Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Abimbola Awoliyi: First Female Doctor - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Abimbola Awoliyi: First Female Doctor (25884 Views)

Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola / Embarrasing Experience: Boy Checked By A Female Doctor / A Female Doctor Commits Suicide After Testing Positive To Hiv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abimbola Awoliyi: First Female Doctor by Iyaniwura123: 3:37pm On Jan 25, 2013
I tried to get as much as possible but I was only able to lay hands on info on the son. He wrote a novel in her honour. Should I eventually get info on her, I will update the post. Thanks for your time.
andyanders: wonderful.That was a great achievement. Poster, what of her 2 children now?
Re: Abimbola Awoliyi: First Female Doctor by Iyaniwura123: 3:44pm On Jan 25, 2013
I just checked it out now and it really makes a lot of sense! We can collaborate you know! smiley
tomakint: Good job Iyaniwura, I remembered opening something related to that but on a wider scope on this page; https://www.nairaland.com/1118720/catalogues-history-makers-nigeria keep it up
Re: Abimbola Awoliyi: First Female Doctor by StOla: 4:07pm On Jan 25, 2013
Ìyániwúrà123: I tried to get as much as possible but I was only able to lay hands on info on the son. He wrote a novel in her honour. Should I eventually get info on her, I will update the post. Thanks for your time.

The info(being from Lagos Island too - Brazillian Quarters )i heard about the son was that he was a source of sorrow to the family. The usual wayward, drug junkie story we most often associate with the kids of the rich and successful. The typical loser, who then embarks on a mission to possess what is rightfully his after the demise of the successful parents who probably disowned him while still alive. Is this info factual? I can't say, just thought i should share with the curious. It's a neighbourhood tale, as to its veracity readers discretion is advised!

The Citrus/Poultry farm mentioned in the bio-details should be the present Abimbola Awoliyi residential estate at Oko-Oba on the road from Agege to Abule-Egba. Most farms on that axis are now prime residential estates.
Re: Abimbola Awoliyi: First Female Doctor by Omexonomy: 4:27pm On Jan 25, 2013
ebamma: Mr death is not a respecter of degrees,good character,wealth, or political position,mr death is a badman
. Death is a bad woman
Re: Abimbola Awoliyi: First Female Doctor by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jan 25, 2013
[color=#990000][/color] i have said this before and i will continue to say it, that, medicine and surgery is the best course can someone tell the first woman to become a civil enginneer or law and the rest. Up med&sur
Re: Abimbola Awoliyi: First Female Doctor by tomakint: 4:39pm On Jan 25, 2013
Ìyániwúrà123: I just checked it out now and it really makes a lot of sense! We can collaborate you know! smiley
For real, I am yours, my door is always opened for a future collaboration!

1 Like

Re: Abimbola Awoliyi: First Female Doctor by labamo07(m): 5:32pm On Jan 25, 2013
She has a hospital right in front of my house on Lagos Island, one of the best private hospitals to be reckoned with after St.Nicholas........

2 Likes

Re: Abimbola Awoliyi: First Female Doctor by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jan 25, 2013
What a smart, beautiful Yoruba woman! emphasis on Yoruba grin tongue

2 Likes

Re: Abimbola Awoliyi: First Female Doctor by SamAfoo: 6:03pm On Jan 25, 2013
She was an achiever and great.I dove my hat for her.
Re: Abimbola Awoliyi: First Female Doctor by Ilekokonit: 6:07pm On Jan 25, 2013
Reading through her impressive achievements make you realise ONCE AGAIN how low Nigeria and Nigerians have fallen in terms of morality and decency.

Gone were the days when our parents instilled in us that honesty is the best policy.
Re: Abimbola Awoliyi: First Female Doctor by Chanchit: 6:10pm On Jan 25, 2013
yam:

u ve not seen someone and u respect the person shocked
what does acquiring degree have to do with death.

If I say I respect Iyaniwura, its because I've been following her threads, dts how u jump into conclusions without thinking. Let me wait and see if anybody would come and xplain what my first post means to you, if nobody xplains what I mean, then I would do it myself later.

1 Like

Re: Abimbola Awoliyi: First Female Doctor by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jan 25, 2013
@Iyaniwura,thanks for the remeberance,she was an achiever,I am an islander too,my family church is Holy Cross Catededral,and attended St Mary's Convent too as Primary,then proceeded to FGGC new Bussa.There are many brazillians on island,notable ares like Tokunbo,Campus,Gbangbose,Igbosere,Catholic Mission,etc.

