Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,147 members, 7,849,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:31 AM

Nimc 2012/2013 Interview - Jobs/Vacancies (190) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nimc 2012/2013 Interview (545338 Views)

URGENT RESPONSE-NIMC 2013 Interview! / NIMC April 2013 Interview At Abuja / Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (253) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by adetowubo001(m): 8:32am On Sep 25, 2013
naanamee: @ Adetowubo, F G Agencies can employ any time, there's no policy that precludes it from employing @ the end of the Year, infact I was employed by an FG Agency on 22nd November 2010 as commencement date, the APL was issued a month earlier, this is just disabuse ur mind on that point of end of year recruitment.
Thanks for enlightening my ignorance.
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by albahafs: 8:47am On Sep 25, 2013
Proudly_Naija: bt my problm nw is d timing, cos d offshore job is kickin off by 1st week of oct, as we ar doin documentations nw, bt nimc dnt hav a specific date or time of resumption, tho i prefer nimc bt i am left wit no choice dan 2 go 4 d offshore job, 2 fulfil d saying 'a bre*st at hand worth more dan two in d bra' or ' a bird at hand worth more dan two in d bush'
Go for it. when NIMC calls u will decide to either stay there or come back.
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by naanamee: 9:08am On Sep 25, 2013
@ Proudly 9ja, I agree with Alfa, u shld go for it first, and when nimc apl lands u can make an informed decision, there's benfit of exeperience even if u just worked there 4 a week, u ll have that on ur CV, u r enriching ur CV, besides you never u may like it there. And on ur fear of been shipped out over seas when d apl lands, do not fear that, cos 1) I doubt if dis oil company would just ship u out immediately without some form of training which would take some time, 2) the Nimc would definitely give 1 month notice of time b4 resumption, it is the practice with FG Agencies, so in between that time u can make ur decision 3) If am to choose between an FG job whic is mostly redundant, pls no offnec my people (all nimc fans) and a job in a highly organized private sector as long as they are employing you as a graduate, I would defintely choose the Oil company even for d sake of professionalism, d pay, and also I know that one would be fully utilised unlike Govt agencies, where in some cases you can just have a table and chair and does nothng in months... So ultimately d decision is yours, ours as ur brothers n friends is just to point out to u d merits and demrits of your choices... Congrats Man...
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by ProudlyNaija1: 9:09am On Sep 25, 2013
albahafs: Go for it. when NIMC calls u will decide to either stay there or come back.
who wil book me in a boat or flight within a short time, nimc wil nid me 2 resume?
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by simonphilips(m): 11:51am On Sep 25, 2013
Gooder234: cry If i were the commission called NIMC, i will not call applicants for training knowing fully that they would nt be called for their APL & documentation within a very short period of time. Instead, i would nt call them for training, no matter how long it would take untill i know that all arrangements have been made, so that as soon as the training is over, they get their APL and start documentation. Good mrng
@Gooder, NIMC didn't call for job training, they called for further assessment so it could have been as long as the waiting for the interview itself. Just be a little more patient, if u understood government bureaucracy, u wouldn't have had issues with this. Its well, just find something to keep u busy the job is definitely ours.

1 Like

Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by deprofo: 2:35pm On Sep 25, 2013
What Does Nimc Have To Offer?
In a society such as ours, questions like the above title must definitely occupy the thought processes and perhaps dominate the psyche of the average citizen. Clearly it is trite logic, that any setting where hopes are repeatedly raised and dashed, without any justifiable reason or compunctions, will have cynicism standing tall as it currently does in Nigeria. It therefore comes as no surprise when citizens shrug off the introduction or mention of any new body or scheme set up by government, no matter how noble the intent might be.
This takes us back to the need to accurately deconstruct the question in order to provide a correct and plausible answer. From the foregoing, it is clear that the real question, the real issue at stake is what fresh value NIMC has to offer against the background of several failed attempts since the 1970s. What is NIMC going to be doing differently from its precursors such as the defunct DNCR?
There are a few things that rekindle our hope that the Commission will get it right where others failed dismally. One, in a bid to inject fresh blood and vibrancy into the workforce, the Commission has purged itself of the burden of incompetent and unqualified staff while consciously replacing them with qualified, highly experienced and highly motivated personnel through keenly contested and transparent recruitment exercise.
Whereas the focus of previous dispensations was the issuance of ID cards, the National Identity Management Commission is saddled with the responsibility of issuing not only ID cards but also of National Identification Numbers (NIN) as well as creating and managing a comprehensive database of all Nigerians and legal residents. These three in addition to verification of identities and harmonisation of databases form the core of the new National Identity Management System (NIMS) which the Commission is bringing to the table.
The card which NIMC intends to issue will have embedded in it a micro-chip which will carry all the necessary information including NIN, holder’s signature, photograph and fingerprints. One major innovation that comes with the NIMS package is the introduction of the National Identification Number (NIN) which has been designed to die with its holder. In other words, the NIN which is issued to an individual on the successful capture of his or her demographic data as well as biometric/ relevant physical features (e.g ten fingerprints, head-to-shoulder picture), cannot be issued again even if the previous holder dies. This will go a long way in curtailing the ghost worker or ghost citizen syndrome as identity theft becomes very difficult and easily detectable once the scheme becomes fully operational.
Pls let us exercise patience for this organization NIMC. ONE LOVE

