Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,317 members, 7,829,761 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

Atheists Stories Of Religious Discrimination And Atheophobia (a Library ) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Stories Of Religious Discrimination And Atheophobia (a Library ) (4198 Views)

A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Are We A Bunch Of Religious Hypocrites? / The Social Effects Of Religious Beliefs In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists Stories Of Religious Discrimination And Atheophobia (a Library ) by Nobody: 5:00am On Jan 25, 2013
Affiliated:

Lol. that statement wasn't directed at anybody and I would never direct it at anybody. This is a thread for atheists and I was talking to fellow atheists.

There's no reason for you to be so pained by your ignorance as to seek to lash out at everyone. As regards the Matthew part, If you are so confused by now as to no longer know what you are saying then you can go to bed.

Look, you arent speaking to babies here so shove that piece of crap that your words were not directed at anybody. I DELIBERATELY asked your to clarify three times because i knew it wont be long before you start whining of being insulted. So just to humor you... to who were your words directed? thin air? Cry me a river dude.

Ok... i'm not pained by my "ignorance"... whatever idiocy that means.

The confusion actually belongs to you... you've vacillated faster than a ceiling fan from point to point. You seem to lurch from contradiction to contradiction, looking to see what sticks. Strikes me that you're not quite stable.

See let me give you a word of advice... you never know who you speak to behind the safety of your computer... so try not to call others ignorant when truly you are the one who needs to go back to school. Not everyone forgot to read their bibles like your pa.
Re: Atheists Stories Of Religious Discrimination And Atheophobia (a Library ) by Affiliated(m): 5:23am On Jan 25, 2013
davidylan:

Look, you arent speaking to babies here so shove that piece of crap that your words were not directed at anybody. I DELIBERATELY asked your to clarify three times because i knew it wont be long before you start whining of being insulted. So just to humor you... to who were your words directed? thin air? Cry me a river dude.

Ok... i'm not pained by my "ignorance"... whatever idiocy that means.

The confusion actually belongs to you... you've vacillated faster than a ceiling fan from point to point. You seem to lurch from contradiction to contradiction, looking to see what sticks. Strikes me that you're not quite stable.

See let me give you a word of advice... you never know who you speak to behind the safety of your computer... so try not to call others ignorant when truly you are the one who needs to go back to school. Not everyone forgot to read their bibles like your pa.

When common sense fails... Trying to argue logically with you is pointless. All you want to do is throw tantrums like a baby because you suspect in your heart that all what you say is crap... I feel sad for you because you're probably a full grown man maybe with kids. I already told you what i said was directed to fellow atheists on the thread or is there a specific language for idiots that i don't know of? (Now I'm calling you an ldiot) In line with the realization that you are a hopeless ldiot, I am no longer spending any moment of my life on the fruitless task of trying to educate you

1 Like

Re: Atheists Stories Of Religious Discrimination And Atheophobia (a Library ) by onetrack(m): 9:11am On Jan 25, 2013
Logicboy03:

Wow, I actually thought that you were an ex-christian. However, do you think it is safe to be openly atheist in a muslim society? Surely you must have gotten some real threats?

I am an ex-christian. I'm just working in a Muslim country (in West Africa). I have never felt threatened at all for being an atheist--like I said, for some reason people tend to listen to me without getting angry. Of course, I never insult Islam or Muhammad or their mallams. However I do challenge them on how much they know about Islam, which usually isn't very much, and we keep it very friendly and joking...
Re: Atheists Stories Of Religious Discrimination And Atheophobia (a Library ) by Affiliated(m): 10:34pm On Jan 25, 2013
davidylan:

From reading the bible... not every chapter or book is placed in the exact time frame.

Frankly it looks to me that you are another desperate lost soul just trolling around. you dont seem to have any clue about these "contradictions" you bleat about. My mind tells me you are simply going to copy them from off the web. Go right ahead.

