Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,141 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court (26152 Views)

Policeman On Duty Wearing Shorts & T-shirt In Ojo Lagos(photos) / Police Officer Sleeping On Duty (photo) / Amaechi ...sleeping On Duty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by whitecat007: 1:50pm On Jan 31, 2013
Has anyone taken another look? This may be a workplace vendetta. No one can keep eating like this when a visitor walks in.

The poster probably timed the guy during his lunch to get him fired so that he himself or someone he knows can take the job from him.

2 Likes

Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by touchmehard: 1:53pm On Jan 31, 2013
Deep Sight:

Femi; I see you have conceded the point on privacy.

As regards your question, my intention is to sensitize Nigerians on simple professionalism and customer service, nothing more, nothing less. I dont know that fellow and I have no reason to wish him ill.

And you are not aware that this picture could cost him his job abi?
Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jan 31, 2013
touch_me_hard:

His actions, not the picture, would cost him his job. Please stop the bullshiting..

1 Like

Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by whitecat007: 1:59pm On Jan 31, 2013
touch_me_hard:

Yummmm! I am hungry! must dip my hand in this tonight.[size=18pt]Yurk! Anyamaaaa![/size]
y
Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by DeepSight(m): 6:02pm On Jan 31, 2013
touch_me_hard:

In any decent society, it should.
Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by DeepSight(m): 6:02pm On Jan 31, 2013
whitecat007: Has anyone taken another look? This may be a workplace vendetta. No one can keep eating like this when a visitor walks in.

The poster probably timed the guy during his lunch to get him fired so that he himself or someone he knows can take the job from him.

Take his Job? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Now that is actually hilarious.
Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by nuclearboy(m): 6:46pm On Jan 31, 2013
Deep Sight:

Take his Job? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Now that is actually hilarious.

Well DS, whitecat doesn't know who you are, does he? And you'd be surprised how many people in this country see any job as a blessing!

I think you "morally" did the right thing getting appalled at what you saw! However, the reality on ground is that most Nigerians have been dehumanized and frankly, eating in an office is the least of their concerns! In issues like this, it will do you good to remember not everyone has the opportunities you do for education, exposure or even common sense! People are assailed by news of thugs and mediocres who became politicians, stealing Billions and here's DeepSight harrassing a poor clerk over eating his 200 Naira meal!

Its as simple as that! Whether its "right" or wrong is beside the point - in a savage society like ours, its absolutely a non-issue!

1 Like

Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by occam(m): 7:30pm On Jan 31, 2013
nuclearboy:

Well DS, whitecat doesn't know who you are, does he? And you'd be surprised how many people in this country see any job as a blessing!

I think you "morally" did the right thing getting appalled at what you saw! However, the reality on ground is that most Nigerians have been dehumanized and frankly, eating in an office is the least of their concerns! In issues like this, it will do you good to remember not everyone has the opportunities you do for education, exposure or even common sense! People are assailed by news of thugs and mediocres who became politicians, stealing Billions and here's DeepSight harrassing a poor clerk over eating his 200 Naira meal!

Its as simple as that! Whether its "right" or wrong is beside the point - in a savage society like ours, its absolutely a non-issue!

Very depressing. Really where and when did Nigeria take the wrong turn. A country penciled for greatness, but mediocrity is now the norm
Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by Fhemmmy: 7:33pm On Jan 31, 2013
Deep Sight:

Femi; I see you have conceded the point on privacy.

As regards your question, my intention is to sensitize Nigerians on simple professionalism and customer service, nothing more, nothing less. I dont know that fellow and I have no reason to wish him ill.

I never gave up on what i am so sure of, i only gave up when i realize that i am talking to someone that refused to wanna learn . . For example, i have said few times, dont call me Femi, but Fhemmmy . . . If you cant listen to something so simple how can i have a discussion with YOU.
Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by nuclearboy(m): 7:37pm On Jan 31, 2013
occam:

Very depressing. Really where and when did Nigeria take the wrong turn. A country penciled for greatness, but mediocrity is now the norm

Now you are talking! The photo, the thread and the responses are an indictment on what Nigeria has become! No decency, respect for self or others etc! Civilization is man's March toward privacy and amongst savages, what rules is the herd instinct! This is a perfect example!
Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by DeepSight(m): 8:59pm On Jan 31, 2013
Fhemmmy:

I never gave up on what i am so sure of, i only gave up when i realize that i am talking to someone that refused to wanna learn . . For example, i have said few times, dont call me Femi, but Fhemmmy . . . If you cant listen to something so simple how can i have a discussion with YOU.

FEMI, WHAT MORE DO YOU HAVE TO SAY ON PRIVACY?
Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by tpia5: 9:22pm On Jan 31, 2013
Deepsight, i see you're ignoring my posts.

Good for you.

I must say, this thread is beneath you, i'm really surprised you could do something like this.

Anyway, no be nl?

Its not today nlers will display this kind of behaviour, very unfortunate.
Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by oyin50(f): 9:59pm On Jan 31, 2013
Nigeria is in total psycological chaos. The responses here are heart wrenching, with such archaic and savage-like mindsets there is utterly no hope for reformation till the next century. I dare say the least.

1 Like

Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by Fhemmmy: 10:01pm On Jan 31, 2013
Deep Sight:

FEMI, WHAT MORE DO YOU HAVE TO SAY ON PRIVACY?

You are a "Lawyer" . . . Lol grin . .. I know people like you, always wanna find a way to make a situation seems like a joke once they have lose all faces . .keep up bro
Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by Fhemmmy: 10:01pm On Jan 31, 2013
tpia@:

Good for you.

