Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,145 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

Official Politics Weekly Debate #1 - Debaters Wanted - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Official Politics Weekly Debate #1 - Debaters Wanted (3994 Views)

Buhari Cancels Weekly FEC Meetings / El-Rufai Set To Wed Zahra Buhari - Polity Weekly Magazine / Jimi Agbaje And Ambode At The Lagos State Governorship Debate (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

Re: Official Politics Weekly Debate #1 - Debaters Wanted by Afam4eva(m): 1:09pm On Jan 28, 2013
cogitoErgo: I dont agree at all that God created anybody to be gay. Look at us, male with his organ and female with her organ and those organs are for specific functions, if God wanted gays then t would have created, regularly, men and women without organs.
We can all agree that God did not create anybody to be gay and this is evident by the organ example that you have cited. But the government does not use religion to determine anything and everything has to boil down to morals.is it morally right or not? Morality is not a religious issue.
Re: Official Politics Weekly Debate #1 - Debaters Wanted by DeepSight(m): 1:12pm On Jan 28, 2013
Afam; Seun said it starts on Wednesday. Why cant we start right away. Its Monday afterall. . . .
Re: Official Politics Weekly Debate #1 - Debaters Wanted by Symphony007: 1:13pm On Jan 28, 2013
They should be left alone to live their lives. Nigerians and the government need to learn how to mind their buisness. I even don't see the readon for all this rancoor cause with the intolerant nigerian climate, no gay will even show themselves transgender publically so what's the noise for? If you belive being gay is a sin, stick to your belief and let the gay guy or lesbian girl settle themeselves with their creator. Just as people turn a blind eye to old alhaji's marrying tenage and even kid girls, people should learn to mind them buisness when concenting adults decide what sort of life they choose to live!!
Re: Official Politics Weekly Debate #1 - Debaters Wanted by Areaboy2(m): 1:15pm On Jan 28, 2013
cogitoErgo: I dont agree at all that God created anybody to be gay. Look at us, male with his organ and female with her organ and those organs are for specific functions, if God wanted gays then t would have created, regularly, men and women without organs.

There is really no point sticking to one side of the argument without actually going to search for answers and avoiding prejudice. While homosexuality might seem abnormal to the average observer, nature has in its own way made this attribute part of life. We see homosexual behavior in not only Humans but a number of other animals from Dolphins to bonobos( and yes, I did choose dolphin and bonobos cause the exhibit high levels of "consciousness" compared to other animals and also because they have intercourse just for fun like us). If you then tell me that homosexuality is not an inborn trait but a choice, then you might also explain why this behavior is present with the listed animals?

Nature is one very strange phenomena and no one claims to completely understand it. When someone is born and he/she has the hots for people of the same sex, you cant simply judge them by your standards. I can understand if it is banned in your Holy Book, but you cant use the teachings of your book on everyone else. Not everyone believes in it you know?
Re: Official Politics Weekly Debate #1 - Debaters Wanted by DeepSight(m): 1:15pm On Jan 28, 2013
Symphony007: They should be left alone to live their lives. Nigerians and the government need to learn how to mind their buisness. I even don't see the readon for all this rancoor cause with the intolerant nigerian climate, no gay will even show themselves transgender publically so what's the noise for? If you belive being gay is a sin, stick to your belief and let the gay guy or lesbian girl settle themeselves with their creator. Just as people turn a blind eye to old alhaji's marrying tenage and even kid girls, people should learn to mind them buisness when concenting adults decide what sort of life they choose to live!!

Yes, people should mind their own business; but NOT with regard to the issue of child marriage. That one, everybody suppose put eye inside. Children need protection from such abuse.
Re: Official Politics Weekly Debate #1 - Debaters Wanted by jakedes(m): 1:16pm On Jan 28, 2013
@HAH...who told you that gay has been in exsistence on creation of man?..and who told you polygamy is nw a crime..please mk ur words true..u can ask your father if possible if you don't know anything about the creation of man...
and @.lynpetra...over science dy worry you..everything to you is termed science...God never created anybody a Hermaphrodite...there more beyond to what you call science in this world...
Re: Official Politics Weekly Debate #1 - Debaters Wanted by DeepSight(m): 1:18pm On Jan 28, 2013
Area_boy:

There is really no point sticking to one side of the argument without actually going to search for answers and avoiding prejudice. While homosexuality might seem abnormal to the average observer, nature has in its own way made this attribute part of life. We see homosexual behavior in not only Humans but a number of other animals from Dolphins to bonobos( and yes, I did choose dolphin and bonobos cause the exhibit high levels of "consciousness" compared to other animals and also because they have intercourse just for fun like us). If you then tell me that homosexuality is not an inborn trait but a choice, then you might also explain why this behavior is present with the listed animals?