1 Like

Re: Abimbola Awoliyi: First Female Doctor by lifesabeach: 7:28pm On Jan 25, 2013
We need more women like this ooo! Guys!! stop knocking up dem girls in their final years in school with your "catch them young" mentality...please, so they can go on to get, MBA, GFR, OBE, JP ETC ETC ETC grin

1 Like

Re: Abimbola Awoliyi: First Female Doctor by valerie25(f): 8:34pm On Jan 25, 2013
death,oh death where is thy sting?yet,wicked pple are living more dan 100 years. smh
Re: Abimbola Awoliyi: First Female Doctor by yam: 8:51pm On Jan 25, 2013
Chanchit:

Let me wait and see if anybody would come and xplain what my first post means to you, if nobody xplains what I mean, then I would do it myself later.

what ur first post meant was dis

the woman was learned with so much degree and a medical expert and she still died at that age
whereas

you have a grand parent whose is a farmer and still alive.

meaning

with all her knowledge she still died at that age while ur grandparent who is a nonetity just died at 102.
Re: Abimbola Awoliyi: First Female Doctor by funmikosoko: 9:26pm On Jan 25, 2013
yam:

what ur first post meant was dis

the woman was learned with so much degree and a medical expert and she still died at that age
whereas

meaning

with all her knowledge she still died at that age while ur grandparent who is a nonetity just died at 102.

you have a grand parent whose is a farmer and still alive. GBAM!!! Well said. ;d ;d
Re: Abimbola Awoliyi: First Female Doctor by pitipom: 10:09pm On Jan 25, 2013
J12: She also looks like a man
And u look like a bearded he-goat! Olodo!

2 Likes

Re: Abimbola Awoliyi: First Female Doctor by kushe: 2:56am On Jan 26, 2013
@chancit

Make the best of your time while you are still here.Does anyone anywhere know who you are?I know more about this wonderful lady now thanks to the OP even though I spent sometime visiting her hospital when my mum had an accident in1986.Steve Jobs didn't make it to 60 but the world will never forget him,will anyone remember you even if you made it to 150?

2 Likes

Re: Abimbola Awoliyi: First Female Doctor by pharmow: 3:42am On Jan 26, 2013
The level of reasoning of some Nigerians makes me feel sorry for the future of the country.

@OP thanks for sharing info about this great woman. She is the kinna of person that supposed to be honored and be a role model to young gals

1 Like

Re: Abimbola Awoliyi: First Female Doctor by Iyaniwura123: 5:37am On Jan 26, 2013
Oh! Brilliant! We can keep rolling on info@iyaniwura.com, since we are both passionate on these topics, our synergy should make more sense smiley
tomakint:
For real, I am yours, my door is always opened for a future collaboration!
Re: Abimbola Awoliyi: First Female Doctor by Iyaniwura123: 5:38am On Jan 26, 2013
You have so many similarities! smiley
uplawal: @Iyaniwura,thanks for the remeberance,she was an achiever,I am an islander too,my family church is Holy Cross Catededral,and attended St Mary's Convent too as Primary,then proceeded to FGGC new Bussa.There are many brazillians on island,notable ares like Tokunbo,Campus,Gbangbose,Igbosere,Catholic Mission,etc.
Re: Abimbola Awoliyi: First Female Doctor by lythia: 11:39am On Jan 26, 2013
Chanchit: Na wah o, with all the degree she still died @ 61, anyway my grandma(farmer) jst died @ 102 n burial tinz is loading.
@chanchit,at least she accomplishd her mision on earth by saving lives
Re: Abimbola Awoliyi: First Female Doctor by Sdabgal: 10:56am On Aug 07, 2014
hmmmmm..... such is life! A GREAT WOMAN INDEED!!!
Re: Abimbola Awoliyi: First Female Doctor by ElFenomeno1: 10:58am On Aug 07, 2014
Chanchit: Na wah o, with all the degree she still died @ 61, anyway my grandma(farmer) jst died @ 102 n burial tinz is loading.

Certified dunce!
Re: Abimbola Awoliyi: First Female Doctor by Chanchit: 11:18am On Aug 07, 2014
ElFenomeno1:

Certified dunce!

Olori awon oloshi...
Re: Abimbola Awoliyi: First Female Doctor by ElFenomeno1: 11:27am On Aug 07, 2014
Chanchit:

Olori awon oloshi...

Your father and your mother, the deputy olori awon ashiere!
Re: Abimbola Awoliyi: First Female Doctor by Chanchit: 12:38pm On Aug 07, 2014
ElFenomeno1:

Your father and your mother, the deputy olori awon ashiere!

Why won't you know they are deputy, since the association was founded by ur grandparents..
Re: Abimbola Awoliyi: First Female Doctor by jbblues24(m): 1:52am On Jun 02, 2019
Don't want to close my eyes I don't want to fall asleep Cause I'd miss you babe And I don't want to miss a thing Cause even when I dream of you The sweetest dream will never do I'd still miss you babe And I don't want to miss a thing. smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

River Mysteriously Turns To Blood In Ghana. / Top 10 Fertility Myths Debunked / The Local Name For Beetroot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.