Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,258 members, 7,818,883 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

Video: Real Story Of Nigeria - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Video: Real Story Of Nigeria (16990 Views)

Video: Real Mermaid Spotted On Tropical Island / Shocking Video: Real Mermaid Seen In Israel / Update On The Killing Of The Uniport Boys(the Real Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by Slyr0x: 4:13pm On Jan 29, 2013
Nigerians were once Universally Respected and even honored. What Changed? Find out in this video "A history of Nigeria". .

A must see for you, your children and your children's children

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16vubBIx-T0
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by BlackPeni5: 4:22pm On Jan 29, 2013
Let me secure this space before watching....
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by Scarpon(m): 4:22pm On Jan 29, 2013
I wish I had enough mb
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jan 29, 2013
Okk... I'll watch it!
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by ebamma(m): 4:25pm On Jan 29, 2013
i dont have to watch it to know it contents, its just the same old shITt just a different name
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by 360command: 4:25pm On Jan 29, 2013
Nigeria was beautiful back then the country was broke.
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by momodub: 4:26pm On Jan 29, 2013
ill watch it after my nigeria super eagle match hun tongue

1 Like

Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by Scarpon(m): 4:28pm On Jan 29, 2013
how can I download this video
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by bigv(m): 4:30pm On Jan 29, 2013
Yeah i heard about the video.
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by Slyr0x: 4:31pm On Jan 29, 2013
Scarpon: how can I download this video

You can rip the video off youtube with IDM - Internet Download Manager
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by born2boink(m): 4:41pm On Jan 29, 2013
I don't need to watch the old nigeria, today is our own nigeria, everyone has/ has their own time...

2 Likes

Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by Scarpon(m): 4:43pm On Jan 29, 2013
Slyr0x:

does it run on android? ?
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by seedord247(m): 4:43pm On Jan 29, 2013
Plz watch in btw 53-55 mins and see how ojukwu was looking... He was not laughin at all. His face clearly show that he's ready for war while yakubu his laughin in peace.

2 Likes

Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by Krucifax(m): 4:52pm On Jan 29, 2013
Slyr0x: A colleague sent me this link. .

Y'all need to watch/download it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16vubBIx-T0

A very interesting and revealing documentary. I saw it last year before it was taken off Youtube for some copyright breach undecided

It's informative in explaining the source of a lot Ethnic and Tribal disharmony in Nigeria. It can be summed up by saying Nigeria is a geographical location patched up by the British and comprising of very different people with not a lot in common i.e (Religion,Culture,Beliefs).

The British being very clever and foreseeing the potential lack of co-operation(i.e a*se kissing and subservience) of the Southerners,carved out large regions in the North that would give an automatic political advantage to the North who would be more "co-operative".

Anyone in doubt should go and look at the map of Nigeria then you would understand why the North always feels an entitlement to political domination on account of sheer advantage in numbers and region. This the British thought would always ensure political domination for many years.

Sir Ahmadu Bello ( a highly intelligent and learned man)and so-called founding father, gave an interview in this documentary. I think every non-northerner should watch it and memorise it for life. It gives an insight into the thinking of the Northerner towards other non-northerners.
He believes that jobs in the North should go to only Northerners(regardless of merit and qualification),in the event no non-northerner can be found,and ex-pat(from another country) would be given precedence before a non-northerner!!! shocked It's not just dislike for non-northerners it is sheer contempt and hatred.

If he a founding father felt this way then it goes a long way to explain the many atrocities commited in the North towards non-northerners!

Then there was Awolowo's betrayal of the Igbos by his decision to seize their monies in the banks and give each Igbo a paltry sum regardless of original wealth after the Biafra War. Awolowo's action essentially meant that many Igbos that were previously very wealthy were made paupers overnight!
Then there was Awolowos's betrayal of the Yorubas by his decision to enter into a pact with the North.

