of Imo State And The Scam Of Free Education / Full List: Meet The 16 Pdp Governors And Their States As Pdp Takes More States / Enugu: 9th-Mile Water Programme Is Over 90% Completed - Contractor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.