Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,749 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

I Want To Study Abroad.., But It's All So Confusing - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Want To Study Abroad.., But It's All So Confusing (6716 Views)

He Wants To Study Abroad But He Doesn't Have A Complete Waec Result / Care To Study Abroad,but No Cash,am Sure This Will Help / Pls I Need A Scholarship Not To Study Abroad But Here In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Study Abroad.., But It's All So Confusing by John1305(m): 4:23am On Jan 25, 2013
I am a Nigerian graduate preparing to go and serve, I'm not satisfied with my course and level of degree (although I had a good grade) neither am I satisfied with furthering edu. here in Nigeria. I need to study abroad any advise would be welcome. thank

1 Like

Re: I Want To Study Abroad.., But It's All So Confusing by dominique(f): 10:12am On Jan 25, 2013
By 'abroad' which country(ies) do you have in mind? There are lots of internationally recognised professional courses you can do here that can help boost your qualification. But if you insist on furthering outside, make proper findings before taking the leap.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Study Abroad.., But It's All So Confusing by Zzyzx92(m): 12:15pm On Jan 26, 2013
http://studyabroadconsultant.gnbo.com.ng/
Check out this site....it might be of help.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Study Abroad.., But It's All So Confusing by snowprince(m): 12:36pm On Jan 26, 2013
Just think well before you register for any abroad stuf.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Study Abroad.., But It's All So Confusing by Kobojunkie: 4:39pm On Jan 26, 2013
John1305: I am a Nigerian graduate preparing to go and serve, I'm not satisfied with my course and level of degree (although I had a good grade) neither am I satisfied with furthering edu. here in Nigeria. I need to study abroad any advise would be welcome. thank

Since you are not satisfied with your current level, have you at least worked on re-learning it all on your own first? I have found that the same textbooks you use in class, can help you gain the same knowledge if you read them on your own. I have learnt quite a bit that way. Though I still sign up at the colleges to get the credits for the class afterwards.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Study Abroad.., But It's All So Confusing by John1305(m): 11:53am On Feb 01, 2013
thanks guys.. actually, I've been nursing a place like Canada or the U.S in mind, but from recent findings it seems so hard. Nigerian websites are not even helping issues as I've heard stories of many who were duped big time. I studied Physiology, a very interesting course I can't help making reference to everyday. But a Masters or an MBBS is desired.
Re: I Want To Study Abroad.., But It's All So Confusing by Utchry: 4:16pm On Feb 01, 2013
There was a Canadian Education fair that was just concluded in Lagos & Abuja where different school representatives from Canada visited, interviewed & even gave prospective students an opportunity to apply without any fee that would have been collected from agents.
Re: I Want To Study Abroad.., But It's All So Confusing by modeducation: 4:58pm On Feb 04, 2013
hello John, i saw ur post and would like to help you out. i represent universities in USA and Canada. you can call 08081909290 or send a mail to modbenin@gmail.com. Dont worry, consultation is free. i look forward to hearing from you.
Re: I Want To Study Abroad.., But It's All So Confusing by Utchry: 4:10pm On Feb 05, 2013
You can as well visit Maple Inc. They are at Lekki Phase 1(can' remember the close) but you can reach their customer service on 08034165573, 08028302970. All the best.
Re: I Want To Study Abroad.., But It's All So Confusing by WHIZBRO(m): 7:03pm On Feb 05, 2013
To study in the US and Canada( reputable schools). You will need to write GRE and/or TOEFL. However check out University of Wyoming, moderately priced, reputable www.uwyo.education. keep doing your research and if you have any questions ask on this thread

P.S DON'T call anyone privately like you rightfully said, people are being duped big time
Re: I Want To Study Abroad.., But It's All So Confusing by WHIZBRO(m): 7:04pm On Feb 05, 2013
Re: I Want To Study Abroad.., But It's All So Confusing by John1305(m): 3:32am On Apr 28, 2013
Has any one done the GRE here, ?
Re: I Want To Study Abroad.., But It's All So Confusing by sikons: 12:22pm On May 20, 2013
Get in touch with Sinathi Consults
www.sinathi.com
Re: I Want To Study Abroad.., But It's All So Confusing by peemesh2: 5:16pm On Jun 15, 2013
John1305: I am a Nigerian graduate preparing to go and serve, I'm not satisfied with my course and level of degree (although I had a good grade) neither am I satisfied with furthering edu. here in Nigeria. I need to study abroad any advise would be welcome. thank

Am not here to sale any consult on school abroad in as much as I run one..my dear foreign education has always been an edge but you must first put some things into consideration

1. Budget
2. Course of study
3. Country of destination

And believe me you can start your admission process yourself even without an agent if you can get those questions right... Good luck
PMconsult®

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Study Abroad.., But It's All So Confusing by kedge: 2:42pm On Aug 06, 2013
STUDY ABROAD JUST GOT EASIER

With contacts in Uk, USA, Canada, Newzealand, Barcelona, Sweden, Geneva, Cyprus, Turkey, Malaysia, Dubai, Edinburgh, Dublin, and Mauritius, KEDGE CONSULTING makes admission process a lot easier.