Nature is one very strange phenomena and no one claims to completely understand it. When someone is born and he/she has the hots for people of the same sex, you cant simply judge them by your standards. I can understand if it is banned in your Holy Book, but you cant use the teachings of your book on everyone else. Not everyone believes in it you know?

No one can "ban" homose.xuality. . .in the same way as no one can ban B.D/S.M practices. People will still do whatever they want in their bedrooms. Will you put cameras in every bedroom? Impossible. The issue rather the question of gay marriage: namely: legal recognition of such unions with the rights attached thereto.
Re: Official Politics Weekly Debate #1 - Debaters Wanted by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jan 28, 2013
In as much as i hate Debate,i think i love this topic.

The origin of Homosexuality(Gay and Lesbianism) could be traced as far back as before Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed.The practice of Homosexuality in our present day time became pronounced when men marry men and women marry women in both Europe and America.this has also led to the emergence of Gay right activism which constantly fight for the right of Homosexuals.
In Nigeria,Homosexuals or Homosexuality is seen as a Taboo or Abomination both in religion and traditional perspective.In religion, it is believed that a man and a woman are meant to be one flesh both in Christianity and Islam for the purpose of procreation.
Homosexuality in our society should be outrightly banned and homosexuals be made to face the wrath of the law.We cannot watch while our future generations learn Abominable acts which are contrary to moral upbringing....

brb to finish up my speech. cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Official Politics Weekly Debate #1 - Debaters Wanted by Areaboy2(m): 1:21pm On Jan 28, 2013
Deep Sight:

No one can "ban" homose.xuality. . .in the same way as no one can ban BDSM practices. People will still do whatever they want in their bedrooms. Will you put cameras in every bedroom? Impossible. The issue rather the question of gay marriage: namely: legal recognition of such unions with the rights attached thereto.

I completely agree with you when you say homosexuality cannot be "banned". However, I was responding to the post I quoted. It only makes me sick when someone can easily judge someone else due to their sexual orientation and nothing else.

I might also make a suggestion that religious grounds should be defined clearly (and probably avoided) in this debate.

If someone is quoting Sodom and Gomorrah as a reason that homosexuality is bad, we cant have a quality intellectual debate
Re: Official Politics Weekly Debate #1 - Debaters Wanted by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jan 28, 2013
Something just caught my attentio now.Lesbianism and gayism are encouraged even here in Nigeria by some Nigerians.

1.In prison,we have males sitting for years without sex.When an active human is deprived of sex,so many ways of jerking it off ones to mind...

2.Some big shots prefers to sleep with more than one girls at same time.WhyI tot it was suppose to be one man one woman affair??

3.Our same sex schools and boarding houses.Some parents eel they are protecting their ward from the opposite sex.unknowing to them they are doing more harm than good.

My point is some of this gays and lesbian are also made unconsciously by some institutions,Religious arrangements,and parenting....

1 Like

Re: Official Politics Weekly Debate #1 - Debaters Wanted by jakedes(m): 1:24pm On Jan 28, 2013
@area_boy...you just sound like your name...guy let me tell you...
Man was created to be above and control all other creatures..(better for understand..."a sensible animal")so if your group of animals exhibit traits of gay..that is because nature permits them...they have no sense...not man...
Re: Official Politics Weekly Debate #1 - Debaters Wanted by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jan 28, 2013
Symphony007: They should be left alone to live their lives. Nigerians and the government need to learn how to mind their buisness. I even don't see the readon for all this rancoor cause with the intolerant nigerian climate, no gay will even show themselves transgender publically so what's the noise for? If you belive being gay is a sin, stick to your belief and let the gay guy or lesbian girl settle themeselves with their creator. Just as people turn a blind eye to old alhaji's marrying tenage and even kid girls, people should learn to mind them buisness when concenting adults decide what sort of life they choose to live!!
who told you gays dont show themselves publicly? If you dont know how to identify a gay i will tell you. cry cry
Re: Official Politics Weekly Debate #1 - Debaters Wanted by DeepSight(m): 1:25pm On Jan 28, 2013
lynpetra: Something just caught my attentio now.Lesbianism and gayism are encouraged even here in Nigeria by some Nigerians.

1.In prison,we have males sitting for years without sex.When an active human is deprived of sex,so many ways of jerking it off ones to mind...

