Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,433 members, 7,830,181 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

A Plea For Reason Against Witchcraft - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Plea For Reason Against Witchcraft (2317 Views)

Nigerian Churches, Others Causing Increased Witchcraft Persecution In UK – Group / BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" / EFF Accuse Zuma Of Witchcraft After Two Mermaids Where Found In Nkandla’s “fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Plea For Reason Against Witchcraft by Nobody: 8:43am On Nov 18, 2013
Joshthefirst: any so called pastor or evangelist or even christian who resorts to physical abuse in the name of christianity is no christian at all. Anyone who instills enmity between brethren and blows the fire is not a peace-maker.

This is what religious mentality has done in nigeria.

And that's all the more reason people need to hear the truth of Gods word and power to save and Gods love.

◄ Exodus 22:18 ►

"Do not allow a witch to live"

They are following God's words. Too bad for your christianity...smh
Re: A Plea For Reason Against Witchcraft by Joshthefirst(m): 9:27am On Nov 18, 2013
Logicboy03:

◄ Exodus 22:18 ►

"Do not allow a witch to live"

They are following God's words. Too bad for your christianity...smh
you do not understand what christianity is, neither do you even know the parameters for judging one as a witch.

An adulterer was not allowed to live in those days too.

And if you want to kill witches, we all deserve to be killed then;

1 Samuel 15:23 Rebellion against him is as bad as witchcraft, and arrogance is as sinful as idolatry. Because you rejected the LORD's command, he has rejected you as king.”

I'm sure you've rebelled against Gods commands before, we all have.

Jesus did not condemn the adulterous woman, he forgave her.
Re: A Plea For Reason Against Witchcraft by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 18, 2013
Joshthefirst:
Yet his father keeps grudges and waits for us to burn in hell.
Re: A Plea For Reason Against Witchcraft by Joshthefirst(m): 9:49am On Nov 18, 2013
aManFromMars:
he doesn't keep grudges. He only punishes those who reject his forgiveness and even deny his existence just to continue in sin.

Jesus still said to the adulterous woman "go, and sin no more

When you reject the only remedy for your sins, you'll bear the full consequences yourself.
Re: A Plea For Reason Against Witchcraft by MrTroll(m): 9:56am On Nov 18, 2013
aManFromMars:

who is still himself mind you. wink
Re: A Plea For Reason Against Witchcraft by Nobody: 10:23am On Nov 18, 2013
Joshthefirst: ... even deny his existence just to continue in sin.
And this is sadly what you will never get into your blockhead. No one denies God cause they want to continue sin. Do you deny Allah cos you want to eat pork? undecided

2 Likes

Re: A Plea For Reason Against Witchcraft by ezme(m): 10:25am On Nov 18, 2013
Joshthefirst: any so called pastor or evangelist or even christian who resorts to physical abuse in the name of christianity is no christian at all. Anyone who instills enmity between brethren and blows the fire is not a peace-maker.

This is what religious mentality has done in nigeria.

And that's all the more reason people need to hear the truth of Gods word and power to save and Gods love.

There a video clip of Oyedepo slapping a "witch for Jesus". Am I safe to make conclusions on his Christianity based your submission above?
Re: A Plea For Reason Against Witchcraft by Joshthefirst(m): 10:51am On Nov 18, 2013
aManFromMars:
And this is sadly what you will never get into your blockhead. No one denies God cause they want to continue sin. Do you deny Allah cos you want to eat pork? undecided
speak the truth now then.

Did aspects of your morality change when you denied God?

Answer solemnly. Did you begin to do some wrong things(or things the bible claims is wrong) because you think they did not have repercussions?
Re: A Plea For Reason Against Witchcraft by Joshthefirst(m): 10:54am On Nov 18, 2013
ezme:

There a video clip of Oyedepo slapping a "witch for Jesus". Am I safe to make conclusions on his Christianity based your submission above?
slapping a witch or assaulting a church member "for Jesus" is wrong. Jesus never assaulted anyone for petes sake.

That was not a christian thing to do.
Re: A Plea For Reason Against Witchcraft by MrTroll(m): 10:55am On Nov 18, 2013
I think this will serve at this point...

Re: A Plea For Reason Against Witchcraft by MrTroll(m): 10:56am On Nov 18, 2013
Joshthefirst: slapping a witch or assaulting a church member "for Jesus" is wrong. Jesus never assaulted anyone for petes sake.

grin grin grin
Re: A Plea For Reason Against Witchcraft by Joshthefirst(m): 10:59am On Nov 18, 2013
Forget about rape and murders, maybe that's too extreme for you.