But God supposedly took pain staking care to arrange the story of creation in chronological order by listing out the events as they happened in their orders marked by days. Just pointing that out because you don't seem to know much about the bible.
Re: Atheists Stories Of Religious Discrimination And Atheophobia (a Library ) by plaetton: 11:19pm On Jan 25, 2013
Affiliated:

I didn't write the book

Genesis
1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
1:4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
1:5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

1:14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
1:15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

And in between

1:11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
1:12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

If you took time to read it you'll see that there was evening and morning and photosynthesis before the sun

I have pointed this fact sooo many times to these bible pretenders, but they have all chickened out of explaining how we got 3days of creation without the sun as a marker of day and night.

But you know what?
Davidylan has admitted on this forum that he gets confused about the different translations,interpretations, editions and versions of the bible, yet he come in here everyday pretending to defend things he admits not to understand.
Re: Atheists Stories Of Religious Discrimination And Atheophobia (a Library ) by Affiliated(m): 11:28pm On Jan 25, 2013
plaetton:

I have pointed this fact sooo many times to these bible pretenders, but they have all chickened out of explaining how we got 3days of creation without the sun as a marker of day and night.

But you know what?
Davidylan has admitted on this forum that he gets confused about the different translations,interpretations, editions and versions of the bible, yet he come in here everyday pretending to defend things he admits not to understand.

Its just sad really. he gets so violent when his beliefs are questioned. He just locks up his intellect and starts responding based on fear.
Re: Atheists Stories Of Religious Discrimination And Atheophobia (a Library ) by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jan 25, 2013
plaetton:

But you know what?

lol....
Re: Atheists Stories Of Religious Discrimination And Atheophobia (a Library ) by Nobody: 12:21am On Jan 26, 2013
From Reddit

When I had posted about this it was heading toward the front page, so I had deleted it in order to insure the protection of the identities of everyone involved. I doubt anyone will feel motivated to track anyone down and harass them or anything after reading my update though...

The ORIGINAL POST [/b]read as follows:
TL;DR - Had a great relationship with an amazing girl, her parents found out I wasn't Catholic, so they lied and harassed and have even had me wrongfully arrested (felony charges, still fighting them) and have shipped away my girlfriend, forever. We're in our early 20's, mind you, not high school. How could anyone respect religious families when they do things like this?

[b]Longer version:
I met the love of my life (let's call her "T"wink a couple years ago...and have been dating her for a year and a half. From the get go I could tell her family was, at least, very conservative. Her mother is very old-fashioned, and very foreign. The family happens to be, "a Catholic family". This was never a major issue for me and T, even though I'm a non-believer. We've abstained from sex, because she doesn't feel comfortable with it, and I've always respected that.

As time went by, I discovered that her parents were absolutely unbelievably NUTS. Aside from the handicap they've put on her critical thinking skills, shaming her and not educating her about sex, and just a general over-bearing over-protective sheltered upbringing, T is a very sweet girl. I love her dearly. But despite us having a normal healthy relationship, her parents (particularly her mom from the 'old country') have never ever liked me, pretty much solely because of my non-believer status. I consider myself an apatheist (just don't care for religion, isn't important to me).

The issues have started from her parents constantly inquiring about or speaking ill of me. From there it turned to dirty looks and unkind words when I came around. Stopped coming around, moved off to college (with T), and it turned to harassment. Her mother calling me on the phone, condescending me with the logical and oral communication skills of a 6th grader. I've always tried to remain rational and cool and collected, but have always held my grounds to ridiculous demands that I, "Let my daughter GO! Stop ruining her REPUTATION! Ruining her FUTURE!" These people are dramatic, and absolutely insane. I begged T to reduce contact with them, for the sake of our peace, and for the fact that they don't respect her decisions as an adult. She always just kept right on talking to them, all of the conversations leaving her in tears, then upon 'getting over it', she'd tell me, "This is how my family has always been, I've always just dealt with it."
--Here's where it gets messed up. Without getting into too much detail, after a solid year of monk-like patience with her sister (AS crazy as the parents, if not CRAZIER) being constantly obnoxious and abrasive and just flat out mean, I finally tried to reconcile our differences. The conversation was lengthy, and at one point included apologies and hugs. I knew something wasn't right, as she kept actively trying to say the bitchiest things she could possibly come up with, and eventually I snapped and raised my voice at her. All the vent up anger toward her family was satisfyingly unleashed. I bid farewell to T, telling her I couldn't deal with the constant stress of her family and T's unwillingness to separate us from their hatred and ignorance. T ran after me, and after a conversation we agreed to stay together, on the condition that we move her out of the house with her sister, and have her come stay with me. We went back, and started loading T's stuff. Her sister gets on the phone in front of us (dramatically, of course) "Umm...yeah, you said to call back if they came back?" ...The bitch had called police for some reason. Right as we finished packing, we drive out of the neighborhood, and we're stopped by police. The cop identifies me, and asks me if I had "pushed anyone" , or "hit anyone" ... "no" ..."ok, well put your hands behind your back"

