Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Imo Egbema Power Plant , Set For 1st Fire Commissioning & Commercial Operations - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Egbema Power Plant , Set For 1st Fire Commissioning & Commercial Operations (6461 Views)

Iara Oshiomhole At The Commissioning Of Uju Romi Ultra Modern Market (Pics) / Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT / Commissioning Of 4 Nigerian Navy Warships By President Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo Egbema Power Plant , Set For 1st Fire Commissioning & Commercial Operations by LordNaya: 7:21pm On Jan 25, 2013
NIPP LOT 2 OVER 90% COMPLETED EGBEMA POWER PLANT TO COMMENCE FULL COMMERCIAL OPERATIONS 4TH QUARTER,2013
The NIPP Lot 2- Egbema Power Plant in Egbema, Ohaji/Egbema Local Government Area of Imo State

Officials of the National Integrated Power Project (NIPP) have been charged to ensure full monitoring and timely completion of all ongoing power projects in the country by the stipulated completion dates to meet the yearnings of Nigerians for steady power supply.

Minister of Information, Mr. Labaran Maku gave the charge on Tuesday 22nd January, 2013 during an inspection of NIPP Lot 2- Egbema Simple Cycle Power Plant during the National Good Governance Tour of Imo State.

“As the representatives of the Federal Government at all power project sites, you need to be up and doing. Nigerians are waiting for these projects to be delivered to them”, the Minister stated.

Briefing the NGGT team, the Project Manager, Engr. Basil Ozoh stated that the NIPP Lot 2- Egbema Power Plant Project was conceived as a simple cycle power plant with 3 Gas Turbines having the generating capacity of 112.8 Mega Watts of electricity and a combined generating capacity of 338MW of electricity into the national grid.

Engr. Ozoh further informed the team that the project has provision for future extension. According to him, future plant configurations include 6units of Gas Turbine Generators and 3 units of Steam Turbine Generators.

Speaking further on the status of the power plant, the Project Manager said for Gas Turbines 1 – 3, the turbines and generators have been erected and the First Fire Commissioning and Commercial Operation has been scheduled for the 4th quarter of 2013.

He however disclosed that the progress achieved so far did not come without challenges. Some of the challenges he said included delay in release of advance payment to the EPC contractor 6months after signing of the contract as well as delay in payment of outstanding invoices certified for work done from 2008 – 2009.

Other challenges are militancy in the Niger Delta region and high rate of Kidnapping from 2008 – 2010. He also said that the unprecedented flood levels of River Niger and as a result the Orashi River in the months of September and November 2012 had caused further delays in delivering the project.

The NIPP Lot 2- Simple Cycle Power Plant Project located in Egbema in Ohaji/Egbema Local Government Area of Imo State is being constructed by ROCKSON Engineering Company Ltd. for the Niger Delta Power Holding Company and executed by the NIPP.

As at 21st January, 2013, the status of progress on the job is as follows: Engineering – 95 percent complete; Procurement – 93 percent completion; Construction/Field Erection – 83 percent; while overall percentage of completion is 90 percent.

http://fmi.gov.ng/nggt-imo-maku-tasks-nipp-on-monitoring-completion-of-power-projects/

Click to View More Pictures
Re: Imo Egbema Power Plant , Set For 1st Fire Commissioning & Commercial Operations by LordNaya: 7:49pm On Jan 25, 2013
The level of infrastructural and human developments in Imo state is awesome. The multiplier effects of this power plant coupled with the gigantic 3.5 billion dollars Shell-Chevron gas plant Assa, Oguta port, Imo industrial park Ngor Okpala, 500 million dollars 12 floors heartland shopping mall Owerri, the big 25000 tonnes per day Nsu tiles, 500 units European design and American built Duplexes (Diaspora Village) Ogbaku, and others i can't remember; is not just breath taking but also huge. The government of Imo state is really doing well. Congrats to Ndi Imo State.

