Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,272 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:13 AM

What Causes A Computer To Freeze - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / What Causes A Computer To Freeze (1187 Views)

You Can Now Send Free Bulk Sms Using Ur Name Or Mobile Number From Ur Phone Or Computer To Any Body / How Do I Add Computer To Existing Network / To Transfer Pictures From Computer To Digital Camera (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Causes A Computer To Freeze by blendz4real(m): 8:42am On May 01, 2006
Hi all,

I am here with a question, and I will like those who can help in one way or the other to please support there post with pictures of components or what ever may be related. The question now is "WHAT CAUSES A COMPUTER TO FREEZE" when you are working with it.

Please replies needed urgently.

Thank you!
Re: What Causes A Computer To Freeze by Hunter(m): 1:19pm On May 01, 2006
About a million things and then some,
Re: What Causes A Computer To Freeze by blendz4real(m): 8:12pm On May 01, 2006
Hunter,

I know they are about a million and some. Could you kindly tell me some of these
and steps to solvingthem?
Re: What Causes A Computer To Freeze by Cactus(m): 10:12pm On May 01, 2006
Humans cause computers to freeze
Re: What Causes A Computer To Freeze by Cactus(m): 10:18pm On May 01, 2006
on a more serious note, virus, trojans, spyware and all those kinda goodies.

using slow process and trying to run huge applications.

incompactible software+hardwire or OSes

hardware malfunction, ranging from hard drives to USB devices

pretty much there are tons and tons of possibilities if you are experiencing freezing just describe the situation or what you were doing, give your system information, OS, processor etc and that will be more useful instead of needing a list
Re: What Causes A Computer To Freeze by olumig(m): 12:22pm On May 03, 2006
cause its cold or ve been in d snow for too long ;d
Re: What Causes A Computer To Freeze by mictony(m): 2:40am On May 11, 2006
Most time who you have low virtual memory, this can couse your system to freeze. And at times when your memory is gone though the system will till boot but the memory is longer in good state, it can also cause your system to free.
the fist thing is to check you memeory (RAM). More also, your OS can cause this. Alot of things to check when the bug comes up.
Re: What Causes A Computer To Freeze by Neoteny(m): 7:42pm On Jun 06, 2006
as cactus already pointed out, spyware adware and viral infections can slow ur system down. but most probably u multitask and ur virtual memory settings are too low. also, wrong memory addresses assigned to programs by the os can mess u up too. get ad-aware and do a complete scan of ur system to see if u hav wares (im guessin u hav antivirus already). if u are not infected then go to ur registry and check HKEY_LOCALMACHINE and all the subkeys for unfamiliar stuff. pls go to pcstats.com for tutorials on how to edit ur registry as this is a bit dangerous.

(1) (Reply)

How To Confirm Your Bandwidth From Your Isp. / I Have About 15 Gmail Invites / Configurin Lg Ks360 For Opera Mtn Browsin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.