I spent a week in jail, with a felony charge of 'false imprisonment' being currently brought against me. Her family contrived a false report specifically to get the "heathen non-believer away from our righteous catholic daughter!"... The psycho's have also filed three separate restraining orders. They're really laying it on... I know I did absolutely nothing wrong, I simply raised my voice, and I would have T to testify to that (she saw everything, it's our word against her crazy sister's) except........ While I was in jail, they got T's aunt to lie and tell her "I'll pick you up and take you for the weekend, so you can get away from all this" ....Her aunt ended up driving her 800 miles away to some extended family's house, and they've shut off her phone, and convinced her it's "for the best". I finally got ahold of T, and paid for a train ticket to bring her back, but she was too scared to do get on the train. Her religious nut parents have bullied her into submission. They've literally, taken her away from me.

So now... I have no one to testify in my favor with these false charges (may get falsely convicted, happens all the time), my girlfriend is far away and not coming back, and I feel completely alone. And this all started from me trying, despite overwhelming odds, to reach out and make peace with her sister. How can religious people justify lying and abusing the judicial system in the name of "rescuing their daughter from the clutches of an atheist"? Are lies (they've also made up lies about me to T, lying about fake background checks they've done on me, just straight up made things up) justified if you're just assuring your daughter can go to heaven? I don't understand how religious people can do wicked, awful, EVIL things like this to others, and expect to have their ideas and traditions respected...

The worst thing about this to me, is my (now ex) girlfriend T is in her early 20's...and seems permanently crippled into being a scared child at the very utterance of her parent's authority... Is this the appeal to religious upbringings? Because I've never witnessed a more destructive force in the world. Furthermore, they've cut her off financially unless she moves schools. Last I talked to her, she was trying to transfer away from the school we both go to... T is smart and kind, and our relationship had a deep connection, and was founded on honesty and companionship, but it was snuffed out, I'm now facing a felony, and all my plans for the future are now having to be re-thought, all because of absurd religious non-sense... How could anyone ever respect religion when it is so clearly not a force for love or good? It is mostly a status symbol and an obsession for the deranged and ignorant.

............................................... .............................................
.................................---UPDATE---.......................
I am well. Very well. They lost miserably in civil court. Her mom, at one point, told the judge: "I could just FEEL that something was wrong when she didn't answer my text to her, you know? So I called the cops." The judge just sort of stared at her, like, "really?". Her sister and mom made fools of themselves, and could not prove that I was any kind of threat. My declaration in court was super terse and unemotional (opposite of their theatrics), and the judge denied the restraining orders.

As far as the criminal charges, the felony was eventually lowered to a misdemeanor.
Her parents would come to the pre-trial dates and just glare at me, and try to act buddy buddy with the court staff and DA. It was very cringe-worthy. I feel like her parents live in this little bubble where they don't realize how they come off to other people, because they mirror and legitimize their entitled snobby judgmental superficial behaviors by being around each other, and hardly anyone else really. After her parents had written a few letters to the DA telling them how "this heathen man has corrupted our poor daughter away from god!" (according to T, the letters were RIDICULOUS. like..INSANE) it became apparent very quickly that they weren't taking her sister or parents very seriously, at all.