Then there was Ojukwu's ill-advised decision to go to all out War. He was a military man,and thought a military solution was the best answer,it wasn't!
There was ethnic cleaning in the North of Igbos by Hausas and many thousands were murdered on account of just being Igbo!! A democratic solution would have worked better,lives would have being saved and assets remained. The Biafra War amongst other causes was chiefly caused by the mass murder of Igbos in the North. The dead were already that...dead!! There were many ways of dealing with these crimes and War wasn't one of them!

All in all Nigeria's original blue-print should have been left as it was,i.e Independent but associated regions North,West,East,South etc!! The drive to closer amalgamation is the source of our problems today. How can you make one team when different players think they should be captain and operate as such?? How can you form a group that have nothing in common and you want them to go in one direction?? The damage is done,our elders made a big mistake in my opinion and our generation and children will have to deal with the mess undecided

11 Likes

Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by tttn726: 4:57pm On Jan 29, 2013
All the stories about old Nigeria bla bla is so, how can I put it..it,s so "without depth" (I promised myself to not be rude in ths write up)

Why?

We were a people, nations etc before the Europeans/Arabs invaded. We might have had our problems but everyone have had there issues. The question is, what was before then? How do we place in the context of the very very disheartening situation in which we find ourselves.

This is not just a Nigerian thing but an African thing. It's the same story all over.

Nigeria is fake...created on the whim of a people who came to exploit and take advantage. They had a vision of empire, enslave peoples, use resources, stamp there own "civilisation" on other people.

They decided to marry people together without recourse to whether they wanted to be together. Borders, peoples, languages weren't respected. Nigeria wasn't created for you and I. It was convenient for them back then. I give it to them that they were able to pick up on the times and simply replaced one for another.

All the Nigeria Nigeria thing (like reminiscing etc) is just baseless and without depth. Did my history start from 1960? NO. There's nothing I can do about the English, Scottish, Welsh and Irish, Portuguese been part of my history but what the hell is Nigeria, kenya. Look at my continent...my people

Medocrity is celebrated, no one wants to think! We;re seating dock for another round of exploitation.China is upon you and it still weirdly feels like it's like old days...France,Britain etc

I am not (and I am if it is necessary) preaching break up of Africa...Nigeria or anyother country for that matter. Just trying to be a catalyst to some thinking by ourselves.

We speak another people's language, we're subjugate in our minds. The so called leaders can't get anything right (we definitely have positive sprouts of work done but because we're so postrate....what a guy is supposed to do by virtue of work is celebrated like crazy etc)

The decisions we make should take history into consideration and the reality of today and some good foresight.

My Initial Thoughts?

Size matters. Everyone is rushing to be part of a union etc to have clout around the world. Countries are constantly looking to have an advantage, impose there will, be looked up at (and that even countries that have an history of other countries oppressing them i,e China)

I thought yesterday (only a thought and not totally processed) The "geographical expression" (or group) called Nigeria is well placed in terms of size (population etc)and could well serve as a lever for the "miserable history" (past,present,tomorrow)to be influenced etc.

SO, "Nigeria" becomes a standard bearer of good governance, a place where the diaspora can come to connect with there roots if they wish too etc

Oh well...just thinking...what do you guys think?

I know...after all these oyibo..me sef dey wait for match o!!!

5 Likes

Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by tttn726: 4:59pm On Jan 29, 2013
Krucifax:

A very interesting and revealing documentary. I saw it last year before it was taken off Youtube for some copyright breach undecided

It's informative in explaining the source of a lot Ethnic and Tribal disharmony in Nigeria. It can be summed up by saying Nigeria is a geographical location patched up by the British and comprising of very different people with not a lot in common i.e (Religion,Culture,Beliefs).

The British being very clever and foreseeing the potential lack of co-operation(i.e a*se kissing and subservience) of the Southerners,carved out large regions in the North that would give an automatic political advantage to the North who would be more "co-operative".

Anyone in doubt should go and look at the map of Nigeria then you would understand why the North always feels an entitlement to political domination on account of sheer advantage in numbers and region. This the British thought would always ensure political domination for many years.

