Stats: 3,153,975 members, 7,821,410 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court (26159 Views)

Policeman On Duty Wearing Shorts & T-shirt In Ojo Lagos(photos) / Police Officer Sleeping On Duty (photo) / Amaechi ...sleeping On Duty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by VirginFinder: 7:59am On Jan 30, 2013
stillwater:

It is because Amala made headlines again. That is why all form of professionalism would temporarily sideline them.
I'm sure they'd have made contributions that are worthwhile, if the OP had used a more universal term like eba. grin grin

Even eba is not universal.
Garri is the universal name.
Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by Skynet247(m): 8:04am On Jan 30, 2013
Havin such a stupid post,is as disgusting as he who started it... What the hell is wrong with you... Do you know the circumstances that leads to that occurrance, to tel how jobles u are, u went to someones door,and hav da enficacy f taken photo of him. Eating...ur worse than a pirate... U better evalaute this ur inappropriate ill.behaviour, n it wil save u a wealth lot of doom... That is someone privacy... If the thing pain... Why not go kick soldier 4ass...
Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by ayandee: 8:16am On Jan 30, 2013
@op. Do u have his permission to take dat pic. U are infringing on his privacy. As a lawyer u ought to know better.

Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by Ike77503(m): 8:20am On Jan 30, 2013
For those that think there's nothing wrong with this man eating while on duty, you must have not been outside the shores of Nigeria...its totally disgusting ! there's no excuse whatsoever that warrants him to eat openly like that. c'mon meeeen..okay, they hardly get breaks ( doubt it though) but he should have the sense of professionalism to excuse himself for half hour for meal..I hope one of his superior see's this and have some good conversation with him. however, for those of you in Lagos, if you can PRINT this whole conversation and picture take it there and show him. enlighten him. if we take initiatives like this folks will sit up. I wish I can afford to equip Nigerians with cameras and have a Local station show illicit and Illegal acts of my people....to the guy that took the pic...abeg it again if you see bad thing but make you try talk to them too....ONE LOVE y'all...

Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by chioma134: 8:34am On Jan 30, 2013
2 days ago, I was on duty in the emergency. I went to work early and didn't have time to eat. I also had to attend antenatal,run some tests etc cos I'm pregnant. I planned to have breakfast at d canteen when I was done b4 returning to emergency. But as I was passing by,I saw 2 emergencies being brought in. That meant I couldn't eat afterall. So I bought meatpie,took it to my desk,and started taking history while eating with one hand. One of d relations was looking at me absurdly and typing away on his phone,but I no send am. Abi they want me to collapse b4 they know man must wack. I must admit it was my 1st time of doing that,but I had no choice. Would it have been better to have them all wait while I spend 30mins or more at d canteen? No be me say make govt no employ more hands.

Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by midich: 8:50am On Jan 30, 2013
I think a lot of pple are actually not thinkn b4 makn dia comments, cos dis scenario has to be understood. D question to ask is ; 1) waz it lunch period dat he was doing dis, if yes, does it mean dia is no lunch room for dat, if yes, he is not to be blamed, bt if no to d question, den he is very wrong, Dat means poor work ethics. But another thing be say dia maybe exceptional cases shaa ooo.
Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by cooleo(m): 8:52am On Jan 30, 2013
Samchelsea: Some comments here shows that Nigeria still has a long way to go......must he attend to people when eating?, so if someone gives him a white paper to look at he will use the same hand to collect it? If he can't then he should have told them to wait outside when he is through he'll attend to them or if you go to a bank and the cashier is eating and attending to customers how will you feel?
P.S nobody says he shouldn't eat but he should act in the right way

God bless u sir!!
Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by Nobody: 8:54am On Jan 30, 2013
Op don't bother yourself with Nigeria as you can deduce from the first page. A country not only deserves its leaders but also whatever perception they get from the rest of the world.

Someone even said it is rude to describe amala and ewedu as stinky food. Shows the block head stubbornness of many Nigerians. Stinky food is unpleasant to others in the area who naturally may not be expecting the smell to hit them right in the nose. Be honest with you, i'd say abandon them and seek opportunity in a place that suits your expectation. Let them continue with whatever makes them happy.

One more thing, Op you may also want to curse back anyone who curses you because after all we all have mouth. Sharp your own too and curse the living day light out of the myopic buttheads. angry

Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by sexybash(f): 9:05am On Jan 30, 2013
dayokanu: What happened on this thread again?