I must say, this thread is beneath you, i'm really surprised you could do something like this.

Anyway, no be nl?

Lol . . .
Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by tpia5: 10:37pm On Jan 31, 2013
Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by DeepSight(m): 11:44pm On Jan 31, 2013
Fhemmmy:

You are a "Lawyer" . . . Lol grin . .. I know people like you, always wanna find a way to make a situation seems like a joke once they have lose all faces . .keep up bro

Please lets be serious.

Your only argument was "Privacy"

And I have shown you that a public offer on public duty in a public place CANNOT ask for that.

Period.

So if you have a response to that, lets see it; FEMI.
Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by DeepSight(m): 11:46pm On Jan 31, 2013
tpia@:

Good for you.

Anyway, no be nl?

Sharrap.

Its obvious that good ethics and professional behavior in public places is beneath YOU.

Olodo.

1 Like

Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by NegroNtns(m): 12:48am On Feb 01, 2013
deepsight,

professionalism and ethics is pertinent to one's practice and not an obligation in personal comfort.

this man's action is personal comfort and not professional ptactice or conduct.
Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by tpia5: 1:38am On Feb 01, 2013
Deep Sight:

Please lets be serious.

Your only argument was "Privacy"

And I have shown you that a public offer on public duty in a public place CANNOT ask for that.

Period.

do you have any evidence the man was not, as a matter of fact, inside his breakroom, or on break.

you are simply maligning him, end of.

the major issue here is the lack of security on those premises.

how can every tom dick and harry be allowed in with a cameraphone?
Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by redsun(m): 2:20am On Feb 01, 2013
tpia@:

do you have any evidence the man was not, as a matter of fact, inside his breakroom, or on break.

Now you truly lost it tpia. How can he be having his break and at the same time attending to customers? I thought you said you'v lived outside nigerian shore?
Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by tpia5: 2:27am On Feb 01, 2013
no, why would you assume that?

if he's on his break and people came to meet him there nko?
Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by redsun(m): 2:51am On Feb 01, 2013
tpia@:
no, why would you assume that?

if he's on his break and people came to meet him there nko?

Have u ever heard of the words canteen,staff room or even cafe where workers ease out at break time?
Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by Nobody: 3:05am On Feb 01, 2013
Ah...man must wack naw cheesy
Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by redsun(m): 3:06am On Feb 01, 2013
If that was guguru and ekpa or boli,that would have been pardonable. But amala and ewedu is so disastrous for an office desk with customers at hand.

1 Like

Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by tpia5: 4:57am On Feb 01, 2013
why is guguru and epa pardonable while amala is not.

you're just arguing without basis.
Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by kaboninc(m): 8:22am On Feb 01, 2013
tpia@:
why is guguru and epa pardonable while amala is not.

you're just arguing without basis.

Why are you pushing and dragging this issue? Like you're one of them.

And why are people following you on this dead end journey?

So you know that if I catch you like this, I'll do the same and even take it personal. Such an institution as the High Court always have a Lunch Room. Imagine you go to Google and find the receptionist eating on duty, what would be your reaction? Because this is Nigeria and in a government institution, people just behave the way the want.

There are rules and regulations. Eating amala is even a 'small' offence.
Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by DeepSight(m): 9:18am On Feb 01, 2013
tpia@:

Now you are truly, stark, raving, and drastically mad: and there is in fact a very appropriate and urgent need for medical intervention in your case.

Clearly you have never been near a court or proper office before.
Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by DeepSight(m): 9:27am On Feb 01, 2013
Negro_Ntns: deepsight,

professionalism and ethics is pertinent to one's practice and not an obligation in personal comfort.

this man's action is personal comfort and not professional ptactice or conduct.

I can only assume that you wrote this shortly after arising from the very heavy and very inappropriate burden of a female street lunatic residing massively on your loins: wherein such a street lunatic somehow transferred her unfortunate condition from her groin into your very hapless mind: as indeed is what most women do to men behind closed doors; and sometimes in public; namely: take away their senses.

For I cannot in any other circumstance imagine by what weighty tragedy you could make such an unguarded statement to the effect that work in a Court Room office is "personal comfort", and not "professional practice or conduct"

Old boy, i like you for your Afro-centric rantings but please don't push it.
Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by nokingasgod: 10:32am On Feb 01, 2013
Deep Sight:

I can only assume that you wrote this shortly after arising from the very heavy and very inappropriate burden of a female street lunatic residing massively on your loins: wherein such a street lunatic somehow transferred her unfortunate condition from her groin into your very hapless mind: as indeed is what most women do to men behind closed doors; and sometimes in public; namely: take away their senses.

For I cannot in any other circumstance imagine by what weighty tragedy you could make such an unguarded statement to the effect that work in a Court Room office is "personal comfort", and not "professional practice or conduct"

Old boy, i like you for your Afro-centric rantings but please don't push it.

DEEPSIGHT, I will implore you to ignore this thread and convert your time to something more precious. I have done my research extensively, you have done no wrong. You have exercised your right as provided for in Nigerian constitution. Even in the US, UK & CANADA the law protects and backs what you have done in fact in the US AND UK not even the police have any right to seize your camera or phone.

A public servant, on a public property and at the specific point where he was supposed to render some service to the public has no right to privacy. Shikena!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Senate Crisis: Saraki’s Loyalists Beg Buhari: The Nation / Why North Is Tolerating Buhari – Shehu Sani / Lagos Becomes Africa's Start-Up Capital, Ibadan Takes Nigeri's No 2 Spot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.