Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,507 members, 7,830,518 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Always 'I Love My Mummy'. What About 'I Love My Daddy'? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Always 'I Love My Mummy'. What About 'I Love My Daddy'? (3295 Views)

How Can I Continue To Love My Wife / Please Help I Dont Love My Wife / I Love My Wife, But She Brings Me Bad Luck: Read, Think Before Judging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Always 'I Love My Mummy'. What About 'I Love My Daddy'? by hotangel2(f): 6:50am On May 01, 2006
YES YES YES, I am freaking tired of sweet mummy topics, what makes your mom the best mom topics, what would you do without your mom topics. Like wtf Fathers are awesome too.

My dad is the best dad in the world, Listen to me, if im to start counting what that man has done for me, I wouldn't finish it! It's too much, He's like the awesome-mist of all awesomers.

I would do anything for that man, infact i still say up till date that i'll choose him over my husband. (i know that will change, but for now, he's the greatest). I like the way he does all the little things he does, how we talk like we r best of friends, how he makes me feel that Having me as a daughter is the best thing that has ever happened to him. He does everything to make sure that i confide in him, and trust me, i'd rather talk to that man than to my friends when i have real problems.

The fact that im a girl, does not hinder our communication, yes he sometimes give me space, because yeah, it became a lil awkward when i turned 16. But i still like being his "Little angel" yeah that's what he calls me. I told him to stop but he wouldn't -- I like that he didnt! smiley

My mom is A good mum (afterall she brought me to this world), but damn i must say She's not as Amazing as my dad. Not even close y'all. Like, I wonder why people scream Sweet mother, when fathers could be soooooo Loving, caring supportive, protective (sometimes too much -- but it all ends up to being for our own good). What's the fuss about there's no love like a mothers love? undecided

My dad would do ANYTHING to make me happy, he's proud of me (this i know because he sent me little emails saying -- you r the best daughter ever). He sends me e-cards, and he even writes little notes for me. Now tell me how more sweet a father can be? he's always there, no matter what the "appointment he has". Call on him and he's there.

Infact, Without that man, i won't be what i am!! I Love him because he's the world's greatest dad. Boy, i could go on and on and on. We have our fights, but we solve it by going shopping! wink And talking. He talks to me in a way that, i will shocked, he actually reads my body language and knows when something is wrong. I actually can't lie to him, cos even if i do, i say the truth like 5 seconds later. If i dont say the truth five seconds later, i'll find a way to tell him i lied, lying to him makes me sick to the bones! I feel like a stupid daughter, my dad tells me wat's going on at work, everything, and everything (of course there r boundaries -- dont get it wrong).

Now tell me how amazing your fathers are? I know this is rare, but im sure NOT ALL FATHERS ARE AS BAD AS PEOPLE MAKE IT TO BE!!! FATHERS COULD BE AWESOME IF YOU GIVE THEM A CHANCE TO BE.

Most kids don't even want to talk to their dads, because of what the society has put "fathers" to be. "mothers" are like, some kind of Gold, Fathers are more costlier than gold when u have a good one. To have a good one, you have to start the relationship. your father won't just pop up talking to you, u have to show interest that you also want him to be your friend. Let it not be mama, mama, mama.

Ladies, it wouldnt harm you to tell your dad that u need to buy pads. NOOO its not akward, stay a home and watch a movie with him (rent a father daughter movie). Tell him u want to iron his cloths. Tell him about that boy that's bugging you. Make it seem like the boy is bugging you even when you like the boy. Talk to him, just slot it in a lil bit. You spend a whole motherfreaking day on ur computer, Hunnie, wat would it take u to get on Microsoft word, to make some fxcking cute pictures about " I LOVE YOU DADDY"? Or slot it under his desk, or cook a meal u know he loves (Ur mom can do that, but wat if u say u wanna do it?).

Now u r thinking, this girl is nuts, No she isnt!, She's telling u how to improve ur father-daughter relationship.

Guys, what about playing ping-pong with that old man? U shave his hair? I mean what will it take u to wash his car? These are motherfreaking ways to develop sweet relationships with your fathers. NOt just sitting arround saying "That stupid old man", Nigga he won't be stupid if u talk to him. He's HUMAN LIKE YOU, Walk the fxxcking up to him and talk to him. Tell him the things u like him doing, seriously if you show respect by talking to him, He'll listen. Even if he scoffs at you after talking, Haaa, iwo laye ee, he's in his room THINKING! cheesy

Mothers this, mothers that, GIve me a MOTHERfreaking break.

