Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,762 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

How Do I Translate This? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How Do I Translate This? (8286 Views)

Translate This Yoruba Proverb To English / How Do You Translate this specific Body Parts In Your Language? / Can you translate this Colours In Your Language? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Translate This? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jan 27, 2013
My roomate heard me listening to samclef "NONI". and was asking me what NONI meant in english. thou I am yoruba and I speak the language very well. I cant really translate this word to english. any help??
Re: How Do I Translate This? by StarFlux: 3:42am On Jan 28, 2013
I think it means on point.

Don't think it's an actual Yoruba word though.
Re: How Do I Translate This? by Nobody: 5:19am On Jan 28, 2013
StarFlux: I think it means on point.

Don't think it's an actual Yoruba word though.

I use it in yourba conversations i just dont know the english translation
Re: How Do I Translate This? by baby124: 1:22pm On Jan 28, 2013
"Is The one" "The reason" "The cause" = Noni.
Re: How Do I Translate This? by essoo(m): 10:12pm On May 25, 2019
I know it's been a while you posted this... my closest one word translation is STILL.... the actual word in yoruba is ni... the[b]no[/b] in the noni word can be comaprd to the verb is in english

My roomate heard me listening to samclef "NONI". and was asking me what NONI meant in english. thou I am yoruba and I speak the language very well. I cant really translate this word to english. any help??
Re: How Do I Translate This? by essoo(m): 10:14pm On May 25, 2019
I know it's been a while you posted this... my closest one word translation is STILL.... the actual word in yoruba is "ni"... the "no" in the noni word can be compared to the verb "is" in english

Re: How Do I Translate This? by rhektor(m): 9:26am On May 29, 2019
essoo:
I know it's been a while you posted this... my closest one word translation is STILL.... the actual word in yoruba is "ni"... the "no" in the noni word can be compared to the verb "is" in english

The word Noni is actually written náà ni, it is a word used in affirmation NÁÀ NI = is the one or the same
Òun náà ni = it is him/her
Tèmi náà ni = it is mine
etc

1 Like

Re: How Do I Translate This? by luminaz: 9:00am On Oct 27, 2020
Does the anybody uses the translation services? I found the good site translate.com and it is very trustworthy. Great platform, easy to use, fast service. We used them for our wedding certificate translation. Excellent and would not hesitate to use again. Also, good value for money. Very efficient services and responded to my emails very promptly. I was very pleased with the service provided.
Re: How Do I Translate This? by FlynnPlant: 8:30pm On Dec 28, 2021
The writer has throw light on one of the important steps and topics. They have shared the facts and go to the site https://www.jebiga.com/6-ways-how-intuitive-tools-can-make-life-better-for-teachers-and-students/ for figures related to driving. After reading this post I have gained enough information and knowledge about the latest circumstances.
Re: How Do I Translate This? by GabrielMagarey: 11:39am On Apr 10, 2022
Good to know and read about this African bush. This is totally new and updated news for us. I truly admire it and also prefer individuals to follow this http://www.margueritepilven.net/fr/articles/person/1580/emilie-benoist/view site to manage their academic tasks easily. There is a number of benefits of using this bush for different purposes related to different issues.
Re: How Do I Translate This? by FlynnPlant: 8:44pm On Apr 21, 2022
obviously, on the off chance that one individual is a foe of you and go to site https://demotix.com/traveling-as-college-student/ to the companion of the adversary will likewise turn into your foe. On a similar example this game is arranged that every one of the professional killers meet up to objective about the one individual.

(1) (Reply)

Ikwerre Language Is An Edo Dialect And Not Igbo / Igbo Village In Virginia, Usa / Meet The Somali People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.