Let's talk lying and fornication, or looking at women lustfully.

Or even cussing.
Re: A Plea For Reason Against Witchcraft by Nobody: 11:08am On Nov 18, 2013
Joshthefirst: speak the truth now then.
Answer my question.

aManFromMars:
Re: A Plea For Reason Against Witchcraft by ezme(m): 11:57am On Nov 18, 2013
Joshthefirst: slapping a witch or assaulting a church member "for Jesus" is wrong. Jesus never assaulted anyone for petes sake.

You seem to have forgotten the whipping/flogging incident, between Jesus and some people who were trading in the synagogue.
Re: A Plea For Reason Against Witchcraft by Joshthefirst(m): 12:05pm On Nov 18, 2013
ezme:

You seem to have forgotten the whipping/flogging incident, between Jesus and some people who were trading in the synagogue.
in the temple not the synagogue.

He used the whip to drive animals from the temple.
Re: A Plea For Reason Against Witchcraft by Nobody: 12:11pm On Nov 18, 2013
Joshthefirst: in the temple not the synagogue.

He used the whip to drive animals from the temple.

smiley
Re: A Plea For Reason Against Witchcraft by Joshthefirst(m): 12:14pm On Nov 18, 2013
aManFromMars:

smiley
what's wrong?

I don't like that look. I smell sarcasm somewhere. grin

John 2:15 So he made a whip from cords and drove all the animals out of the Temple, both the sheep and the cattle; he overturned the tables of the moneychangers and scattered their coins;
Re: A Plea For Reason Against Witchcraft by ezme(m): 1:38pm On Nov 18, 2013
Joshthefirst: what's wrong?

John 2:15 So he made a whip from cords and drove all the animals out of the Temple, both the sheep and the cattle; he overturned the tables of the moneychangers and scattered their coins;

John 2:15

King James Version (KJV)

15 And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables;

You know we have access to a bible too mate? grin
Re: A Plea For Reason Against Witchcraft by ezme(m): 1:39pm On Nov 18, 2013
Joshthefirst: what's wrong?

So he acted like an tout?
Re: A Plea For Reason Against Witchcraft by Nobody: 2:09pm On Nov 18, 2013
Answer my question.

aManFromMars:
Re: A Plea For Reason Against Witchcraft by Nobody: 2:28pm On Nov 18, 2013
Joshthefirst: you do not understand what christianity is, neither do you even know the parameters for judging one as a witch.

An adulterer was not allowed to live in those days too.

And if you want to kill witches, we all deserve to be killed then;

1 Samuel 15:23 Rebellion against him is as bad as witchcraft, and arrogance is as sinful as idolatry. Because you rejected the LORD's command, he has rejected you as king.”

I'm sure you've rebelled against Gods commands before, we all have.

Wow.....Is that a valid argument?

You now equate disobedience with witchcraft using a partial quotation of a passage in the bible....you are a skilled deciever....may you never be a pastor...say "AMEN"!!!
Re: A Plea For Reason Against Witchcraft by macof(m): 11:08pm On Nov 18, 2013
Bullshity rubbish

Witchcraft and Sorcery don't bring backwardness

They aren't blood hungry people, they are only infused in so much charms, usually at birth. Some evil doers among them do this out of wickedness and corruption of power, a lot are actually good people.

Witches aren't demons but some are possed by them tho
Re: A Plea For Reason Against Witchcraft by Nobody: 5:39am On Nov 19, 2013
Wey josh?

undecided
Re: A Plea For Reason Against Witchcraft by Joshthefirst(m): 6:08pm On Nov 19, 2013
aManFromMars: Wey josh?

undecided
sorry o. I wasn't around for some time.

aManFromMars:
Answer my question.

aManFromMars:
No.

Eating pork is not sin. You cannot relate this question to mine.
Now answer my question.

Did aspects of your morality change when you denied God?

Answer solemnly. Did you begin to do some wrong things(or things the bible claims is wrong) because you think they did not have repercussions?
Re: A Plea For Reason Against Witchcraft by Nobody: 7:07pm On Nov 19, 2013
^^^
According to Allah, eating pork is a sin. Answer my question.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Spirits In The Clouds / Cherubim And Seraphim Baba Aladura Laid To Rest Today / What You May Like To Know About Us @light House Of Wisdom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.