For more information and free counseling contact KEDGE CONSULTING LIMITED on info@kedgeconsultingltd.com, Julius: 08174610296, Nkechi : 08174610298, Shola:08033608831 visit our website www.kedgeconsultingltd.com.
Re: I Want To Study Abroad.., But It's All So Confusing by drake107: 3:09pm On Jan 27, 2015

1 Like

Re: I Want To Study Abroad.., But It's All So Confusing by campusconnect: 11:43am On Jan 28, 2015
I Want To Study Abroad.., But It's All So Confusing by John1305(m): 4:23am On Jan 25, 2013
I am a Nigerian graduate preparing to go and serve, I'm not satisfied with my course and level of degree (although I had a good grade) neither am I satisfied with furthering edu. here in Nigeria. I need to study abroad any advise would be welcome. thank

(Quote) (Report) (Like) (Share)

like someone just made mention you must first

1. be clear about the destination and why the preference for it i.e academic purpose or practice/post study
2. how much are you willing to pay as tuition fee
3. the university itself.
many people have said don't use agents but I'll disagree with them. just because of one bad experience with the wrong person or agent doesn't mean every agent out there wants to rip you off your money. find below an article i normally show my students/clients on how to choose the right education agent even though they may not end up using our services.

Many students planning to study abroad consult an ‘education agent’ – sometimes referred to as an education advisor or counsellor.
Education agents can help you plan your studies, apply for a course, book accommodation, travel and more.
It’s important to choose a reputable agent who will put your interests first and offer you good advice.
Here Helen Obaje, Professional Development Manager at the British Council, gives her top tips for finding and working with an agent.
Before you approach an agent
1. Think carefully about your study and career plans – you will get better advice if you have a clear idea of your goals and the type of course you are interested in. Use the menu above to browse courses and read about your study options.
2. Some agents have formal working relationships with particular schools, colleges and universities. This means they know the application processes well, and should be able to help you effectively. If you already know where you want to study, choosing an agent who represents this education centre may be ideal for you.
However, if you are interested in exploring lots of different education centres and evaluating which one is best suited to you – make sure the agent is able to present you with the full range of options, rather than just the particular schools, colleges or universities they represent.
To find an agent
3. If you are interested in a particular school, college or university: ask the institution if they have good agents in your country that could help you. Many UK schools, colleges and universities list the agents they work with on their websites.
4. Another good place to look is the British Council’s Global Agents List. Here you can find contact details for certified agents in your country. Agents listed here have passed the British Council’s Agent Training Certificate within the last two years, meaning they have a good knowledge of the UK’s education system.
5. Ask your family, friends and teachers if they can recommend a good education agent to you.
Before you use an agent’s services
6. Ask the agent for references or testimonials from students they have assisted in the past.
7. If possible, speak to more than one agent – this will give you the opportunity to compare the information you are given.
8. Always ask for a summary of costs – make sure you know what you are paying for, and compare prices. If an agent doesn’t charge you a fee, this is because they receive a commission from the education institution they represent.
9. Be aware that your CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies) is normally sent directly to you from the university, college or school, and not to the agent, unless you have arranged this with your CAS provider.
10. Finally, read any documents carefully before you sign them.
Visit the British Council’s Global Agents List to find agents now.

By Helen Obaje, British Council
3 July 2014

Campus Connections is a recruitment agency for students wishing to study abroad linking them with opportunities across the world.
Our educational services include

* Application processing into institution in UK, USA, CANADA, AUSTRALIA, EUROPE, ASIA and DUBAI

* Visa Counseling and Guidance etc

for enquiries
www.campusconnections-edu.com
email:lagos@campusconnections-edu.com
george.campusconnections@yahoo.com

tel: 08186775365

1 Like

Re: I Want To Study Abroad.., But It's All So Confusing by lawunmii: 2:48pm On May 22, 2015
Hi! You can contact Abroad Education Services. They provide all services to facilitate studying abroad. Call: 08091490734 or email : wazzarooneyrulz@yahoo.com
Re: I Want To Study Abroad.., But It's All So Confusing by EduRegard: 9:31am On Jul 16, 2016
[size=14pt]Nice thread on here. Meanwhile, Here is a Compiled Complete Guide For Nigerians To Study Abroad For Free.[/size]
Re: I Want To Study Abroad.., But It's All So Confusing by Chydobe: 1:34am On Oct 30, 2017
For some people who are used to the modern world. locating best places to study abroad, isn't a big deal, some already have an idea of the best place to study abroad and wouldn't want to contest in any argument about it. However, this article has a compilation of the best places to study abroad. These places are world educational arenas available virtually in all careers. Considering to study abroad? Then consider places like, Canada, Australia, France, London, China, Spain, Italy, Ireland, USA and lots more.

Before considering your best place to study abroad, make it a point of duty to be well informed about the requirements and all you need to study in such country. Now, it is time for you to choose one of these places to start your studies.

Click to view list, contact info and links to their official website

http://www.newzified.com/list-of-best-places-to-study-abroad-best-place-to-study/
Re: I Want To Study Abroad.., But It's All So Confusing by ifemaco: 9:57pm On Jun 16, 2019
For those interested in studying tuition free, check out this video and go see more videos and follow. If you have any questions, drop it in the comment section

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygM6d_twUWk
Re: I Want To Study Abroad.., But It's All So Confusing by Bunmi98: 8:09am On Nov 28, 2019
Do you want to study abroad and worry less about expesive tuition... WhatsApp +1 (206) 531-0014 for more info on hw
Re: I Want To Study Abroad.., But It's All So Confusing by Afuapedayo: 8:13am On Nov 28, 2019
Bunmi98:
Do you want to study abroad and worry less about expesive tuition... WhatsApp +1 (206) 531-0014 for more info on hw
okay thanks
Re: I Want To Study Abroad.., But It's All So Confusing by Samsoncloe: 11:45am On Jul 02, 2021
Am a graduate of physics Education with a 2.2. I want to go for a master's program. so which school should I apply for
Re: I Want To Study Abroad.., But It's All So Confusing by Hahjascho(m): 11:59am On Jul 02, 2021
John1305:
What did you later settle with?

(1) (Reply)

Seminar/project Topics And Materials In Physical Health Education / How Do I Reprint My 2010 Utme Registration Slip / Types Of Ladies You Meet In Nig. Higher Institution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.