2 Likes

Re: Imo Egbema Power Plant , Set For 1st Fire Commissioning & Commercial Operations by asha80(m): 7:54pm On Jan 25, 2013
Lord Naya: The level of infrastructural and human developments in Imo state is awesome. The multiplier effects of this power plant coupled with the gigantic 3.5 billion dollars Shell-Chevron gas plant Assa, Oguta port, Imo industrial park Ngor Okpala, 500 million dollars 12 floors heartland shopping mall Owerri, the big 25000 tonnes per day Nsu tiles, 500 units European design and American built Duplexes (Diaspora Village) Ogbaku, and others i can't remember; is not just breath taking but also huge. The government of Imo state is really doing well. Congrats to Ndi Imo State.

what are the evidences that bolded ones are ACTUALLY happening?
Re: Imo Egbema Power Plant , Set For 1st Fire Commissioning & Commercial Operations by LordNaya: 8:06pm On Jan 25, 2013
@Asha go to the sites and see massive construction going on
Re: Imo Egbema Power Plant , Set For 1st Fire Commissioning & Commercial Operations by asha80(m): 8:15pm On Jan 25, 2013
i am not in imo now so unfortunately i cannot see anyone.by the way when did oguta port construction start?i heard somewhere that it is about being completed when the info. minister visited the site and i said to myself is he joking or what?

where is the shopping mall located in owerri?

1 Like

Re: Imo Egbema Power Plant , Set For 1st Fire Commissioning & Commercial Operations by PointB: 8:29pm On Jan 25, 2013
Lord Naya: The level of infrastructural and human developments in Imo state is awesome. The multiplier effects of this power plant coupled with the gigantic 3.5 billion dollars Shell-Chevron gas plant Assa, Oguta port, Imo industrial park Ngor Okpala, 500 million dollars 12 floors heartland shopping mall Owerri, the big 25000 tonnes per day Nsu tiles, 500 units European design and American built Duplexes (Diaspora Village) Ogbaku, and others i can't remember; is not just breath taking but also huge. The government of Imo state is really doing well. Congrats to Ndi Imo State.

Nwanne, a picture would have spoken more than your 92 words. tongue

1 Like

Re: Imo Egbema Power Plant , Set For 1st Fire Commissioning & Commercial Operations by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jan 25, 2013
The power plant and Oguta port are federal govt projects
Re: Imo Egbema Power Plant , Set For 1st Fire Commissioning & Commercial Operations by asha80(m): 9:57pm On Jan 25, 2013
by the way i wonder how rural road projects in the state are going?
Re: Imo Egbema Power Plant , Set For 1st Fire Commissioning & Commercial Operations by LordNaya: 11:53pm On Jan 25, 2013
@Asha the rural roads are progressing steadily, Owerri is wearing a new look, New Owerri is da bomb tanx to Rochas. You would also be surprised at the way he has transformed Okigwe and Orlu towns. Oguta port is almost completed, the contractor said if not for irregular funding from the Fed govt they would have long finished the project. Follow the link in the article to see some pics.
Re: Imo Egbema Power Plant , Set For 1st Fire Commissioning & Commercial Operations by ak47mann(m): 12:02am On Jan 26, 2013
i think SE is getting some serious attention from FG .WOW cool

2 Likes

Re: Imo Egbema Power Plant , Set For 1st Fire Commissioning & Commercial Operations by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:10am On Jan 26, 2013
Lord Naya: @Asha the rural roads are progressing steadily, Owerri is wearing a new look, New Owerri is da bomb tanx to Rochas. You would also be surprised at the way he has transformed Okigwe and Orlu towns. Oguta port is almost completed, the contractor said if not for irregular funding from the Fed govt they would have long finished the project. Follow the link in the article to see some pics.

^^^Any pics of this spanking new Owerri?

And on Oguta river port: saw it on network news as well; i understand the need for the one in Onitsha, but does anyone know what major use the one at Oguta will be put to?.....or will it be mainly for passenger transportation?
Re: Imo Egbema Power Plant , Set For 1st Fire Commissioning & Commercial Operations by taharqa: 2:33am On Jan 26, 2013
@ OP, Thank you for this link: http://fmi.gov.ng/nggt-imo-maku-tasks-nipp-on-monitoring-completion-of-power-projects/

This is the sort of things that the yeye Media team of the President whose near incompetence have made it look like GEJ was not doing anything when he Chap is probably doing more than any former leader within a space of 2 years. Tell them i said so.

