Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,959 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

The Fascinating Business Cards Of Famous People - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Fascinating Business Cards Of Famous People (19109 Views)

Win Cash And Recharge Cards Of Any Network... ! / 7 Horrifying Historical Origins Of Famous Corporate Logos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Fascinating Business Cards Of Famous People by ijebabe: 3:22pm On Jan 29, 2013
They don't need any introduction now but there was a time they used to.

The revealing business cards of successful artists, tycoons and politicians contain some remarkable insights into the personalities of their owners.

Donald Trump's showy card hints at flamboyance, Harry Houdini's unusual triangle gets immediate attention and Andy Warhol's demonstrates his understanding of the link between commerce and art.

Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg shows that when you're the boss you can put anything you want on your card, and no one can say no.

For more than a century before the arrival of 21st century tools LinkedIn and Facebook, business cards were a vital introduction and source of information.

In the infancy of business cards, lawyer Abraham Lincoln included a small essay explaining his credentials.

"Business cards provide a very pragmatic function", says corporate psychologist Travis Kemp.

"For an individual however, it can be a more personalised vehicle that enables a little more freedom to express uniqueness and to communicate a nuance or more intimate insight into who the owner is as a person, what they stand for or what they want the receiver to know about them."

http://www.flavorwire.com/364847/the-fascinating-business-cards-of-20-famous-people/1

3 Likes

Re: The Fascinating Business Cards Of Famous People by ijebabe: 3:24pm On Jan 29, 2013
Is that it Lady Gaga?
Lol, Castro had to write his number

Re: The Fascinating Business Cards Of Famous People by ijebabe: 3:26pm On Jan 29, 2013

Re: The Fascinating Business Cards Of Famous People by ijebabe: 3:27pm On Jan 29, 2013

Re: The Fascinating Business Cards Of Famous People by Mynd44: 3:50pm On Jan 29, 2013
Watch oooo. People will soon link Harry Houdini's card to Illuminati
Re: The Fascinating Business Cards Of Famous People by ijebabe: 3:59pm On Jan 29, 2013
Oh please don't start that Illuminati crap here
Re: The Fascinating Business Cards Of Famous People by dhardline(m): 4:06pm On Jan 29, 2013
How did you get this images bro and have you tried calling the numbers on the cards to see if they are real?just asking.
Re: The Fascinating Business Cards Of Famous People by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jan 29, 2013
Zuckerberg's card is the bomb.

6 Likes

Re: The Fascinating Business Cards Of Famous People by ijebabe: 4:23pm On Jan 29, 2013
dhardline: How did you get this images bro and have you tried calling the numbers on the cards to see if they are real?just asking.
No, you can google them if you want
Re: The Fascinating Business Cards Of Famous People by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jan 30, 2013
(*)
Re: The Fascinating Business Cards Of Famous People by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jan 30, 2013
Seen Mark Zukerberg's before and it's absolutely jaw dropping.
Great Compilation though, reminds me of the saying, despise not the days of you little beginnings.
Just gonna add mine to the collection. smiley
I remember an uncle asking for an address when I gave him. I'm sure he didn't expect me to add my home address.
***designed by me***

Re: The Fascinating Business Cards Of Famous People by bisi16(m): 7:05pm On Jan 30, 2013
Mynd_44: Watch oooo. People will soon link Harry Houdini's card to Illuminati
Lol.. No be small wahala. These days, 2finger peace sign is now an illuminati symbol.

Nice post Ije, as usual.. *winks*
Re: The Fascinating Business Cards Of Famous People by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jan 30, 2013
J12: Zuckerberg's card is the bomb.

True. But I doubt he still uses that.