Wait a minute, im good with my mama, so don't preach to me -- my mama's good, im just BETTER best with my dad. And i think it'd be awesome if children start giving their fathers a try. It's not too late to talk to him, let him know u want him to be your friend! NOW DO IT!, He has a lot to offer, trust me!!! smiley smiley
Re: Always 'I Love My Mummy'. What About 'I Love My Daddy'? by hotangel2(f): 7:02am On May 01, 2006
I had no idea it'd be this long, Forgive me!!

I just LOVE my daddy. And i would so much love to see people talking good about their fathers. Children building up relationships with their fathers. The fathers too -- if you're one on here, Talk to your kids, Don't raise your voice before u pass your message, just sitting on the couch, or eating dinner together, and sending that little message is enough.

Most children don't talk to their fathers cos of their "mothers". Just cos ur mother hates him, doesn't mean u should HATE HIM. How would u hate someone u never had real talks with?

Dont go talking to him when u know he's mad/angry. Find that moment when u can tell that he's relaxed.

P.S -- My whole I 'love' my daddy phrase is -- father-daughter love here!!! Don't get it twisted. Trust me, some people r already thinking "ehnnnnnnnnnn, ehnnnnn". Shaaaaat up! smiley
Re: Always 'I Love My Mummy'. What About 'I Love My Daddy'? by Grizzly(m): 8:27am On May 01, 2006
cool
Re: Always 'I Love My Mummy'. What About 'I Love My Daddy'? by bluenubian(f): 8:42am On May 01, 2006
@hotangel

girl, u need to write a book, u didnt think your post was that long but then u made it longer, I'm going to be your first customer when your book comes out.lol. git it girl!! wink

im a daddy's girl though
Re: Always 'I Love My Mummy'. What About 'I Love My Daddy'? by Grizzly(m): 9:02am On May 01, 2006
I'm a daddy's boy ma'self. cool My mum is one strict woman. angry
Re: Always 'I Love My Mummy'. What About 'I Love My Daddy'? by 2cantango(f): 11:54am On May 01, 2006
I have no Dad.
Re: Always 'I Love My Mummy'. What About 'I Love My Daddy'? by Grizzly(m): 11:59am On May 01, 2006
What u mean 2c? undecided
Re: Always 'I Love My Mummy'. What About 'I Love My Daddy'? by 2cantango(f): 12:04pm On May 01, 2006
I'm saying that after beating the crap out of my Mother cry my siblings and myself, he left us - I have tried several times to bring him back into my life but he doesn't want anything to do with me - so therefore in my mind I have no father cry He doesn't deserve the title cry
Re: Always 'I Love My Mummy'. What About 'I Love My Daddy'? by bluenubian(f): 12:05pm On May 01, 2006
im sorry 2cantango
Re: Always 'I Love My Mummy'. What About 'I Love My Daddy'? by 2cantango(f): 12:11pm On May 01, 2006
bluenubian:

im sorry 2cantango

Thanks hun
Re: Always 'I Love My Mummy'. What About 'I Love My Daddy'? by Grizzly(m): 12:14pm On May 01, 2006
I'm sorry bout that 2c.
Re: Always 'I Love My Mummy'. What About 'I Love My Daddy'? by hotangel2(f): 4:03pm On May 01, 2006
@ bluenubian, Thanks girl. Just saying my mind!

@ Grizzly, ohh daddy's boy. Hmm sweet!!

@ 2cantango, Im sorry abt your dad. It sad that some fathers could be annoying.
Re: Always 'I Love My Mummy'. What About 'I Love My Daddy'? by Grizzly(m): 4:13pm On May 01, 2006
Hi hottie. kiss Yeah right daddys boy. cool Some dads are outright pricks. i have a friend who mobilizes other pips to beat up his dad. thats when he's given his mum a black eye. one cause for this trend.? A.L.C, O.H.O.L.
Re: Always 'I Love My Mummy'. What About 'I Love My Daddy'? by hotangel2(f): 4:18pm On May 01, 2006
Ohh so bad so bad.
Re: Always 'I Love My Mummy'. What About 'I Love My Daddy'? by my2cents(m): 4:45pm On May 01, 2006
I think the "I love you mummy" phrase depends on where you are. In the US, where "single mother" seems like the phrase du jour, it is not uncommon for kids to make reference to their mothers.

