Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,898 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Akwa Ibom Airport Records 500,000 Passengers In 2 Years - Official - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom Airport Records 500,000 Passengers In 2 Years - Official (7290 Views)

Terrorists Incur Heavy Casualty In 2 Days Of Nigerian Military Operations - Pics / Akwa Ibom Airport International Terminal To Gulp N18.05b / Stranded Passengers In Abia Sell Belongings To Raise Fares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akwa Ibom Airport Records 500,000 Passengers In 2 Years - Official by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jan 28, 2013
The Akwa Ibom State Special Adviser on Technical Matters, Engr.Etido Inyang, has revealed that the Ibom International Airport recorded over 500,000 passengers.

Inyang who gave the hint yesterday in Uyo while fielding questions from Journalists at the Correspondents Weekly Arena stated that the state will continue to run the International Airport until the Federal Government is ready to take it over.

He said that the State Government would not be deterred from raising the standard of the airport especially in the area of safety.

"Although we are using all the agencies of the Federal Government to run the airport, we will keep managing the airport like that until the Federal Government comes to take over the airport", he stated.

He maintained that the present situation does not affect the development of the airport. The Special Adviser also disclosed that President Goodluck Jonathan has indicated interest to work with the state towards the completion of the Maintenance, Repairs and Overhauling, MRO, facilities in the airport.

Inyang, who has been the secretary of the airport implementation committee, averred that his team went to work to ensure that the airport operates in line with the vision of Governor Godswill Akpabio.

Furthermore, he said, with approval of the construction of an International Terminal Building by the Governor, the facility would live up to its standard as the best airport in the country.

On road construction, Inyang hinted that most of the federal roads in the state would have been reconstructed and completed by now, but work was halted after the Federal Ministry of Works petitioned against state governments for building federal roads.

source: http://allafrica.com/stories/201301080322.html
Re: Akwa Ibom Airport Records 500,000 Passengers In 2 Years - Official by Itoroetti(m): 8:33pm On Jan 28, 2013
Thank God for the development of only uyo and ikot ekpene.other local government are dormant

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Airport Records 500,000 Passengers In 2 Years - Official by ITbomb(m): 10:22pm On Jan 28, 2013
Itoroetti :
Thank God for the development of only uyo and ikot ekpene.other local government are dormant
YOU NEVER ENTER ABA OR ABIA STATE

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Airport Records 500,000 Passengers In 2 Years - Official by Nobody: 1:44am On Jan 29, 2013
ITbomb:
YOU NEVER ENTER ABA OR ABIA STATE

I heard that T.A. Orji is comparable to Nelson Mandela grin grin.

Anyway, it's good to know that the Akwa Ibom airport is growing in leaps and bounds. I can't wait to see how the new international/permanent terminal will look like upon completion.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Airport Records 500,000 Passengers In 2 Years - Official by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:55am On Jan 29, 2013
CFCfan:

I heard that T.A. Orji is comparable to Nelson Mandela grin grin.

Anyway, it's good to know that the Akwa Ibom airport is growing in leaps and bounds. I can't wait to see how the new international/permanent terminal will look like upon completion.

^^^On the bolded: though built at a cheaper cost, it will be better looking and more functional than the Asaba airport; i can tell you that much with certainty.
Re: Akwa Ibom Airport Records 500,000 Passengers In 2 Years - Official by Nobody: 1:59am On Jan 29, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^On the bolded: though built at a cheaper cost, it will be better looking and more functional than the Asaba airport; i can tell you that much with certainty.

Yeah, I've seen the render and it looks amazing. The exterior is proposed to be made of thick glass.
The terminal will cost 18.05bn Naira.
Re: Akwa Ibom Airport Records 500,000 Passengers In 2 Years - Official by ITbomb(m): 2:37am On Jan 29, 2013
CFCfan:

Yeah, I've seen the render and it looks amazing. The exterior is proposed to be made of thick glass.
The terminal will cost 18.05bn Naira.
Did you say Naira, when Bauchi is quoting in United States Dollars
Re: Akwa Ibom Airport Records 500,000 Passengers In 2 Years - Official by mojounited(m): 3:51am On Jan 29, 2013
Does anyone have pictures of work progress on the new Ibom airport terminal?
Re: Akwa Ibom Airport Records 500,000 Passengers In 2 Years - Official by Nobody: 5:10am On Jan 29, 2013
ITbomb:
Did you say Naira, when Bauchi is quoting in United States Dollars

Bauchi's airport will cost approximately $40million, while that of Akwa Ibom's terminal will be $119million!
Re: Akwa Ibom Airport Records 500,000 Passengers In 2 Years - Official by Nobody: 5:15am On Jan 29, 2013
mojounited: Does anyone have pictures of work progress on the new Ibom airport terminal?