One thing I've learned about DA's from every lawyer I know, is that they really want to feel like they've won. I recommended to my public defender (nice guy actually) to see if they'd lower my charges to an infraction, so I could just pay a ticket be done with all of it (as I was about to start another semester of school). I ended up pleading guilty to "disturbing the peace", which is.... the same ticket you and your buddies got that one time you were being a bit too loud at that baseball game and the cops came and you almost got away with a warning and the one of your buddies (you know, the dumb ass one) said one last thing and the cop got mad and gave you all tickets for "disturbing the peace"...
So yeah, I just paid a little ticket and got done with it. No misdemeanor on my record or anything. Just an infraction. I'm absolutely fine with the outcome.
As far as me and my beloved T? Her parents made her a flurry of promises and, well, bribes, to switch schools. I told her they were lying to her. I ultimately ended things with her when I realized that she'd rather take the money from her parents and live lavishly, than live a bit more modestly (cut off), but still be with me. I find choosing money over love a bit superficial, but that's just me. She did end up transferring to another school, and yeah, her parents were lying about the promises they made her. Who would have that.

The truth is, I still care very much about her, still love her very much, and hope she finds some peace. Last we spoke, she was very depressed, and due to a constant feed of lies from her parents about me (apparently I was glaring at THEM in the court rooms, not the other way around, etc, etc, etc) she also has very much come to see me as "the bad guy", and I'm not even going to bother to try to clear my name, because gullibility is her fault, not mine. Someday I will hopefully get to talk to her again when things have had time to cool down, when she's had some time to grow as a person, and we could just have some closure for us both. I don't like for things to end badly when they can end decently, and above all... I really do just want the best for her.
I'm happy though. The civil system worked (this time) for me. School is good, life is good, and I'm excited about what the future may bring.

MORAL OF THE STORY? As soon as you meet the family, and they're religious nuts... Just run for your life. Trust me, I also thought, "It'll be fine, she's not like them, really".
Re: Atheists Stories Of Religious Discrimination And Atheophobia (a Library ) by Nobody: 4:02am On Jan 26, 2013
Affiliated:

Its just sad really. he gets so violent when his beliefs are questioned. He just locks up his intellect and starts responding based on fear.

you misunderstand me. I have very little patience for the dumb. when i am questioned by the intelligent... i am more than willing to listen.
You dont get to run here, insult us then whine like a baby when you get a dose of your own medicine. Now run along and grab a few brain cells.
Re: Atheists Stories Of Religious Discrimination And Atheophobia (a Library ) by Nobody: 4:03am On Jan 26, 2013
Affiliated:

But God supposedly took pain staking care to arrange the story of creation in chronological order by listing out the events as they happened in their orders marked by days. Just pointing that out because you don't seem to know much about the bible.

and you know this how?
Re: Atheists Stories Of Religious Discrimination And Atheophobia (a Library ) by Nobody: 4:05am On Jan 26, 2013
Affiliated:

When common sense fails... Trying to argue logically with you is pointless. All you want to do is throw tantrums like a baby because you suspect in your heart that all what you say is crap... I feel sad for you because you're probably a full grown man maybe with kids. I already told you what i said was directed to fellow atheists on the thread or is there a specific language for idiots that i don't know of? (Now I'm calling you an ldiot) In line with the realization that you are a hopeless ldiot, I am no longer spending any moment of my life on the fruitless task of trying to educate you

you're genuinely daft and dishonest. Your first post on this thread was to call us ignorant, illiterate, hypocritical dolts. Now you turn around to cry into your milk? grin
Grow up son. When next you want to tango make sure you address others as you wish to be addressed and come with at least 2 brain cells you can rub together.
Re: Atheists Stories Of Religious Discrimination And Atheophobia (a Library ) by Nobody: 4:05am On Jan 26, 2013
davidylan:

and you know this how?

Go and read genesis.

And you were complaining about stuupid questions 1 comment ago.
Re: Atheists Stories Of Religious Discrimination And Atheophobia (a Library ) by Nobody: 4:11am On Jan 26, 2013
Logicboy03:

Go and read genesis.