tis a pity, cos it comes across as though the single motherhood thing is justified and is no big deal.

oh well
Re: Always 'I Love My Mummy'. What About 'I Love My Daddy'? by Nobody: 7:29pm On May 03, 2006
Well i think cos the mUms are always there even when u dont xpect them to be. I LOVE MY MAMA cheesy grin cool kiss
Re: Always 'I Love My Mummy'. What About 'I Love My Daddy'? by bolex(m): 8:35pm On May 03, 2006
When I saw this topic on homepage , I knew you pasted it @ hot-angel

I tried to message on the messenger to avoid this kinda thing happening

But I mistakenly sent the message to luvable grin

Well , hot-angel , We understand your fury , I did not even read the whole thing cos I don;t wanna read

the memoirs of an angel

grin grin

OK o , lemme advise you hot_angel

Why not try to be the 'I love ma mummy' type

grin
Re: Always 'I Love My Mummy'. What About 'I Love My Daddy'? by freddie1(m): 9:36pm On May 03, 2006
i love my papa!!!
Re: Always 'I Love My Mummy'. What About 'I Love My Daddy'? by mukina2: 9:39pm On May 03, 2006
i love ma daddy soo soo much kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Always 'I Love My Mummy'. What About 'I Love My Daddy'? by Idekeson(m): 9:43pm On May 03, 2006
2cantango:

I'm saying that after beating the crap out of my Mother cry my siblings and myself, he left us - I have tried several times to bring him back into my life but he doesn't want anything to do with me - so therefore in my mind I have no father cry He doesn't deserve the title cry

This is the sad truth why we hear more about mum-affection  than dad. But real dads like mine that never abandon their family irrespective of marriage conditions still "rocks".
Re: Always 'I Love My Mummy'. What About 'I Love My Daddy'? by Nobody: 10:03pm On May 03, 2006
undecided i don't even know. i think i like being on my own. i am not close to either of my parents and for the past one yr i can count the number of minutes we've spoken to each other on one hand.

Don't get me wrong, i grew up in a model christian home but my dad was extremely harsh to us growing up, we did not develop any form of father son relationship so i guess everyone just goes their own way. My mom? neither here nor there. she chose to protect her marriage and stick to my dad than us. it was glaring she wanted to remain in my dad's good books so there was a limit on our interaction. my dad sensed that we were not speaking with him only my mom and he took steps to ensure no one developed a bond that left him out, so in the end everyone to himself.
I try to stay positive but i get the sickening feeling that by the time i get married and have my own family, my parents would just be faint memories.
When i visit some friends and watch the way they relate to their own parents, i feel so sad and envious of them. So many of my friends envy me cos my brothers and i were always top of our classes from pri to uni. But deep down i would not have minded being an average student if it meant i could have a better relationship with my parents. i felt we read mainly because it was a way to escape the constant tension and put downs at home. can u imagine not wanting to go home? i lived with that feeling for yrs.

There's bad memories of name calling, public humiliations, and put downs i wonder why i still don't hate him when i think of him.
i don't anyway, i believe everyone has his/her own faults in life.

I was happiest outside the home!
One of my saddest moments was when my dad refused to give me money for school simply because i was attending music classes to learn the piano (he felt only fools and never-do-wells played the keyboard or was involved in music), i loved singing from childhood but i did not have any opportunity to put it to practice until college when i left home for the first time. Now i live on my own and i have a guitar i am now learning to play. He's going to be here in a week, i would soooo love to see his reaction. This time there would DEF be a reaction!

I learnt very early in life that "being a christian" is not equal to being an angel. It was so hard getting to like prayer times because all we eer seemed to read where passages that had something negative to say about children. Sometimes i wondered why i needed to be a christian if indeed my dad was the image of Christ!

So my dears, neither do i say mummy this or daddy that! Those i have fondest memories of are my last two uncles, they were sooo wonderful pple. I found it so easy to talk to them than my own parents and sometimes as a kid, i'd sit up in bed for hrs just to tell them everything that happened at school that mommy or daddy would not want to hear.

