Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,921 members, 7,863,234 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:33 PM

Help!my Laptop Is Slow - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help!my Laptop Is Slow (672 Views)

Tips On How To Speed Up A Slow Computer. / Can I Use My Mtn Bis To Browse On My Laptop? Is It Possible Folks? / How To Use The Sim Card Slot On My Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!my Laptop Is Slow by funyin(f): 1:22pm On Mar 05, 2008
My laptop-Toshiba, Pent 4, RAM 256MB, HDD 27.9GB is slow to boot, to load any program

I want to format it and reloading all the software
but i am afraid if i format it, i ll lost those features it has like-bluetooth,sound and LAN

pls help me what can I do?

Also some of the keys have stopped working.
Re: Help!my Laptop Is Slow by tonix2(m): 1:29pm On Mar 05, 2008
@ funyin

ok what i think u should do is to giv that laptop to ur younger ones to play with cos its as good as a Toy,
go get a state of the art laptop grin
Re: Help!my Laptop Is Slow by tonix2(m): 1:33pm On Mar 05, 2008
@ funyin

okay just a joke but on a more serious note if u have the CD that came with the laptop u can format it
and use the driver CD to get all those stuffs like the sound and the others u mentioned,
i guess u should have that CD with u cos whoever sold or gave u that laptop ought to hav given it to u.
so i think thats ur starting point,
if u have that CD "i dont mean the rain coat now ooo", u have got nothing to worry about, wink
Re: Help!my Laptop Is Slow by Frizy(m): 2:29pm On Mar 05, 2008
funyin:

I want to format it and reloading all the software
but i am afraid if i format it, i ll lost those features it has like-bluetooth,sound and LAN

You sound a bit funny my sister. Your bluetooth,sound and LAN can't be formatted because they're hardware devices. Just make sure the required drivers on the Cd pack is not lost. Your laptop could suffer if there is some kind of virus you're unable to identity or you've too much programs running and so many other things.

A tip: After formatting, make sure you install programs you need only and be careful of the appilications you download if you're online to prevent viral attacks-not H.I.V o grin
Re: Help!my Laptop Is Slow by mmonwuba(m): 11:02pm On Mar 05, 2008
Frizy:

You sound a bit funny my sister. Your bluetooth,sound and LAN can't be formatted because they're hardware devices. Just make sure the required drivers on the Cd pack is not lost. Your laptop could suffer if there is some kind of virus you're unable to identity or you've too much programs running and so many other things.

A tip: After formatting, make sure you install programs you need only and be careful of the appilications you download if you're online to prevent viral attacks-not H.I.V o grin

you are the one who sounds a bit funny. You should know that the poster is not a bit a computer guru like you so why start off with being a bit funny.

@poster, if you dont have the driver CD check toshiba website for drivers.
Re: Help!my Laptop Is Slow by Martins00(m): 8:35am On Mar 08, 2008
Its as simple as tht. U dont have to have the driver CD, u can as well download the driver for free from the internet. If u dont have internet at home, u can take ur USB memory stick (flash drive) to an internet cafe to save the driver in it. after formatting ur hard-disk, only install programms u really need cos ur RAM is not big enough to handle all u have i guess. So its either u increase ur RAM memory and install more programms, or manage the one u have and install less.
Re: Help!my Laptop Is Slow by funyin(f): 4:08pm On Mar 10, 2008
Thank you all

I ve gotten it rectified.

Its virus problem
Re: Help!my Laptop Is Slow by cptchicks(m): 12:40pm On Mar 12, 2008
funying, was just going through your post, i wanted to tell you that you had a virus, proaly brontok or agobot/gaobot. but then its ok, whenever you have nayother problems justs call me and i'll try to give you a step by step way of ridding yourself, im advertisinfg myself, im a new virus consultant in lagos. im setting up a company.called "Computers and all that" 08032227545 peace

(1) (Reply)

Who Has For Sale: On Or Before Monday / Browsing With Celtel Gprs And Pc? / Dell Insperion1720 Needed For Immediate Purchase

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.