2.Some big shots prefers to sleep with more than one girls at same time.WhyI tot it was suppose to be one man one woman affair??

3.Our same sex schools and boarding houses.Some parents eel they are protecting their ward from the opposite sex.unknowing to them they are doing more harm than good.

My point is some of this gays and lesbian are also made unconsciously by some institutions,Religious arrangements,and parenting....

I went to an all boys school, Kings College, and it has its merits. There is a brotherly camaraderie and a manliness that it fosters. That does not necessarily encourage homo.se.xuality.

By the way, what is wrong with a man having more than one woman. I personally want just one wife, but if others are okay with multiple wives, that is up to them. As for me, I know that one woman is already enough wahala.
Re: Official Politics Weekly Debate #1 - Debaters Wanted by Areaboy2(m): 1:26pm On Jan 28, 2013
jakedes: @area_boy...you just sound like your name...guy let me tell you...
Man was created to be above and control all other creatures..(better for understand..."a sensible animal"winkso if your group of animals exhibit traits of gay..that is because nature permits them...they have no sense...not man...

My name has nothing to do with this. Neither is this topic about me. I can respond to you clearly in an intellectual debate when you drop all prejudice and observe the natural world around you. This post may be hidden anyway.
Re: Official Politics Weekly Debate #1 - Debaters Wanted by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jan 28, 2013
Area_boy:
There is really no point sticking to one side of the argument
without actually going to search for answers and avoiding
prejudice. While homosexuality might seem abnormal to the
average observer, nature has in its own way made this attribute
part of life. We see homosexual behavior in not only Humans
but a number of other animals from Dolphins to bonobos( and
yes, I did choose dolphin and bonobos cause the exhibit high
levels of "consciousness" compared to other animals and also
because they have intercourse just for fun like us). If you then
tell me that homosexuality is not an inborn trait but a choice,
then you might also explain why this behavior is present with
the listed animals?
Nature is one very strange phenomena and no one claims to
completely understand it. When someone is born and he/she
has the hots for people of the same sex, you cant simply judge
them by your standards. I can understand if it is banned in
your Holy Book, but you cant use the teachings of your book on
everyone else. Not everyone believes in it you know?
Re: Official Politics Weekly Debate #1 - Debaters Wanted by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jan 28, 2013
Deep Sight:

I went to an all boys school, Kings College, and it has its merits. There is a brotherly camaraderie and a manliness that it fosters. That does not necessarily encourage homo.se.xuality.

By the way, what is wrong with a man having more than one woman. I personally want just one wife, but if others are okay with multiple wives, that is up to them. As for me, I know that one woman is already enough wahala.

Now that's your choice despite Ur religious and cultural affiliations.Same for gays and lesbians
Re: Official Politics Weekly Debate #1 - Debaters Wanted by ducksoup: 1:31pm On Jan 28, 2013
Seun: Ladies and Gentlemen,

The topic we've chosen for the inaugural debate under the new weekly format is "How Should Our Government Treat Gay People?"

If you'd like to participate, just reply this thread, stating:
1) Your position on the issue of how our government should treat gay people.

The government should not treat gayism with kid gloves. They are the worst rapists. There are a million and one female out there looking for men to yansh them. Gay men have no excuse to yansh another man. Did I hear you gay say 'it's my choice and lifestyle? Any man caught somodimising with another man should be made to face the Mokossa music not Azonto (Azonto is simple to gyrate), not only facing the law squarely but risk getting his johnson chopped off as deterrent to unborn gay. What rubbish!!!!If your papa was gay, would you be here today fooling around...gay

1 Like

Re: Official Politics Weekly Debate #1 - Debaters Wanted by HAH: 1:31pm On Jan 28, 2013
Those who ague along religious line have no case at all cos all their reference is on some religious text which can be a fairytale.

This debate to me should be along moral grounds, now the question is ,is homosexuality right morally ? If yes then make your point if NO then make your point taking cognisance of the fact that you are stopping someone from expressing his personal feelings that has not affected anybody negatively.

3 Likes

Re: Official Politics Weekly Debate #1 - Debaters Wanted by DeepSight(m): 1:33pm On Jan 28, 2013
jakedes: @area_boy...you just sound like your name...guy let me tell you...
Man was created to be above and control all other creatures..(better for understand..."a sensible animal"winkso if your group of animals exhibit traits of gay..that is because nature permits them...they have no sense...not man...

I should add to your post.

