Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,416 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

A Backsliding Muslim Needs Help - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / A Backsliding Muslim Needs Help (1629 Views)

Every Muslim Needs To Read This Article About #ramadan / A Muslim Needs Our Help To Live / A Backsliding Muslim Needs Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Backsliding Muslim Needs Help by Tunbolity(m): 6:54am On Jan 25, 2013
Oshapraprpaprarparprapraprar
Re: A Backsliding Muslim Needs Help by tbaba1234: 8:40am On Jan 25, 2013
Alhamdulilah akhi,

I am happy that you are here and i pray that Allah helps you along the straight path.

Let's start from the basics, You are the only person that can provide the answers...

1. Politics and entertainment

It seems to me that there is a problem with priorities. There is nothing inherently wrong in being a politician and serving people as long as it is done ethically and you refer everything back to Quran and the sunnah. Meaning, you stay away from corruption and bad practices.

a. Have compromised your Islamic values for power? The more we sin, the weaker our faith becomes but Allah loves those who return....

The Prophet sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam said, ‘All the sons of Adam are sinners and the best among the sinners are those who repent.’ (Ahmad and others)

At-Tirmidhi and others reported on the authority of Anas ibn Maalik who said, ‘I heard the Messenger of Allaah sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam saying: “Allaah says, ‘O son of Adam! As long as you call unto me and seek (forgiveness from) me, I will forgive you for all of the sins that you may commit and I do not care (how many they amount to). O son of Adam! If you come to me with what is almost as much as the earth (in volume) in sins, but you meet me without having associated any partner with Me in worship, I will give you the same amount of forgiveness.’

Examine yourself and see if you are in politics for the right reasons.

b. Has politics or entertainment become more important than your religion?

If this is the case, then maybe it is time to leave politics... Abandon the forms of entertainment that make it difficult to focus on your purpose of life... Remember Death, the destroyer of all pleasures. Start thinking about death.

Where do you stand with Allah?
Are you deserving of Allah's mercy?

Allah says: [Prophet], consider the one who has taken his own desire as a god, whom God allows to stray in the face of knowledge, sealing his ears and heart and covering his eyes– who can guide such a person after God [has done this]? Will you [people] not take heed? (Surah 45:23)

2. Friends

Allah Says in Surah Taha when talking to Musa (alayhi salam):

Do not let anyone who does not believe in it and follows his own desires distract you from it, and so bring you to ruin.’ (Surah 20:16)

Are you going to follow one who will bring you to ruin?

Start hanging by the mosque, start making muslim friends who will remind you of salat.

the Prophet Muhammad (saws) said: “A person is likely to follow the faith of his friend, so look whom you befriend.” (Abu Dawood and at-Tirmithi)

Prophet Muhammad (saws) said: “The example of a good companion and a bad companion is like that of the seller of musk, and the one who blows the blacksmith’s bellows.. So as for the seller of musk then either he will grant you some, or you buy some from him, or at least you enjoy a pleasant smell from him. As for the one who blows the blacksmith’s bellows then either he will burn your clothes or you will get an offensive smell from him.” (Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

Get practising muslim friends and gradually reduce the amount time you spend with those that have no benefit for you.

And Allah knows best.

1 Like

Re: A Backsliding Muslim Needs Help by BetaThings: 9:27am On Jan 25, 2013
There are no devout muslims. We are all striving muslims
Abandonment of salat is the first door onto the part to kufr

Solution
You have the greatest solution already - you are not happy with your situation. That is the most important
MOVE with Muslims who don't joke with their salat
Schedule your activities to be close to the mosque always so that you can always hear the adhan
Some students read in (or around) the mosque so that praying is a breeze
Go for lectures that remind you of the hereafter. Sincerely we can die at anytime. It will not do to be stuttering
Please note this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/1170247/observe-5-daily-salat

1 Like

Re: A Backsliding Muslim Needs Help by hadbak: 12:41am On Jan 29, 2013
The politics may have contributed, but having xtian friends may have contributed more. As a muslim, having xtians as frnd isn't a healthy/encouraging thing to do bcus their life style n d islamic way of life contradicts n it wil make u lack behind in ur islamic activities. On d oda hand, try keep devoted muslim frnds who will help u gain back ur conciuosnes of Allah, listens to tafseers as well as go for taalims n islamic programes, inshaa Allah u will be fine.
Concerning deserting dem (ur xtian frnds), My dear brother, since u have make up ur mind to work on ur Imaan, deserting dem is d best thing to do(pardon me) but do it gradually n wisely not in an ofensive way. They will say n think what dey have to, some may even hate u but knw dt Allah will love u in return. I know tis may be difficult but d truth is if u want to replenish ur faith u must take out d anti-faith out of ur life.
Lastly, U shld put it in mind that Salat is an obligation upon u dat u MUST fulfil. They r people who r physically challanged but dey neva miss out dia salat, u hav to see how dey strugle to meet Allah despite dia conditn bcus dey knw its wajib upon them. A frnd of mine wil say..if u r after sucess ran n observe ur salat as u hear d adhan says "come to sucess"
May Allah grant u guidance n ease in this affair, ameen.

(1) (Reply)

How Successful Has The Muslim Singles Matching Service Been? / Your Favourite Quotes from the Qur'an / List Most Laughable Things About Muslim Claims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.