Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,617 members, 7,816,539 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

Pls Auto Guru In The House Can Break Cause Overheating? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pls Auto Guru In The House Can Break Cause Overheating? (1263 Views)

Overheating – All You Need To Know / What Causes Overheating And How Can It Be Totally Prevented / Help! My Car Is Overheating (Nissan Maxima 2000) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Auto Guru In The House Can Break Cause Overheating? by Elsafema: 9:11am On Jan 30, 2013
Pls Auto guru in house i discover my acura 3.5 is overheating, fan is blowing normarly, i hav wash the radiator i even had coolant but i notice that whenever my leg is much on break may b in the holdup teprature wil rise but if am on high speed and march break ocationaly temprature will not rise. Pls what could b wrong with my car?
Re: Pls Auto Guru In The House Can Break Cause Overheating? by Diovinci: 9:30am On Jan 30, 2013
Elsafema: Pls Auto guru in house i discover my acura 3.5 is overheating, fan is blowing normarly, i hav wash the radiator i even had coolant but i notice that whenever my leg is much on break may b in the holdup teprature wil rise but if am on high speed and march break ocationaly temprature will not rise. Pls what could b wrong with my car?

Auto Guru, my one month old Tokumbo Toyota corolla 03`s.engine fan blows only when I put on the A/c,although it doesn't overheat,Is it normal? Please advice me.
Re: Pls Auto Guru In The House Can Break Cause Overheating? by Elsafema: 2:05pm On Jan 31, 2013
Elsafema: Pls Auto guru in house i discover my acura 3.5 is overheating, fan is blowing normarly, i hav wash the radiator i even had coolant but i notice that whenever my leg is much on break may b in the holdup teprature wil rise but if am on high speed and march break ocationaly temprature will not rise. Pls what could b wrong with my car?
Re: Pls Auto Guru In The House Can Break Cause Overheating? by Elsafema: 3:21pm On Feb 02, 2013
Any advise
Re: Pls Auto Guru In The House Can Break Cause Overheating? by Steveonyekachi: 11:30am On Feb 04, 2013
As per the accura...overheating can be caused by three major parts...1-bad radiator..2-leakage from the water pump...3-faulty fan...if all this are ok...then change the water pump...may be it does not have pressure any more
Re: Pls Auto Guru In The House Can Break Cause Overheating? by Elsafema: 3:07pm On Feb 08, 2013
Steveonyekachi: As per the accura...overheating can be caused by three major parts...1-bad radiator..2-leakage from the water pump...3-faulty fan...if all this are ok...then change the water pump...may be it does not have pressure any more
Re: Pls Auto Guru In The House Can Break Cause Overheating? by ZIMDRILL(m): 5:38pm On Feb 08, 2013

when you say overheat what temperature does it read ? when you say too much on break what do you mean ?

in hold up traffic temperature will rise a bit thats where the fan kicks in from theory a fan wont kick in while you are driving why ? becoz the motion of the car is forcing air in the radiator grill therefore cooling cooliant in the radiator

at stand still no air is being forced into grill therefore temperature will rise a bit then the thermo open and fan kicks in

so for the mean time give us the readings and we work from there
Re: Pls Auto Guru In The House Can Break Cause Overheating? by Nobody: 3:52am On Feb 09, 2013

How high does the temp go?

How are you also defining overheating?

1 Like

Re: Pls Auto Guru In The House Can Break Cause Overheating? by Elsafema: 8:22pm On Feb 09, 2013
Somorin#1:

How high does the temp go?

How are you also defining overheating?
this is the car i hav bn using for past three yr now i know when the car is over heating and when the temprature is normal. I notice i hv travel for 3hr with high speed and the temprature is normal from indicator, but i also notice i drove just 15min in holdup my leg was on breake and temprature rise from the indicator that i hav to pack and when i open radiator water started goshing out. It has hapen severaly like this.
Re: Pls Auto Guru In The House Can Break Cause Overheating? by Ikenna351(m): 10:53pm On Feb 09, 2013
Elsafema: this is the car i hav bn using for past three yr now i know when the car is over heating and when the temprature is normal. I notice i hv travel for 3hr with high speed and the temprature is normal from indicator, but i also notice i drove just 15min in holdup my leg was on breake and temprature rise from the indicator that i hav to pack and when i open radiator water started goshing out. It has hapen severaly like this.

Were you expecting the fluid in your radiator not to gush out when you open the radiator cap when the engine has run for mins? Engine is made to operate well with hot coolant, so what do expect the coolant to be? Cold like ice block?

You have an issue with your vehicle, you are asking for help, but you seem not be interested in the help been rendered. Everyone is asking you a simple question but you prefer to hear something else from them.

That you have driven your vehicle for 3 years doesnt mean you undestand the vehicle well, which is very glaring so far from your responses so far.

You need to tell them the level of the temp guage after few mins of engine running, to know if your engine has been over cooling, running normal or overheating. That the temp guage needle was always resting on the coldest zone of the temp guage for the last 3 years doesnt mean its normal. 95% of engines i have come accrossed were designed to run well at 90% celsus ( usually at the middle of temp guage).

Either you allow them help you diagnose your car online or you take it back to those clowns that will send the car to its early grave. Its your call.

Ikenna.

1 Like

Re: Pls Auto Guru In The House Can Break Cause Overheating? by Elsafema: 7:43am On Feb 11, 2013
Ikenna351:

Were you expecting the fluid in your radiator not to gush out when you open the radiator cap when the engine has run for mins? Engine is made to operate well with hot coolant, so what do expect the coolant to be? Cold like ice block?

You have an issue with your vehicle, you are asking for help, but you seem not be interested in the help been rendered. Everyone is asking you a simple question but you prefer to hear something else from them.

That you have driven your vehicle for 3 years doesnt mean you undestand the vehicle well, which is very glaring so far from your responses so far.

You need to tell them the level of the temp guage after few mins of engine running, to know if your engine has been over cooling, running normal or overheating. That the temp guage needle was always resting on the coldest zone of the temp guage for the last 3 years doesnt mean its normal. 95% of engines i have come accrossed were designed to run well at 90% celsus ( usually at the middle of temp guage).

Either you allow them help you diagnose your car online or you take it back to those clowns that will send the car to its early grave. Its your call.

Ikenna.
If temprature of a car is normal no matter the hour of driving water may b very hot but not expect to gosh out or else the car is over heating. This forum is design not only to seeks help bus as to rub minds together i hav seing a man here solved is own problem with another mans problem. U misundertand me am not hearing something else from any body as u said am only telling i kown when the car is overheating my indicator rises from Zero to the middle and stay there either the engine is worm or with hour of driving but the moment its pass middle thatmeans there is trouble. This platform is to seek help as well as to educate our selfs. Thank u.

(1) (Reply)

With 2.3m Which Vehicle Should I Go For / Broken Hose On Air Filter Housing Box Of Camry 2003 / 5 Car Brands To Buy And 5 To Avoid From.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.