1 Like

Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by karaduwa01(m): 3:18pm On Sep 25, 2013
The cause of concern and frustration to the applicants is The fact that NIMC started this process in a very speedy manner. I was one of the first interviewees having done the interview in April, just 4 1/2 months after applying. Going by that pace one would have expected to their offer by June/July latest, it is now nearly October. I am not saying NIMC did anything wrong but the swiftness with which the process was initiated gave the applicants high expectations as to the prospect of early employment.

1 Like

Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by gfullmoon(m): 4:15pm On Sep 25, 2013
Guys this waiting game if the truth should be told is not easy o. To compound the problem the Training was further Assessment not automatic APL,had it being APL is in our hands now even if na next 2 years NIMC go call us it'll be understandable .For some guys resigned their jobs to attain the Training & trying to pick up any job now all are in doubt cos you wouldn't know whether NIMC will call you the next day or 2day. One is simply no longer in control of what to do-travel,hunt for jobs etc cos of this NIMC suspense that will win Oscar Award in Hollywood.

The guy wey I borrowed money go Abuja dey on my neck saying I carry im money go do Oringo(jolly jolly) for inside Abuja cos I tell am by Sept he go come meet me for inside NIMC office where If I tell am come in next 5 months for the money he go agreed kia kia Lol! Pls I need ur help if you're wearing your NIMC T-shirt & Cap to match and someone come to you asking whether u're a staff of NIMC or seeking relevant enquiry you know what is the best thing (ans) to do/give?

The comic relief (Paragraph 2) above over-on a serious note noone that attained the Training with NIMC staff spoken & unspoken body languages will belief it could've taken this long cos we rated NIMC above the Nigeria we all hitherto believed -in where people hardly practice what they preach either knowingly or circumstances beyond their control prevails. We're all NIgerians so no matter how different & effective an Agency or one might try to be you cannot swim against the tide (bureaucracy). Lets reason like Nigerians we'll then appreciate that NIMC is not all that slow and it'll be easier for us to bear the Suspence. It sucks but it'll be sweet soonest!

2 Likes

Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by Gooder234(m): 7:30pm On Sep 25, 2013
grin NIMC, anytime wey u want call us, call us cos today i got my former job back. Tnk god..... @least i now hv something doing.
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by Rexxygreen: 8:52pm On Sep 25, 2013
i hate what's happening! Could never believe this ll take this long. am just getting sick
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by deprofo: 9:13pm On Sep 25, 2013
Rexxygreen: i hate what's happening! Could never believe this ll take this long. am just getting sick
Rexxygreen take it easy God is in Control. Nimc wil surely call us one by special grace of God. Relax ok

1 Like

Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by deprofo: 6:12am On Sep 26, 2013
Good-morning this morning all Nimc fans. I hope will all wake up this morning with good faith. lets keep faith alive, we will soon get there in Jesus Name Amen. One Love

1 Like

Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by gbengalite(m): 9:36am On Sep 26, 2013
Thanks ya'll for the updates, it really helped. I applied for the "LG Co-ordinating officer" but so far NIMC have not contacted me. So i had to check my status on their Site and i confirmed my appli. is still at the Exam. level.

So my advice for y'all is to do something for now, may be a job then when NIMC comes fine.

