Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,998 members, 7,817,948 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

How Do I Control My Thoughts? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do I Control My Thoughts? (783 Views)

I Control Over N200 Bn But Can’t Build A House, CBN Director Laments / My Thoughts And Questions About Religion / Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Control My Thoughts? by inspiredbyGOD(m): 6:12pm On Jan 28, 2013
Last year, I was convicted by the Holy Spirit and I became born again. The experience after that was amazing and uplifting, it was like I was on another plane of existence entirely. My life changed completely for the better. i used to be a po.rn addict and I mastu.rbated indiscriminately but it all stopped immediately I gave my life to Christ. By the grace of God, I have been able to stay away from those activities and totally put an end to them. But, recently, I have been plagued by thoughts that I don't want to have. A lady came to see me just a few days after my repentance and those thoughts of what I used to do with her (never slept with her though or anybody for that matter) came rushing into my mind and for a split second, I thought of........ never mind, I replaced the thought immediately but it didn't stop me from feeling guilty and since then it has been one guilty feeling to another. I've become too sensitive to s.ex related issues. I don't want to think about it cos I end up feeling guilty all the time. I pray for God's forgiveness all the time and I'm beginning to feel like an hypocrite because of the thoughts coming into my head. A few days ago, I had a dream; in the dream, I damned God and His punishment, downloaded p.orn on my phone and mastu.rbated. When I woke up, I realised it was a dream but I had released se.men from my body. I couldn't sleep peacefully that night. I prayed for forgiveness but I still felt guilty for having such dream. I know God has forgiven me already and I want to continually please Him so I want to know how I can order my thoughts to become obedient to the will of Christ.
Re: How Do I Control My Thoughts? by delkuf(m): 6:23pm On Jan 28, 2013
Thank God that u are now a born again christain. For u to control ur thought, u must seek those things from heaven. U must set ur affections on things from heaven. Read colossians 3: to end. Christ in u already.
Re: How Do I Control My Thoughts? by mikeeze(m): 6:54pm On Jan 28, 2013
I'm happy for your salvation.let me hit the nail on the head. All you need to do right now is to full your mind with the word of GOD. David had a similar problem that your having and he got the secret to get out of it. In psalm 119:9-11(i guess you should read it) it says
"Thy word have i hidden in my heart that i might not sin against you".
In romans12:2 it says "do not be conformed to the things of this world but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind"......you can only renew your mind by reading the word of God.
So my dear brother read the word of God whenever you can and as much as you can under the unction of the Holy Spirit. When such thoughts come again rebuke it and switch the channel and you would see the ease at which it disappears.
Cheers
Re: How Do I Control My Thoughts? by k2039: 7:24pm On Jan 28, 2013
inspiredbyGOD:.:
I replaced the thought immediately
I agree with mikeeze.
How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word.
I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands.
I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.Psalm 119:9-11(NIV).

It's natural for those thoughts to come, you just need to keep diverting the thoughts away when they come, you mind is still being regenerated, Romans12:2.
Keep studying the word of God, pray, and listen to soul uplifting songs.

but it didn't stop me from feeling guilty and since then it has been one guilty feeling to another. I've become too sensitive to s.ex related issues. I don't want to think about it cos I end up feeling guilty all the time. I pray for God's forgiveness all the time and I'm beginning to feel like an hypocrite because of the thoughts coming into my head.
You don't have to feel guilty, I will advise you lay your hands on some of Joseph Prince's messages, I'm sure they will help. You can download them online.

A few days ago, I had a dream; in the dream, I damned God and His punishment, downloaded p.orn on my phone and mastu.rbated. When I woke up, I realised it was a dream but I had released se.men from my body. I couldn't sleep peacefully that night.
This wasn't your fault,most guys have funny dreams when they have their wet dreams.
Re: How Do I Control My Thoughts? by saintvc(m): 7:26pm On Jan 28, 2013
say thought, get behind me
Re: How Do I Control My Thoughts? by inspiredbyGOD(m): 8:29pm On Jan 28, 2013
saintvc: say thought, get behind me
Thanks for taking your time to reply.
k2039:
I agree with mikeeze.
How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word.
I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands.
I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.Psalm 119:9-11(NIV).

It's natural for those thoughts to come, you just need to keep diverting the thoughts away when they come, you mind is still being regenerated, Romans12:2.
Keep studying the word of God, pray, and listen to soul uplifting songs.

You don't have to feel guilty, I will advise you lay your hands on some of Joseph Prince's messages, I'm sure they will help. You can download them online.

This wasn't your fault,most guys have funny dreams when they have their wet dreams.
Thanks, I'll do just that. (don't think I have enough data for the Joseph Prince's message though)
mikeeze: I'm happy for your salvation.let me hit the nail on the head. All you need to do right now is to fill your mind with the word of GOD. David had a similar problem that your having and he got the secret to get out of it. In psalm 119:9-11(i guess you should read it) it says
"Thy word have i hidden in my heart that i might not sin against you".
In romans12:2 it says "do not be conformed to the things of this world but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind"......you can only renew your mind by reading the word of God.
So my dear brother read the word of God whenever you can and as much as you can under the unction of the Holy Spirit. When such thoughts come again rebuke it and switch the channel and you would see the ease at which it disappears.
Cheers
Thanks for the words of wisdom. I've already started working on it.
delkuf: Thank God that u are now a born again christain. For u to control ur thought, u must seek those things from heaven. U must set ur affections on things from heaven. Read colossians 3: to end. Christ in u already.
I pray that I never stray away from this path and that my faith will be strengthened as I study the word. Thanks @all for the inspirational words. May the peace of the Lord be with you all.
Re: How Do I Control My Thoughts? by chikeorji123(m): 9:10pm On Jan 28, 2013
Congratulation! bros, engage ur self in things of God like watching gospel msg,weekly activities at church,form a habit to pray midnite prayer it's magic will help to destroy any evil dream that mistakenly come near u,Read ur Bible very important..and mind the kind of people you suround ur self with(very important!).
Re: How Do I Control My Thoughts? by ooman(m): 9:11pm On Jan 28, 2013
you just lost your path and became gullible

(1) (Reply)

Best Church To Attend As A Youth And Single In Benin-city / Rccg Open Heavens Devotion Tuesday 25th June, 2013 Divine Partnership By Pastor / I Seek A Religious And Productive Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.