And you were complaining about stuupid questions 1 comment ago.

I've been reading it since i was 4. I dont see his brainless idea there.
Re: Atheists Stories Of Religious Discrimination And Atheophobia (a Library ) by Affiliated(m): 6:19am On Jan 26, 2013
davidylan:

and you know this how?

I just concluded you were an ldiot but now I know its far worse. You are just a re.tarded illiterate.
Re: Atheists Stories Of Religious Discrimination And Atheophobia (a Library ) by Nobody: 7:04am On Jan 26, 2013
Affiliated:

I just concluded you were an ldiot but now I know its far worse. You are just a re.tarded illiterate.

I asked a question... you could have answered it easily rather than taking the well worn road to irrelevancy.

Soon you'll be whining that someone insulted your fragile ego.
Re: Atheists Stories Of Religious Discrimination And Atheophobia (a Library ) by debosky(m): 6:34pm On Feb 17, 2013
@ logicboy

Interesting story. The truth is, it's really nothing to do with religion per se - the parents were intent on not letting their child associate with this non-religious person. The Catholic religion does not say you shall trump up false charges to prevent thy offspring from cohabiting with infidels. grin

That an individual goes out of his way to do something ridiculous and vindictive (using religion as an excuse) is purely that individual's problem, not the religion.

Not that I expect the guy to feel any less outraged and hurt, but just thought to highlight that - his experience is by no means a typical response of a religious family to an atheist.
Re: Atheists Stories Of Religious Discrimination And Atheophobia (a Library ) by ezme(m): 7:42am On Jun 15, 2013
Sometimes one never really get to know all the opportunities/thing and relationships you miss out on based on your religious stance or affiliation. There is a very large intolerant and elite Christian population out there. Sadly, Religion and the nature of God are one of the few things that we may disagree on. We probably would agree on so many other aspects and outlook on life.

My first case of discrimination was when a friend stopped talking to me and deleted me from Facebook saying she cannot be friends with people who think like I do.

My second case (which actually is the most painful for now) was a girl from National service year,who I had dreams of a future with. Young,intelligent,ambitious and pretty too. Our relationship was not going to work out and I had actually moved on.I really did not press on for a reason it wasn't going to work (maybe my arrogance got in the way). I had believed she chose someone better by her standards(more caring,pays more attention to details and probably richer) and I wasn't ready to lose sleep over it. We stayed friends on social networks( I'm still friends with all my ex'es). So recently she did a blog on how "God keeps his words". I expected to read a testimony so I went ahead to read. It was while reading this blog I found out the reason I didn't make "substantive boyfriend". The sad part was that she made it look like a divine revelation not to choose me. She picked up a bible verse from a "basket of bible blessings" during some Church service. It actually wasn't the " do not be unequally yoked" verse but some verse talking about the wisdom of God. She went ahead to say that the she needed that verse at the time as she was struggling with making a decision to date a guy(me) who was an unbeliever (Sadly, I haven't embraced free-thinking then, I just wasn't going to church regularly). She said she needed a nudge in the right direction and picking that bible verse from that basket of blessings was it.

Reading about the "unbeliever tag" and how that was the determining factor if she was going to date me really broke my heart. This wasn't a situation that I wasn't good enough for her, I just wasn't "christian" enough for her. I believe she chose that tag as I started being open and vocal about my disbelief in organised religion on Facebook a few months after she made her decision. Knowing this now makes we wonder how many people would have silently passed judgement on me. Does religion really define morality? All the wife beaters we read about, are they all unbelievers? The fact my emotions were involved in this case made the rejection really get to me.
Re: Atheists Stories Of Religious Discrimination And Atheophobia (a Library ) by Nobody: 5:43am On Jun 16, 2013
ezme: Sometimes one never really get to know all the opportunities/thing and relationships you miss out on based on your religious stance or affiliation. There is a very large intolerant and elite Christian population out there. Sadly, Religion and the nature of God are one of the few things that we may disagree on. We probably would agree on so many other aspects and outlook on life.