In the first place, animals are not homo.se.xual in the sense that humans are. I have expanded on this in a previous thread. Here is what I wrote -

2. Animals are not homosexual in the proper definition of the word. Let's watch the cases of so-called animal homosexuality. Do such cases have any co-relation with human homosexuality? I contend that they are entirely dissimilar. This is the reason:

Animals do not make a distinction regarding the object of their intimate attention with reference to instinctive physical motions. For example when my dog is on heat, he will attempt to mount anything at all: including humans. He will push himself against a pole, against me, and against other dogs (male or female) in exercising the instinctive intimate motion. He does not see and develop a desire for a fellow male, he only makes instinctive intimate motions directed at anything. This is significantly different from humans who will see and have specific desires for persons of the same sex. No animal will engage in homosexual conduct if there is an available female on hand, against which it may throw its instinctive physical motions, but human homosexuality will actively disdain the female and specifically desire the male.

If you appreciate the foregoing, you will understand that animals are not in fact homosexual at all - in the proper sense of the word. Do they have a homosexual desire? Can you show me even one single animal that only sexually targets the same sex? You cannot, because animals are not homosexual in the definition of the word, and their so-called acts of homosexuality, comparatively speaking, are really just mindless acts of self-service on any available entity.

Therefore, on either or both planks - the point must emphatically be made that animal acts of homosexuality can never be a premise for human homosexuality because as i have shown above -

i. Animals are not homosexual within the context of homosexual desire and

ii. Even if they are, it is the case that some animals are, and not all. It is the exception, rather than the rule, and as such this could not possibly make a case for human homo-sexuality being anything but the same: the exception and not the rule.

Nevertheless; this still does not end the issue. Even if people succeed in the argument that animals are homose.xual, the bigger point will still remain: namely that humans are higher than animals and cannot locate their ethics within the realm of animal behavioral patterns. For heavens sake, it is standard practice among lions to kill all the offspring of a lioness they want, once they have killed her "husband". Oya, if you desire a married woman, go ahead and kill her husband, and also all her children na?

1 Like

Re: Official Politics Weekly Debate #1 - Debaters Wanted by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jan 28, 2013
Man was created to be above and control all other creatures..
(better for understand..."a sensible animal" so if your group of
animals exhibit traits of gay..that is because nature permits
them...they have no sense...not man...

You better start coming to terms with the fact that not all humans are sensible.Some animals example Dogs get sence pass some human beings oooooooo.We might be the higher animal but not the most sensible as a result of many facts and fiction.Some humans think before they act while some act before they think. ;DMan was created to be above and control all other creatures..
(better for understand..."a sensible animal" so if your group of
animals exhibit traits of gay..that is because nature permits
them...they have no sense...not man...

You better start coming to terms with the fact that not all humans are sensible.Some animals example Dogs get sence pass some human beings oooooooo.We might be the higher animal but not the most sensible as a result of many facts and fiction.Some humans think before they act while some act before they think.
Re: Official Politics Weekly Debate #1 - Debaters Wanted by Areaboy2(m): 1:37pm On Jan 28, 2013
Deep Sight:

I should add to your post.

In the first place, animals are not homo.se.xual in the sense that humans are. I have expanded on this in a previous thread. Here is what I wrote -

Nevertheless; this still does not end the issue. Even if people succeed in the argument that animals are homose.xual, the bigger point will still remain: namely that humans are higher than animals and cannot locate their ethics within the realm of animal behavioral patterns. For heavens sake, it is standard practice among lions to kill all the offspring of a lioness they want, once they have killed her "husband". Oya, if you desire a married woman, go ahead and kill her husband, and also all her children na?

Indeed, whether animals can be homosexuals or not is a debate for another day.
However, when you break down the words I use, then we have this mix up. "Homosexual BEHAVIOR". Keep them together so we don't have that confusion.

Secondly, this argument only comes up when someone argues that homosexuality is abnormal and nature doesn't endorse it.
Re: Official Politics Weekly Debate #1 - Debaters Wanted by Seun(m): 1:39pm On Jan 28, 2013
We're not meant to actually debate the topic on this thread.
Re: Official Politics Weekly Debate #1 - Debaters Wanted by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jan 28, 2013
Afam4eva:
We can all agree that God did not create anybody to be gay and this is evident by the organ example that you have cited. But the government does not use religion to determine anything and everything has to boil down to morals.is it morally right or not? Morality is not a religious issue.
of course it is immoral, remember morality is a fuction of the society and I dont kno of any society that traditionally codones homosexuals.
talking of homonal imbalance, that is abnormality that could be corrected and please I have plenty of women around me with some hair on their chins, none of them have decided not to marry or marry a woman!
Re: Official Politics Weekly Debate #1 - Debaters Wanted by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jan 28, 2013
ducksoup:

