Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Who Is To Pay The Lagos Land Use Charge?? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Who Is To Pay The Lagos Land Use Charge?? (2013 Views)

Land Use Charge: Lagos Moves To Seal Properties Of Defaulters … / Lagos Sealed Our House Over Land Use Charge / Who Is To Pay The Lagos Land Use Charge?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is To Pay The Lagos Land Use Charge?? by ikaboy: 11:56pm On Jan 26, 2013
If you are observant enough,you will that officials of the LSG have been distributing the Lagos land use charge bill. Early this morning, my landlord came to me notifying me of the letter they served him. To my greatest surprise, the old man quickly told me that my share of the charge is 15k. I quickly withdrew my bottle of alumo we were drinking together. He reacted and ask me what the problem is, and i told him that i wont be surprise if he comes up with a tenancy levy to raise money to build a boys quarter. What the hell is my business with the land use charge?

fellow nairalanders, i want to know if a tenant is meant to pay the land use charge?
Re: Who Is To Pay The Lagos Land Use Charge?? by Afam4eva(m): 11:58pm On Jan 26, 2013
The land is owned by the landlord and he should be responsible for paying the land use charge.
Re: Who Is To Pay The Lagos Land Use Charge?? by drnoel: 12:01am On Jan 27, 2013
Afam4eva: The land is owned by the landlord and he should be responsible for paying the land use charge.
lol are u not using the land with him. u have to pay ur own charge..
Re: Who Is To Pay The Lagos Land Use Charge?? by Afam4eva(m): 12:03am On Jan 27, 2013
drnoel:
lol are u not using the land with him. u have to pay ur own charge..
That's why you pay your rent. You can't pay your rent and also pay the landlord's rent. That's sick.
Re: Who Is To Pay The Lagos Land Use Charge?? by 2goodbobo(m): 12:16am On Jan 27, 2013
Is his responsibility to pay but directly or indirectly, you will share part of the responsibility. Eg, he may pay the charge and then increase your rent
Re: Who Is To Pay The Lagos Land Use Charge?? by NoobSaibot1: 12:16am On Jan 27, 2013
I'm still tryna figure out how in the world this is romantic. Beats me!
Re: Who Is To Pay The Lagos Land Use Charge?? by Afam4eva(m): 12:19am On Jan 27, 2013
2goodbobo: Is his responsibility to pay but directly or indirectly, you will share part of the responsibility. Eg, he may pay the charge and then increase your rent
It's better he increases the house rent than tell you to pay a part of it. If he increases the rent and you can't pay the new fee then you go elsewhere.
Re: Who Is To Pay The Lagos Land Use Charge?? by Mynd44: 1:55am On Jan 27, 2013
Very romantic
Re: Who Is To Pay The Lagos Land Use Charge?? by dominique(f): 3:00pm On Jan 27, 2013
Its the landlord's sole responsibility. The tenants are still going to move out and the property will still remain his. My folks don't demand such money from tenants. But then, they're not hungry landlords that depend solely on rent for their upkeep.
Re: Who Is To Pay The Lagos Land Use Charge?? by gabbytabby: 10:21pm On Nov 22, 2013
Land use charge is an annual charge for the occupants of the building. All occupants /Tenants must pay their share as part of the service charge.

(1) (Reply)

Own New Local Govt Shops @ Sabo Market Ikorodu and Earn Rent (Pics) / PHOTOS: 10 Of The Most Bizarre Houses In The World / 2bedroom Bungalow @ Pearl Garden Estate, Sangotedo, Ibeju-lekki N13M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.