My first case of discrimination was when a friend stopped talking to me and deleted me from Facebook saying she cannot be friends with people who think like I do.

My second case (which actually is the most painful for now) was a girl from National service year,who I had dreams of a future with. Young,intelligent,ambitious and pretty too. Our relationship was not going to work out and I had actually moved on.I really did not press on for a reason it wasn't going to work (maybe my arrogance got in the way). I had believed she chose someone better by her standards(more caring,pays more attention to details and probably richer) and I wasn't ready to lose sleep over it. We stayed friends on social networks( I'm still friends with all my ex'es). So recently she did a blog on how "God keeps his words". I expected to read a testimony so I went ahead to read. It was while reading this blog I found out the reason I didn't make "substantive boyfriend". The sad part was that she made it look like a divine revelation not to choose me. She picked up a bible verse from a "basket of bible blessings" during some Church service. It actually wasn't the " do not be unequally yoked" verse but some verse talking about the wisdom of God. She went ahead to say that the she needed that verse at the time as she was struggling with making a decision to date a guy(me) who was an unbeliever (Sadly, I haven't embraced free-thinking then, I just wasn't going to church regularly). She said she needed a nudge in the right direction and picking that bible verse from that basket of blessings was it.

Reading about the "unbeliever tag" and how that was the determining factor if she was going to date me really broke my heart. This wasn't a situation that I wasn't good enough for her, I just wasn't "christian" enough for her. I believe she chose that tag as I started being open and vocal about my disbelief in organised religion on Facebook a few months after she made her decision. Knowing this now makes we wonder how many people would have silently passed judgement on me. Does religion really define morality? All the wife beaters we read about, are they all unbelievers? The fact my emotions were involved in this case made the rejection really get to me.

your examples of "discrimination" are that:

1. you got defriended on facebook and

2. a girl you liked refused to date you?

what a joke.
Re: Atheists Stories Of Religious Discrimination And Atheophobia (a Library ) by turnstoner(m): 9:11am On Jun 16, 2013
@ezme:

I feel your pain. I had a similar experience.

Only a heartless person will call it a joke undecided
Re: Atheists Stories Of Religious Discrimination And Atheophobia (a Library ) by mazaje(m): 9:12am On Jun 16, 2013
davidylan:

you're genuinely daft and dishonest. Your first post on this thread was to call us ignorant, illiterate, hypocritical dolts. Now you turn around to cry into your milk? grin
Grow up son. When next you want to tango make sure you address others as you wish to be addressed and come with at least 2 brain cells you can rub together.

I have gone through this thread and the person that is genuinely daft and dishonest is you, the bible very clearly says that the stars were created for signs among other things, yet we have you running around lying through your teeth trying to explain lies. . .The bible talks about stars falling into the earth and the lying davidylan claims is meteorites, the bible says the moon gives off its light and the lying davidylan claims its reflection from the sun. . .How do you know this?. . .Where was it written in the bible. . .Do you really think the unknown and illiterate author of the genesis creation account really knows that the stars are distant suns or know that the sun is the center of our solar system?. . .Keep lying and deluding yourself just to explain away your delusions. . .After all you think if your god exist as advertised failed and miserable apologist like you will be here to defend him in anyway. . .You are not defending any god but your indoctrinated delusions. . .

1 Like

Re: Atheists Stories Of Religious Discrimination And Atheophobia (a Library ) by mazaje(m): 9:15am On Jun 16, 2013
davidylan:

your examples of "discrimination" are that:

1. you got defriended on facebook and

2. a girl you liked refused to date you?

what a joke.

Did you read what he wrote or were you too much in a hurry to display your imbecility as always?. . .Idiot. .

1 Like

Re: Atheists Stories Of Religious Discrimination And Atheophobia (a Library ) by turnstoner(m): 9:46am On Jun 16, 2013
Wow!!