They should plz provide s with PICS and progress reports of the projects going on throughout the federation.

3 Likes

Re: Imo Egbema Power Plant , Set For 1st Fire Commissioning & Commercial Operations by taharqa: 3:09am On Jan 26, 2013
This is what I was just talking about. From the link I say this. Question: why are they (I mean, the Media team) only just bringing this to the attention of the public now?? They dont seem to know what they are doing, I swear to God!!

Lack of infrastructure to evacuate stranded generated electricity has been identified as the major reason for inadequate power supply in the nation as bottlenecks are usually created when electricity cannot be evacuated to the National Grid.

Engr. Bakara Kazeem, Principal Technical Officer of the Transmission Company of Nigeria made this known when he received members of the National Good Governance Tour who were at the Onitsha 330KV Transmission Substation on inspection on Thursday 25th January, 2013.

[b]He showed the team a Multi-circuit tower that has the capacity for 3 x 330KV and 2 x 132KV the first of its kind in Nigeria which carries 5 circuits simultaneously. He said the third Benin-Onitsha Line a double circuit line and the second Benin – Onitsha Line a single circuit line.

He said the eastern part of the country has stranded generation which could not be evacuated because of the bottleneck created by the single circuit. He said the single circuit is the most critical one in the country. “Whenever there is failure on the circuit the chances are there would be total failure on the entire grid and to start up the grid is always a challenge considering the costs and inconveniences. So this project was conceived to address the problem of bottleneck so that is why we have the second Benin – Onitsha Line and the third Benin – Onitsha Line”, Engr. Kazeem stated.

Engr. Kazeem further pointed out that the issues of way-leave and right of way had caused delays in the installation of the power infrastructure.

He however noted that with the new transmission lines, the stranded power could now be distributed to other parts of the country. “We could not takeout the power from other generating stations. Sometimes they were running below capacity because we lacked the facility to take it out. The good news is the first phase of the project would be commissioned on Sunday (27th January, 2013) and the next phase after 4 weeks because we need to raise new towers.

He said the project would majorly serve three states which are Edo, Delta and Anambra but technically it would affect the whole nation because whatever occurs in one part of the grid affects all other parts of the grid.

“This is a milestone that has been achieved as we can now manage the power in the grid. The incessant collapse and total blackouts will be a thing of the past by the Special Grace of God.[/b]

Minister of Information, Mr. Labaran Maku on behalf of the NGGT team expressed appreciation being done at the Onitsha station to stabilize power supply in the South South, South East and South West but also along the national power grid.

He noted that the Federal Government has invested heavily in Transmission Infrastructure all over the country citing the Alaoji and Makurdi stations. He said by the time work is finished on the power plants they would number ten adding that every aspect of the Power Road Map is being implemented to ensure that the private sector is fully involved and power is stable.

This new Onitsha-benin Double Transmission line an d substation IS SO CRITICAL for our ability to attain stable power supply. I know that this Line an two others (Afam-Jos and Alaoji-Warri-Onitsha), with other smaller lines are necessary to for s to be able to wheeled p to 8500MW successfully without the intermittent Systems collapses. I know as at 2010, none of the lines had gone anywhere (still don't know the sate of the other 2); yet we were not told the progress of this particular line until it was announced that 6 states would be in complete darkness for 2 days nor are we even told how the other 2 Lines are going. YET we have a Media team...*smh*
Re: Imo Egbema Power Plant , Set For 1st Fire Commissioning & Commercial Operations by Nobody: 6:51am On Jan 26, 2013
taharqa: @ OP, Thank you for this link: http://fmi.gov.ng/nggt-imo-maku-tasks-nipp-on-monitoring-completion-of-power-projects/

This is the sort of things that the yeye Media team of the President whose near incompetence have made it look like GEJ was not doing anything when he Chap is probably doing more than any former leader within a space of 2 years. Tell them i said so.

They should plz provide s with PICS and progress reports of the projects going on throughout the federation.

You'r very correct. The media team of GEJ has been doing next to nothing. Even the little Maku has been doing is mostly aired on NTA. Not too many people watch NTA these days, except may be 9pm news.

