Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,149 members, 7,849,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:23 AM

Nimc 2012/2013 Interview - Jobs/Vacancies (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nimc 2012/2013 Interview (545343 Views)

URGENT RESPONSE-NIMC 2013 Interview! / NIMC April 2013 Interview At Abuja / Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (253) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by tontons: 7:46am On May 21, 2013
NIMC TRAINING: 70 percent ......... Loading ..........

1 Like

Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by CHINENYE86: 9:14am On May 21, 2013
Pls I want τ̅☺ know if Authentication Officers Ħª√ę been shortlisted.
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by tobs21: 10:01am On May 21, 2013
Waiting anxiously o
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by SenMarkMike(m): 11:10am On May 21, 2013
As I expect my appointment from NIMC I equally pray to God for all of us that put trust in Him. God pass all. Rejoice pals !

2 Likes

Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by SenMarkMike(m): 11:37am On May 21, 2013
hariorh:

Nobody says u shouldn't pray. But let's be civilized. This is a thread on NIMC and not a religious thread or fellowship.

Its better to pray and talk to God in ur privacy. Its a personal thing. That's where u can have the perfect spiritual communication with him.

Typing prayers here is derailing. U are not praying to us. U are praying to God almighty.

If u succeed in converting this thread to a prayer meeting, it still does not guarantee that everyone will be given employment since we all know how our govt is run.

And if u are not satisfied and feel that until we all see ur prayers before u feel God will answer it, then pls do the following:

- hire a bill-board and type ur prayers there for all to see

- go nta and proclaim ur prayers there for everyone to acknowledge.

- enter radio stations and recite ur prayer points there for us to hear.

I'm sure God will bless u with even more than NIMC job if u do the things listed above.
grin
My dear, prayer is needed anywhere, any time, for anyone and for anything. It's true some may not like the idea of praying just as others like it. However, the fact remains that it's better to pray than insult or even scare people. I thus posit that the best option on any occasion of prayer for those who are averse to it is to ignore it. It is their right to maintain silence on it as it is the right of others to encourage those they can through prayer. You can only pick quarrels if someone is trying to belittle your belief not when he is professing his. God bless all.
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by Nobody: 11:53am On May 21, 2013
Nawa 4 NIMC o. Customer Care officers and the rest wey dem never call for interview no know our fate, the Enrollment guys wey dem call too still never know their fate and say na next month the scheme wan kick off. Abi who go handle enrollment of Nigerians into the scheme for them?
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by Nobody: 1:04pm On May 21, 2013
Fingers crossed!! Make we allow dem do deir work. Anyhow e be,dey must still call cos na dem need us!! wink
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by flowbjones(m): 1:28pm On May 21, 2013
THE National Identity Management Commission NIMC is gearing up to kick start a data collection exercise which would put the country among the top information managers in the world.

The exercise would see to the electronic enrolment of the over 167 million Nigerians and legally resident foreigners in the country before the end of second quarter of this year.

At the head of the squad to see this happen is the Director General of the commission Dr. Chris Onyemenam who is upbeat that by the time the exercise is in full swing, problems associated with accurate data of nationals and legally residents persons in the country.

He has put up teams and facilities which would ensure that the usual trend of issuing just identity cards without adequate security features, which data may not be read electronically, is reversed.

ICAO security guidelines
This time around, Onyemenam said that several security features and methods were pressed together to give every identity a world class specification in line with the ICAO guidelines.

He addressed a select technology Journalist, last week, during a facility tour of its National Identity Management System infrastructures located at its head office in Abuja and its world-class Data Recovery Centre in Minna, Niger State.

Onyemenam’s argument was that in the past, the focus of all identity registrations was on issuing of Identity cards without relevant security features. To that extent, the current exercise was mandated to issue National Identity Numbers, NIN, which is uniquely assigned numbers to individuals upon successful enrolment.

The enrolment processes consist of the recording of an individual’s demographic data, capture of 10 fingerprints, head-to-shoulder facial picture and digital signature, which are all used to cross-check existing data in the National Identity Database to confirm there is no previous entry of the same data.

Pilot scheme
Though the pilot exercise on the scheme started in Abuja on February 23, 2012, Onyemenam, said the pilot exercise has been extended to each state and now to the 774 local government area, saying that the nationwide enrolment will commence before the end of June.

He said: “By the end of second quarter of 2013, we expect the actual nationwide enrolment exercise will be launched by the Presidency. From the time it is launched, it is our target to have hit 100 million enrollments in 30 months.