Here is the website of the company handling the project:
http://www.alcon-nig.com/index.php/under-execution/akia
Re: Akwa Ibom Airport Records 500,000 Passengers In 2 Years - Official by Nobody: 5:22am On Jan 29, 2013
Below is a render for the new international terminal:

Re: Akwa Ibom Airport Records 500,000 Passengers In 2 Years - Official by Nobody: 5:23am On Jan 29, 2013
This is the link for more pics of the renders:
http://europaconcorsi.com/projects/218477-International-Terminal-Building-Ibom-International-Airport-Uyo-Akwa-Ibom-State-NIGERIA/print

The terminal is designed to handle 1.5million passengers annually, with a capacity of processing 750 passengers per hour at peak periods. The terminal will also have 4 fingers which would accommodate up to 6 aircraft.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Airport Records 500,000 Passengers In 2 Years - Official by mojounited(m): 1:54pm On Jan 29, 2013
Thanks @CFC. I think work progress on the terminal is quite slow...and the quoted amount includes a second taxiway undecided
Re: Akwa Ibom Airport Records 500,000 Passengers In 2 Years - Official by Obiora4life: 4:48pm On Jan 29, 2013
Good for that but they need 10x of that.
Re: Akwa Ibom Airport Records 500,000 Passengers In 2 Years - Official by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jan 29, 2013
mojounited: Thanks @CFC. I think work progress on the terminal is quite slow...and the quoted amount includes a second taxiway undecided

Yeah, the construction seems to be slow; but the terminal and second taxiway are scheduled to be completed by the 1st quarter of next year.
Re: Akwa Ibom Airport Records 500,000 Passengers In 2 Years - Official by OmoTier1(m): 7:17pm On Jan 29, 2013
http://www.faannigeria.org/documents/statistics/2012-Annual%20Traffic%20Report_first%20half.xlsx

Does that link suggest Akwa-Ibom can garner 500,000 yearly? Lets do the maths,
Annual passenger by. Volume =500,000
Number of days in a year, =365days,

Daily passenger by volume = 500,000/365 = ~1369 passengers/day

Arik Air B737 full yield = 210 passengers (all NG series) -source www. Boeing.com

1369/210 = ~ 6.5flights daily !

My people, does Arik Air or Aero operate up to 4 flights daily into Akwa-Ibom Airport? Does that route even attract full load of 210 passengers?

So many Nigerians have become callous in that anybody can spew rubbish and they will believe! God help us all.

9 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Airport Records 500,000 Passengers In 2 Years - Official by Obiora4life: 7:27pm On Jan 29, 2013
Omo_Tier1: http://www.faannigeria.org/documents/statistics/2012-Annual%20Traffic%20Report_first%20half.xlsx

Does that link suggest Akwa-Ibom can garner 500,000 yearly? Lets do the maths,
Annual passenger by. Volume =500,000
Number of days in a year, =365days,

Daily passenger by volume = 500,000/365 = ~1369 passengers/day

Arik Air B737 full yield = 210 passengers (all NG series) -source www. Boeing.com

1369/210 = ~ 6.5flights daily !

My people, does Arik Air or Aero operate up to 4 flights daily into Akwa-Ibom Airport? Does that route even attract full load of 210 passengers?

So many Nigerians have become callous in that anybody can spew rubbish and they will believe! God help us all.

Perhaps it does...

Perhaps, they are not the only ones operating that route...

I believe your calculation represents what befalls Bauchi airport.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Airport Records 500,000 Passengers In 2 Years - Official by OmoTier1(m): 7:34pm On Jan 29, 2013
Obiora4life:

Perhaps it does...

Perhaps, they are not the only ones operating that route...

I believe your calculation represents what befalls Bauchi airport.
I have just showed you how to use ones brain rightly! How on earth do you expect other nation states to take people like you seriously when you cannot use your brain reason out a simple lie as this? Benin Airport by volume attracts more than 5flights daily yet does not record that number of passengers yearly Akwa-Ibom whose route is still being developed will attract 500,000? The statistics by FAAN though mainly of Federal Airport clearly tell you that Akwa-Ibom for now cannot attract 500,000 yearly

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Airport Records 500,000 Passengers In 2 Years - Official by Sibrah: 8:06pm On Jan 29, 2013
That's an average of Well over a thousand persenger a day. Good for Akwa Ibom.
Re: Akwa Ibom Airport Records 500,000 Passengers In 2 Years - Official by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jan 29, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
I have just showed you how to use ones brain rightly! How on earth do you expect other nation states to take people like you seriously when you cannot use your brain reason out a simple lie as this? Benin Airport by volume attracts more than 5flights daily yet does not record that number of passengers yearly Akwa-Ibom whose route is still being developed will attract 500,000? The statistics by FAAN though mainly of Federal Airport clearly tell you that Akwa-Ibom for now cannot attract 500,000 yearly

