Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,042 members, 7,845,392 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU (29501 Views)

#OutBreakInOAU: Disease Out Break In OAU Trending On Twitter / July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife / Saburi Graduates After 12 Years In OAU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by Ahmedie25(m): 3:17pm On Jan 31, 2013
nuorlah: Is Saburi a Muslim name?

#justasking

u are very naive,must u bring religion into any matter?

3 Likes

Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by damipluto: 3:34pm On Jan 31, 2013
Saburi is a legend on OAU campus & beyond...d reason y we stil pay d cheapest school fees in nigeria...luv u man

5 Likes

Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by emandman: 3:34pm On Jan 31, 2013
He might av made mo money dnt sum of his mates dt gradua8 teytey...so dnt pity him...d guy ft b on govt payroll..
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by mydex93(f): 3:41pm On Jan 31, 2013
I'm sooooo happy for u saburi...

1 Like

Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by yokiti: 3:44pm On Jan 31, 2013
Congrats to him; the testimonies of His student unionism exploits then in OAU as relayed by my siblings is wonderful. He survived Professors' Wale OMOLE, Rogers MAKANJUOLA, Michael FABORODE and now their new VC.

1 Like

Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by Pvictor10(m): 3:51pm On Jan 31, 2013
He studied Agric Engineering.
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by coogar: 3:51pm On Jan 31, 2013
yokiti: Congrats to him; the testimonies of His student unionism exploits then in OAU as relayed by my siblings is wonderful. He survived Professors' Wale OMOLE, Rogers MAKANJUOLA, Michael FABORODE and now their new VC.

wish gani fawehinmi is still alive - this saburi guy is the type of students gani likes working with! unrepentant radicals who put themselves in the firing line for the others.

i am sure OAU would have the cheapest fees of any federal university in nigeria, i am also sure OAU would have the lowest activities of cultism in all the higher institutions in nigeria and the credits should go to people like saburi. if the other students of nigerian higher institutions model their student unionism like OAU, they will not be oppressed/exploited!

i salute OAU students - they put the a in anti-oppression!

1 Like

Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by kaybest1: 3:53pm On Jan 31, 2013
That is student unionism for you, i remember comrade Adelakun of Ogun State University now (OOU) he spent 12 years to study Agric econs.
Student unionism is a selfless ambition if one want to really pursue it...

1 Like

Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by Pvictor10(m): 3:54pm On Jan 31, 2013
Mayb, he will be governor 4 his state.
e mandman: He might av made mo money dnt sum of his mates dt gradua8 teytey...so dnt pity him...d guy ft b on govt payroll..
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by dekanmi: 4:14pm On Jan 31, 2013
Akinola Saburi Aka Malcom X, i hail thee

1 Like

Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by Jarus(m): 4:26pm On Jan 31, 2013
kingingkinging: Congrats man. Ife! Great Ife. The school whose unionism brought the likes of Femi Falana, Abike Dabiri, etc out. I view this development with a nostalgia because there are some people whom he fought for that are counting their millions now, there are people that were in the struggle with him but are fotunate to escape the hammer of the authority eg Wale Eleto-Zenith Bank, Lanre Fatai-Access Bank, Olowu Maxwel-Abroad, etc However, like his political icon and hero, Malcom X, he has chosen to fight for the emancipation of his people.

Congrats man!!!

Wale Eleto was my classmate. He's is Zenith now.
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by neksummi(m): 4:34pm On Jan 31, 2013
I wish to congratulate the guy.
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jan 31, 2013
specialguest: 14 years = 2 degrees, 2 masters and a phD.
exactly my thought.infact i have noticed that students involved in student unionism totally loose focus and forget why they are in school,most times school politics comes first before their lectures,assignments and term papers,the unnecessary distractions and clash with school authorities is too much.there is nothing like quietly entering school,face your academics,fullfill the academic requirements for your course and mind your buisness so that you can graduate peacefully.this are what helped me when i was in school back then because it really beats me how some people place school politics above their future goals and aspirations.anyway they say when purpose is unknown,abuse is inevitable undecided sad

1 Like

Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by Jarus(m): 4:47pm On Jan 31, 2013
coogar:

wish gani fawehinmi is still alive - this saburi guy is the type of students gani likes working with! unrepentant radicals who put themselves in the firing line for the others.

i am sure OAU would have the cheapest fees of any federal university in nigeria, i am also sure OAU would have the lowest activities of cultism in all the higher institutions in nigeria and the credits should go to people like saburi. if the other students of nigerian higher institutions model their student unionism like OAU, they will not be oppressed/exploited!

i salute OAU students - they put the a in anti-oppression!