Sir Ahmadu Bello ( a highly intelligent and learned man)and so-called founding father, gave an interview in this documentary. I think every non-northerner should watch it and memorise it for life. It gives an insight into the thinking of the Northerner towards other non-northerners.
He believes that jobs in the North should go to only Northerners(regardless of merit and qualification),in the event no non-northerner can be found,and ex-pat(from another country) would be given precedence before a southerner!!! shocked It's not just dislike for non-northerners it is sheer contempt and hatred.

If he a founding father felt this way then it goes a long way to explain the many atrocities commited in the North towards non-northerners!

Then there was Awolowo's betrayal of the Igbos by his decision to seize their monies in the banks and give each Igbo a paltry sum regardless of original wealth after the Biafra War. Awolowo's action essentially meant that many Igbos that were previously very wealthy were made paupers overnight!
Then there was Awolowos's betrayal of the Yorubas by his decision to enter into a pact with the North.

Then there was Ojukwu's ill-advised decision to go to all out War. He was a military man,and thought a military solution was the best answer,it wasn't!
There was ethnic cleaning in the North of Igbos by Hausas and many thousands were murdered on account of just being Igbo!! A democratic solution would have worked better,lives would have being saved and assets remained. The Biafra War amongst other causes was chiefly caused by the mass murder of Igbos in the North. The dead were already that...dead!! There were many ways of dealing with these crimes and War wasn't one of them!

All in all Nigeria's original blue-print should have been left as it was,i.e Independent but associated regions North,West,East,South etc!! The drive to closer amalgamation is the source of our problems today. How can you make one team when different players think they should be captain and operate as such?? How can you form a group that have nothing in common and you want them to go in one direction?? The damage is done,our elders made a big mistake in my opinion and our generation and children will have to deal with the mess undecided

I had not read this before mine.

Decent expose....
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by Gombs(m): 5:04pm On Jan 29, 2013
Slyr0x:

He like I meant on mobile fones..BB n android for starters..tnx
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by executinal(m): 5:05pm On Jan 29, 2013
space booked
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by publisher(m): 5:07pm On Jan 29, 2013
@OP, I dont know the essence of this video. Nigeria is still a country in transition and hopefully our final destination will be a good one. Most of our leaders that have 'messed' up Nigeria are products of british colonial education. Perhaps the 'Naija' generation of young people that have revolutionized our music and movie industries will one day spread their tentacles into other areas of our great country.

This video is a waste of time and an opportunity for unnecessary pity partying over Nigeria's present challenging situations.

2 Likes

Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by maskid(m): 5:38pm On Jan 29, 2013
please how do i download this interesting video. any ideas?
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by Truckpusher(m): 5:39pm On Jan 29, 2013
I will reserve this space and after the match i'll reply you accordingly...
tttn726: All the stories about old Nigeria bla bla is so, how can I put it..it,s so "without depth" (I promised myself to not be rude in ths write up)

Why?

We were a people, nations etc before the Europeans/Arabs invaded. We might have had our problems but everyone have had there issues. The question is, what was before then? How do we place in the context of the very very disheartening situation in which we find ourselves.

This is not just a Nigerian thing but an African thing. It's the same story all over.

Nigeria is fake...created on the whim of a people who came to exploit and take advantage. They had a vision of empire, enslave peoples, use resources, stamp there own "civilisation" on other people.

They decided to marry people together without recourse to whether they wanted to be together. Borders, peoples, languages weren't respected. Nigeria wasn't created for you and I. It was convenient for them back then. I give it to them that they were able to pick up on the times and simply replaced one for another.

All the Nigeria Nigeria thing (like reminiscing etc) is just baseless and without depth. Did my history start from 1960? NO. There's nothing I can do about the English, Scottish, Welsh and Irish, Portuguese been part of my history but what the hell is Nigeria, kenya. Look at my continent...my people

Medocrity is celebrated, no one wants to think! We;re seating dock for another round of exploitation.China is upon you and it still weirdly feels like it's like old days...France,Britain etc

I am not (and I am if it is necessary) preaching break up of Africa...Nigeria or anyother country for that matter. Just trying to be a catalyst to some thinking by ourselves.