FAAN does not actually run the Ibom airport, the AKSG still does. So, I'll rather believe the stats from them (AKSG).
Re: Akwa Ibom Airport Records 500,000 Passengers In 2 Years - Official by Obiora4life: 8:21pm On Jan 29, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

Bros, you and I may not agree but I do not appreciate your attack on me. You and I have often disagreed in an amicable manner, but this is highly unacceptable. I respect you enough not to reply in that tone of voice, let's keep it like that... Gracias
Re: Akwa Ibom Airport Records 500,000 Passengers In 2 Years - Official by OmoTier1(m): 8:46pm On Jan 29, 2013
Obiora4life:

Bros, you and I may not agree but I do not appreciate your attack on me. You and I have often disagreed in an amicable manner, but this is highly unacceptable. I respect you enough not to reply in that tone of voice, let's keep it like that... Gracias
If you feel offended by my post, then I apologise. But my it is really concerning that we are carried away by sentiments and ignore the facts which the so called leaders screw up to justify the unjustifiable.
Re: Akwa Ibom Airport Records 500,000 Passengers In 2 Years - Official by OmoTier1(m): 8:49pm On Jan 29, 2013
CFCfan:

FAAN does not actually run the Ibom airport, the AKSG still does. So, I'll rather believe the stats from them (AKSG).
The simple sums I did was not authored by FAAN, in arithmetic of comparisons, similarity is a very good tool to weigh the closeness of a stated fact to reality. If anything, the law does not empower any state government to manage any airport in Nigeria and if numbers of passengers are to be vetted, then it is the Ministry responsible for aviation that vetting should come from and usually that is done by FAAN.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Airport Records 500,000 Passengers In 2 Years - Official by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jan 29, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
The simple sums I did was not authored by FAAN, in arithmetic of comparisons, similarity is a very good tool to weigh the closeness of a stated fact to reality. If anything, the law does not empower any state government to manage any airport in Nigeria and if numbers of passengers are to be vetted, then it is the Ministry responsible for aviation that vetting should come from and usually that is done by FAAN.

So it means that the Delta, Bauchi, Lagos and other state govts are flouting Nigerian law. If that is the case, I wonder why the FG hasn't taken any action to take-over those airports.
Re: Akwa Ibom Airport Records 500,000 Passengers In 2 Years - Official by dayokanu(m): 11:59pm On Jan 29, 2013
Hmmm Interesting
Re: Akwa Ibom Airport Records 500,000 Passengers In 2 Years - Official by uzeba(m): 12:00am On Jan 30, 2013
Re: Akwa Ibom Airport Records 500,000 Passengers In 2 Years - Official by bigfat01: 12:05am On Jan 30, 2013
WHAT OF murtala mohammed AIRPORT IN LAGOS ?
Re: Akwa Ibom Airport Records 500,000 Passengers In 2 Years - Official by tomakint: 12:05am On Jan 30, 2013
Truly, AKPABIO is working cool
Re: Akwa Ibom Airport Records 500,000 Passengers In 2 Years - Official by aribisala0(m): 12:05am On Jan 30, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
You cannot "reason out a lie " as you put it without facts based merely on speculation.
What is the point of conducting experiments or measuring anything if you can just "reason it out". Reality is often different from expectation!
Clearly you do not have data and the most accurate thing you can say is you "doubt it"
What statistics are you referring to here. All you are doing is making deductions based on how you expect reality to be. None of the evidence on this thread can lead to the conclusion that the claim is a lie unless you know something you are not sharing.

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Airport Records 500,000 Passengers In 2 Years - Official by aribisala0(m): 12:09am On Jan 30, 2013
"The law does not empower state governments to run airports". I really struggle with the semantics of this statement.What exactly does it mean?? Is it the same thing as "State governments are prohibited by law from running airports". Which law is this exactly ?? please tell us,surely laws are not secrets !!.
As things stand they ARE RUNNING THE AIRPORT so they must be breaking the law,no
Re: Akwa Ibom Airport Records 500,000 Passengers In 2 Years - Official by Nobody: 12:36am On Jan 30, 2013
And Bauchi records 12 passengers weekly yet want to build an international airport
Mukikikikikikikiki
Re: Akwa Ibom Airport Records 500,000 Passengers In 2 Years - Official by Nobody: 12:54am On Jan 30, 2013
Baby mama: And Bauchi records 12 passengers weekly yet want to build an international airport
Mukikikikikikikiki
lmao grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Silently, Dr Greg Ibe Answers The Call To Invest In SE / Why I Don't Support Biafra By An Anioma Man / President Buhari Assures On Credible Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.