Some of us who are pushed to do what we do because of patriotism, do even more than those who are paid to do this job. Perhaps its a strategy of the govt to talk less now and do. But I think its time to start talking about what the govt is doing on ALL available platforms.

Anyway, I trust the Neighbour-to-Neighbour campaign organisation of GEJ will take the country by storm in due time. They'v already started a 30min weekly programme, that showcases the policies and programmes of the govt.
Re: Imo Egbema Power Plant , Set For 1st Fire Commissioning & Commercial Operations by taharqa: 11:16am On Jan 26, 2013
About time, really....
Re: Imo Egbema Power Plant , Set For 1st Fire Commissioning & Commercial Operations by Nobody: 11:38am On Jan 26, 2013
ak47mann: i think SE is getting some serious attention from FG .WOW cool
Like seriously? from FG? very well then.with the massive support from the state government,i hope for better things ahead in Imo State.Thumbs up to the Rochas Administration!

1 Like

Re: Imo Egbema Power Plant , Set For 1st Fire Commissioning & Commercial Operations by LordNaya: 12:01pm On Jan 26, 2013
Let me also add that the imo palm ltd, imo printing press, and the imo standard shoe factory are doing well. Also, construction of new estates like Nekede Exclusive Garden phase 2, Orlu road estate, Owelle Rochas Estate, Egbu layout and other new layouts in New Owerri are progressing speedily thanks to Gov Rochas. Lets not talk of the developments going on in Imo European University and the Loyola Jesuit University attracted to the state by the Imo state govt. Imolites are really blessed, the state is one of the fastest developing cities in Africa. Ask those who visited Imo last Christmas they would confirm what am saying. Its simply awesome and amazing.
Re: Imo Egbema Power Plant , Set For 1st Fire Commissioning & Commercial Operations by solomon111(m): 12:29pm On Jan 26, 2013
berem: Like seriously? from FG? very well then.with the massive support from the state government,i hope for better things ahead in Imo State.Thumbs up to the Rochas Administration!
massive 'support' from state govt?
Lol.
Re: Imo Egbema Power Plant , Set For 1st Fire Commissioning & Commercial Operations by taharqa: 12:37pm On Jan 26, 2013
solomon111: massive 'support' from state govt?
Lol.
Don't mind dat gal boo, she has become anoda tin lately grin grin
Re: Imo Egbema Power Plant , Set For 1st Fire Commissioning & Commercial Operations by asha80(m): 12:53pm On Jan 26, 2013
Lord Naya: Let me also add that the imo palm ltd, imo printing press, and the imo standard shoe factory are doing well. Also, construction of new estates like Nekede Exclusive Garden phase 2, Orlu road estate, Owelle Rochas Estate, Egbu layout and other new layouts in New Owerri are progressing speedily thanks to Gov Rochas. Lets not talk of the developments going on in Imo European University and the Loyola Jesuit University attracted to the state by the Imo state govt. Imolites are really blessed, the state is one of the fastest developing cities in Africa. Ask those who visited Imo last Christmas they would confirm what am saying. Its simply awesome and amazing.
Lord Naya: Let me also add that the imo palm ltd, imo printing press, and the imo standard shoe factory are doing well. Also, construction of new estates like Nekede Exclusive Garden phase 2, Orlu road estate, Owelle Rochas Estate, Egbu layout and other new layouts in New Owerri are progressing speedily thanks to Gov Rochas. Lets not talk of the developments going on in Imo European University and the Loyola Jesuit University attracted to the state by the Imo state govt. Imolites are really blessed, the state is one of the fastest developing cities in Africa. Ask those who visited Imo last Christmas they would confirm what am saying. Its simply awesome and amazing.
which one is owelle rochas estate?where is it located?i thought the shoe industry has legal issues hence it is closed?as for imo eu varsity i wonder it would be completed under this administration.
Re: Imo Egbema Power Plant , Set For 1st Fire Commissioning & Commercial Operations by LordNaya: 2:07pm On Jan 26, 2013
@Asha Owelle Rochas estate is one of the legacy projects being built by Gov Rochas it is expected to contain 1000 housing units targeted at the middle class. The standard shoe factory have been handed over to an Italian investor which has developed the factory to an advanced stage with plans by the Imo state govt to sell its shares to the investor in order to make them majority shareholder. The contract for the supply of the free shoes and uniform to primary and secondary schools was awarded to the company as an incentive. Also land for the establishment of Imo waste recycling plant has been acquired at Mbaitoli LGA. LG Electronics recently openned a big show room at Okigwe road Owerri. Before the end of this year the new dualised roads in Okigwe and Orlu would be filled with streetlight, the poles have been fixed already. Look there are many projects going on in Imo state that i can't state all of them. Simply ask those that went to Imo state recently for more info.
Re: Imo Egbema Power Plant , Set For 1st Fire Commissioning & Commercial Operations by Dede1(m): 2:41pm On Jan 26, 2013
Lord Naya: @Asha the rural roads are progressing steadily, Owerri is wearing a new look, New Owerri is da bomb tanx to Rochas. You would also be surprised at the way he has transformed Okigwe and Orlu towns. Oguta port is almost completed, the contractor said if not for irregular funding from the Fed govt they would have long finished the project. Follow the link in the article to see some pics.