“This will be followed by the issuance of cards that are Chip & PIN-based and designed with more than 18 security features embedded, making it difficult for the cards to be cloned by fraudsters.

”We are not perfect but we are completely in compliance with necessary International Standard Organisation (ISO) and ICAO specifications. But we have made much effort to ensure that the cards are not easily forged”

75 percent of IDs in Nigeria, fake
In his presentation, Director, IT and Database, NIMC, Mr. Aliyu Aziz, noted that 75 per cent of Identity cards in Nigeria are counterfeits without any form of verification or authentication while over 100 million Nigerians  have no official identity at all.

Meanwhile, he promised that several forms of Identity systems by private organisations such as banks and many other government agencies that do not communicate together could be integrated as the NIMC’s National ID Management Systems (NIMS) infrastructure will provide a common key for such separate databases.

Aziz noted that, although initial enrolments have started ahead of the official nationwide launch, all the commission was focusing on at the moment was to provide more redundancy and increase availability of its infrastructure.

He said when the exercise fully begins, mobile enrolment services will also be provided to people in the far rural areas to make it convenient for more Nigerians to get enrolled on time.

Infrastructural Challenges
He said: “However, we are facing challenges ranging from infrastructure, power, as evident in the poor power situations in the country. Now we have resorted to powering all our data centres which are supposed to work round-the-clock, with alternative power supply. We also have capacity and funding problem because the private partners are yet to commit like the government has done. You know, this project was conceived as a Public Private Partnership, PPP initiative.

“We also have challenges having to do with geographical reach. However we are going to use mobile registration points to address this. Scalability is another issue, but we have also found a way around it.”

Managing crowd at enrolment centres
Earlier, while conducting the pressmen around the Minna DRC, the Director, Information Technology, NIMC, Mr. Emmanuel Ogungbe, said the execution of the exercise has been designed in a way some cumbersome experiences in part exercises would not recur. He even assured that cases of multiple enrolments would not happen due to the technology involved in the exercise.

“We deployed Automated Biometric Identity System, which allows real-time registration of persons, so with this multiple registration is tracked and identified immediately.

”We have also put in place very effective queue management system to avoid crowding at registration points. In every centre, the entrance doors are different from the exit ones. Yet only a given number of registrants are allowed at the waiting room at a time.

For quick registration, we designed the enrolment system to have double monitors so the registrant would see what is being computed by the registrar and be able to indicate errors or make corrections instantly

2 Likes

Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by obioma2000: 4:00pm On May 21, 2013
I want to knw if they have shortlisted facility management services or is there no interview schedule for this week!!
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by LEvuls(m): 5:21pm On May 21, 2013
flowbjones: THE National Identity Management Commission NIMC is gearing up to kick start a data collection exercise which would put the country among the top information managers in the world.

The exercise would see to the electronic enrolment of the over 167 million Nigerians and legally resident foreigners in the country before the end of second quarter of this year.

At the head of the squad to see this happen is the Director General of the commission Dr. Chris Onyemenam who is upbeat that by the time the exercise is in full swing, problems associated with accurate data of nationals and legally residents persons in the country.

He has put up teams and facilities which would ensure that the usual trend of issuing just identity cards without adequate security features, which data may not be read electronically, is reversed.

ICAO security guidelines
This time around, Onyemenam said that several security features and methods were pressed together to give every identity a world class specification in line with the ICAO guidelines.

He addressed a select technology Journalist, last week, during a facility tour of its National Identity Management System infrastructures located at its head office in Abuja and its world-class Data Recovery Centre in Minna, Niger State.

Onyemenam’s argument was that in the past, the focus of all identity registrations was on issuing of Identity cards without relevant security features. To that extent, the current exercise was mandated to issue National Identity Numbers, NIN, which is uniquely assigned numbers to individuals upon successful enrolment.

The enrolment processes consist of the recording of an individual’s demographic data, capture of 10 fingerprints, head-to-shoulder facial picture and digital signature, which are all used to cross-check existing data in the National Identity Database to confirm there is no previous entry of the same data.

Pilot scheme
Though the pilot exercise on the scheme started in Abuja on February 23, 2012, Onyemenam, said the pilot exercise has been extended to each state and now to the 774 local government area, saying that the nationwide enrolment will commence before the end of June.

He said: “By the end of second quarter of 2013, we expect the actual nationwide enrolment exercise will be launched by the Presidency. From the time it is launched, it is our target to have hit 100 million enrollments in 30 months.

“This will be followed by the issuance of cards that are Chip & PIN-based and designed with more than 18 security features embedded, making it difficult for the cards to be cloned by fraudsters.

