Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Video: Real Story Of Nigeria - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Video: Real Story Of Nigeria (16995 Views)

Video: Real Mermaid Spotted On Tropical Island / Shocking Video: Real Mermaid Seen In Israel / Update On The Killing Of The Uniport Boys(the Real Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by CGKing(m): 8:29am On Jan 30, 2013
Tony Spike:

I still insist the narrator and the publisher(s) skipped a whole lot of important details; I don't know his reason(s) anyway. You see, the chain of events that ruined this country were triggered by the political struggles between 1960 and 1965. I expected him to give a good account of the transactions within this period. Having read widely on Nigerian history, the video seem to make me believe that the publishers went a little bit sentimental in their presentation. Just my observation...

U might want to say that but probably because he may have confronted what u once believed so fondly. But I don't think so. Every Nigerian will be sentimental on the issues concerning Nigeria. Except u were trying to say biased. Then I would ask, biased to whom in particular? Because he discussed the mistakes and the success of each tribe. For instance, Iv Always respected Ahmadu bello. what he said in his interview, nothing reveals and decisive and hateful of one another we are. I can't believe he'd talk like that to the world. Also, I can't believe awolowo would accept a position from a military govt. it all just shows that our selfishnesses today was with us from the beginning.
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by TonySpike: 8:37am On Jan 30, 2013
CGKing:

U might want to say that but probably because he may have confronted what u once believed so fondly. But I don't think so. Every Nigerian will be sentimental on the issues concerning Nigeria. Except u were trying to say biased. Then I would ask, biased to whom I particular? Because he discussed the mistakes and the success of each tribe. For instance, Iv Always respected Ahmadu bello. what he said in his interview, nothing reveals and decisive and hateful of one another we are. I can't believe he'd talk like that to the world. Also, I can't believe awolowo would accept a position from a military govt. it all just shows that our selfishnesses today was with us from the beginning.

If I were you, I wouldn't call this selfishness. Whatever acts were exhibited by these great men, were channeled towards a certain form of ethnic preservation. No ethnic nationality in Nigeria is ready to dominated by another; as it is the 60's, so it is today. The 1st set of coup-plotters did exactly the same thing in their so-called 'flawed' revolution. Today, it is the Ijaws that dominate the political space, gradually suppressing other tribes politically. It is a system that is endlessly cyclical, and every ethnic nationality in Nigeria seems to take advantage of it.
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by hadjibabaondrun: 9:13am On Jan 30, 2013
Helo friends! Ar u in ur final yr in any discipline and in need of a complete project. U can contact dis numba 07063132291 or email shuaib360@gmail.com, or add me up on 2go or watsapp wit my number. We ar ready to serve u beta tnx!
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by Ehisod(m): 9:15am On Jan 30, 2013
publisher: @OP, I dont know the essence of this video. Nigeria is still a country in transition and hopefully our final destination will be a good one. Most of our leaders that have 'messed' up Nigeria are products of british colonial education. Perhaps the 'Naija' generation of young people that have revolutionized our music and movie industries will one day spread their tentacles into other areas of our great country.

This video is a waste of time and an opportunity for unnecessary pity partying over Nigeria's present challenging situations.

Man you are pitiable yourself this is an enlightening piece of film work. I do not care about political implications but it is a good educational piece. And stop blaming the British. The "British colonial education" that you received never had a subject called "Destroy Nigeria". If we had been able to throw out our narrow minded views like your own, we would have been able to achieve that which they set out to put in place albeit for selfish reasons, an entity that will be politically, geographically and economically dominant whether in Africa or the world.
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by funkymedina: 9:54am On Jan 30, 2013
Tare55: And for those who prefer a rapidshare link

http://rapidshare.com/files/3577924078/REAL%20STORY%20OF%20NIGERIA%20-%20YouTube.FLV

File size is about 620MB. I think its worth having, if only for historical reasons.
acess denied ..link not working . This doc has ro be saved in many places

1 Like

Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by defmute: 11:01am On Jan 30, 2013
[/quote][/color]
Tare55: And for those who prefer a rapidshare link

http://rapidshare.com/files/3577924078/REAL%20STORY%20OF%20NIGERIA%20-%20YouTube.FLV

File size is about 620MB. I think its worth having, if only for historical reasons.

