Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,453 members, 7,812,394 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:40 PM

True Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / True Religion (1324 Views)

i am leaving the church now.Christianity Is Not A True Religion! / Ifa Orisa Religion - Is This Our True Identity: Our True Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

True Religion by redsun(m): 7:19am On Mar 06, 2008
A true religion is open to critisisms and attacks,it encompasses and conqueres all.That is the point of religion,solving problems and overcoming the mystries of what we call life.Not crude and manipulative useless dogmas.
Sean,it is long time coming,i bet the jihadist are at your back.Dickheads.
Re: True Religion by olabowale(m): 5:02am On Mar 09, 2008
@the poster:
Religion of Wednesday, 5 March 2008

Moses was high on drugs: Israeli researcher

NEW. Watch live television from Ghana, the latest Ghanaian movies and OBE TV.
High on Mount Sinai, Moses was on psychedelic drugs when he heard God deliver the Ten Commandments, an Israeli researcher claimed in a study published this week. Such mind-altering substances formed an integral part of the religious rites of Israelites in biblical times, Benny Shanon, a professor of cognitive psychology at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem wrote in the Time and Mind journal of philosophy.

"As for Moses on Mount Sinai is concerned, it was either a supernatural cosmic event, which I don't believe, or a legend, which I don't believe either, or finally, and this is very probable, an event that joined Moses and the people of Israel under the effect of narcotics," Shanon told Israeli public radio on Tuesday.

Moses was probably also on drugs when he saw the "burning bush," suggested Shanon, who said he himself has dabbled with such substances.

"The Bible says people see sounds, and that is a clasic phenomenon," he said citing the example of religious ceremonies in the Amazon in which drugs are used that induce people to "see music."

He mentioned his own experience when he used ayahuasca, a powerful psychotropic plant, during a religious ceremony in Brazil's Amazon forest in 1991. "I experienced visions that had spiritual-religious connotations," Shanon said.

He said the psychedelic effects of ayahuasca were comparable to those produced by concoctions based on bark of the acacia tree, that is frequently mentioned in the Bible.
If one were to critic a religion or its icon, eg the way this stupid professor from Israel, belittled the man who had singly did the greatest thing in the lives of the Children of Israel, at least he extracated them from Egyptian bondage and received the 10 commandments from God and led them as they set on the path of the journey that got them to the "Promised land." Is this the way to pay this noble prophet by such a demeaning characterisation, as to suggest the influence of drug usage!

I am disappointed in the muteness of the leadership of Is''lam on this matter. This is a matter in which it should be vocal, if there is any. Also, this is an endictment on all of us who claim religiousity: to at least not be angry at this uneducated fool of a professor is terrible at the least of reaction to his unfounded statement, which lacks sincere scholarship. I hope that we can now say that this type of opinion simply points out to all that claiming belief from the lips, alone is not a genuine belief, unless the heart and soul do proclaim it in the truest sense of it!

(1) (Reply)

Was Jesus Circumcised? / When Can A Divorcee Remarry? / What Happened To The Gospels That Weren't Included In The Bible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.