Ok Make I give una amala chop

[img]http://northoflagos.files./2010/12/crw_5356.jpg[/img]
men am hungry i wan go eat
Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by raqueal(f): 9:06am On Jan 30, 2013
Nairaland and hypocrites shouting breach of privacy! Nairalander's post a lot of pictures of others taken without their consent, so what are you saying?

Most of you are quick to defend the registrar and his amala and it shows that you are simply uncultured,unproffessional and unrefined and would do worse in your various work places.

Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by nnedozie22: 9:12am On Jan 30, 2013
chioma134: 2 days ago, I was on duty in the emergency. I went to work early and didn't have time to eat. I also had to attend antenatal,run some tests etc cos I'm pregnant. I planned to have breakfast at d canteen when I was done b4 returning to emergency. But as I was passing by,I saw 2 emergencies being brought in. That meant I couldn't eat afterall. [b]So I bought meatpie,took it to my desk,and started taking history while eating with one hand. [/b]One of d relations was looking at me absurdly and typing away on his phone,but I no send am. Abi they want me to collapse b4 they know man must wack. I must admit it was my 1st time of doing that,but I had no choice. Would it have been better to have them all wait while I spend 30mins or more at d canteen? No be me say make govt no employ more hands.

Are you a professional nurse? If yes, then Nigeria has really gone to the dogs. how can you eat while attending to patients with the whole health risks involved, that means touching those infected files, desks, pens as well as the patient you are attending to at that time.It is very unethical and i remember being taught not to work without breakfast as that entails exposing yourself to infections. No wonder we carry home all forms of things to our family members and in most cases end up with the diseases. Please don't ever try that again as a colleague of mine lost her pregnancy after attending to a particular case many years ago in Nigeria. Be guided accordingly, stay healthy!

Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by hadjibabaondrun: 9:13am On Jan 30, 2013
Helo friends! Ar u in ur final yr in any discipline and in need of a complete project. U can contact dis numba 07063132291 or email shuaib360@gmail.com, or add me up on 2go or watsapp wit my number. We ar ready to serve u beta tnx!
Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by topmostg: 9:22am On Jan 30, 2013
O.p. Is this some kind of joke?
So he shouldn't eat again cos he's on duty abi?
Anyway we've heard you.
Can someone shut down the phucking thread now?
Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by Nobody: 9:26am On Jan 30, 2013
garri (x8):
It is shameful that a high level of Unprofessionalism is[b] becoming the norm [/b]in our Civil service.. You don't have to look too far to know why the country is the way it is currently...

shocked shocked shocked DUDE DID U SAY 'BECOMING THE NORM' ? U MUST'VE BEEN BASED IN THE U.S OR SOMEWHERE TO NOT KNOW THAT IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE NORM.
Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by damiso(f): 9:39am On Jan 30, 2013
So wrong even if he was eating a sandwich,pizza or rice.You should not even answer the phone(at work)while eating.Its unproffessional.Everyone is saying its ok cos its the public service.
Can a cashier in Zenith bank be eating amala while attending to you?And for those who said maybe its his lunch break,go and ask those working in Banks they rarely go for lunch but still does not mean you can be eating amala and attending to customers.

P.S OP is wrong to have posted pic without permission that breach of privacy.
Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by Babalegba(m): 9:49am On Jan 30, 2013
Sadly we are just village dwellers in suits and it shows.Nigerians barely understand what professionalism is.
Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by marshal4us(m): 9:51am On Jan 30, 2013
Kzinne: all this story because u want to show us a picture of an individual havin his or her lunch? na u no get work. nonsense charge and bail
i dont really know whats wrong with some people here. Is it a must that u must comment on every thread and if so must u be r.ude? Just imagine what said to a fellow whom u dont even know. What point have u made, d wise one.
Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by TableLeg(m): 10:25am On Jan 30, 2013
slyfoxxjoe: ur an illiterate so u can't understand the op's point. I'm guessing ur not in the work force ur self from this silly opinion u just posted. If I ran a business and saw my employee eating amala 'WHILST' attending to my customers, I will sack him instanteneously!
Your father is an illiterate... I repeat your raggedy ass lineage are all bloody illiterates
You wont run a business because you dont have any brains to set one up in the first place!
Let me send you to school and treat you to a quality 9-5, you jobless dumbfu...ck
Coming all up here to call me an illiterate because of my opinion.... Thunder strike dead your nerves!
You stupi...d fu..ckheaded oxymoronic dingbat!

Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by adexsimply(m): 11:10am On Jan 30, 2013
J12: Amala - One of those meals I just can't stand
i second that sis.. i hate it with passion
Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by Nobody: 11:14am On Jan 30, 2013
baby_123: Would it have been better if it was rice? Because he had to attend to you all he should die and not eat lunch? Abegi. You have issues. Some people dont have time for lunch. undecided. What exactly is your problem? You went to his office and his desk, he didnt come to you. Were you hungry or what? I dont get the whole point of this post.
what froze me is not your ignorance but the number of people that agree with you. They are either children or plain stup.id. There is something called break time. Outside that time, you are expected to face your work.

Honestly, the way you people react here tells a lot about you. I know you have never worked a good job in a private firm likewise those who agree with you because then, office etiquette would have been taught to you.
Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by kayfx2(m): 11:54am On Jan 30, 2013
I understand the poster to a point..Its very unprofessional to get into a corporate office only to have your nostrils filled with concentrated smell of amala and fish(how i feel like eating some now)lol! and which ever soup he his downing the chunk with. He should have just excused himself somewhere free from customers. No boss is gon kill him for stealing few mins to eat even though there is no specified time by cooperation for break time.. OP was wrong posting his picture on a public forum without his consent.
Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by TableLeg(m): 12:14pm On Jan 30, 2013
kayfx2: OP was wrong posting his picture on a public forum without his consent.
Absolutely ... I agree!
Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by Ike77503(m): 12:15pm On Jan 30, 2013
fowl ! fowl !! fowl ! ! ! FOWL ! ! ! ! some of you just dont have common sense..NO NAME CALLING HERE...how can you say the OP should have asked for permission before posting his pic? the OP posted the pic to bring awareness to a disgusting behavior and perhaps a distasteful practice in Nigeria , and to help correct a WRONG through interaction using NL. cant you get it..? geshhhhhhhhh...SO IF I CATCH ON CAMERA STEALING OR SLEEPING ON DUTY, MAKE I COME SHOW THE PIC AND ASK 4 YOUR PERMISSION TO POST AM ONLINE? mschhhheeewwwwwwwwww
Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jan 30, 2013
Why the emphasis on BLACK AMALA and FISH? Why simply not say the man was having his meal?
Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by StOla: 12:42pm On Jan 30, 2013
It's really disappointing seeing that the above comments were made by supposedly educated Nigerians.

Firstly, the point being made about not having the subject's permission to snap and post the picture. I ask, was any permission given for the pictures of fighting, sleeping, and drunk policemen taken and posted online? Must an ad-hoc/impromptu journalist request permission to capture a moment/image that tells the story of a culprit? Do the pictures and videos posted all over the internet that informs all get the express permission of the subjects?

Secondly, even if eating is human nature and the subject being so busy with civil service work had to eat while at his desk, must it be a relaxed meal with hands? whatever happened to a quick snack? Couldn't the office be temporarily closed to clients? For him to be so comfortable licking and biting and swallowing at his office desk in the presence of waiting clients should be a test case of self awareness disorder.

Thirdly, To be eating at his official desk is inherently a lack of office etiquette, talkless of in the presence of waiting clients. Whatever happened to his superiors? Professionalism in the civil service has long been away without official leave.

Lastly, the comments on this topic, reveals why our environment is unkempt, why our ultra mordern markets seem more like a dumpsite, why our dead pets are thrown onto the roads, why our food canteens are located right over the open gutter, why we hardly have public toilets around, why our commuter buses are unfit for chickens. It's because we deserve no better, we cannot appreciate better, the jungle is still in us.

Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by kayfx2(m): 1:00pm On Jan 30, 2013
Ike_77503: fowl ! fowl !! fowl ! ! ! FOWL ! ! ! ! some of you just dont have common sense..NO NAME CALLING HERE...how can you say the OP should have asked for permission before posting his pic? the OP posted the pic to bring awareness to a disgusting behavior and perhaps a distasteful practice in Nigeria , and to help correct a WRONG through interaction using NL. cant you get it..? geshhhhhhhhh...SO IF I CATCH ON CAMERA STEALING OR SLEEPING ON DUTY, MAKE I COME SHOW THE PIC AND ASK 4 YOUR PERMISSION TO POST AM ONLINE? mschhhheeewwwwwwwwww
Oga Listen! who's talking about permission here..? Op should av atleast modified the picture(blur his face or sumtin) or better still keep the location anonymous. Abeg, dey use ur sense well..
Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by nokingasgod: 1:25pm On Jan 30, 2013
It's really amazing seeing Public/Civil Servants at work. Just last month, circumstances forced me to Orile Agege General Hospital. Right from the first minute i entered the hospital premises, it was drama all the way. THe absurdities was so pervasive that i thought i was sleeping and these are not true.