”We are not perfect but we are completely in compliance with necessary International Standard Organisation (ISO) and ICAO specifications. But we have made much effort to ensure that the cards are not easily forged”

75 percent of IDs in Nigeria, fake
In his presentation, Director, IT and Database, NIMC, Mr. Aliyu Aziz, noted that 75 per cent of Identity cards in Nigeria are counterfeits without any form of verification or authentication while over 100 million Nigerians  have no official identity at all.

Meanwhile, he promised that several forms of Identity systems by private organisations such as banks and many other government agencies that do not communicate together could be integrated as the NIMC’s National ID Management Systems (NIMS) infrastructure will provide a common key for such separate databases.

Aziz noted that, although initial enrolments have started ahead of the official nationwide launch, all the commission was focusing on at the moment was to provide more redundancy and increase availability of its infrastructure.

He said when the exercise fully begins, mobile enrolment services will also be provided to people in the far rural areas to make it convenient for more Nigerians to get enrolled on time.

Infrastructural Challenges
He said: “However, we are facing challenges ranging from infrastructure, power, as evident in the poor power situations in the country. Now we have resorted to powering all our data centres which are supposed to work round-the-clock, with alternative power supply. We also have capacity and funding problem because the private partners are yet to commit like the government has done. You know, this project was conceived as a Public Private Partnership, PPP initiative.

“We also have challenges having to do with geographical reach. However we are going to use mobile registration points to address this. Scalability is another issue, but we have also found a way around it.”

Managing crowd at enrolment centres
Earlier, while conducting the pressmen around the Minna DRC, the Director, Information Technology, NIMC, Mr. Emmanuel Ogungbe, said the execution of the exercise has been designed in a way some cumbersome experiences in part exercises would not recur. He even assured that cases of multiple enrolments would not happen due to the technology involved in the exercise.

“We deployed Automated Biometric Identity System, which allows real-time registration of persons, so with this multiple registration is tracked and identified immediately.

”We have also put in place very effective queue management system to avoid crowding at registration points. In every centre, the entrance doors are different from the exit ones. Yet only a given number of registrants are allowed at the waiting room at a time.

For quick registration, we designed the enrolment system to have double monitors so the registrant would see what is being computed by the registrar and be able to indicate errors or make corrections instantly
Nice development........please if by any means you happen to relate with him(DG) tell him that if he havent hire any of US here in NL,he havent started this Nimc career o0O!
Watching him frm 3D Shaa
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by drlizzy(f): 8:43pm On May 21, 2013
LEvuls:
Nice development........please if by any means you happen to relate with him(DG) tell him that if he havent hire any of US here in NL,he havent started this Nimc career o0O!
Watching him frm 3D Shaa
prease tells d dg does if he hasnt have he havent has ooo 6
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by Nobody: 8:59pm On May 21, 2013
Yes nah Me, the WAZOBIA FM of this thread.I don Land, how una dey, i dey notice som pple wen dey wait 4 interview, make i yarn una small tori, make una no fear,dem go soon call una, @d moment they are seriously carrying out Forensic(security) checks on potential employees, to rid of those wen forge papers, 4 example if u graduate 4 unilag, them go send letter to unilag to send dem a copy of ur resul to check d one wen u use go giv dem, also nysc too.. So be patient, i 4my felow pple wen don go interview,make una chill, Nimc need una pass ice water 4under hot sun.. Make i shatap 4 now, UNA WELL DONE OOOH..

4 Likes

Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by franchuks(m): 9:45pm On May 21, 2013
@Alas... Thanks o bt hw veracious is d result authenticatn stuff. Still expectant by Gods grace, bt dont knw why some people hv grouse wt openly declaring ur faith tru prayer. Abi una want dem 2 glorify/hv faith in Devil? Peace!!!
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by sambright2012: 10:21pm On May 21, 2013
i jst applied 4 organization strategy and work plan heheheh no interview yet ehehehehmmm dey go do am later hohohohoho me i dey gidigbam,dey wait 4dem.no retreat no surrender.
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by afrobella7: 10:24pm On May 21, 2013
@alasuomowei,thank you 4 d info. I've missed your contribution on this thread

1 Like

Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by gfullmoon(m): 10:30pm On May 21, 2013
alasuomowei: Yes nah Me, the WAZOBIA FM of this thread.I don Land, how una dey, i dey notice som pple wen dey wait 4 interview, make i yarn una small tori, make una no fear,dem go soon call una, @d moment they are seriously carrying out Forensic(security) checks on potential employees, to rid of those wen forge papers, 4 example if u graduate 4 unilag, them go send letter to unilag to send dem a copy of ur resul to check d one wen u use go giv dem, also nysc too.. So be patient, i 4my felow pple wen don go interview,make una chill, Nimc need una pass ice water 4under hot sun.. Make i shatap 4 now, UNA WELL DONE OOOH..