1 Like

Re: The Fascinating Business Cards Of Famous People by Oahray: 8:37pm On Jan 30, 2013
shocked shocked
Re: The Fascinating Business Cards Of Famous People by OluEmmaAss: 8:37pm On Jan 30, 2013
You just provided great info for d boys at Oluwole
Re: The Fascinating Business Cards Of Famous People by xynerise: 8:40pm On Jan 30, 2013
What is fascinating about it? undecided
Re: The Fascinating Business Cards Of Famous People by Ignatio(m): 8:41pm On Jan 30, 2013
Just got inspired by Houdini's. Will make make mine like his and write on it I'm the Boss.
Re: The Fascinating Business Cards Of Famous People by yuzedo: 8:43pm On Jan 30, 2013
I'm CEO, B.itc.h! grin
Re: The Fascinating Business Cards Of Famous People by inspiredm(m): 8:45pm On Jan 30, 2013
Ignatio: Just got inspired by Houdini's. Will make make mine like his and write on it I'm the Boss.

This is another. cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: The Fascinating Business Cards Of Famous People by Afam4eva(m): 8:45pm On Jan 30, 2013
I don't believe that's Mark Zuckerberg's card. That might just be a dummy version of it.[b][/b]
Re: The Fascinating Business Cards Of Famous People by Afam4eva(m): 8:46pm On Jan 30, 2013
inspired_m: This is another. cheesy cheesy
Na you get BMW abi what's famous about you? grin grin grin
Re: The Fascinating Business Cards Of Famous People by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jan 30, 2013
Afam4eva: I don't believe that's Mark Zuckerberg's card. That might just be a dummy version of it.[b][/b]
Yes it is and why can't he make a card like that or why would someone make a dummy version of his card.
I have no doubt that he made that card himself. He's not immune from using the B word anyways.
Re: The Fascinating Business Cards Of Famous People by inspiredm(m): 8:50pm On Jan 30, 2013
Afam4eva:
Na you get BMW abi what's famous about you? grin grin grin

grin grin grin

Oga Afam, You no know ?
Re: The Fascinating Business Cards Of Famous People by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 30, 2013
inspired_m:

This is another. cheesy cheesy
The inspired logo is cool but the colour kind screams. Maybe you should upload a live pic instead.

I think there should be a thread for Nairalanders to show their complementary cards. grin
Re: The Fascinating Business Cards Of Famous People by bigfat01: 8:52pm On Jan 30, 2013
[size=25pt]I AM A CEO B I T C H [/size]but is that supposed to be the real business card of the oga of facebook tongue
Re: The Fascinating Business Cards Of Famous People by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jan 30, 2013
Ignatio: Just got inspired by Houdini's. Will make make mine like his and write on it I'm the Boss.
He was a great magician and can easily be termed one of the greatest that ever lived so you can't expect anything less.

Albert Eistein's kinda look too ordinary.
Re: The Fascinating Business Cards Of Famous People by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jan 30, 2013
bigfat01: [size=25pt]I AM A CEO B I T C H [/size]but is that supposed to be the real business card of the oga of facebook tongue
He probably got over excited after getting millions of dollars worth of funding from Angel investors.

What do you expect from a dude like that?

1 Like

Re: The Fascinating Business Cards Of Famous People by OmolodMilkman93(m): 8:59pm On Jan 30, 2013
wetin seun go write 4 his own?
Re: The Fascinating Business Cards Of Famous People by Afam4eva(m): 9:00pm On Jan 30, 2013
Brand_new:
Yes it is and why can't he make a card like that or why would someone make a dummy version of his card.
I have no doubt that he made that card himself. He's not immune from using the B word anyways.
Not on an official card. is he going to give the same card to Obama or the queen of england?
Re: The Fascinating Business Cards Of Famous People by redcliff: 9:01pm On Jan 30, 2013

1 Like

Re: The Fascinating Business Cards Of Famous People by azpekuliar: 9:01pm On Jan 30, 2013
Not so cool from Mark.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CBN Raises Interest Rate To 18.75% / Steps: How To Start A Borehole Drilling Business In Nigeria / Forte Oil To Sell Nigerian Assets, Exit Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.