When I entered Ife in 2001 and I told old man that my school fee was 1,090 (plus accommodation), he warned me that if I came back to tell him I misquoted the fee, he won't give me another money o. He couldnt believe the amount. When I graduated 2006, I paid circa 17k (hostel plus school fees)
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by Jarus(m): 4:56pm On Jan 31, 2013
Demdem:

Chai, Obesere grin grin
That guy na nutcase.
Obesuya

That guy sabi speak like parrot cheesy
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jan 31, 2013
I met Saburi when I went to OAU to seek admission in d year 2006. Unfortunately I was not admitted then. I witnessed his Manifesto @ Africa Amphi thearter mehn dis guy is an eloquent speaker. My cousin's friend nicknamed ARO was part of his government then I wonder where d guy dey now
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by badassnigga(m): 5:16pm On Jan 31, 2013
he fought oppression.
he must b a fukin legend.
fukin legend of d seekers cry
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by slimfit1(m): 5:26pm On Jan 31, 2013
I don't know him but sound like a nice guy congratulations
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by tomakint: 5:31pm On Jan 31, 2013
Demdem:

Chai, Obesere grin grin
That guy na nutcase.
Those were the era champions were involved in student unionism not now undecided Obesere is one that gives you coded insult I will never forget his testimonies in 1999 at the Africa Amphitheater during the make-shift trials of past escapades of Prof Wale Omole and his gangs and events that led to the 'OAU 5 killings' it was a moment Obesere was at his best, Congress at Amphitheater those days were compulsory course you must not MISS! IFE was real fun back then cool

1 Like

Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by jamal230(m): 5:35pm On Jan 31, 2013
Na mumu Im b,he shld b dia fightin
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by wellmax(m): 5:38pm On Jan 31, 2013
jamal230: Na mumu Im b,he shld b dia fightin
If you have nothing sensible to say, why not view and walk away?

3 Likes

Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by Honadeadek(m): 5:45pm On Jan 31, 2013
I rememba Comrade Saburi then during the 2003 elections where He was fighting dodgedly against the reelection of Gov Oyinlola who claimed to have over forty thousand votes within the OAU campus when the generality of the student are at home. I rememba the Congresses lead by the one and only comrade Agbakoba for his release, I remember the CDHR struggles. I remember your speech during the manifestoes and it always shows the great leader U are.
Any time I remember Akinola Saburi, He always remember me of the great George Iwilade aka AFRICA(RIP).
Congratulation Saburi cos U re an epitome of who a comrade is not money rotten/backward Union leaders we have this day.
May God continually be with U saburi.
CDHR, MY RIGHT WILL ALWAYS BE MY RIGHT.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jan 31, 2013
carbonsyb: some people are just daft. Can't see any sense in wat uv jux typed.
how can u see any sense in what i just typed when u re stupid enough to tink that a wannabe martin luther graduating from a nigerian university after 14 yrs is a tin of pride. read the papers fool, boko haram dey bomb, jonathan dey Bleep up, ASUU dey go strike and one fool is wasting his fathers hard earned money. if u were his dad, would u have paid his fees? we have enough problems in this country already to tolerate one fool disruptin d already disrupted educational system.frankly i tink dis boy is lame and u are worse for applauding him, too many narrow minded tabularasa on nairaland.
i salute him, thank u saburi for spending 14 yrs in skool, tank u for reforming nigerian universities, tank u for provin d statement "aluta continua, victoria asserta" id consider votin for u in 2015. i hope his family feels the same way too.
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by Jerie(m): 6:15pm On Jan 31, 2013
Njokusboy,
After your 'minimum stay' in the university (assuming you even attanded one), what have you achieved with your life. How many people have you led? How many lives have you affected? Do even your immediate environment believe in you? For starters, type Akinola Saburi on Google and type yours. You see the results? Who kows you?

I guess some are born to be great and others born to serve the great.

BTW, If you don't have a GREATIFE education, you can't understand what I'm saying.

4 Likes

Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by Easyjay: 6:42pm On Jan 31, 2013
mrkels: There used to be a guy like this in uniben back in the days, wasn't a politician though, very brilliant but he never graduates from school, iwhen I entered school, he was in final year , to my greatest suprise when I was leaving they said he was just about entering final year . He moved from department to department, held tutorials here and there, and paced about like some1 who wasn't mentally stable. Only God knows where he is now.
....cyril
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jan 31, 2013
Jerie: Njokusboy,
After your 'minimum stay' in the university (assuming you even attanded one), what have you achieved with your life. How many people have you led? How many lives have you affected? Do even your immediate environment believe in you? For starters, type Akinola Saburi on Google and type yours. You see the results? Who kows you?

I guess some are born to be great and others born to serve the great.