New Owerre has been in grove when Rochas Okorocha was a thug in Jos, Plateau State.
Re: Imo Egbema Power Plant , Set For 1st Fire Commissioning & Commercial Operations by Dede1(m): 2:48pm On Jan 26, 2013
taharqa: Don't mind dat gal boo, she has become anoda tin lately grin grin

The bane of political progress in Africa is sudden madness that afflicts the people the moment a token political patronage is tossed their ways. Since Okorocha deceitfully included her baby brother as recipients of cheap and misguided scholarship, the once rational young lady has gone nuts.
Re: Imo Egbema Power Plant , Set For 1st Fire Commissioning & Commercial Operations by asha80(m): 3:00pm On Jan 26, 2013
Dede1:

New Owerre has been in grove when Rochas Okorocha was a thug in Jos, Plateau State.
that is lie dede.i am quite aware of how new owerri was as at 2008.amongst the past governors it was udenwa that did something there.people i know that travelled to owerri let me in on some structures i know that did not exist as the time i left owerri.the main issue they said is a problem was security.
Re: Imo Egbema Power Plant , Set For 1st Fire Commissioning & Commercial Operations by LordNaya: 3:33pm On Jan 26, 2013
@Dede please leave this thread, there are many threads on Imo state where you and your likes have said the abominable against the good people of Imo state even though the are pure lies born out of envy. The Enugu thread was not polluted by our Imo brothers and you complained when some "ignorant confused supremacist" tried to spoil it, so don't bring your confusion to this thread. I campaigned for you during the last Eze Igbo election pls don't spoil your reputation as a promoter of Igbo unity by following the path of disgrace. Thanks.

Follow this link to see beautiful pictures of Imo Palm Plantation reactivated by Rochas after 25 years of abandonment.
http://fmi.gov.ng/media-center/galleria/photo-galleria/?file=National+Good+Governance+Tour%2FNGGT+IMO+STATE%2FIMO+PALM+PLANTATION+OHAJI%2F&lg_offset=0

Please post the pictures if you can.

1 Like

Re: Imo Egbema Power Plant , Set For 1st Fire Commissioning & Commercial Operations by Dede1(m): 4:17pm On Jan 26, 2013
asha 80: that is lie dede.i am quite aware of how new owerri was as at 2008.amongst the past governors it was udenwa that did something there.people i know that travelled to owerri let me in on some structures i know that did not exist as the time i left owerri.the main issue they said is a problem was security.

When my people believe the stunts of praise singers, I usually get irritated. I owned a plot in New Owerre and a family friend owned one of the five-star hotels in New Owerre. Yet deluded fun seekers are trying to tell me that 6 to 15 months of Okorocha regime in Imo State had blossomed New Owerre. What a folly.
Re: Imo Egbema Power Plant , Set For 1st Fire Commissioning & Commercial Operations by Dede1(m): 4:29pm On Jan 26, 2013
Lord Naya: @Dede please leave this thread, there are many threads on Imo state where you and your likes have said the abominable against the good people of Imo state even though the are pure lies born out of envy. The Enugu thread was not polluted by our Imo brothers and you complained when some "ignorant confused supremacist" tried to spoil it, so don't bring your confusion to this thread. I campaigned for you during the last Eze Igbo election pls don't spoil your reputation as a promoter of Igbo unity by following the path of disgrace. Thanks.