@mazaje is blazing hot today.

wow!
Re: Atheists Stories Of Religious Discrimination And Atheophobia (a Library ) by UyiIredia(m): 10:02am On Jun 16, 2013
^^^ I wanted to reply him but I decided go let him feel good about his post. He is bound to contradict what he said. Consider the very irony of treating what he doesn't believe physically exists as if it does. Atheists fail to note this. Prediction: He will (as I once did to vedaxcool) insist that it is a chimera of Christians and has to assume it OR he will ignore what I said OR bring a distraction OR rephrase what I said so it seems different.
Re: Atheists Stories Of Religious Discrimination And Atheophobia (a Library ) by Nobody: 10:06am On Jun 16, 2013
@ezme: Everyone has a list of what he or she wants in a life partner. If someone rejects you because she does not see some qualities in you, then it is my opinion that the person has every right to say NO!!!

I am pretty sure you can as well reject some ladies because they did not meet your 'standards'. If everyone who does this is accused of being discriminatory then it seems everyone on Earth is guilty of same.

@Affiliated: Some of your posts were borne out of serious butthurt and ignorance.
Re: Atheists Stories Of Religious Discrimination And Atheophobia (a Library ) by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jun 16, 2013
mazaje:

I have gone through this thread and the person that is genuinely daft and dishonest is you, the bible very clearly says that the stars were created for signs among other things, yet we have you running around lying through your teeth trying to explain lies. . .The bible talks about stars falling into the earth and the lying davidylan claims is meteorites, the bible says the moon gives off its light and the lying davidylan claims its reflection from the sun. . .How do you know this?. . .Where was it written in the bible. . .Do you really think the unknown and illiterate author of the genesis creation account really knows that the stars are distant suns or know that the sun is the center of our solar system?. . .Keep lying and deluding yourself just to explain away your delusions. . .After all you think if your god exist as advertised failed and miserable apologist like you will be here to defend him in anyway. . .You are not defending any god but your indoctrinated delusions. . .

Even if i was lying about the bible, how does it affect the cost of rice in the market? Are you forced to believe the bible? Does the biblical description of the stars affect your geography class? If you hate the bible so then why are you wasting your precious time whinning here? Perhaps you have other things you might consider doing instead?
Re: Atheists Stories Of Religious Discrimination And Atheophobia (a Library ) by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jun 16, 2013
mazaje:

Did you read what he wrote or were you too much in a hurry to display your imbecility as always?. . .Idiot. .

I read them. they made zero sense. Again he whines about discrimination because he was unfriended on facebook? Seriously?

He cries because a girl decided he didnt have the qualities she wanted in a man? Doesnt he too set standards by which he selects his women? Do the ones he rejects cry here about discrimination on the basis of his lack of religious faith?
Re: Atheists Stories Of Religious Discrimination And Atheophobia (a Library ) by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jun 16, 2013
turnstoner: Wow!!

@mazaje is blazing hot today.

wow!

nah, he seems to be increasing his post count or he fought with his wife this morning. He was having his pants in a knot over a post made Jan 26... 6 months ago? Obviously he has no job.
Re: Atheists Stories Of Religious Discrimination And Atheophobia (a Library ) by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jun 16, 2013
turnstoner: @ezme:

I feel your pain. I had a similar experience.

Only a heartless person will call it a joke undecided

Sorry but ezme's comments are better placed in the romance section. The joke is NOT that it happened but that he considers it a serious example of religious discrimination.
Re: Atheists Stories Of Religious Discrimination And Atheophobia (a Library ) by Emusan(m): 4:20pm On Jun 16, 2013
mazaje:
the bible very clearly says that the stars were created for signs among other things, yet we have you running around lying through your teeth trying to explain lies. . .The bible talks about stars falling into the earth and the lying davidylan claims is meteorites, the bible says the moon gives off its light and the lying davidylan claims its reflection from the sun. . .How do you know this?. . .Where was it written in the bible.

Anti-christian always use this statement to claim that BIBLE is wrong.

Then what evidence do you have to claim that stars were created before earth? Don't mention big bang because is out of it.