Good luck and Cheers.
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by siralos135: 10:17am On Sep 26, 2013
[quote author=gbengalite]Thanks ya'll for the updates, it really helped. I applied for the "LG Co-ordinating officer" but so far NIMC have not contacted me. So i had to check my status on their Site and i confirmed my appli. is still at the Exam. level.

So my advice for y'all is to do something for now, may be a job then when NIMC comes fine.[color=#000099][/color]
@gbengalite
have u had ur interview
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by obioma2000: 2:59pm On Sep 26, 2013
NIMC whats really going on!!!
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by jamest4real: 6:56pm On Sep 26, 2013
It is well!
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by fidebona(m): 7:29pm On Sep 26, 2013
jamest4real:
It is well!

Yeah all is well with us (NIMC FANS) but all is not well with NIMC something is definitely wrong somewhere.
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by Tenmen: 8:44pm On Sep 26, 2013
fidebona:

Yeah all is well with us (NIMC FANS) but all is not well with NIMC something is definitely wrong somewhere.

Ahh! Abi is it like Arsenal fans and Arsenal?
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by muut2: 11:01pm On Sep 26, 2013
Hmmmm............, I glanced through my transcript & saw that I had an "A" in one of my courses (WAITING) & that has rekindled my faith in waiting as it would definitely bring out SUCCESS
So fellow NIMC hopefuls God is on our side just believe its going to come soon
Lets WAIT!
One Love!

1 Like

Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by Mowin: 9:33am On Sep 27, 2013
Gd day people, just sneakd in here to know whats happening.. @proudly Naija, do not hesitate 2 grab that Job. U shouldn't toil with ur future because of Nimc.. With that gd pay nd the experience u will garner in 4 yrs, u can be sure that sky will be ur limit. U must nt work with Nimc. But if u r so so out nt 2 loos Nimc job,when ever u r back from the sea nd it happens that Nimc has offered u Apl, u can table ur case with evidences, I beleive they will understand u. But loosing this offer because ur waiting 4 Nimc will amount 2 cowardice.. Take this advise frm me, nd u will glad u did.
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by gbengalite(m): 4:16pm On Sep 27, 2013
[quote author=siralos135][/quote]

Not yet o
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by deprofo: 5:24pm On Sep 27, 2013
Wait! Wait!! Wait!!! Nimc we are waiting patiencely for APL. Wenever it come we will grab our copies. Pls lets find sometin and b doing while waiting 4 Nimc. Definitly if there no serious Problem Nimc wil call us one day. ONE LOVE
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by DAFESTEVE(m): 7:04pm On Sep 27, 2013
deprofo: Wait! Wait!! Wait!!! Nimc we are waiting patiencely for APL. Wenever it come we will grab our copies. Pls lets find sometin and b doing while waiting 4 Nimc. Definitly if there no serious Problem Nimc wil call us one day. ONE LOVE

ONE LOVE.
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by yak(m): 7:25pm On Sep 27, 2013
Its only in a country like ours that some ppl will force ppl out of their jobs witout compensation. NIMC is really playing wit ppls lives
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by ejiykzazi2007(m): 7:28pm On Sep 27, 2013
I heard they are debating on scrapping NIMC. Its objectives suppose to be added to the once of NPC, then revitalise d commision and not duplicate responsibilities by creating NIMC. Dats wot I heard but not from a reliable source.
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by fidebona(m): 7:43pm On Sep 27, 2013
ejiykzazi2007: I heard they are debating on scrapping NIMC. Its objectives suppose to be added to the once of NPC, then revitalise d commision and not duplicate responsibilities by creating NIMC. Dats wot I heard but not from a reliable source.

hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa everyday with new talk. na waa ooooooooooooo naija.
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by Danyl(m): 9:10pm On Sep 27, 2013
ejiykzazi2007: I heard they are debating on scrapping NIMC. Its objectives suppose to be added to the once of NPC, then revitalise d commision and not duplicate responsibilities by creating NIMC. Dats wot I heard but not from a reliable source.
funny tales shall never cease to exist in Naija
.NIMC n NPC are not having d same roles ah ah. how cn a sane government do dat...if it happens den Naija is a crap
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by gfullmoon(m): 10:26pm On Sep 27, 2013

The committee set up to revisit some Agencies/Parastatals to determine their usefulness sometimes ago included NECO,JAMB etc as among those to be scraped or merged never mentioned NIMC,so this ur source is false & unrealiable.Trust 9ja na even all their Recommendations were dead on arrival & public fund lavished on the exercised wasted as all the Agencies mentioned dey Kempe 2day! That's how our politicians settle their supporters/adversaries through Committees on White Elephant projects.