Follow this link to see beautiful pictures of Imo Palm Plantation reactivated by Rochas after 25 years of abandonment.
http://fmi.gov.ng/media-center/galleria/photo-galleria/?file=National+Good+Governance+Tour%2FNGGT+IMO+STATE%2FIMO+PALM+PLANTATION+OHAJI%2F&lg_offset=0

Please post the pictures if you can.

The statements in the above post are borne out of ignorance. I was born and raised in Owerre and native of a village few miles from Owerre town. A young lady from Unuguma is married to my cousin and large part of New Owerre belongs to the people of Umuguma. I knew when we use to drive to her father’s compound through the track roads in 1980.

ADAPALM and ITC were the only money-making parastatals in Imo State. It is funny Rochas has either sold or leased them to his fronts namely Roche and Ginikana respectively. One wonders why Rochas Okorocha has not done the same to myriad of such parastatals in Imo State.
Re: Imo Egbema Power Plant , Set For 1st Fire Commissioning & Commercial Operations by asha80(m): 4:34pm On Jan 26, 2013
Dede1:

The statements in the above post are borne out of ignorance. I am born and raised in Owerre and native of a village few miles from Owerre town. A young from Unuguma is married to my cousin and large part of New Owerre belongs to the people of Umuguma. I knew when we use to drive to her father’s compound through the track roads in 1980.

ADAPALM and ITC were the only money-making parastatals in Imo State. It is funny Rochas has either sold or leased them to his fronts namely Roche and Ginikana respectively. One wonders why Rochas Okorocha has done the same to myriad of such parastatals in Imo State.
Dede1:

When my people believe the stunts of praise singers, I usually get irritated. I owned a plot in New Owerre and a family friend owned one of the five-star hotels in New Owerre. Yet deluded fun seekers are trying to tell me that 6 to 15 months of Okorocha regime in Imo State had blossomed New Owerre. What a folly.
Dede1:

When my people believe the stunts of praise singers, I usually get irritated. I owned a plot in New Owerre and a family friend owned one of the five star hotels in New Owerre. Yet deluded fun seekers are trying to tell me that 6 to 15 months of Okorocha regime in Imo State had blossomed New Owerre. What a folly.
Dede1:

Dede1:

When my people believe the stunts of praise singers, I usually get irritated. I owned a plot in New Owerre and a family friend owned one of the five star hotels in New Owerre. Yet deluded fun seekers are trying to tell me that 6 to 15 months of Okorocha regime in Imo State had blossomed New Owerre. What a folly.
ok
Re: Imo Egbema Power Plant , Set For 1st Fire Commissioning & Commercial Operations by Dede1(m): 4:48pm On Jan 26, 2013
Besides Government, International and Corporate owned structures in New Owerre, most of the structures are individually owned. What has Rochas Okorocha contributed to the development of New Owerre as private person or governor of Imo State? Rochas Okorocha built his low-class hotel at Ugwu Ikenegbu instead of New Owerre. I guess he thought the area known today as New Owerre was waste land. There is no doubt by the time he completes his term as governor of Imo State, he will have several hotels at New Owerre.
Re: Imo Egbema Power Plant , Set For 1st Fire Commissioning & Commercial Operations by asha80(m): 4:52pm On Jan 26, 2013
Dede1:

The statements in the above post are borne out of ignorance. I was born and raised in Owerre and native of a village few miles from Owerre town. A young from Unuguma is married to my cousin and large part of New Owerre belongs to the people of Umuguma. I knew when we use to drive to her father’s compound through the track roads in 1980.