BTW, If you don't have a GREATIFE education, you can't understand what I'm saying.
Can u define greatness Lolzz , ur opinion of greatness is pple lyk saburi, nd, u went to skool abi Do u know karl marx, wat about socrates, a man who says pple lyk saburi represent greatness cannot possibly know dis pple. Let us grow up nd start tinking of bigger tins... Now, u re applaudin saburi for his wasted years cos I don't know wat he has accomplished. RE U NOW GREAT OR BORN TO SERVE GREAT MEN LYK SABURI. Stop tinkin lyk a gangster. Let saburi come nd tell us wat to do about boko haram, let him suggest ways of creatin employment for our youths nd ways to remedy d budget deficit. Of course u don't know wat am talkin about. Those who hav attempted to do dis tins didnt spend 14 yrs in skool. Tink well man.

2 Likes

Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jan 31, 2013
Tunbolity: The news of his graduation spread like wildfire last Saturday following his post on his Facebook page which heralded the news.His Facebook page was awashed with encomiums and congratulatory messages.Akinola Saburi a.k.a Malcom X's joy knew no bound when he wrote his last paper on Saturday after spending over a decade(1999-2013).

Saburi was in 2003, the General Secretary of the Students Union before he was later elected as the president in 2006/07 session but his administration was locked in horns with the school management since day one based on the presumed believe that his election was rigged.During his reign as president,he fought every oppressive policy of the university management which landed him in detention at Ilesha prison for six months without trial.He he rarely compromise his stand on fundamental issues.

Even,after his return from prison,he still continued the struggle such that he was declared a persona non grata in Osun State by men of the State Security Service.He was later reinstated to continue his prog.

Also,his name flew about on the net through out that day.No doubt,Saburi his a hero and a model to young comrades like us.I join the numerous people who have congratulated him to honour this living legend.....Saburi! Saburi! Hai Hai Oh!...................Comrade Cordree
I remember his small posture when I was in OAU which was always making wondering if this "small" boy was the person troubling the school.
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jan 31, 2013
Tunbolity: The news of his graduation spread like wildfire last Saturday following his post on his Facebook page which heralded the news.His Facebook page was awashed with encomiums and congratulatory messages.Akinola Saburi a.k.a Malcom X's joy knew no bound when he wrote his last paper on Saturday after spending over a decade(1999-2013).

Saburi was in 2003, the General Secretary of the Students Union before he was later elected as the president in 2006/07 session but his administration was locked in horns with the school management since day one based on the presumed believe that his election was rigged.During his reign as president,he fought every oppressive policy of the university management which landed him in detention at Ilesha prison for six months without trial.He he rarely compromise his stand on fundamental issues.

Even,after his return from prison,he still continued the struggle such that he was declared a persona non grata in Osun State by men of the State Security Service.He was later reinstated to continue his prog.

Also,his name flew about on the net through out that day.No doubt,Saburi his a hero and a model to young comrades like us.I join the numerous people who have congratulated him to honour this living legend.....Saburi! Saburi! Hai Hai Oh!...................Comrade Cordree
I remember his small posture when I was in OAU which was always making wondering if this "small" boy was the person troubling the school.
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jan 31, 2013
Gboliwe: You say 14 years is barely? Na wao.
14 whole years for a 4 or 5 year course? The witches in his village are involved
What then would you say about Comrade Tony Fash who spent 21 years in the same school?
Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by yokiti: 6:59pm On Jan 31, 2013
Some people here are talking like our present day politicians that will ridicle anything denying them of making news headlines.
You cant say He hasnt achieved anything in those seasons of His trial. Is the guys under any obligation to tell you what He has achieved over the years?
Congrats once again Saburi!!!

1 Like

Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by mkoabiola: 7:05pm On Jan 31, 2013
Ds name rings bell even more dan d vc.

1 Like

Re: Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU by CyberG: 7:35pm On Jan 31, 2013
Some people will be here denigrating this guy but they do NOT realize that this guy sacrificed a lot to help keep OAU as one of the best universities in Nigeria, preserving an unrivalled culture of democracy, debate, standing for one's right firmly and telling truth to power! This is exactly what Nigeria and any society ought to be doing and he should be celebrated, NOT denigrated. As someone who graduated from OAU, I can attest that MOST students in that school are very bright, even if you finished with not such a great grade! It's only in OAU that you see the most vibrant student unionism and democracy in action; where students stay up all night to debate government policies, or any topic of their interest. Kudos to Saburi...I wish him well!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mention That Topic In Mathematics, That You Still Do Not Understand. / Nairalander Recreates High School Picture / Professor Matt Meyer In University Of Ilorin (UNILORIN) Delivering LECTURE (Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.