Again see what the Bible says; Matt 24:29 "Immediately after the tribulation of those days SHALL THE SUN BE DARKENED, AND THE MOON SHALL NOT GIVE HER LIGHT, AND THE STARS SHALL FALL FROM HEAVEN, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken."

In a clear manner without setiment the writer mention darken of the SUN first before moon given off its LIGHT. Today we all know that moon derives its light from the sun. This is one of the thing only God could have known about two thousand years ago because most acient poeple believe that moon produce light on its own.

Also, the writer didn't mention where the stars will fall into whelther it's 'earth' or not yet you people have concluded that it is earth.
Re: Atheists Stories Of Religious Discrimination And Atheophobia (a Library ) by ezme(m): 4:48pm On Jun 16, 2013
striktlymi: @ezme: Everyone has a list of what he or she wants in a life partner. If someone rejects you because she does not see some qualities in you, then it is my opinion that the person has every right to say NO!!!

I am pretty sure you can as well reject some ladies because they did not meet your 'standards'. If everyone who does this is accused of being discriminatory then it seems everyone on Earth is guilty of same.

@Affiliated: Some of your posts were borne out of serious butthurt and ignorance.

davidylan:

Sorry but ezme's comments are better placed in the romance section. The joke is NOT that it happened but that he considers it a serious example of religious discrimination.

The fact you don't even see a problem with the examples just puts in perspective how the Christian mind works. I feel your response is borne out of your need to be part of the opposition.

@striktlymi I agree she has every right to dictate earmarks she wants in a future partner, but some of these have no merit when critically analyzed.I once met a girl whose requirement was that the future spouse must be from Anambra( not just Ibo). Now tell this to the Imo or Abia or Enugu guy who is "head over heels" with her and watch him take it gleefully.

Also Striktlymi I believe you are playing this one down as it borders on religion (which is an attribute we can choose).Lets interchange this abstraction with race(an attribute we have no control over) and tell me if you would be comfortable with your above disposition

3 Likes

Re: Atheists Stories Of Religious Discrimination And Atheophobia (a Library ) by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jun 16, 2013
ezme:

@striktlymi I agree she has every right to dictate earmarks she wants in a future partner, but some of these have no merit when critically analyzed.I once met a girl whose requirement was that the future spouse must be from Anambra( not just Ibo). Now tell this to the Imo or Abia or Enugu guy who is "head over heels" with her and watch him take it gleefully.

The above is rather common...I have been rejected by a lady because I am not from Anambra. She said her dad will NEVER give his blessings because she is the Ada of the family.

ezme:
Also Striktlymi I believe you are playing this one down as it borders on religion (which is an attribute we can choose).Lets interchange this abstraction with race(an attribute we have no control over) and tell me if you would be comfortable with your above disposition

Nah...I am not playing this down because it has to do with religion. I am a catholic and I know first hand the level of rejection we face when other Christians are concerned.

I have experienced a lady who said that she will NEVER marry if Catholic guys are the only men on the planet. I don't hold this against her because it is one of her criteria just like I can NEVER marry a lady that is an "O yes member"...
Re: Atheists Stories Of Religious Discrimination And Atheophobia (a Library ) by ezme(m): 5:05pm On Jun 16, 2013
striktlymi:

The above is rather common...I have been rejected by a lady because I am not from Anambra. She said her dad will NEVER give his blessings because she is the Ada of the family.

Nah...I am not playing this down because it has to do with religion. I am a catholic and I know first hand the level of rejection we face when other Christians are concerned.

I have experienced a lady who said that she will NEVER marry if Catholic guys are the only men on the planet. I don't hold this against her because it is one of her criteria just like I can NEVER marry a lady that is an "O yes member"...

Is this not a form of discrimination? Is this not an unfair treatment of a person or group on the basis of prejudice?

Will I be wrong to say I was discriminated against on the basis of a prejudiced view of religion?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Contra Bibliolatreia I Mark 10:5 / How To Win War Without Fighting- Arch Bishop Benson Idahosa / Does The Soul Differs From The Mind?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.