In one of the dramas, i needed to pay for some drugs and i got to the office where the drugs were to be costed. I was about number 10 on the queue and for about 10 minutes the queue was'nt moving and i can see in the office there were about 4 women who were supposed to be attending to us but they were busy gisting about the ''aso ebi'' that somebody brought in and comparing it with ....... I was on that queue for about 35 minutes before i took my turn.

Now i move to the payment point, here too i was about number 15 on the queue in front of a desk where there was nobody. Again, after about 10 minutes, i approached the adjoining office to seek for help about the where-about of whoever was supposed to be in charge, and i got a non-challant reply that i should go back to the queue as the person will soon come.

After about 30 minutes, the lady emerged majestically and one of his colleagues jokingly told her ''your people'' have been waiting and to my amazement, she replied ''let them wait now or will they say i must not eat'' showing off the bowl of rice she had gone to buy. I was praying to God, please wake me from this wicked sleep or at least give me the patience to bear it all. But to my utmost consternation, not sooner had she sat down that another lady who was not on the queue came in from no where and walked straight to her for the same service that we have been waiting for ages and she was attended to because according to her ''she is a staff now''. Only God knows how, but i viberated so much that a senior nursing officer came in from the inner office to pacify me. Obviously, i was mistaken for a senior civil servant because they were all pleading and saying that i should have introduced myself and i needed not to have queued.

I visited that hospital for four consecutive days and it was drama galore from all and sundry, the doctors, nurses, surgeons, gatemen, clerks etc and i prayed to God to forgive me of any sin that will warrant my visiting any public hospital again.

Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by TableLeg(m): 1:27pm On Jan 30, 2013
Ike_77503: fowl ! fowl !! fowl ! ! ! FOWL ! ! ! ! some of you just dont have common sense..NO NAME CALLING HERE...how can you say the OP should have asked for permission before posting his pic? the OP posted the pic to bring awareness to a disgusting behavior and perhaps a distasteful practice in Nigeria , and to help correct a WRONG through interaction using NL. cant you get it..? geshhhhhhhhh...SO IF I CATCH ON CAMERA STEALING OR SLEEPING ON DUTY, MAKE I COME SHOW THE PIC AND ASK 4 YOUR PERMISSION TO POST AM ONLINE? mschhhheeewwwwwwwwww
You are a brainless foool!
Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jan 30, 2013
Why is there so much venom and bile going on here?

I will call Afam and OAM4J for you guys... grin

Chill guys....
Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by Fhemmmy: 2:24pm On Jan 30, 2013
The man could be doing something wrong, but you taking his pix without his consent and being a lawyer . . . . I am sure the man could come after you if he know his right. . . And at this junction, i think you are both on same level of doing the wrong.
Re: Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court by nokingasgod: 2:41pm On Jan 30, 2013
Fhemmmy: The man could be doing something wrong, but you taking his pix without his consent and being a lawyer . . . . I am sure the man could come after you if he know his right. . . And at this junction, i think you are both on same level of doing the wrong.

No Sir, the man is a public servant and the picture was supposedly taken in a public office where he was supposed to be rendering services different from what the pix showed him doing. We, the public, reserves the right to know and also to bring such into discourse with a view to correcting it. It is a fundamental right and you dont need to be a lawyer to know that. THe man would only have a case if he can prove he was not the one in the pix or he was the one but he never did such a thing and that the pix was manipulated (photoshopped) and published with malice in order to bring him to disrepute.

Or, he was the one, he did that act in his office which was under lock and key and not opened to the public at the time and that the photographer pulled some papparazzi stunt in order to take the shots thereby encroaching on his privacy......

For education sake, let the lawyers in the house take this up please!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Nigeria’s New National Airline To Commence Operation This Year – Minister / Lai Mohammed Denies Ordering NBC To Suspend BBNaija / 'We Warned Obama About Buhari' - Fani-kayode's Explosive Interview On RT UK

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71