ADAPALM and ITC were the only money-making parastatals in Imo State. It is funny Rochas has either sold or leased them to his fronts namely Roche and Ginikana respectively. One wonders why Rochas Okorocha has done the same to myriad of such parastatals in Imo State.
i do not know about roche and ginika fronting for rochas(would be bad if it is true) but i am sure adapalm and itc are on lease and not sold.in fact this is where i even blame rochas because as someone whose dad was once ssg in imo state i know the kind of rot(stemming from free loader mentality) that go on in these parastatals.question for you dede is why should a big palm plantation and a transport company be run as parastatals?it is high time we clean our minds from this civil service mentality we have in imo state.left to me i would have even sold adapalm to guys who are into serious agro business(let us be honest dede adapalm was not making any dime for imo state).as for itc i probably would have done the same thing rochas did (of course not using my company as front)
Re: Imo Egbema Power Plant , Set For 1st Fire Commissioning & Commercial Operations by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jan 26, 2013
I can see haters have started pouring in their venom on this thread discrediting the good works of Owelle.Haters will continue to hate while Rochas continues to put smiles on the faces of Imo people.
Re: Imo Egbema Power Plant , Set For 1st Fire Commissioning & Commercial Operations by LordNaya: 5:15pm On Jan 26, 2013
Brief overview of Oguta blue lake tourist resort rehabilitated and rejuvinated after many years of neglect

Oguta Lake Resort: Delightsome Tourist Attraction!
Saturday, 29 December 2012 00:00 Editor Saturday Magazine - Love & Life
E-mail Print
User Rating: / 0
PoorBest

PRESENT day Oguta settled during the 18TH Century as a nomadic tribe of Beni Stock who lived with the Obeagwa, Amaozua and Obuta people. They were basically farmers but also engaged in the lucrative palm oil trade and eventually attracted the Royal Niger Company (RNC) in the area.

Oguta observes three traditional festivals: Agugu Achina, Owu Achina, Omerife festivals as well as Easter, Christmas and New Year. The societies are based on age group having its own dances and masquerades.

Tradition says that Mammy water (Water goddess) exists in the Oguta Lake and most of the people believe in the existence and effectiveness of such spirit. There are two cult shrines owned by the Oguta People.

One of the standing traditions of Oguta people is that old women of the town who are over 60, may ferry people across the Lake.

Oguta is made up of Oguta 1, the traditional centre of the town, situated at the East Bank of the lake. Oguta II, on the South Bank of the lake, Housing the UAC, SCOA and other European Trading firms as well as Aro Quarters, Kalabari beach etc.

While Oguta III is on the North bank Of the Lake and is separated from Oguta1 by the Okposha Inlet, Oguta III offers a pleasing view of Oguta Blue Lake, as it is called or Ogbuide. It is the second largest fresh water in Nigeria after Lake Chad. No brine, no smarting in the eyes and no harmful creatures. It is surrounded with evergreen environs of the poetic beauty and can be regarded as the Premiere Tourist Attraction of the state.

In 1973, permission was granted by the East Central State to Messrs Ibru and Vaughan-Richard, architects and planners for the Oguta Lake Resort Project.

Oguta Lake and Golf Resort was established about 40 years ago by the colonial rulers as their exclusive getaway spot. During the Nigeria-Biafra civil war of 1967-1970, the Biafrans built a bunker with a tunnel that runs under the lake connecting both banks of the lake. This is preserved today as it’s an important part of Oguta Lake’s history and still attracts a lot of visitors.

Presently, the Resort has a holiday complex, which includes a golf course with 18 standard international holes, relic of war (mini bunker) constructed by the defunct Biafran Navy during the civil war, natural confluence of Oguta Lake and Urashi River, cruise boat services, Golf Club Bar House/Oguta Lake Motel for refreshment, lodging and feeding as well as mini-children’s recreation park.

The Imo State Government has decided to transform and reinvent the Oguta Lake and Golf Resort to reflect the goals and objectives of the New Face of Imo.

The resort shall be redesigned and developed into a World Class Edutainment Center to be known as the Imo Wonder Lake Resort and Conference Center, Oguta, or simply as Wonder Lake Resort, Nigeria.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=108915:oguta-lake-resort-delightsome-tourist-attraction&catid=184:love-a-life&Itemid=711

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! / Mosundi Demands Niger Delta Peoples Republic. / Missing Ex-cult Leader Found Dead Cult Members Killed Him (PICTURED)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.