Hi can you assist with the link please. Its not working for some reasons. Many thanks.
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by Panter215: 11:08am On Jan 30, 2013
This piece is what Oscars are made of. Keep it up. Very educating.
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by CGKing(m): 3:32pm On Jan 30, 2013
Tony Spike:

If I were you, I wouldn't call this selfishness. Whatever acts were exhibited by these great men, were channeled towards a certain form of ethnic preservation. No ethnic nationality in Nigeria is ready to dominated by another; as it is the 60's, so it is today. The 1st set of coup-plotters did exactly the same thing in their so-called 'flawed' revolution. Today, it is the Ijaws that dominate the political space, gradually suppressing other tribes politically. It is a system that is endlessly cyclical, and every ethnic nationality in Nigeria seems to take advantage of it.

You are right. Ethnic preservation, or simply put, selfishness. Selfishness has been our way since I was born.

Meanwhile, how do u mean the ijaws dominate? Can u xplain?
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by Divaucee: 6:36pm On Jan 30, 2013
I hv nt seen any change in nigeria.d only change i hv seen in nigeria is that things grow from bad to worse
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by chreldb(m): 3:12am On Jan 31, 2013
This is my own opinion. I am a Niger deltan man. in the sense that I am half Delta half Rivers. Thats all I will say for now. One of my first comments on NL with this moniker reiterated that fact. But one stupi.d Ibo bigot decided to take me up on my opinion and even threatened me. Anyways that's another story. Briefly speaking I think that the writer was a little biased. And I doubt he was a yoruba man. Because he was economical with the truth. For example, He said oil was discovered in the East. At this point in time let me reiterate the fact that I am a full blooded Niger Deltan. So I do not understand why it is assumed that oil was discovered in the east and not the south south or in the words of the narrator, the mid western region. Or am I missing something? Anyways, Nigeria jagajaga, no be today. Forget my obsevations, insinuations and critisisms. The bottom line is that the originators of that documentary did a relatively thorough job. Their end message is what should be taken to heart. Which is whether we like it or not we are one nation and even though we are of different tribes and backgrounds. And we have to manage ourselves and make our situation work for the benefit of our next generation. Posterity does not end with the people that started this nation, but it actually begins with the next.
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by aljharem(m): 9:01am On Nov 23, 2013
Mr Jide Olarewaju is obliously NOT Yoruba but another coward Igboman using a yoruba name to lie. SMH

Full of lies
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by Nobody: 10:09am On Nov 23, 2013
lagcity:

It is not true. Awo gave Ibos twenty pounds even when they couldn't prove they had money in the bank. A lot of Igbos were also unreasonable in hoping to exchange worthless Biafran pounds for Nigerian currency. Also, Awo saved all federal allocation meant for the East and gave it to the East after the war. He really did not have to do that since Biafra was technically not part of the Federal Republic of Nigeria during the three years of war.

In fact even, if we say Awo seized all Ibo funds in the back, which isn't true, all the allocation saved up for the East was tenfold the amount ibo individuals lost.

God bless you bro.

Though I have to agree the war was not so necessary and the 3 figures at that period only played politics with lives and properties of innocent people while their own kids, wives and relatives remained unaffected in anyway.

At the 3 bolded, I wonder why no Igbo ever talks about all of that. They're always quick to label Awo bad for short-changing them. Was it all Igbos who had money in the bank? Were they all heavily wealthy? I read in Frederick Forsyth's book that Biafra Army sacked the banks in the East and I think in Benin; as a result banking records were damaged/lost. How could banking records have been kept intact during war?

The hatred for Awo wouldn't even make them at least give the man props for saving their region's allocation through out the war and giving it to them. The same hatred won't make them ask how their leaders utilized the allocations - the same hatred is why they won't hold their governors responsible for their sufferings in their home-states but complain bitterly about whatever happens in the West.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ice Quiz Questions For The Upcoming Kyc 3 / 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence / FPSO Vessel Explodes At Escravos, Warri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.