Alas... U make mega sense here. How authentic is ur tori? Any way sha u be GEJ brother..... The waiting game is getting closer...
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by Nobody: 10:39pm On May 21, 2013
gfullmoon:

Alas... U make mega sense here. How authentic is ur tori? Any way sha u be GEJ brother..... The waiting game is getting closer...
na so ooh.
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by Nobody: 10:48pm On May 21, 2013
If u know say u do well 4d test, no fear... The scoring process as i was told is cummulative, right 4rm the application, the application portal is to test ur sense of computer usage, rememba som pple did'nt finish applyin yet them write the test, so u can grade ur self at home, access ur perfomance 4rm the application portal till date.. So grade urself over 100, wat score do u sincerely and truthfully giv to ursef, u shud knw d number of questions u were able to answer in the test(out of 50), b4 u join interview.
BUT PUT PRAYER JOIN OOOH, cos God can change zero to 200... Lol
UNA WELL DONE.

2 Likes

Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by tontons: 3:22am On May 22, 2013
NIMC TRAINING: 80 percent ......... Loading ............
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by obioma2000: 5:21am On May 22, 2013
I still dey expect my own success story oh nah facility management services i apply for i believe with God all things are possibe!!

1 Like

Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by kentblues(m): 5:44am On May 22, 2013
If you want to know what am talking about read psalm 27:13-14 it 100 percent strong word release to boost our confidence where the LORD is. But especially me myself. AMEN
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by seighabenz(m): 7:36am On May 22, 2013
..........3 dayz n still counting..........
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by Nobody: 8:42am On May 22, 2013
guy cool down
I dont think NIMC is gonna call now
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by ombute: 9:08am On May 22, 2013
seighabenz: .......Anticipated dayz 4 training......6 dayz n counting......
am also from Bayelsa, I applied for the enrolment officer Job and have done the interview also... When did u do your own interview ( I mean the date) Bayelsans were not much the day I went for my interview.
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by seighabenz(m): 9:36am On May 22, 2013
ombute: am also from Bayelsa, I applied for the enrolment officer Job and have done the interview also... When did u do your own interview ( I mean the date) Bayelsans were not much the day I went for my interview.
.....did mine on d 23rd......bayelsans wer mch....in ma batch alone we ad 6 bayelsan......
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by ghosttownboss(m): 9:46am On May 22, 2013
Abeg can we take a head count on the customer care heads/officers on this forum?is it possible that the position has been called and nobody on this forum was invited?I no believe say na olodo for this forum apply for that position dat is why nobody was called.abeg press like if u r part of this group!

4 Likes

Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by Maxychic: 10:11am On May 22, 2013
I applied for customer care officer too.v not heard anytin o...stil waitin
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by hariorh: 10:26am On May 22, 2013
Sen. MarkMike:
My dear, prayer is needed anywhere, any time, for anyone and for anything. It's true some may not like the idea of praying just as others like it. However, the fact remains that it's better to pray than insult or even scare people. I thus posit that the best option on any occasion of prayer for those who are averse to it is to ignore it. It is their right to maintain silence on it as it is the right of others to encourage those they can through prayer. You can only pick quarrels if someone is trying to belittle your belief not when he is professing his. God bless all.

i'm guessing u don't understand my comments that i'm NOT against praying, but still if u feel converting this thread into a revival prayer meeting will guarantee all jobless graduates in the nation at large, positions in NIMC, then please go ahead and lead the way sir . We are solidly behind u.

grin
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by Nobody: 10:46am On May 22, 2013
I applied for the role of Customer Service or relations,,can't recall which exactly.
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by Nobody: 11:18am On May 22, 2013
l applied for customer service corporate l have not heard anything
Re: Nimc 2012/2013 Interview by Nobody: 1:14pm On May 22, 2013
hariorh:

i'm guessing u don't understand my comments that i'm NOT against praying, but still if u feel converting this thread into a revival prayer meeting will guarantee all jobless graduates in the nation at large, positions in NIMC, then please go ahead and lead the way sir . We are solidly behind u.

grin
No mind them like say na Seun go answer the prayers on behalf of God. What happened to praying in one's closet?

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (253) (Reply)

Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! / Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test / OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.