The government should not treat gayism with kid gloves. They are the worst rapists. There are a million and one female out there looking for men to yansh them. Gay men have no excuse to yansh another man. Did I hear you gay say 'it's my choice and lifestyle? Any man caught somodimising with another man should be made to face the Mokossa music not Azonto (Azonto is simple to gyrate), not only facing the law squarely but risk getting his johnson chopped off as deterrent to unborn gay. What rubbish!!!!If your papa was gay, would you be here today fooling around...gay
+100 likes.
Just like the other day,my younger brother told me how a friend of his was asking him to be his lover.my brother initially didnt know the guy's intentions.he was always taking him out for clubbing until the burble bursted.The asswipe told my brother "i want us to be intimate" and my brother angrily replied "bros eh,this my anus na to use am shiit o!" grin grin angry angry.The most annoying thing is that the dude is happily married! what in hecks name do you need a man's anus for?
Re: Official Politics Weekly Debate #1 - Debaters Wanted by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jan 28, 2013
cogitoErgo:
of course it is immoral, remember morality is a fuction of the society and I dont kno of any society that traditionally codones homosexuals.
talking of homonal imbalance, that is abnormality that could be corrected and please I have plenty of women around me with some hair on their chins, none of them have decided not to marry or marry a woman!

A woman having hairs all over her face and body doesn't have anything to do with her sexual orientation
Re: Official Politics Weekly Debate #1 - Debaters Wanted by DeepSight(m): 1:45pm On Jan 28, 2013
berem: +100 likes.
Just like the other day,my younger brother told me how a friend of his was asking him to be his lover.my brother initially didnt know the guy's intentions.he was always taking him out for clubbing until the burble bursted.The asswipe told my brother "i want us to be intimate" and my brother angrily replied "bros eh,this my anus na to use am shiit o!" grin grin angry angry.The most annoying thing is that the dude is happily married! what in hecks name do you need a man's anus for?

I tire o. When hot, wet, sweet, twisting punany dey!
Re: Official Politics Weekly Debate #1 - Debaters Wanted by DeepSight(m): 1:45pm On Jan 28, 2013
lynpetra:

A woman having hairs all over her face and body doesn't have anything to do with her sexual orientation

Of course it does. Testosterone is a key driver of hair growth.
Re: Official Politics Weekly Debate #1 - Debaters Wanted by DeepSight(m): 1:47pm On Jan 28, 2013
Seun: We're not meant to actually debate the topic on this thread.

We are impatient.

Some do alcohol, some do women.

I do discussions.

2 Likes

Re: Official Politics Weekly Debate #1 - Debaters Wanted by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jan 28, 2013
berem: +100 likes.
that is what im talking about. some of us watch blue films at early age and our picture of se.x is conditiond by those thngs we saw, even when we finally got married we just want our wifes to sexually behave like those women in the films, we have been psychologically ruined! these homosexuals have psychological problems.
Re: Official Politics Weekly Debate #1 - Debaters Wanted by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jan 28, 2013
grin
Deep Sight:

Of course it does. Testosterone is a key driver of hair growth.

You are not entirely correct Sir.My mom has hairs all over her body and I took after her,I have hairs more than where it us suppose to stay for a woman yet am a fuckiinnng manizer!
Re: Official Politics Weekly Debate #1 - Debaters Wanted by jakedes(m): 1:52pm On Jan 28, 2013
@lynpetra...no animal by creation thinks higher or keeps memory more than man...not even the elephant that never forgets...so for people who think before they act...i should say that is their brain limit..remember "ALL FINGERS ARE NOT EQUAL BUT ALL FINGERS POINT STRIAGHT"
Re: Official Politics Weekly Debate #1 - Debaters Wanted by DeepSight(m): 1:52pm On Jan 28, 2013
cogitoErgo:
that is what im talking about. some of us watch blue films at early age and our picture of se.x is conditiond by those thngs we saw, even when we finally got married we just want our wifes to sexually behave like those women in the films, we have been psychologically ruined! these homosexuals have psychological problems.

There is nothing wrong with my wife behaving like a p.orn star so long as its only with me.

A cook in the kitchen, an intelligent and delightful hostess with my guests (and hers); a companion and helper through life, and a w.hore in my bed. That is the definition of a perfect wife.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3)

Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million / Video Of Nigerian Army "Tactically Manoeuvring" Away From Boko Haram. / Top 5 Trade Unions In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.