We speak another people's language, we're subjugate in our minds. The so called leaders can't get anything right (we definitely have positive sprouts of work done but because we're so postrate....what a guy is supposed to do by virtue of work is celebrated like crazy etc)

The decisions we make should take history into consideration and the reality of today and some good foresight.

My Initial Thoughts?

Size matters. Everyone is rushing to be part of a union etc to have clout around the world. Countries are constantly looking to have an advantage, impose there will, be looked up at (and that even countries that have an history of other countries oppressing them i,e China)

I thought yesterday (only a thought and not totally processed) The "geographical expression" (or group) called Nigeria is well placed in terms of size (population etc)and could well serve as a lever for the "miserable history" (past,present,tomorrow)to be influenced etc.

SO, "Nigeria" becomes a standard bearer of good governance, a place where the diaspora can come to connect with there roots if they wish too etc

Oh well...just thinking...what do you guys think?

I know...after all these oyibo..me sef dey wait for match o!!!
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by blackmale1: 5:40pm On Jan 29, 2013
i think the youtube link is dead
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by Hardfact: 5:46pm On Jan 29, 2013
Krucifax:

He believes that jobs in the North should go to only Northerners(regardless of merit and qualification),in the event no non-northerner can be found,and ex-pat(from another country) would be given precedence before a non-northerner!!! shocked It's not just dislike for non-northerners it is sheer contempt and hatred.

Where's this dude from? You seem not to sound like a regular Nlnder. Good attempt!
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by Cosmopolice: 5:53pm On Jan 29, 2013
Na wah
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by Nwabialuwa: 5:54pm On Jan 29, 2013
FANTASTIC!!! Very well done.
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by adexsimply(m): 5:57pm On Jan 29, 2013
Black Peni5: Let me secure this space before watching....
MUMU things..y u no kuku slip there? mtchew
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by OkparaIgbo: 5:58pm On Jan 29, 2013
publisher: @OP, I dont know the essence of this video. Nigeria is still a country in transition and hopefully our final destination will be a good one. Most of our leaders that have 'messed' up Nigeria are products of british colonial education. Perhaps the 'Naija' generation of young people that have revolutionized our music and movie industries will one day spread their tentacles into other areas of our great country.

This video is a waste of time and an opportunity for unnecessary pity partying over Nigeria's present challenging situations.

You call yourself publisher and yet you hate to educate your mind and learn from history.. angry All Nigerians or at least a lot must admit the fact that they have erred and move past the stage of shying away from taking responsibility and begin to take responsibility and apologies to the offended party/parties without which till tomorrow peace would not reignand where there is no peace there will not be development QED.! undecided
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by bundes: 5:59pm On Jan 29, 2013
what historic documentary mehn my general yet unborn is gonna watch this simple fact
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by dridowu: 5:59pm On Jan 29, 2013
now proper komet, i dnt have enough mb. So Sad
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by Danielh(m): 6:01pm On Jan 29, 2013
AFTER WATCHING THIS IT so sad what a country with such bright prospects in the start have turned into ..THIS BRINGS US TO THE VERY SALIENT AND COGENT QUESTION......https://www.nairaland.com/1178137/should-nigeria-break-up...
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by Dignitary: 6:07pm On Jan 29, 2013
Albeit the footages and images are interesting to watch, this cannot be said to be Nigeria's history!!!

The narrator started so well but in the middle of d flick, he allowed emotions (obviously motivated by his love for a particular tribe) to over cloud historical facts!!!

For instance,how on earth can the narrator contend that Awolowo betrayed Ojukwu?

The narrator also said oil was discovered in the east prior to the civil war? Is Niger Delta part of the East ? And this was even after the narrator had stated that the mid west region had been created in 1962! I can go on and on....

*I enjoyed watching the video tho'... But when will Nigerians choose objectivity over ethnic sentiments? Apart from d obvious ethnic bias,it was well put together.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This Lady‘s Nose is the biggest no doubt(Must See) / 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence / FPSO Vessel Explodes At Escravos, Warri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.