Besides NIMC & NPC have nothing in common to be merged. Till the National Assembly repeal the Act establishing NIMC whose duty is to do so this rumour is unfounded.

No wonder Barak Obama one time ask our President why there was so many Committees in Nigerian Govt-Senate,House of Rep.Executive,PDP,Judiciary within Agencies etc. Our President replied that he will set up Committee to look into it! Obama shouted Committee again! A Minister suggested another Committe to be set up to find out why US President shouted on what the President of giant of Africa said.lol . Laugh joo & relieve the suspense. NIMC has won Oscar Award for suspence!

I hereby set up Ten-Man Committee to look into NIMC Delay. And another Committee to look into why Seighabenz,Shiloh,Alams etc are on the run from this Thread.The Committee has 3 weeks to publish its findings & recommendations. Meeting place Sheraton Hilton Hotel & Towers Abuja Suite 301,30th Sept 2013,Time :8pm-11pm. If you wish to be a member like this post. Note the date may coincide with ur Interview/APL/Training sms.

Mowin, Dafe & others-we missed u guys here. Welcome back!

4 Likes

Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by kazola30: 11:08pm On Sep 27, 2013
NIMC!! NIMC!! NIMC!!! How many times did i called u? It is high time u come out and explain to us wat is going on behind the scene. These radio's without battery news has not and will not do us any good but for u to come on board and tell us wat the delay is all about. I believe some of ur staff follow dis thread and always give u the situation report. We are all tired of all these hearsay, today dey wan scrap nimc, yesterday na budget be the issue, maybe tomorrow news will be nimc doesn't exist. Abeg NIMC make person no cun get heart attack for dis job because some ve develop HBP due to ur silence. As for me i dropped the job i was doing before u invited me for training and my employer said ''if u go for two weeks u ar gone'' and now I'm in dillema zone. NIMC pls come out and address us either on dis thread or ur website inorder to restore our hope and confidence on dis project.

1 Like

Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by olushaggy(m): 11:34pm On Sep 27, 2013
@ kazola30
You better look for something good doing now, or else you might loose at both side, for me i have for long forgot about this NIMC of a thing. "Mio le wa fi ironu para mi....." as i have waited for this while for even invitation for interview nothing is coming up and my nimc page says my application is still on "Examination Stage", so i decide to stick to God for better offer.
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by fidebona(m): 11:46pm On Sep 27, 2013
kazola30: NIMC!! NIMC!! NIMC!!! How many times did i called u? It is high time u come out and explain to us wat is going on behind the scene. These radio's without battery news has not and will not do us any good but for u to come on board and tell us wat the delay is all about. I believe some of ur staff follow dis thread and always give u the situation report. We are all tired of all these hearsay, today dey wan scrap nimc, yesterday na budget be the issue, maybe tomorrow news will be nimc doesn't exist. Abeg NIMC make person no cun get heart attack for dis job because some ve develop HBP due to ur silence. As for me i dropped the job i was doing before u invited me for training and my employer said ''if u go for two weeks u ar gone'' and now I'm in dillema zone. NIMC pls come out and address us either on dis thread or ur website inorder to restore our hope and confidence on dis project.

gbam well said.
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by DAFESTEVE(m): 8:18am On Sep 28, 2013
fidebona:

gbam well said.

@ all good morning this morning. Patient is indeed a virtue. @ gullmoon nice piece above, ,No doubt paucity of fund is d reason for this delay,inability of NIMC to pay our stipend is a pointer to that. All we need now is to continue in drinking from d water of patient. Little wonder why another name for patient is long suffering, indeed we have suffer long as a result of this delay,especially those of us who had to resign our job for the training. we have indeed suffer long. Most of us now live on drinking garri to survive(Lol). I empathise with those who resign their job for d TRN, I fall into that category so I understand the present harsh reality .IT IS WELL. if there is one thing giving me hope, is the possibility that our APLs might be dated back to june/july or august this year.

@ all do have a lovely weekend and pls don't forget to pray for this recruitment process @ this junction: there is no denying that the spiritual controls the physical.

ONE LOVE

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (253) (Reply)

Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! / Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test / OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.