So i add my own to the list; I LOVE MY UNCLES!
Re: Always 'I Love My Mummy'. What About 'I Love My Daddy'? by hotangel2(f): 10:18pm On May 03, 2006
emmeno:

Well i think because the mUms are always there even when u don't xpect them to be. I LOVE MY MAMA cheesy grin cool kiss
Okay that's just wrong. My dad is always there when i don't espect him to be. I mean he's just always knowing when i need his help. Even without talking.

@bolex, it just don't happen like that. I like my mummy, but i LOVE my daddy. I mean my mama is aight, but my dada is awesome.

@mukina and freddie, we need more u in the world.

@ , awww, i feel your story darl, i do. I actually also Love my auntie more than my mummy. My auntie is the best mama any one can get. She was the mother-figure in my life. After my daddy, it's my auntie. That woman would put the whole worlds burden on herself. (it sometimes get her in trouble -- but she always gets out of the trouble because good people never suffer for no reason). I LOVE MY AUNTIE!
Re: Always 'I Love My Mummy'. What About 'I Love My Daddy'? by Grizzly(m): 10:41pm On May 03, 2006
kool. cool
Re: Always 'I Love My Mummy'. What About 'I Love My Daddy'? by Ndipe(m): 10:45pm On May 03, 2006
I was a daddy's boy as a kid

A mommy's boy when I became a grown up man.
Re: Always 'I Love My Mummy'. What About 'I Love My Daddy'? by shadex1(m): 12:34am On May 04, 2006
Mummy,Daddy.i dont know for them, let them be on their own jo abeg.i'd rather stay as i am, not close to any of them.I need freedom, there is no freedom wiv them.
people wey no send u why i go send them, abegi jo,
Though i like wat hot-angel said.if i actually had that father-son relationship, it would really be cool cos i kinna find out that people who are fathers pet get more love than mothers pet
Fathers are actually more loving than mothers.
Re: Always 'I Love My Mummy'. What About 'I Love My Daddy'? by LadyB(f): 4:00am On May 04, 2006
mmmmmmm-no love my daddy or mummy for me. living with them right now is like a living hell. i just want to get out-i have aenough.
Re: Always 'I Love My Mummy'. What About 'I Love My Daddy'? by shadex1(m): 4:38am On May 04, 2006
yea Gurl.we need to get the Hell out n have our freedom init
Re: Always 'I Love My Mummy'. What About 'I Love My Daddy'? by bolex(m): 11:16am On May 04, 2006
What matters is you are loved

There are people out there looking for someone to love and care for them

@ least you got Uncles , Aunts and ,,, blah blah ,, whoever

That is OK ?

Please, don;t let this thread go further because it is a very controversial one

Everyone here would be typing out of rage

I beg ya'll

grin

kiss to hot angel wink
Re: Always 'I Love My Mummy'. What About 'I Love My Daddy'? by papermoon(f): 11:58am On May 04, 2006
cry
Re: Always 'I Love My Mummy'. What About 'I Love My Daddy'? by jayvinnie(m): 12:05pm On May 04, 2006
Always 'I Love My Mummy'. What About 'I Love My Daddy'?
Re: Always 'I Love My Mummy'. What About 'I Love My Daddy'? by gbadex1(m): 3:16pm On May 04, 2006
i'm so happy i found this topic. i feel hot-angel on this. i mean like yeah, our mums are great and all but what about the dads. they are so left out in the cold. i remember when i was younger. everything my dad did, i would want to do. pops was a chartered accountant, so i declared there and then that i would also be a chartered accountant. i mean, it was i wanted to be his clone or something. when he passed away, it was really hard for me and the youngest who never really got to know him as much as i did. don't get me wrong, i lpove my moms. heck, when it comes to women, replacing moms would be very hard. undecided. but then i'll try.

well, i think the main thing here is that we should 't compare both of them. they are two people unique in their own ways of reaching out to us in love.
Re: Always 'I Love My Mummy'. What About 'I Love My Daddy'? by kimba(m): 3:30pm On May 04, 2006
@papermoon,
feeling you

@hot-angel
is it your dads B-day or something grin grin

Between my dad and my mom, i think i love them both, i cant really choose between either of them coz theyve both got things that make them individually special to me,

luv yah Dad
Luv yah Mom

(1) (2) (Reply)

***confirmed Home Made Preparation For Improving Seminal Fluid Quality!!!!!!! / Judgment Is Your Language / Madagascar Vanilla Beans, Vanilla Extract And Vanilla Bean Paste

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.